Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.17%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 32.13%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.54%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.88%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 32 8.23%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 78 20.05%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told you guys when it came to Sanchez. I was NOT kidding when I said both Wayne Hunter AND Brian Schottenheimer were like parasites to the Jets offense and just destroyed them from within. The hate Sanchez got was ridiculous. I know its one game and all but hopefully now Sanchez will not be the butt of all jokes and can actually get some kind of respect as a QB.

You give Sanchez, like most QBs.....some ACTUAL time to throw the ball and he goes onto have a great game. Sparano HAD THE BALLS to call stuff like a flea flicker and throws past 20 yards. Schottenheimer was a bonified clown who had zero understanding of working mismatches vs defenses.

Sanchez had an awesome day. Again maybe its the Bills defense making the Jets look good but since everyone had the Bills being a playoff contender, I'd like to think Sanchez really brought it today.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I told you guys when it came to Sanchez. I was NOT kidding when I said both Wayne Hunter AND Brian Schottenheimer were like parasites to the Jets offense and just destroyed them from within. The hate Sanchez got was ridiculous. I know its one game and all but hopefully now Sanchez will not be the butt of all jokes and can actually get some kind of respect as a QB.

You give Sanchez, like most QBs.....some ACTUAL time to throw the ball and he goes onto have a great game. Sparano HAD THE BALLS to call stuff like a flea flicker and throws past 20 yards. Schottenheimer was a bonified clown who had zero understanding of working mismatches vs defenses.

Sanchez had an awesome day. Again maybe its the Bills defense making the Jets look good but since everyone had the Bills being a playoff contender, I'd like to think Sanchez really brought it today.
It's been one game, take a deep breath.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'd normally agree but the dude was left for dead heading into the game and he really shined.

Now who knows what he will do from this point on but I think Sanchez is far better than what most of this board says he is.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Bradford needs to take that next step.
Never gonna happen with the WR's and OL he has.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Stafford
2. Ryan
3. Flacco
4. Freeman
5. Sanchez
6. Bradford
ah yes, 2010 was a good year.

We're talking 2012 though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
ah yes, 2010 was a good year.

We're talking 2012 though.
Looked pretty good to me today. It's close between him and Sanchez.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Quote:
Sanchez postseason success has to give him the edge IMO. I know that's not Freeman's fault but you can only reward Sanchez for coming up big and having a 4-2 road playoff record.

Flacco and Sanchez are close though I'll give Flacco the slight edge at the moment right now. He does have a year ahead of Mark in NFL experience though.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
? I'll admit I didn't see the game but stats and boxscore show a very conservative game today.

maybe it's cause you're exposed more to him because he's in the same division but 138 yards and 1 td isn't something that jumps out to me.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Against the Bills no less
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
? I'll admit I didn't see the game but stats and boxscore show a very conservative game today.

maybe it's cause you're exposed more to him because he's in the same division but 138 yards and 1 td isn't something that jumps out to me.

It was completely conservative and mostly play action. 10/16 passes were to FB/TE/RB. That's against a secondary with Captain Munnerlyn and rookie Josh Norman from Coastal Carolina.

He played with poise but he was in game manager mode.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco looked really good last night...the Ravens really opened up their offense. Flacco to Torry Smith is going to be a fun combo to watch this year.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I always maintained that this was Sanchez's year to prove himself and if he didn't improve then we'd should draft a qb this year.

I know it's been one game but so far so good.

If he can keep this up (not literally because that would put him in MVP range) but if he can maintain a consistency of solid good play, then I don't think theres anyway we draft a qb round 1 or even 2.

What we need though is a stud RB. I don't like any of the ones coming out this year. I guess we can wait for Yeldon to be eligible but I rather wait to see how Trent Richardson turns out to decide whether or not to stay away from Alabama rbs.

EDIT: Also, he's never thrown over 60% completion. That's something that definitely needs to happen this year.

Last edited by soybean : 09-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
It was completely conservative and mostly play action. 10/16 passes were to FB/TE/RB. That's against a secondary with Captain Munnerlyn and rookie Josh Norman from Coastal Carolina.

He played with poise but he was in game manager mode.
Agreed, but that was the gameplan: Zero mistakes, control the clock and keep the ball out of Cam Newton's hands.

I thought Freeman could have performed better in the second half, but he played well enough to help the team win. At the end of the day, that's all I really care about.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Agreed, but that was the gameplan: Zero mistakes, control the clock and keep the ball out of Cam Newton's hands.

I thought Freeman could have performed better in the second half, but he played well enough to help the team win. At the end of the day, that's all I really care about.
Perhaps that is all Freeman is going to be...a game manager...
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Perhaps that is all Freeman is going to be...a game manager...
If you're right, that's par for the course for the Bucs... We've never had a franchise quarterback, but that didn't stop the team from competing in the late '90s and winning a Super Bowl in 2002.

The lack of an elite quarterback didn't keep the Bears from making it to the 2006 Super Bowl, it didn't keep the Niners from making it to the NFC Championship Game last season and the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, the only quarterback to ever be released by his team following a Super Bowl victory.

A great quarterback certainly makes winning easier, but it can be done without one.

I will say, though, that Freeman's 2010 season shows that he has the talent to be an elite player. Whether or not he can rediscover that success remains to be seen, but a 25:6 TD to INT ratio doesn't happen by accident.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you're right, that's par for the course for the Bucs... We've never had a franchise quarterback, but that didn't stop the team from competing in the late '90s and winning a Super Bowl in 2002.

The lack of an elite quarterback didn't keep the Bears from making it to the 2006 Super Bowl, it didn't keep the Niners from making it to the NFC Championship Game last season and the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, the only quarterback to ever be released by his team following a Super Bowl victory.

A great quarterback certainly makes winning easier, but it can be done without one.

I will say, though, that Freeman's 2010 season shows that he has the talent to be an elite player. Whether or not he can rediscover that success remains to be seen, but a 25:6 TD to INT ratio doesn't happen by accident.
Freeman definitely has the potential to be a whole lot more than just a game manager. This board might not have a ton of Freeman believers, but his talent is definitely there.

He just hasn't matched his talent in production yet, and a large part of that is a a fairly weak team around him.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Freeman definitely has the potential to be a whole lot more than just a game manager. This board might not have a ton of Freeman believers, but his talent is definitely there.

He just hasn't matched his talent in production yet, and a large part of that is a a fairly weak team around him.
that's a myth.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford still looks like he's going to be really good, he just has no weapons and he sometimes holds onto the ball a bit to long. If I were to rank them now, and it's been a bit since I did it last, I think it would be.....

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
3. Bradford
4. Flacco
5. Freeman
6. Sanchez
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
that's a myth.
Please explain.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Bradford still looks like he's going to be really good, he just has no weapons and he sometimes holds onto the ball a bit to long. If I were to rank them now, and it's been a bit since I did it last, I think it would be.....

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
3. Bradford
4. Flacco
5. Freeman
6. Sanchez
Absolutely no way Bradford is 3 at this point.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
3. Bradford
4. Flacco
5. Freeman
6. Sanchez
Ranking them right now, Bradford is last and it's really not all that close. As inconsistent as Sanchez and Freeman have been, Bradford wishes his statline looked like theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just can't see a reasoning that puts Flacco below Bradford, especially considering this past week.

At this point I'd be happy with Stafford, Ryan, & Flacco; and look to evaluate the future with Bradford, Sanchez, and Freeman after the season. They aren't bad players and aren't done developing but they haven't lit the world on fire recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 09-11-2012 at 11:40 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't realize we were just going by statline. In that case shouldn't Flacco be #1? I mean he plays on the best team.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Please explain.
had a legit number 1, mike williams, decent other wrs, had a decent TE, winslow, a good running game and a good defense. What more is there to explain. Other qbs have gotten it done with far less.

now if you want to blame raheem morris, then maybe I'll understand.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't realize we were just going by statline. In that case shouldn't Flacco be #1? I mean he plays on the best team.
yeah, instead let's rank them based on team bias. That's a much better way to evaluate qbs.

or let's rank them based on how bad their team is, because the player with the worst team is obviously the best qb because imagine if he was on a better team!