Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-11-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats up with Ryan Williams?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

be more specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
#2 waiver spot for me - Non PPR

gonna try to grab CJ Spiller but if the #1 team claims him should I keep the #1 spot or use it on Alfred Morris

RB:D McFadden, J Charles, R Mathews, F. Jackson, P Hillis, R Williams

so I kinda need a 3rd RB for week 2(or until Mathews returns)
bumping that to the new page

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
1 point per reception.

Struggling with my flex spot.

Kevin Smith @ SF
Denarius Moore @ MIA
Michael Turner vs DEN
Brandon Lafell vs NO
Lafell. He has breakout candidate written all over him and that should be a shootout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
So with Fred Jackson out, I can replace him with either...Decker WR, Dwyer RB, or Pierre Thomas RB
Decker. Prime time game. Plus, he's the best option anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I was offered Kenny Britt for CJ Spiller, should I do it?

I love Spiller for the time being but I have a feeling once Jackson comes back he's going to be a fringe start at best again. Britt is definitely risky too though. Thoughts?
Chan (or another Bills coach) said it could be 3 weeks or 8 weeks or anywhere in between. I'd ride the potential of Spiller one more week. Britt is on a snap count so his value isn't likely to blow up. Spiller putting up another monster game could skyrocket.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck45 View Post
This time last week, this was a no brainer but now.....

Aaron Rodgers vs Chicago
Or
Peyton manning vs Atlanta

If only it were a 2 qb league :(
Rodgers. He doesn't sit. Peyton is not into a 300+ yard game form (yet?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I need advice! I will generously +rep ... who wins

PPR, bonuses for big plays/yardage totals, 16 teams

Team A gets:
Rob Gronkowski
Darrius Heyward-Bey

new lineup:

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Frank Gore
FLEX - Shonn Greene
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey / Alshon Jeffrey
TE - Rob Gronkowski
OP - Jake Locker

Team B gets:
Adrian Peterson
Vernon Davis

new lineup:

QB - Matt Schaub
RB - Marshawn Lynch
FLEX - Adrian Peterson
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Vernon Davis
OP - Torrey Smith
I'd rather have the lineup with Peterson and Davis, pre or post trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Pick 1:
Matt Ryan vs DEN
Jay Cutler @ GB

Pick 1:
Greg Jennings vs CHI
Kevin Ogletree @ SEA
Stephen Hill @ PIT
Randall Cobb vs CHI

+ rep for help
Tough call. Prime time game usually wins for me . . . but that's both games. lol
I'd lean Ryan in a very close call.

Jennings is he plays, Cobb if not. Ogletree and Hill had situation and fate on their side last week. Good adds, but they could both be solid goose eggs this week. Cobb is already looking like a borderline WR3 b/c the Pack seems to want to feed him.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
My receivers are stronger than my runners(I have Wells/Williams after all), so my plan would be to pick these guys up and stockpile my receiving core to perhaps trade my way to a better running back lineup. I actually changed my waivers, I am now trying to go for Hill via dropping Jared Cook(I have Hernandez starting), and trying to pick up Alfred Morris via dropping Wells.
I like that plan a whole lot better. Dropping two RBs when you're thin at RB is not the best move. Wells definitely seems to have the lesser value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
#2 waiver spot for me - Non PPR

gonna try to grab CJ Spiller but if the #1 team claims him should I keep the #1 spot or use it on Alfred Morris

RB:D McFadden, J Charles, R Mathews, F. Jackson, P Hillis, R Williams

so I kinda need a 3rd RB for week 2(or until Mathews returns)
The Shanny nonsense sucks but you can't leave Morris there for someone else. Hope he gets another start and solid game and sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Whats up with Ryan Williams?
I haven't really delved into that game much, but it sounds like there was no room for either back to do anything. Seattle DST is better than the FF rankings show. They were rock solid for the last 3rd of the season last year and showed up again to start. They basically choked the game away to Kolb, of all people, after shutting down the Cards all game.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realized I also have Jon Dwyer on the bench. With the recent news of him most likely getting the start against the Jets I think I'm going to roll with him over Lafell.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I realized I also have Jon Dwyer on the bench. With the recent news of him most likely getting the start against the Jets I think I'm going to roll with him over Lafell.
That's good news. I've been all over Dwyer the last few weeks and started him in one league (for lack of better options.) Every outlet was saying the same thing prior to the game - Dwyer looked like the best Steeler RB - but they went the sentimental route w/Redman.

I'll always lean RB if it's not PPR.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That's good news. I've been all over Dwyer the last few weeks and started him in one league (for lack of better options.) Every outlet was saying the same thing prior to the game - Dwyer looked like the best Steeler RB - but they went the sentimental route w/Redman.

I'll always lean RB if it's not PPR.
Yep, he looked great against the Broncos, would have had a lot more points too if a couple of his runs didn't get called back.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a .5 PPR league we start QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D/ST. I have:

QB: Brady, Romo, Eli
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, BJGE, Alfred Morris, Royster (will drop), McCluster (WR eligible also)
WR: Dez, Jordyz, Kendall Wright, Amendola, Mike Williams (and McCluster)
TE: Greg Olsen

Guy in my league is looking to upgrade at RB, where I have okay but not great depth. He offered Hernandez for Bradshaw. Leaning no, but David Wilson has me concerned long-term even if that fumble.

If not what do I counter with, if anything? I do like Hernandez a lot this year, particularly with the .5 PPR, and TE is a weak spot. My RB spot isn't too good but I can always try to move a QB for one since I have too much depth there, and I can roll the dice with Morris in the flex for the time being or roll with McCluster on byes who I like this year and has the benefit of positional flexibility.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
In a .5 PPR league we start QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, D/ST. I have:

QB: Brady, Romo, Eli
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, BJGE, Alfred Morris, Royster (will drop), McCluster (WR eligible also)
WR: Dez, Jordyz, Kendall Wright, Amendola, Mike Williams (and McCluster)
TE: Greg Olsen

Guy in my league is looking to upgrade at RB, where I have okay but not great depth. He offered Hernandez for Bradshaw. Leaning no, but David Wilson has me concerned long-term even if that fumble.

If not what do I counter with, if anything? I do like Hernandez a lot this year, particularly with the .5 PPR, and TE is a weak spot. My RB spot isn't too good but I can always try to move a QB for one since I have too much depth there, and I can roll the dice with Morris in the flex for the time being or roll with McCluster on byes who I like this year and has the benefit of positional flexibility.
BJGE takes a hit in even .5 ppr. I wouldn't part ways with Bradshaw. He won't lose touches unless he gets hurt, imo. Coughlin is old school and Bradshaw is a good at everything and doesn't go down easy. A trade like that can be done a little farther down the line. After, say, taking a flier on Pitta and giving that a chance? Olsen had a nice game, too. I just see TE as a much easier position to fill via wire +/- trade.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying or Selling?

Cam Newton
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Wes Welker
Trent Richardson
Vincent Jackson
Randy Moss
Jermichael Finley
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Buying or Selling?

Cam Newton
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Wes Welker
Trent Richardson
Vincent Jackson
Randy Moss
Jermichael Finley
Depends on the cost, I suppose. Probably depends on what you're buying them to be, too.

In general: buying the QBs, Jackson and Finley b/c the Packers O runs through Rodgers (rather than because Finley is the great, uberhyped TE everyone convinces themselves he is.)
Richardson was way too expensive for a kid who never took and NFL handoff AND was busted to start the season AND will face 8+ in the box at all times.
Welker is a PPR god but he will be the big loser with both TEs healthy and Lloyd in the mix.
Moss is old, slow and in a conservative offense.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Buying or Selling?

Cam Newton
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Wes Welker
Trent Richardson
Vincent Jackson
Randy Moss
Jermichael Finley
Sell
Buy
Buy
Buy
Sell
Buy
Sell
Sell

That is if you're asking whether we're buying or selling them being good this year.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.5 PPR league. Who wins either of these trades?

Gronk, Torrey Smith, Fred Jackson for Mathews, Wallace
Hernandez, Torrey Smith, Fred Jackson for Mathews, Maclin
Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
.5 PPR league. Who wins either of these trades?

Gronk, Torrey Smith, Fred Jackson for Mathews, Wallace
Hernandez, Torrey Smith, Fred Jackson for Mathews, Maclin
In both cases, I'd say the guy buying low on Fred using a broken Mathews. Even if he does return this week, Mathews is just too fragile for me to trust him.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Sell
Buy
Buy
Buy
Sell
Buy
Sell
Sell

That is if you're asking whether we're buying or selling them being good this year.
WHY Would you sell Trent Richardson?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetical question for you guys. What kind of package could I expect back for Calvin Johnson? I'm strong at WR but weaker at HB so looking to kill 2 birds with one stone and replace him with a lesser WR but upgrade my HB spot.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Hypothetical question for you guys. What kind of package could I expect back for Calvin Johnson? I'm strong at WR but weaker at HB so looking to kill 2 birds with one stone and replace him with a lesser WR but upgrade my HB spot.
Who are your RBs?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush, Mendenhall, Ingram, Jennings, Redman

Counted on MJD having a CJ2k-esque season and Ingram to be an actual HB. Neither are working so far.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Why would you want any part of the Browns after that game on Sunday?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Why would you want any part of the Browns after that game on Sunday?
So are you saying people should sell any players on bad teams?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's got no blocking and no QB, teams are gonna stack the box against the brownies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So are you saying people should sell any players on bad teams?

I'm saying that I don't think anyone is going to have a fantasy starter worthy year for the Browns.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's got no blocking and no QB, teams are gonna stack the box against the brownies
**** dawg, that don't stop Trent Richardson.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Their O-Line looks awful and unless they make a trade, they'll never have a WR or TE to keep teams honest. If he stays healthy, I think he might still magically get to 1,000 yards, but it probably won't equate to anything fantasy relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
You should easily be able to get a high-end RB2 and WR3 for him.