Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I wouldn't, Fleener > Olsen & Gresham for me
I agree, but have to start 2. The league is only 8 people, so to make it harder, its:

2 qb
4 wr
3 rb
2 te
1 flex

Is Gresham or Olson enough of an upgrade over Keller to sacrifice Cobb's upside on my bench?
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Would I be crazy to bench Stafford in favor of Cutler?
Hot QB facing a terrible DST in a prime time matchup
vs.
Stuggling QB facing the league's best DST

You'd be crazy not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
just made this trade!

I get: Adrian Peterson, Vernon Davis
He gets: Rob Gronkowski, Darrius-Heyward-Bey, Jonathan Dwyer

new lineup:
QB - Matt Schaub
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - Vernon Davis
OP - Torrey Smith
Love it. I'd take the downgrade at TE all day for All Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
that trade is poop!

also, Torrey Smith vs PHI or Brandon LaFell vs NO ... PPR, 1 pt. bonus for long TD's
Tough call. Smith is the better option but faces a much tougher opponent. Pretty similar chances for the big play bonus, but I'd go with the #1 guy and hope that Eagles/Ravens game is a high scoring affair. I also think Cincy has one of the better CB units in the league and that was a big factor in Pitta's big game and Torrey's lesser role.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
I agree, but have to start 2. The league is only 8 people, so to make it harder, its:

2 qb
4 wr
3 rb
2 te
1 flex

Is Gresham or Olson enough of an upgrade over Keller to sacrifice Cobb's upside on my bench?
I'm not a big fan of making trades for TEs this early in the season. If guys like Pitta / Dickson / Celek are on the wire they are likely to be useful players and negate the lost value of sending Cobb for Gresham / Olsen, who I see as similar values. Obviously, if you have to drop Cobb to add one of them then you may as well trade for the TE of your choice. If you have some other fodder you can drop, I'd rather have Cobb + WW TE than Olsen or Gresham and no Cobb.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

non ppr:

who should i start at WR this week? I have Dwayne Bowe, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Malcolm Floyd and Alshon Jeffrey to choose from.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
non ppr:

who should i start at WR this week? I have Dwayne Bowe, Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Malcolm Floyd and Alshon Jeffrey to choose from.
Somewhat difficult choice between Bowe and Austin thanks to the abysmal performance by the Bills D last week. Still, becasue Bowe hasn't proven he is the top target for the Chiefs, Austin is the better play.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Pick one for my WR3 spot in a bonus point league:

+5 bonus for 100 yards receiving.
+5 bonus for 6 or more receptions.
+5 bonus for each TD of 40 yards or more.

Desean Jackson vs. Baltimore
Dewayne Bowe @ Buffalo
Alshon Jeffery @ Green Bay (note: I will be starting Marshall.)

Reposting this b/c all you a-holes ignored me.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta be Bowe. Jackson has a bad matchup and don't trust Jeffrey yet to start.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte tonight vs the Pack or wait for Ridley vs Cards, i hate having players on thurs nights
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about trading Megatron, this is my current lineup.

Qb. Ryan/Flacco
HB. Reggie/Ingram/Jennings/Mendenhall/Redman
WR. Megatron/Jordy/Boldin/Titus/Lafell
TE. Gronk/Fleener

The guy that wants him has

HB. McCoy/SJax/Doug Martin/Tate
WR. Harvin/Roddy/Maclin/Cobb/DHB/mike Williams Tampa/Ogletree

What kind of offer should I think about? Martin and Maclin?

Oh and no PPR

Who Dat Nation!

Last edited by saintsfan912 : 09-13-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Forte tonight vs the Pack or wait for Ridley vs Cards, i hate having players on thurs nights
I'd go Forte.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Dewayne Bowe @ Buffalo

Amateur opinion, but I would go with Bowe. Marshall could put up bonus numbers, but I don't think Jeffery will, not yet. I guess it depends on how much you trust Mike Vick versus that Ravens defense, but I can't see Jackson going off in that game. Bowe's situation isn't ideal either, but he is going up against Buffalo's D.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need some help with this trade offer.

Alfred Morris
Kenny Britt

for

Brandon Lloyd

I have Brandon Lloyd and this is a non ppr league. My running backs are currently Peterson, Green-Ellis, Ingram, and Redman. So I need RB but Idk if i should trust Morris. My WRs are Roddy White, Antonio Brown, Brandon Llyod, Titus Young, and Ogletree.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Also its a 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, 2 W/R/T league

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 09-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

Alfred Morris
Kenny Britt

for

Brandon Lloyd

I have Brandon Lloyd and this is a non ppr league. My running backs are currently Peterson, Green-Ellis, Ingram, and Redman. So I need RB but Idk if i should trust Morris. My WRs are Roddy White, Antonio Brown, Brandon Llyod, Titus Young, and Ogletree.

I'd do it. Britt will be a fine replacement for Lloyd, except for this week, since they're not playing him heavy right away. And Morris might not be the starter by the end of the season, but he's their top back now, so just ride it until it lasts.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Who else do you have that prevents you from starting both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Thinking about trading Megatron, this is my current lineup.

Qb. Ryan/Flacco
HB. Reggie/Ingram/Jennings/Mendenhall/Redman
WR. Megatron/Jordy/Boldin/Titus/Lafell
TE. Gronk/Fleener

The guy that wants him has

HB. McCoy/SJax/Doug Martin/Tate
WR. Harvin/Roddy/Maclin/Cobb/DHB/mike Williams Tampa/Ogletree

What kind of offer should I think about? Martin and Maclin?

Oh and no PPR
A combination of Jackson/Martin + Maclin/Harvin would be nice. Either RB is a vast improvement and either WR is a nice replacement. Roddy wouldn't be bad, either. Have you considered shopping Flacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

Alfred Morris
Kenny Britt

for

Brandon Lloyd

Crazy high risk / reward deal. *IF* Morris sticks as the #1 RB in Washington and *IF* Britt gets back to pre knee injury form you would reap great rewards from this trade. I think you have the depth to get away with it. Ingram could still be a nice asset down the stretch.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dewayne Bowe @ Buffalo

I think you gotta go Bowe.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Amateur opinion, but I would go with Bowe. Marshall could put up bonus numbers, but I don't think Jeffery will, not yet. I guess it depends on how much you trust Mike Vick versus that Ravens defense, but I can't see Jackson going off in that game. Bowe's situation isn't ideal either, but he is going up against Buffalo's D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Gotta be Bowe. Jackson has a bad matchup and don't trust Jeffrey yet to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I think you gotta go Bowe.
Bowe was my pick, too. Hopefully he steps it up and/or Britt returns to form. Marshall / Wayne and a whole slew of potential at WR3 w/Desean, Dwayne, Alshon and Kenny.

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

A guy in one of my leagues has a roster that includes Bowe, M.Bush, Weeden and Best (not sure why.)

I emailed him to suggest he change his team name but he didn't.

Best Weeden Bush under Dwayne Bowe.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God this sucks so bad...

Rashad Jennings or Ronnie Brown.......?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who else do you have that prevents you from starting both?
I also have Charles, like him vs the Bills
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
God this sucks so bad...

Brown. Jennings might not even play, and MJD is going to be the lead back anyway.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bowe was my pick, too. Hopefully he steps it up and/or Britt returns to form. Marshall / Wayne and a whole slew of potential at WR3 w/Desean, Dwayne, Alshon and Kenny.

Thanks!
Judging by his first game, I think with more experience towards the end of the season Alshon will be a real value.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God this sucks so bad...

Gross.

Brown I guess. Jennings is probably droppable unless you have MJD.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
God this sucks so bad...

Definitely Brown. Jennings is out 2 weeks, though I guess it's technically unofficial still.

Quote:
I also have Charles, like him vs the Bills
Gotcha. Sitting Forte is a bad idea against a bad D. Sitting Ridley seems like a bad idea with the Cards coming East for a 1pm start. Of course, sitting Charles after the Bills made Shonn Greene look like a viable NFL RB is a mistake, too. When that's the case, you go with your studs. Forte & Charles. You drafted them early for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Judging by his first game, I think with more experience towards the end of the season Alshon will be a real value.
I agree. It's a keeper league, too. Not sure he supplants my current keeper crop of McFadden / Gronkowski / Newton, but he looks like a very promising asset.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Gross.

Brown I guess. Jennings is probably droppable unless you have MJD.
Both might be, tbh. Brinkley might be the better SD RB to own until Mathews returns.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my other league.

Matt Ryan vs Denver

Or

Matt Schaub vs Jax?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote