Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Wed, Sep 5 @New York L - I thought we were gonna lose against the Giants at home coming off their SB win.

2 Sun, Sep 16 @Seattle W - Not sweating it against Russell Wilson.

3 Sun, Sep 23 vsTampa Bay W - First home game of the season, I like us to come out and dominate.

4 Mon, Oct 1 vsChicago W - 2nd week in a row at home, our guys get to sleep in their comfy beds. Close game, but we have a great chance to win this. I'm thinking by Week 4, that our Week 1 kinks will be ironed out.

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 14 @Baltimore W - This game will be tough on the road, but 2 weeks to prepare, and that increases my hopes that we can win.

7 Sun, Oct 21 @Carolina W - You shut down Steve Smith (which we can with our CBs) and you shut down Carolina. Their running game is atrocious.

8 Sun, Oct 28 vsNew York - We got the Eli stoppers in Carr/Claiborne. ;)

So ATL I think gives us a run for our money.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol D-Unit is hyped!

I just don't want to see a letdown vs. Seattle, I'm more of a one game at a time fan haha. I will say though, as long as Murray stays healthy and this defense stays confident... I like our chances to be 4-0 at the bye. Chicago will be tough, but being home will help.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
lol D-Unit is hyped!

I just don't want to see a letdown vs. Seattle, I'm more of a one game at a time fan haha. I will say though, as long as Murray stays healthy and this defense stays confident... I like our chances to be 4-0 at the bye. Chicago will be tough, but being home will help.
LOL. If you look at the prediction thread in the NFC East forum, this is exactly what I had.

We all know week to week in the NFL can change a mood incredibly though.

Just right now, I feel good about what I predicted! hah!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm the cocky one??? :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Senasabaugh has concussion symptoms and Jenkins is ready to play, I wonder if we'll see some hybrid 4 CB defenses this week with Church playing as the single high Safety. There was some talk of that back in the spring.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I keep my confidence in house. ;)
Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
2 SB last 5 versus 1 Playoff Win.

There are good reasons and bad ones.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
2 SB last 5 versus 1 Playoff Win.

There are good reasons and bad ones.
GF has plenty of good reasons to be cocky.

...and he is. :)
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol D-Unit is hyped!

If Murray stays healthy all year I see double digit wins. Not only would there be an effective running game, but a dominant one. Romo already is capable of pulling in wins and making big plays, but imagine him having a dominant running game behind him like Murray has been when healthy. I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Baltimore is looking tough tonight in the box score, but I haven't been able to see the game.

No matta... we got this.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Baltimore is looking tough tonight in the box score, but I haven't been able to see the game.

No matta... we got this.
Cincy looked very bad. Ray Rice will always get Cincy's defense gave Flacco some REALLY easy looks. I think McGee could of replicated those numbers :P
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want us to sleep on Seattle this week. Seattle has a solid secondary and the defense as a whole is no slouch. Lynch worries me and Wilson running around does some.

With that being said if we play with the same intensity we did this past week, we should win 30-13.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I don't want us to sleep on Seattle this week. Seattle has a solid secondary and the defense as a whole is no slouch. Lynch worries me and Wilson running around does some.

With that being said if we play with the same intensity we did this past week, we should win 30-13.
I mentioned it the other day, the matchup I worry about its Red Bryant vs Free. If Bryant can push Free into the backfield not only does it disturb the run game it prevents Tony from sliding up and out to avoid pressure. Clemons and Irvin are pretty athletic on the otherside and those extra seconds Romo buys with his legs could be the difference between a big play or getting sacked.

As we know the team live and dies with Tony's decision making. Earl Thomas/ Chancellor are game breakers in the secondary and if Romo gets loose due to pressure they will make him pay.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Senasabaugh has concussion symptoms and Jenkins is ready to play, I wonder if we'll see some hybrid 4 CB defenses this week with Church playing as the single high Safety. There was some talk of that back in the spring.
Hmm I like the sounds of this. I hope Sensy can play, he's a pretty solid ball hawk when we provide pressure and good coverage, nice range to his game. 4 CB's would provide some remedy to not having him out there. Hopefully we can make it work with Jenkins provided some additional secondary depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

There's no reason to be concerned about Seattle. If they were an NFC East opponent they'd go winless in the division. We're gonna trounce them and it might get ugly... really ugly. Russell Wilson will be lying on his ass (if he passes) or have his face in the grass (if he runs) all game long. Dude's gonna have a dirty jersey. I don't see them scoring a single TD. Rob Ryan is gonna confuse the hell out of Wilson's mind.

Lynch doesn't bother me. He has back spasms and our front 7 is great against the run.

Their defense might be good, I'll give them credit there. ...but they won't slow us down more than we will slow them down.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would start for Sensy if he couldn't go... Butler or Silva?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

One of our fellow Cowboys posters, crisco0710 is coming to Hawaii so I'm gonna take him out to watch the game this weekend!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com
RECOMMEND8TWEET15COMMENTS47EMAILPRINT
IRVING -- The Cowboys have played just one game, and there were some surprisingly good performances from unheralded players such as Kevin Ogletree and Bruce Carter.

Each week, during the season, Iíll rank my top 10 players on the roster based on their performances this season.

1. Tony Romo: 307 yards passing and three TDs without much help from his offensive line

2. Anthony Spencer: For a dude who didnít get a sack, he turned in a dominating performance

3. DeMarcus Ware: He had two sacks and spent much of the night harassing Eli Manning

4. DeMarco Murray: 110 of his 130 yards came in the second half, and his electrifying 48-yard run was a huge momentum-killer for the Giants

5. Sean Lee: Recorded a team-high 10 tackles and his forced fumble, at the time, was huge

6. Kevin Ogletree: A career-high nine catches for 114 yards with two TDs and the game-clinching 3rd-down reception with less than two minutes remaining.

7. Brandon Carr: Pretty much did everything Rob Ryan and Jerry Jones expected from their high-priced free-agent acquisition

8. Dez Bryant: Ran a terrific route on his 38-yard grab late in the first half that set up the Cowboysí first TD

9. Jason Hatcher: Huge sack in the fourth quarter and strong against the run

10. Bruce Carter: Made the first start of his career and showed why he beat out Dan Connor.

Kind of surprised at the AS ranking. Anybody else notice him standing out like this?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com
RECOMMEND8TWEET15COMMENTS47EMAILPRINT
IRVING -- The Cowboys have played just one game, and there were some surprisingly good performances from unheralded players such as Kevin Ogletree and Bruce Carter.

Each week, during the season, Iíll rank my top 10 players on the roster based on their performances this season.

1. Tony Romo: 307 yards passing and three TDs without much help from his offensive line

2. Anthony Spencer: For a dude who didnít get a sack, he turned in a dominating performance

3. DeMarcus Ware: He had two sacks and spent much of the night harassing Eli Manning

4. DeMarco Murray: 110 of his 130 yards came in the second half, and his electrifying 48-yard run was a huge momentum-killer for the Giants

5. Sean Lee: Recorded a team-high 10 tackles and his forced fumble, at the time, was huge

6. Kevin Ogletree: A career-high nine catches for 114 yards with two TDs and the game-clinching 3rd-down reception with less than two minutes remaining.

7. Brandon Carr: Pretty much did everything Rob Ryan and Jerry Jones expected from their high-priced free-agent acquisition

8. Dez Bryant: Ran a terrific route on his 38-yard grab late in the first half that set up the Cowboysí first TD

9. Jason Hatcher: Huge sack in the fourth quarter and strong against the run

10. Bruce Carter: Made the first start of his career and showed why he beat out Dan Connor.

Kind of surprised at the AS ranking. Anybody else notice him standing out like this?
My brain is programmed not to pay attention to Spencer. So unless he single handedly makes a play, he fades away in the wash of players involved and is as invisible as a JAG.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I'm a known Spencer hater, but the guy played well week 1 so I'll give him his props. I certainly don't think it deserved "dominating" praise, but he proved again that he is consistent in setting the edge in the run game and actually forced a couple hurried throws from Eli... although in typical "Almost Anthony" fashion that's all they were, hurries.

It's going to be a tough decision on Spencer after the season, my gut says he doesn't deserve big money because he's not a big time playmaker... but as long as Ware is Ware, we can get away with having a lackluster pass rusher opposite him. We won't get the absolute most out of the defense, but it allows us to spend that 1st Rounder on a position of greater need like OL, DL or Safety.

IDK, I have mixed feelings on that one...
Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm a known Spencer hater, but the guy played well week 1 so I'll give him his props. I certainly don't think it deserved "dominating" praise, but he proved again that he is consistent in setting the edge in the run game and actually forced a couple hurried throws from Eli... although in typical "Almost Anthony" fashion that's all they were, hurries.

It's going to be a tough decision on Spencer after the season, my gut says he doesn't deserve big money because he's not a big time playmaker... but as long as Ware is Ware, we can get away with having a lackluster pass rusher opposite him. We won't get the absolute most out of the defense, but it allows us to spend that 1st Rounder on a position of greater need like OL, DL or Safety.

IDK, I have mixed feelings on that one...
Even without Spencer getting a new contract, there's no one I'd want in Round 1 unless Jarvis Jones fell somehow. Otherwise, I think Wilber should be given a shot at it. ...and Butler is cheap help too who can keep doing the same thing as a pass rush specialist.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Even without Spencer getting a new contract, there's no one I'd want in Round 1 unless Jarvis Jones fell somehow. Otherwise, I think Wilber should be given a shot at it. ...and Butler is cheap help too who can keep doing the same thing as a pass rush specialist.

I'm with you on Jarvis Jones, and it's obviously early but I'm a little intrigued by Jackson Jeffcoat. Barkevious Mingo's speed makes him tempting as well. Then again, I don't see us drafting anywhere near Jarvis Jones/Barkevious Mingo range.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
I'm with you on Jarvis Jones, and it's obviously early but I'm a little intrigued by Jackson Jeffcoat. Barkevious Mingo's speed makes him tempting as well. Then again, I don't see us drafting anywhere near Jarvis Jones/Barkevious Mingo range.
I'm a fan of Sam Montgomery. For us, I think he's a better fit than Mingo. Mingo is a little light for my liking... but he's got more hype, if you like to follow that.

But don't stress, we got this guy... we can use our 1st rounder elsewhere.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random tidbit; Tyron Smith got fined 15k for his horse collar tackle that saved the Giants TD. That stop by our defense was huge, and it really showed what our guys have on that side of the ball. Well worth 15k, those four points could have made a huge difference. Kudos Tyron, Kudos.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's interesting that Spencer got that kind of review. Maybe I wasn't looking for him, but I didn't notice Spencer at all in that game.

Ultimately, his job is to pressure the qb. I don't think he's shown enough to warrant an extension. I'd rather draft a guy opposite Ware and see if you can get more production from that position.