Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-10-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Bon Iver tonight!
Lucky ****, plus you have The Lumineers coming up soon, right? IDK what you're expectations are for either show, but even if you are holding them to high expectations, they may just be exceeded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Cloud Nothings, Eternal Summers, Julia Holter, The Antlers, and The Walkmen for sure.
Defintiely agree on Cloud Nothings, The Antlers, and The Walkmen, and each band you mentioned in your post, TMIB, are ones I'd see, but I can't say I know too many other of the artists' music, I recognized a few names on the list, but outside of those few bands, I'm not familiar with a lot of the artists, sounds like it'd be a sweet show to go to. Is it a good amount of local bands in it as well?

Edit: I know a girl who's musical opinion I generally respect who really likes Tennis, I can't give you my personal opinion on them, but I'd check them out a little bit beforehand at least and see if it'd be worth it. I have also heard Pujol mentioned a bit as something I might be interested in, but I haven't checked him out myself yet.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 09-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Head and the Heart are playing on Conan tonight, jsyk...

Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Lucky ****, plus you have The Lumineers coming up soon, right? IDK what you're expectations are for either show, but even if you are holding them to high expectations, they may just be exceeded

Defintiely agree on Cloud Nothings, The Antlers, and The Walkmen, and each band you mentioned in your post, TMIB, are ones I'd see, but I can't say I know too many other of the artists' music, I recognized a few names on the list, but outside of those few bands, I'm not familiar with a lot of the artists, sounds like it'd be a sweet show to go to. Is it a good amount of local bands in it as well?

Edit: I know a girl who's musical opinion I generally respect who really likes Tennis, I can't give you my personal opinion on them, but I'd check them out a little bit beforehand at least and see if it'd be worth it. I have also heard Pujol mentioned a bit as something I might be interested in, but I haven't checked him out myself yet.
There's a decent amount of local bands on the bill that I know of but ya most of the bands I've never heard of really. This festival is usually a good launching point for a lot of young up and comers. The list of past performers is quite impressive.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Ben Howard is ******* awesome.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya feel me?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bon Iver blew my god damned mind. I'm sure Gonzo can corroborate this, but that was quite possibly one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bon Iver blew my god damned mind. I'm sure Gonzo can corroborate this, but that was quite possibly one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Incredible. Loved the whole thing but Creature Fear and Wolves were my favorites. So happy I was able to go.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Incredible. Loved the whole thing but Creature Fear and Wolves were my favorites. So happy I was able to go.
I thought Blood Bank, Skinny Love and Wolves were probably the best, although the mega orchestral set at the end with all the purple lights and **** was also just ******* awesome.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to bore you gentlemen, but I must take this time to pay homage to this past Saturday night. So the story, a few friends and myself went to RiotFest at Williamsburg Waterfront. I was skeptical of going as the show bill was uninspiring with the exception of Hot Water Music and the Descendents, one of my all time favorite bands and one of the most beloved and seminal punk bands of all time. However, mostly due to the draw of Descendents, I was convinced to go after an entire day of drinking. We arrive at the Waterfront only to be greeted by an unsurprisingly modest crowd at what essentially is a large outdoor venue. Very meh to say the least. We arrive in time to drink a beer and watch The Bronx, this hardcore band from LA that was ultimately disappointing. As they finish, the entire crowd looks up to see the Chariots of Hell descend over the East River into Northern Brooklyn, of course with an accompanying tornado warning and promises of 60 mph winds. Of course, this guy comes on stage to cancel the concert and soon we're all out of the door when the rain starts. Torrential rain beats down on our backs as we try and seek cover in a bar, only to be turned down mostly because Williamsburg is chock full of douche bags, expecting cover charges at 5:30 pm just so a few lonely and desperate concert-goers can get out of the rain. Eventually we make it to a bowling alley to dry off. At the time, we get word from our buddy who was the drummer for Murphy's Law saying that Hot Water Music will be playing a free show at St. Vitus, a metal bar in Greenpoint. Being that St. Vitus is a sweet bar and figuring that we could salvage the night seeing a good band, we decide to go and trek 40 minutes to Greenpoint in the rain. Given that we had an inside scoop, we were one of the first few people there and the bar was relatively empty. Little did we know that we were about to hit with an absolute barrage of people as it was later announced that the Descendents were going to play the ******* bar too! Holy ******* ****! Seriously the best news ever. We were ready, drunk, and braced for the night to come. Soon enough hundreds of people show up. The bar has a maximum capacity of 200 people and there were at least 300 in the bar and apparently 500 outside trying to get in. Absolutely insane crowd for the bar, but still really small by Descendents standards. There were at least 3,000 people the last time I saw them play at Roseland Ballroom. I was about to see one of my favorite bands play a ******* basement show. Hot Water Music came on first and played a solid set, ending with a Bouncing Souls cover of True Believers. That's when it was the ******* time. Stood right next to Stephen Egerton as he struggled to get ready amidst the crowd. Soon the Descendents came on and sure enough the show was ******* amazing. I was in the pit the entire time ******* going nuts. Milo held the microphone up to me and I sang the last part of Suburban Home. My glasses got ******* trampled (Yes, it was stupid of me to wear them, but I absolutely was not expecting any of this). I'm even legally blind and I totally didn't give a ****, it was the craziest, most intimate show I've ever had the pleasure of seeing and absolutely one of the best nights of my life. The six of us left fulfilled, **** it, I'm still high from that night.

Me in the pit looking all nasty and sweaty. Couldn't tell ya:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nycviar...n/photostream/

Oh yeah, and I got to meet Milo Aukerman after the show! The man himself, your own Fischbowl and his broken eyewear:

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That does sound pretty good, but no fun during The Bronx = does not compute.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He and the band really to put on an awesome show. When I saw them play at Bonnaroo, it was my first experience where the concert itself seemed just as much of an event as a performance. That might be because of all the different members of the band, as well as the arrangement, but it has just as much to do with how they play. IDK what type of venue it was at, but Bon Iver filled a giant field in Tennessee, I'd imagine all of their performances have that epic, event type of feel to them. I'd probably be going to his show in Philly in a few days if I hadn't already seen him this summer or it was so freaking expensive. If it were a reasonable price (**** the Mann Center and ticketmaster) I'd probably see him again, one of my favorite shows I've ever seen.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post

Because Ben Howard is ******* awesome.
Music boner. ...and a boner boner.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

goddamn I love P.O.S.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just recently discovered Ulver. Damn good and interesting band.

Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know i usually just post ****** pop punk or bring awesomeness with Bouncing Souls or some NFG, but if you don't listen to Polar Bear Club, I implore that you do. they're just so good.

them and Transit have been taking over my ipod lately in plays
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I found my new favorite band today (at least up there). These guys are unreal with smooth, yet hard rock that is so groovy, as well as getting some serious blues in there. Every member of the band is a talent, and every one of their songs has something that someone on here will appreciate. Go ahead and give them a listen, I'm sure someone on here will really, really dig these guys.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I found my new favorite band today (at least up there). These guys are unreal with smooth, yet hard rock that is so groovy, as well as getting some serious blues in there. Every member of the band is a talent, and every one of their songs has something that someone on here will appreciate. Go ahead and give them a listen, I'm sure someone on here will really, really dig these guys.
Yea the Sheepdogs are great. I only have one album, Learn & Burn, but I've listened to it a ton this summer.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Sheepdogs are awesome. Can't believe you've never listened to them before EatingAllTheWaffles, they are right up your alley. Friend of mine met them after they played Ottawa last year, she said they were mega cool.
Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just bought my new found glory sticks and stones 10 year anniversary tickets. your arguments are all invalid
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sheepdogs are awesome. Can't believe you've never listened to them before EatingAllTheWaffles, they are right up your alley. Friend of mine met them after they played Ottawa last year, she said they were mega cool.
Yeah I found I must have really had my hipster blinders on when it came to these guys. Their new album came out this week, and I listened to it all day yesterday. Its a ******* masterpiece, . One of my friends also has Learn and Burn, Tim, and I'm going to borrow that from him and give it a listen as well. Apparently they got some notoriety for winning a cover contest for the Rolling Stone last year and that's how most people found out about them. But their self titled album is truly something else. I'm ordering their CD off of Amazon (probably) when I buy Babel, and that is going to be another epic album mailing I'll be getting this year.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i just bought my new found glory sticks and stones 10 year anniversary tickets. your arguments are all invalid
1. I am old.

2. Can I comes too? I had an absolute blast the last time I saw them. Which may have actually been the only time I've seen them.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
1. I am old.

2. Can I comes too? I had an absolute blast the last time I saw them. Which may have actually been the only time I've seen them.
do it. irving plaza. the 8th. the story so far opens for them and i love them too, it's gonna be great.

i haven't seen nfg since their self titled 10 year tour. which is actually pretty hilarious thinking about it
Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Haven't been to a show in at least a month, I don't think. Hopeful to see Ben Folds Five in early October, though.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Fisch, I would have been there, but I was down the shore for an annual trip with my high school friends. I was pretty upset that I missed it. How was Gogol Bordello?

oh and the video I posted by Larry and the Flask was recommended to me by someone who saw them there.

*edit: some more bluegrass

Last edited by TimD : 09-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.