Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-14-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock Draft 1.0 - 9/14/12

Just posted the first mock draft of the year!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like Tyler Wilson to KC
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets in top 10.... Not cool!

Sam Montgomery likely belongs to 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB.

I think Eric Reid is better choice because there is no guarantee that Landry and Bell will stay with us for another season or beyond.

Also, I doubt Jets will ever draft OLB in the first round again as long as Tannenbaum is in charge.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did you do the draft order yourself :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Jets in top 10.... Not cool!

Sam Montgomery likely belongs to 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB.

I think Eric Reid is better choice because there is no guarantee that Landry and Bell will stay with us for another season or beyond.

Also, I doubt Jets will ever draft OLB in the first round again as long as Tannenbaum is in charge.
Quinton Coples.

But I dig Teo for the Vikings but it seems like kind of a reach. I might prefer Short there. Either way I dig it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time seeing Amerson going top five. To go that high as a corner you really need to possess elite athleticism, and Amerson doesn't at all. His lack of top end athleticism got exposed by Tennessee, and I don't think that game should be tossed off as an anomaly. I still could easily see Amerson in the first round, but no where near the top five or top ten. Also, if the Jaguars are picking that high again, I have a hard time thinking they would be sticking with Gabbert, certainly can't see them going after a very questionable corner/safety prospect over an upgrade under center.

Similar to the Jaguars, if the Jets are drafting in the top ten, with only Barkley gone I feel they would have to seriously look into a quarterback, although Montgomery would make sense if for whatever reason they choose not to.

I'd be happy with John Hankins to the Panthers. Fills a big need, probably the best player given our needs available other than perhaps Justin Hunter.

On that subject, surprised you have Hunter falling that far, and surprised you have who you have selecting him. Would the Saints really go for another receiver over an offensive tackle or defensive player?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 09-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good to see you aren't buying the hype on UF's defensive line right now... I've seen a lot of people call Easley and Floyd first round picks, but I've yet to see anything indicating that myself
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
did you do the draft order yourself :/
I based the order off a set of power rankings, I believe ESPN.

I made a couple of very minor tweaks. The only big one was moving the Cardinals up a ways.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Scott!!! Can we get a QB plz? Like...Wilson? Don't listen to Vidae, give them Jarvis Jones instead.
Posted it in the wrong thread :P

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see GB using a 1st on a RB but I love the thought if Bell. Just need to pick 32.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am i the only one that realizes the Jaguars won't be drafting a qb. What part of this regular season, pre-season or off-season has has not shown that he's greatly improved? Was it the touchdown drive last week with 20 seconds left?

Seriously, post in this thread so i can laugh at you later.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53643

Last edited by Dallas357 : 09-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to have a mock to read...

as a loooooooooooong time reader of the site, i do have an observation;

it seems like you're getting away from yourself and being timid. in your barkley write-up, ya spent most of it talking about his weaknesses, then had him going #1. with robert woods, you talked about him being a late first rounder, then projected him top 5.

the mock was very insightful and well done, but it seems like you're content with following the status quo rankings, whereas in years past, you led the charge on projecting these guys to go way earlier or later than the other experts did.

if ya think barkley is gonna get leapfrogged, and if ya think woods is gonna fall...then don't be afraid to put your money where your mouth is. it's what has made this site great for a decade.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott what are ur thoughts on Tyler Bray?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it Scott. Bray would be another guy I;d look at but Bray does not have the polish that Wilson has, yet.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One small typo you made was that you misspelled Robert Meachem's name in the description for the Saints pick of Justin Hunter. (Man, if they take Hunter they must love taking UT wide receivers in the 1st, wouldn't they?)

Also, good pick for the Titans. I could see them going in a lot of directions with their 1st rounder next year. HB, OG, OC, DE, DT, S, maybe even a CB depending on skill set.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it, not sexy picks but definetly two huge needs for the Rams. I'm convinced the Rams just will never give Bradford that monster clear #1 wide out.

Who does Reid compare to?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic pick for KC Scott. A+++++. Tyler Wilson is my second favorite QB in this "class" and I would kill for him in KC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Fantastic pick for KC Scott. A+++++. Tyler Wilson is my second favorite QB in this "class" and I would kill for him in KC.
You will get Jarvis Jones while we get Wilson and you will like it!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
You will get Jarvis Jones while we get Wilson and you will like it!!
Oh Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyll no you did not just do that. Oh hayll no.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyll no you did not just do that. Oh hayll no.
I just imagined

and started choking on my tamale.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DT is a solid choice for the Bucs. Roy Miller is good, but all he does is clog the middle. I'd love a new DT or an extra DE which you really can't have too many of. Especially when your current backups are (Bowers/IR, Teo'Nesheim and George Johnson)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Great to have a mock to read...

as a loooooooooooong time reader of the site, i do have an observation;

it seems like you're getting away from yourself and being timid. in your barkley write-up, ya spent most of it talking about his weaknesses, then had him going #1. with robert woods, you talked about him being a late first rounder, then projected him top 5.

the mock was very insightful and well done, but it seems like you're content with following the status quo rankings, whereas in years past, you led the charge on projecting these guys to go way earlier or later than the other experts did.

if ya think barkley is gonna get leapfrogged, and if ya think woods is gonna fall...then don't be afraid to put your money where your mouth is. it's what has made this site great for a decade.
I actually do like Barkley. Certainly not at the Luck / RG3 level but should be a very good starting quarterback at the next level. Also, keep in mind that the mock is for what I think will happen while my rankings are how I stack the players on my board. Rest assured that Woods won't be a Top 5 overall player once I incorporate underclassmen. In fact, I don't even think Woods is the best wideout on his own team. That is Marquise Lee.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for the Cowboys drafting at #15 either ha, tough division so I can't dismiss the possibility. I like TJ, definitely an upgrade over Church at SS, which I think will be a better fit for his skill set.

Personally I'd like to see the team take a run on Warmack or Jones to bolster the interior line, but I'm a realist and know the scouting dept prefers to defer to later rounds for lineman.

The draft is pretty deep at positions of need S,C/G,OLB so a trade down/ out of the first round might be a consideration as well. My pet cat as a FS prospect Xavier Rhodes could be lurking in the mid 1st come draft time.

Overall very nice mock.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 09-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Scott what are ur thoughts on Tyler Bray?
I like Bray a lot. Still rough around the edges but looks the part and can spin it.

As far as junior quarterbacks go I am still a huge fan of Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas, but Bray could give him a run for his money.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I like Bray a lot. Still rough around the edges but looks the part and can spin it.

As far as junior quarterbacks go I am still a huge fan of Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas, but Bray could give him a run for his money.
Scott, Logan Thomas hasn't looked very good lately. Do you still believe he will go round 1?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: