Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
When you measure the SEC teams against LSU or Alabama they don't quite measure up, but they're still better than the best teams from any other conference.
definitely not if you're talking about this year. All the teams were severely overrated because if the preseason polls.

I'd actually put money right now UCLA can beat Florida. I guess a good test will be ASU vs. Mizzou next week. I agree the combination of LSU and Alabama are better together than the top two teams from any other conference but after those two, its based on name recognition alone.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The best are fans of teams like Ole Miss who talk **** about being in the SEC, as if that was an accomplishment by itself.
Your first mistake is listening to anything an Ole Miss fan has to say.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, you thought I was taking your ridiculous premise and trying to make an actual discussion out of it. Sarcasm.

Nobody is arguing that the South produces better football players. Of course they do. But the SEC can't take credit for UL-Monroe. That's absolutely absurd.

Also, the primary reason why there are less pro sports in the South is because historically the South has been poor and rural as ****. Not a great market for pro sports.

To the contrary....Rather,the hard working people in the south refuse to have their municipalities held hostage by NFL owners to fund stadiums for them. They'd rather spend their money elsewhere as opposed to giving it to overpaid athletes and their check writers.

The south has always had a self-sustaining economy. I've lived up north ranging from Washingon St. all the way to Pennsylvania. I'm well aware of where the poor folks are, and they ain't confined to the south.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
definitely not if you're talking about this year. All the teams were severely overrated because if the preseason polls.

I'd actually put money right now UCLA can beat Florida. I guess a good test will be ASU vs. Mizzou next week. I agree the combination of LSU and Alabama are better together than the top two teams from any other conference but after those two, its based on name recognition alone.

Florida is a 6-6 SEC team, but I'll take that UCLA/Florida bet all day long. You think Franklin is going to be running for 200 yards up and down the field all day against an SEC defense like Florida's?

Whatever the bet is... double it.

If the rest of the league is based on name recognition then why can't anybody else beat 'em consistently?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The south has always had a self-sustaining economy.
Just a recommendation, but when trying to make a pro-South argument, you might want to avoid any references that remind people of slavery.

But no economy in the world is self-sustaining. Historically, the South had an agriculturally-based economy that relied on northern and European manufacturing. This is proven by the fact that the Reconstruction South suffered for decades under the loss of markets for their cotton and the free labor that slavery provided.

Anyway, I'm aware that poverty exists in all places, but you're deluding yourself (a surprise to me, of course) if you think the lack of large metro areas with major corporations has been a huge deterrent for pro markets. Just where would you host a pro team in Alabama or Mississippi? Pro teams need a lot of people with a lot of money.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is officially the weirdest turn a game day thread has ever taken.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
All gameday threads should have a discussion about the economy of the antebellum South. It's only natural.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Let's make it weirder and talk about how Canada really won the civil war.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Old 09-09-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, the only "cupcake" in the SEC is Kentucky or possibly Ole Miss. Kentucky makes up for it with their basketball championships because they're a basketball school. All they really want to see anyway is a 6-6 football team and they're fine as long as the basketball program is winning.

As down as Ole Miss is right now, they still manage to put 40 point beatdowns on WAC teams like Fresno St. that everyone was always so impressed with Boise St. going undefeated against every year.

I mean, if I were a team wanting to pencil in 2 or 3 easy wins ahead of time, I would certainly choose 2 or 3 cupcakes from the Big-12 before I would choose 2 or 3 from the SEC.
BAHAHAHA you used this as a point to talk about how good the SEC is!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Just a recommendation, but when trying to make a pro-South argument, you might want to avoid any references that remind people of slavery.
When you start dropping knowledge, I cannot resist reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arkansas dropped out of the top 25.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys stop messin with Colonel Reb?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon S John Boyett is out for the season.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everyone watching this week? Here's my schedule:

Thursday 9/13:

7:30 - Rutgers @ South Florida (ESPN)

Friday 9/14:

9:00 - Washington St. @ UNLV (ESPN)

Saturday 9/15:

12:30 - Connecticut @ Maryland (ESPN3)
3:30 - Alabama @ Arkansas (CBS)
6:00 - Florida @ Tennessee (ESPN)
8:00 - Notre Dame @ Michigan St. (ABC)
10:00 - Brigham Young @ Utah (ESPN2)
Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd love to actually go to the UT/UF game because I could get free tickets. Alas, I will be pet-sitting....

:(
Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
What's everyone watching this week? Here's my schedule:

Thursday 9/13:

7:30 - Rutgers @ South Florida (ESPN)

Friday 9/14:

9:00 - Washington St. @ UNLV (ESPN)

Saturday 9/15:

12:30 - Connecticut @ Maryland (ESPN3)
3:30 - Alabama @ Arkansas (CBS)
6:00 - Florida @ Tennessee (ESPN)
8:00 - Notre Dame @ Michigan St. (ABC)
10:00 - Brigham Young @ Utah (ESPN2)
There's no chance Wilson plays, right?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see we've already started with the predictable "The SEC is down!" and "The SEC is overrated!" statements that come from non-SEC fans every September, only to disappear by December.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I see we've already started with the predictable "The SEC is down!" and "The SEC is overrated!" statements that come from non-SEC fans every September, only to disappear by December.
The SEC was overrated in December too, or do you not remember losing to Michigan State?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, UGA losing a meaningless Bowl game by a FG in overtime to MSU proves the SEC is overrated. That snapped UGAs streak of 6 Bowl wins in a row vs Big 10 teams.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Overrated, by definition, means that you are given too much credit for something you don't back up with results. By SEC standards and media hype, you would expect them to win every game they play against supposedly inferior competition.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

w h i t e t e x t

Last edited by soybean : 09-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Arkansas dropped out of the top 25.
I said this earlier when people were predicting that Arkansas would prove to be a real upset chance versus Alabama, but people have underestimated how much of an influence going from Petrino to John L. Smith is going have on this team.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I said this earlier when people were predicting that Arkansas would prove to be a real upset chance versus Alabama, but people have underestimated how much of an influence going from Petrino to John L. Smith is going have on this team.
I just hope it does not have an impact on Tyler Wilson's draft stock. He is a good QB - should be a first round pick and I hope NFL scouts realize this.

On the other hand Danny O'Brien made me sad this weekend but Sean Mannion made me happy.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yeah, UGA losing a meaningless Bowl game by a FG in overtime to MSU proves the SEC is overrated. That snapped UGAs streak of 6 Bowl wins in a row vs Big 10 teams.
Your rationalization has absolutely nothing to do with bear's statement. 5 points, Gopher.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote