Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of Landry Jones at all. Not at all. I'd take Manuel 10 times out of 10.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will go neither, please. Is that an option Scott?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel is bigger, stronger, faster, and has played in a system NFL teams love. This isn't even a debate.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Manuel is bigger, stronger, faster, and has played in a system NFL teams love. This isn't even a debate.
and has proven ... absolutely nothing. EJ still riding the hype train
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ is by no means an NFL QB at this stage, he is just not a good passer.

He can throw the ball, but possess no timing ability and is woefully inaccurate. He and Tebow are the biggest reasons why you can't trust completion %. FSU rarely lets him throw in the middle of the field, most if his throws are corner routes or bubble screens. And he routinely throws it behind and at guys feet. The number of huge plays that we could have if he would hit guys in stride that end up being nothing really frustrate me. He lofts every ball, even against terrible teams he tries to guide the ball in. He would get pick 6'ed so much in the NFL with that crap. His pocket awareness is pretty poor too, he tries to spin out of the rush all the time, usually just losing more yardage.

That said, he's an above average college QB because he's big and athletic, and is a leader. He can look average all game and then lead a game winning drive, extending plays with his athleticism and ability to shake tacklers. But his flaws are definitely covered up in our offense with alot of short throws to an insanely deep WR corps.

And even still I have other opinions about him, as FSU's o-line has been poor during his career, and maybe Jimbo puts too much pressure on him with the types of throws he can make. He could be a great passer if he would just be let loose, but I tend to doubt it. Thats why sometimes I wish we would just go 5 Wide and let him sling the ball around.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
and has proven ... absolutely nothing. EJ still riding the hype train
3-0 in bowl games proves nothing I guess. Leading a team from 14-0 in a bowl game with a broken fibula proves nothing either.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

homer pick, but neither and go with geno smith over both

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I noticed with EJ is while he throws he generates no torque from his core and the ball comes out with no snap/zip. It kinda pisses me off a lot.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
One thing I noticed with EJ is while he throws he generates no torque from his core and the ball comes out with no snap/zip. It kinda pisses me off a lot.
This was worked on extensively with a private QB coach in the offseason.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I hope I see it soon, has not seen much of it this season
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I hope I see it soon, has not seen much of it this season
TD pass to Greg Dent had some zip on it.

He has improved dramatically in taking care of the ball.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am eager to see both Jones and Manuel go up against quality competition instead of the early season cupcakes. I am hoping Wake pulls an upset of FSU once again this weekend!!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
TD pass to Greg Dent had some zip on it.

He has improved dramatically in taking care of the ball.
No need to be a homer, he hasn't proved that he's improved anything this year. We've played horrible teams and he's played about 3 quarters.

He has the arm strength, but tries to hard to loft balls in spaces instead of just firing them. He made atleast 2 throws against Murray St that should have been picked off. Unfortunately EJ is what he is at this point. Luckily he's a good all around athlete and leader.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure myself how either is better than Wilson or Smith, much less Ryan Nassib, who I would also put over Manual and Jones myself. I dont think either has the mental capabilities right now to be in the top three, but if I have to put one over the other right now its Jones who I think is more accurate and has better "arm talent". Would love to have seen Manual play a real team this year, to see if his off-season work has paid off, because I could easily be swayed his way on this. Tough call when differentiating the two right now.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Private QB coach? Is that allowed in NCAA?

Anyways, I honestly wouldn't take either one. Neither have shown me that they would be anything more than a somewhat competent college quarterback.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Private QB coach? Is that allowed in NCAA?

Anyways, I honestly wouldn't take either one. Neither have shown me that they would be anything more than a somewhat competent college quarterback.
It was done pretty publicly, so I can't imagine there is a rule against it. Since the Maryland game in 2011 Manuel hasn't thrown an INT that was his fault and has taken care of the football. Against a good Notre Dame defense he tore them apart in the second half of the bowl game. Like Ponder before him he will be a first round pick.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most QB's who want to be in the NFL go to these guys in the offseason.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

E.J. Manuel in the first round? Righttttttttttttttt

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Being "mobile" also leads you to being exposed to more hits. NFL offenses are more or less geared to delivering the ball to your play makers in space. There are so many more important traits than mobility when it comes to being a QB: intelligence, arm accuracy, arm strength, pocket awareness, ability to move within the pocket while keeping your eyes down field and then I would put mobility in their. All QBs have at the very least functional mobility anyway. It is a nice trait to have but not one completely necessary and like I said people get boner's about QB 40 times which are more useful in video games than real games.

I would take Andrew Luck as the prime example - the thing that really sticks out with him is how he moves around in the pocket - stands tall and delivers the ball downfield - not his 4.6 40 time which is nice for sure but not vital.
Funnily enough I don't think Luck runs enough. I caught his game last week - time and again he could have taken off for a 5/6/7 yard gain when nothing was on. Instead he tried to throw into tight coverage.

As for the actual thread - Landry, but honestly I wouldn't want either.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big matchups this week for both of these players. Great head to head QB matchups - Manuel vs Boyd and Jones vs Klein.

I am hoping Klein has a big game - He has potential to shoot up draft boards much like Griffin and Newton have done the past two seasons. He has refined his mechanics and improved in the passing game - if he can put together a strong season passing the ball I think he will jump from a late round pick to a 2nd-3rd rounder and get a bump in the Heisman race.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more film I watch on geno smith the more I want to bump him up to the top qb prospect in 2013.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Big matchups this week for both of these players. Great head to head QB matchups - Manuel vs Boyd and Jones vs Klein.

I am hoping Klein has a big game - He has potential to shoot up draft boards much like Griffin and Newton have done the past two seasons. He has refined his mechanics and improved in the passing game - if he can put together a strong season passing the ball I think he will jump from a late round pick to a 2nd-3rd rounder and get a bump in the Heisman race.
I agree, I mentioned that in the offseason and it basically got laughed off but he has some serious potential if he is developed correctly.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I agree, I mentioned that in the offseason and it basically got laughed off but he has some serious potential if he is developed correctly.
I do not know why he is not being talked about more to be honest. He is a really underrated prospect. He is a big strong athletic QB - granted he is raw and learning the nuances of the passing game but if he makes a really noticeable jump teams will have to take notice. He dedicated his offseason to improving his mechanics. KSU does not throw the ball much but I think some team is going to see a kid who has a good head on his shoulders, athletic and is a well respected team leader. He is also like 6'5 230 and will prob run in the 4.6 range.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do not know why he is not being talked about more to be honest. He is a really underrated prospect. He is a big strong athletic QB - granted he is raw and learning the nuances of the passing game but if he makes a really noticeable jump teams will have to take notice. He dedicated his offseason to improving his mechanics. KSU does not throw the ball much but I think some team is going to see a kid who has a good head on his shoulders, athletic and is a well respected team leader. He is also like 6'5 230 and will prob run in the 4.6 range.
Knock will always be that he is more apt to tuck and run after his initial reads rather then letting his routes develop down field. Also the read option K-State runs isn't heavy on getting the recievers vertical, so he doesn't get the chance to wing the ball down the field like RGIII and Cam did.

I think he is a much better prospect the Tebow for sure and actually has a chance to be a decent starter down the road.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel's breakout game?