Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I'd go Morris to stay on the safe side.

Pick 2 PPR

Marques Colston @ CAR

Torrey Smith @ PHI

Erick Decker @ ATL

Dwayne Bowe vs. KC

(Keep in mind I also have Jimmy Graham and Jamaal Charles, I don't think starting two players from the same teams is the greatest of ideas.)

Pick 1 PPR

Donald Brown vs. MIN

Willis McGahee @ ATL.
Decker and Colston. Same team or not, the Saints pass a lot.

Brown. Though I'll be honest - I'm a little concerned that he didn't have any catches last week when the Colts were playing from behind. 2 drops maybe was enough for Luck to ignore him? IDK, but I still like him to get more carries vs. Minnesota than he did vs. the Bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey guys need some quick help, standard league, non ppr

Pick 3

Steven Jackson vs. Washington
Demarco Murray vs. Seattle
Adrian Peterson vs. Indianapolis
Jamaal Charles vs. Buffalo
Peterson and Murray. They're clear cut #1 RBs for their teams and studs, at that. I love Jackson but can't sit either of these two for him.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i would like some advice

I have

Cam Newton
Mcfadden
Sproles
Calvin
Bowe
Fred Davis
Raiders DST against the dolphins
and Greg the ************* leg Zuerlien

I still need a flex guy.

I have on my bench:
Injured Fred Jackson :'-(
Stephen Hill
Emmanual Sanders (could be big with cro probably on wallace and revis probably on brown)
Ryan Williams
Mike Williams
David Wilson
Mike Goodson
Justin Blackmon

thoughts on flex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I have

Cam Newton
Mcfadden
Sproles
Calvin
Bowe
Fred Davis

I still need a flex guy.

I have on my bench:
Stephen Hill
Emmanual Sanders (could be big with cro probably on wallace and revis probably on brown)
Ryan Williams
Mike Williams
David Wilson
Mike Goodson
Justin Blackmon

thoughts on flex?
I am between Sanders and Hill... although I think Sanders is the safer play with Hill being big point potential.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Hill, Sanders, Mike Williams and Justin Blackmon all have interesting matchups

Hill playing a steelers defense that just got raped twice by a GT WR, not that that has anything to do with anything it just stings.

Sanders was targeted by ben a bunch last week and i think could have the best matchup against the jets

Mike Williams is going against a banged up NY secondary

Justin Blackmon is playing in a game that is likely to be a blowout and might get a lot of points as gabbery blindly chucks the ball playing catchup

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I like that move, especially with Martin being a good pass catcher. Charles, Reggie and McCluster could all be good PPR backs this year, though Miami may be too inconsistent to produce reliable starters. Torrey's value takes a bit of a hit in PPR (though I will be wrong on that if they continue throwing as much as they did Sunday.) I'd be fine shipping Ridley for Nicks in that deal, too.

With all that said, I'm not sure I even see reason to make this move. I like Ridley, though, so that's a big part of it. Charles / Bush / Ridley / McCluster looks like a nice RB core for a PPR league.
Reggie's situation worries me but I'm gonna keep what I have I think.

Man I love this thread.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the most bustling this thread has been since i have been on the site. This has become my new go to thread of late.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you rather have...Stephen Hill or Brandon LaFell? Standard scoring.

Tough choice imo.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have

Cam Newton
Mcfadden
Sproles
Calvin
Bowe
Fred Davis

I still need a flex guy.

I have on my bench:
Stephen Hill
Ryan Williams
Mike Williams
David Wilson
Mike Goodson
Justin Blackmon

thoughts on flex?
I agree w/you and Cain on the top 3 choices. I will be surprised if Hill looks as good this week but, in this case, would not ignore the production. The Jets haven't been a good passing team but they've had garbage targets. Hill looked like he could easily turn into a beast when he blew up the combine. I'd roll the dice that maybe he's the real deal and start him.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This is the most bustling this thread has been since i have been on the site. This has become my new go to thread of late.
It is. I'm pretty happy with how busy it has been. Feed my mutha****** addiction!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Tough to like Vick w/last week's performance, another nasty DST, and a typical injury tag next to his name.

I like BJGE. If he can do it against the Ravens he can do it against the the Browns. Especially considering the Bengals should be able to run all day without worrying about playing catchup.
Yea, everyone saying Flacco and I think my head is telling me the same. The only reason I'm considering sticking with Vick is because the league gives .25 points per completion so despite Vick's horrid performance, he still scored on par with Flacco last week because he threw sooooo many passes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea, everyone saying Flacco and I think my head is telling me the same. The only reason I'm considering sticking with Vick is because the league gives .25 points per completion so despite Vick's horrid performance, he still scored on par with Flacco last week because he threw sooooo many passes.
Don't think it will happen this week man; Maclin questionable, DJax dinged up, Ravens secondary looked good last week. I think they'll roll with Shady untill the wheels fall off this week, play the time of possession game.

I think the Ravens will run allot this week too, try and slow down the eagles pass rush + avoid the eagles corners. I see Flacco completing allot of high-percentage throws this week, looking for Boldin, Rice and the TE's often.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just made this trade is it good?

He gets: Andre Johnson + T-Richardson

I get: MJD + Dex McCluster

Now do I start Malcolm Floyd or Stephen Hill?

Edit: I was SUPER desperate for a RB I had Curtis Brinkley starting...

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-14-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Don't think it will happen this week man; Maclin questionable, DJax dinged up, Ravens secondary looked good last week. I think they'll roll with Shady untill the wheels fall off this week, play the time of possession game.

I think the Ravens will run allot this week too, try and slow down the eagles pass rush + avoid the eagles corners. I see Flacco completing allot of high-percentage throws this week, looking for Boldin, Rice and the TE's often.
Agreed. It's tough not to expect a bounce back from Vick. But then you see all his weapons hurt, he's hurt, he's up against another nasty DST . . . too many issues this week.

When looking at Flacco, I see a guy with an offensive coordinator that has always wanted to chuck it around an now looks like that's a decent play based on the roster.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

I dont like it, sorry :'(
Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I dont like it, sorry :'(
I was desperate and it showed. Live and learn my first time playing ff.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping cleveland realizes they shouldn't let Weeden throw as much as he did and just let triche at up some yardage but I have Martin starting over trich this week.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was desperate and it showed. Live and learn my first time playing ff.
Ask us buddy lol... I am almost positive there is always someone one to answer your questions.

I would have asked for something better the McCluster if you got someone like a Lloyd or other 3rd WR or fringe 2nd it would have been better.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

It's a hefty price if you consider draft position, which I don't.
It's a hefty price if you think Richardson will have a rookie year like Peterson, which I don't.

My biggest concern with this deal is the health & effectiveness of MJD after his heavy workload last year and holdout this year. Then again, AJ carries his own injury concerns.

Richardson is overvalued, plain and simple. He will be wildly inconsistent b/c the Browns still have no receiving threats to take pressure off the run game.

It's a decent move to shore up a weak RB core.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Ask us buddy lol... I am almost positive there is always someone one to answer your questions.

I would have asked for something better the McCluster if you got someone like a Lloyd or other 3rd WR or fringe 2nd it would have been better.
I'm assuming McCluster can be played as a RB. So he moved a WR+RB to get two startable RBs.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

fred davis, jared cook, or scott chandler?

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thats a toughie... I would say Cook or Chandler.

Cook is likely to get more yards but Chandler is a TD machine.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i traded DHB for Fred davis after cooley got cut, hoping RG3 acts like a normal rookie and loves to throw to his TE eventually. I think im leaning towards chandler this week tho

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Fred was a big disappointment, that's for sure. His matchup is a nice one so I would be fine playing him and, if he still does nothing, benching from there. I do like Chandler, too, though. A good matchup, Nelson to IR freeing up some extra targets, and the hopes that Fitz bounces back. Still, it's early in the season and I'm not a big proponent of starting a player from the 'late round flier' and/or waiver wire categories.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

most of my leagues i have fleener whos just my dude this year at TE, this one i found myself scrambling to get a TE late

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

revis ruled out on sunday. That makes sanders look like an awesome flex play to me now

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.