Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Terrell Thomas had a 3rd ACL surgery today.
Poor guy. I know he's done with football but at this point his knees will probably be ruined his entire life. That sucks.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I disagree. I think it system specific. I am only talking about our system. I could careless about the other systems and their spread like nature. All I know is that we NEED OL. It's perfectly rated for us, or under rated in our system. We have been spoiled with a god like OL for a lot of Coughlin's tenure.

Perhaps some of you remember the S.. Show of a OL that took place with Fasshole's tenure, specifically that 4-12 season that led us to draft very early due.

We need an excellent OL. And I will tell you why. IN our system, specifically the passing system, we run 5 and 7 passing concepts where the QB and skill player need to be on the same page. That takes.. you guessed it! TIME! We need Eli to get his time so he can get an accurate post snap read. If he rushed, and throws the ball, then he that's a very risky thing because now you he is hoping, no.. praying the skill player is where he is. That can lead to ints and god knows what else.

But wait! Coughlin has this boner for balance! So now we have to be able to run the ball and be able to do things like kill a whole quarter if we have the lead, because the old man and Gilbride feel like it's against their religion to pound a team on the scoreboard. Also, we want our OL to be versatile too! Christ why not have them grow wings and fly too while we are at it. So now the OL have to be able to learn and play other positions just in case we need to play musical OL. I am still now done though! We now need that OL to be mobile and move around so that we can run very concepts like Toss, power, G, and Power G with a counter step by the RB.

We need our OL to be elite or god like. To tell you the truth if Coughlin had his way and if we were successful running the ball, I think he would run all day and screw the pass. You see him trying to do that at the goal line! Sorry old man, our OL isn't like it used to so, you better be able to have Eli throw in the red zone and 50 times a game if need be!

So within our framework of our system, OL isn't over rated at all! Not in the least bit! We need our OL to be that much better just to run our offense.
We had the worst OL in the league last year and won the SB. OL is overrated.

I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade, but or formula for success is well documented.

I want a db or de in round 1 unless an OL talent on the board blows me away.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We had the worst OL in the league last year and won the SB. OL is overrated.

I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade, but or formula for success is well documented.

I want a db or de in round 1 unless an OL talent on the board blows me away.
Yeah we did, but winning the super bowl has nothing to do with our OL, but more with Eli evading the rush. And when he couldn't he got sacked. It was that simple. Eli was the most pressured QB, and yet we didn't lead the league in sacks. Eli gets rid of the ball or evades the incoming pass rush.

The formula of success was build in the EA era with Reese has the director college scouting. We drafted Snee and D.D., and signed everyone else. Like you said with money getting low, it's not like we can catch lightning in a bottle again and sign guys who can be near pro bowl level guys in O'hara and Rich S. We also signed K. M at RT too. So I am not relying on that method.

We need to build from within. Someone on BBI was in awe of the niners OL. I said well they better be good because they invested 3 first rounders in their OL. I like how the Steelers do that too. If Ben didn't hold the ball for hours they would be better than they are.

We need to invest in our OL. It's that simple, either spend the money, or draft. I want that done in the first round.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's a shame TT's knees like exploded because now CB is a need again. If not for that, we could really focus heavily on OL and DE early in next years draft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if Prince winds up being a bust, then we're really screwed. I have a bad feeling about Webster this year too. I feel like age is gonna hit him this year.

CB is our biggest need on defense right now.

WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED JIMMY SMITH!!! :(

We'd be set.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope when Coughlin & Co. were studying Schiano that they noticed Logan Ryan this week!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey giants fans,

Here's to hoping we see a good game. As a buc fan I hope the bucs pull this one out and start 2-0

However realistically I think the giants win this one. I think te bucs bring their A game but some inexperienced play calls show up with our rookie defensive leaders show up. Offensively containing JPP Tuck and Osi will be difficult. They'll look to dominate trueblood and Larsen all day.

Predictions: 24-17 giants.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope when Coughlin & Co. were studying Schiano that they noticed Logan Ryan this week!!
lock. down. corner.

and khaseem, Boley's eventual replacement. Our future LB corps will be Williams-Herz-Khaseem

yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to go get some napkins.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Poor guy. I know he's done with football but at this point his knees will probably be ruined his entire life. That sucks.
He should just not get the surgery at this point and retire.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He should just not get the surgery at this point and retire.
He already had it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He already had it.
He's fooling himself.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He's fooling himself.
Hixon and Davis. You know these guys are so competitive they think they can always play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Uggh Rivers is doubtful for Sunday. I guess he won't stay healthy here either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Prince and Nicks questionable. Ojomo out. Everyone else probable or playing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on a few TB Bucs message boards reading. And I think they are hoping for the beast. They think we are beatable, which we 100% are. They feel Barber and Wright can contain Cruz and Nicks. Obviously they are worried about Freeman and our DL attacking him. They are concerned about Trueblood and Larsen, I think his name is.

It's interesting but a lot think Eli can throw 2-3 INTs and they are very much in it. One guy called him an Int machine. So I think they expect 2005 Eli to be a contributing factor in helping them win.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My concern is Nicks is not healthy and quite frankly, ineffective right now. We have no 3rd WR threat emerging, which just allows defenses to lock into Cruz and take him away, and play press on the outside and contain our outside WRs. So Eli has no where to throw.

Plus our run game sucks. So when you take all of that into account, Eli is in trouble.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My concern is Nicks is not healthy and quite frankly, ineffective right now. We have no 3rd WR threat emerging, which just allows defenses to lock into Cruz and take him away, and play press on the outside and contain our outside WRs. So Eli has no where to throw.

Plus our run game sucks. So when you take all of that into account, Eli is in trouble.
Well we have WRs, if we are developing them correctly, then this should not be as much as an issue. Hixon is the invisible one out there. Except for that big gain, he was invisible out there.

If Nicks can't go, put Hixon at X, R.R. or Barden at Z, and keep Cruz at H/F.

We still have JJ as well for 4 wide sets. We can bring in Wilson and see what he can do in the passing game too.

It may not be the most confidence instilling idea, but these guys made the team, so use them. See what they can do, and trust that we kept them for a reason. If they stink, then next year they don't make the team.

Next man up, if Nicks can't go.

And if we can't run the ball, I'd like if we stop the balance non sense and throw the ball. If we insist on balance, than play aggressively in the red zone. Put the ball in Eli's hands and let him make a play for once. Let's not run the damn ball twice in a row, when prior to that we did nothing in establishing the run.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly dont get why we never run 4 wr sets with either 1 RB or 1 TE. We're not a WCO, but we need to have something like that so defenses can't double nicks and cruz

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB won't be a need with Hosley locking down 2/3 of the field. Be at ease.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Eric LeGrand will be doing the coin toss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/s...oss/57770524/1
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you are all ready for Freesus! :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Trueblood is inactive, some guy who never played I think is starting at RT! LOL. Osi and JPP have to take adv. of that situation.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Trueblood is inactive, some guy who never played I think is starting at RT! LOL. Osi and JPP have to take adv. of that situation.
If you ask Bucs fans most of them would rather Dotson start... Trust me. Trueblood is worse in pass protection than Dotson. Dotson has played before btw.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I do not know what to expect on either side of the ball this game. We did a very good job of containing Murray except for 2 runs. And on offense we didn't look good at all. That was the opposite of what i thought would happen against dallas, so...on to tampa.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote