Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Romo love on these boards??? This is uncharted territory.

The feeling is eeery....
Maybe we should trade him for picks so we can draft Matt Barkley?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jay Cutler can't hold Romo's jock. He shouldn't even be allowed near it.

And i wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if his extension makes him the highest paid QB in the NFL for the time being. I think Jerry will wanna give him fair market value, and he considers him one of the best in the league.
Love you dawg but...no. If anything they'e in the same tier.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe we should trade him for picks so we can draft Matt Barkley?
We should've traded him for Andrew Luck. Cause that was possible right?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No he isn't.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Love you dawg but...no. If anything they'e in the same tier.
Exactly what makes them equal in your eyes? Cutler has done absolutely nothing in his time in the NFL to consider him a top quarterback. He's going through the same thing Roethlisberger was a few years ago when he made his offensive line look worse than it was. He has no continuous success, he doesn't have the numbers and he's just overall an inferior quarterback.

But please, explain what exactly makes Cutler an equal or better quarterback than Romo.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There seems to be a huge Cutler erection on this board. I'm a fan of his as well but probably not as high on him as others. The general consensus is that he has all the physical traits you look for in an elite quarterback. However, he's never really just put it all together. He had that massive year in 2008 with Denver alongside Brandon Marshall. Alot can be said about his O-Line being poor, but as some point he needs to take some blame too himself. I'm not ready to pass judgement after one poor performance, let's see how the rest of 2012 plays out, which in my mind is a huge year for Cutler. No more excuses about not having weapons once this season is over. It's just so frustrating to see him struggle like this when you see how good he can be, one game that sticks out to me was his one on Monday night last year against the Lions when he carried the Bears.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 09-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only fair way to correctly rank QBs is by the hotness of their significant other.

Someone look up the WAGs of the 32 starting QBs... NOW! ;)
Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill is top 5 for sure.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's worth every dime, and i think we all know it. Get it done, Jerry.
Living in Dallas, anytime I hear someone shittalk Romo, I want to smack them. I think half the league would like him as their starter.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I live in Jersey with a bunch of casual Cowboys fans and they always **** talk on him. It's so annoying. My ex was a "Cowboys fan" too. Always bashed Romo...I bit my tongue, she was hot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well I live in Jersey with a bunch of casual Cowboys fans and they always **** talk on him. It's so annoying. My ex was a "Cowboys fan" too. Always bashed Romo...I bit my tongue, she was hot.
For the record...Cowboy fans from NJ are pretty much the scum of the earth. The stupidest human beings on the planet, the lowest iq, the most ignorant, dumb, pos human beings you could ever meet.

So I'm not surprised that you have bad encounters with them. Anyone would. They're morons.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This isn't really relevant, but here's how I'm feeling about QB rankings at this point, loosely grouped into tiers.

Cream of the crop

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees

Lords of the rings

5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger

Could lose championship virginity soon

7. Philip Rivers
8. Tony Romo
9. Michael Vick
10. Joe Flacco
11. Matt Ryan
12. Cam Newton
13. Matthew Stafford
14. Matt Schaub

The future

15. Robert Griffin III
16. Andrew Luck

Just don't mess this up for me

17. Alex Smith
18. Jay Cutler
19. Josh Freeman

This is why we can't have nice things

20. Jake Locker
21. Andy Dalton
22. Mark Sanchez
23. Matt Cassel
24. Sam Bradford
25. Ryan Fitzpatrick

At least they're not in the final tier

26. Carson Palmer
27. Christian Ponder
28. Russell Wilson

Enjoy your top ten picks

29. Blaine Gabbert
30. Ryan Tannehill
31. Kevin Kolb
32. Brandon Weeden
were you and I watching the same game? should be right above Weeden

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This board usually doesn't like Romo this much...

Anyways, I think Romo is a good QB and the best option the Cowboys will have for the next 5-8 years. He's still never been relevant to the Superbowl though, even if it's "not his fault".

Those statements are true for Cutler as well, which means the two are roughly in the same boat. Anyone could argue that Cutler gives the Bears just as much of a chance at winning it all as Romo does for the Cowboys.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think most Romo hate is just backlash at Cowboys fans

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For the record...Cowboy fans from NJ are pretty much the scum of the earth. The stupidest human beings on the planet, the lowest iq, the most ignorant, dumb, pos human beings you could ever meet.

So I'm not surprised that you have bad encounters with them. Anyone would. They're morons.
You wanna try LA cowboy fans? May not be #1 but they're not far behind.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Definitely a huge part but also because of the non clutch nonsense. It stems from 1 play in Seattle years ago and has avalanched from there. I hate to say it but I do see him winning 1 year before he's done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
were you and I watching the same game? should be right above Weeden
Umm ok..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Definitely a huge part but also because of the non clutch nonsense. It stems from 1 play in Seattle years ago and has avalanched from there. I hate to say it but I do see him winning 1 year before he's done.
You forgetting last year at Det??

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People have bad games. It's not being "unclutch." We've seen this over and over again with Peyton, Lebron, A-Rod and so on. It's a media myth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well that's just a futile attempt because there are pleny of Cowboys fans who bash Romo too.

...and if people think Cowboys fans are unjust in criticizing him, then they haven't cared to watch him much. He's made some of the donkiest plays a QB can make.

Sure there are worst. Sure the Cowboys can win a SB with him. But only if he avoids making the same kind of mental meltdowns that he has made in the past and the Cowboys put together a great team around him.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I disagree D. He puts you in a position to win more often than not. It's not him not taking advantage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
People have bad games. It's not being "unclutch." We've seen this over and over again with Peyton, Lebron, A-Rod and so on. It's a media myth.
I disagree. There is such a thing as clutch and unclutch.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. There is such a thing as clutch and unclutch.
I'm a Giants fan. Eli clutch I get it. There is no such thing as unclutch though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

How bout choker? Someone who chokes when it matters

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
You responded to that comment with a game in week 4 of last season? In a season where he threw 31 TDs to 10 INTs with a passer rating of 102+ and over 4,100 yards... you pick the worst game he had all season and act like that doesn't make him a clutch player? Out of all the things you could have said, all the games that may support what you tried to say, you pick that for your one line argument?

That was such a waste of your time. It's stupid, worthless comments like that which make anything related to Tony Romo a waste of discussion.

I'm going to get lengthy in my response. So here it is.

Dallas would be stupid not to resign Romo. For two reasons:

1) He deserves to get paid.

- Romo played his balls off last year, and has the years prior. Dallas having a mediocre record? Not his problem. Defense and inconsistent running game / offensive line protection have been the main problems in Dallas since he has been a starter. Not Tony Romo. Romo has played great football ever since he took over the starting job. Dallas is a better football team with Tony Romo then anything they could feasibly find to replace him. Some QBs deserve blame for their performance. Some deserve credit. Romo has been one of the few bright spots for Dallas since he has been there. He has been in an average situation with average talent around him. That has been a fact.

The larger problem is that Dallas is a huge media market with huge, unrealistic expectations. They have an owner who wants to place blame at the foot of his players and coaches. Walk the sidelines during the game and speak critical of everyone but himself. Will Jerry Jones ever take blame for building an average team with an average coaching staff? No. But he makes matters worse by boasting about unrealistic expectations of the Super Bowl on a yearly basis. And then he acts shocked when the average players... play average football. What a surprise!!! This is is Jerry Jones' defense mechanism. He has built teams over the last decade with some blue chip players / big, overrated FA names (Romo, Ware, Leonard Davis, Roy Williams, ect.). Yet he has failed to surround those blue chip players with adequate personnel (players + coaches). He then talks to the media and the fans about expectations as if they are the most talented-of-teams in the NFL. This makes everyone think or act like Jones is doing his part to build a Super Bowl champion. Everyone else, like Jones does, then places blame on everyone else (like Romo). It's why Tony Romo can throw for 26 TDs and 9 INTs, and then get absurd amounts of criticism, yet almost no credit whatsoever.

2) Dallas has FINALLY built a strong Supporting Cast / Coaching Staff

- Things in Dallas are changing for the better. They now have a competent head coach with a great defensive coordinator (probably the best in the NFL). They made adjustments / improvements to the offensive line. They have a running game, specifically a RB, that may emerge as one of the elite players in football, not just at his position. DeMarco Murray is a star in the making. When healthy, Murray looks like the closest thing I've seen to Adrian Peterson (Yes, that includes CJ2K or MJD or McFadden or anyone else you could name). Dallas has a defense that can actually complement DeMarcus Ware. And let me say, those CBs are good. They spent a ton of money in FA for Brandon Carr and drafted a top tier prospect in Morris Claiborne. Orlando Scandrick is also a very good nickel corner, who works best inside. The overhaul of the secondary may prove to be the most crucial move in revamping the defense. But they have also improved in the front 7 as well. Sean Lee is a great ILB and Bruce Carter may develop into a stud ILB as well. They potentially have one of the best LB + DB corps in the NFL. It is a very real possibility. The talent / youth is there. They simply have to produce up to the expectations / talent level they now have. And this is where Rob Ryan comes into play. He's the type that will get the production out of the talent they finally do have. Everything is just now, JUST NOW, coming together for Dallas.

Now is the time to extend Romo's contract. They have finally placed a team around Romo that is capable of making the playoffs, and then competing in the playoffs. Youth and inexperience will still play a factor in the playoffs against the elite teams in the NFL, but they have built the most talented roster around Romo since he has been there... by far. If Romo has played at All-Pro standards without this type of personnel, then what will happen when he has it? Romo's best playing days are ahead of him. A lot of that has to do with his maturity and experience, but also because Dallas' Front Office has finally given him more then a few skill position players here and there to put up nice looking passing stats. Now is the time to place high expectations at the feet of Romo. Now there are no more excuses. He has Murrary, Bryant (for the first half of games), Austin, Witten and Ogletree. Throw in an offensive line that is very solid... he should produce a better season then last season. He should make the playoffs. He should be a Pro Bowl caliber QB (as he was last season).

I'll conclude it with it this:

Romo is one of the best QBs in the NFL. He has proven as such. He has the potential to beat the elite QBs in the game, and the elite teams in the game. He's done it. But his decision making will need to improve in certain areas. Specifically when he's pressured. He will force throws and make costly mistakes. e.g. Last week he had a great game in week 1. But he forced a throw that he shouldn't have made early in the 2nd QT. It was nearly a pick 6. It only cost Dallas 3 points (thanks to their defense). But in close games, those early miscues play dividends late in games, especially costly turnovers on your side of the field. He ended up playing great in the second half, and the defense completely shut down the Giants, so it was insignificant. It is however, throws like that which keep Romo from being mentioned with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. A handful of bad decisions a year prevent that. Just a handful. He needs to eliminate that part of his game. And once he realizes that all the pressure isn't on him, you may see him take less chances and stop forcing the throws he has become known for.

He may be able to relax and say, "I can rely on my running game this series. I know I don't need a TD because my defense can hold them." In the past, he has felt what Jay Cutler has felt (and other QBs who play with poor talent around them). That the expectation is that they have to do everything themselves. They have to keep drives alive instead of turning to a running game, they have to score to keep up with their defense, they have to avoid taking a sack, they have to throw it into double coverage, they have do it all. It magnifies their mistakes because they are forcing throws into tight windows and making plays they might not make if they had better protection, or a better defense, or a running game to sustain a drive. It's a team sport. Romo isn't perfect, but there are few QBs in the NFL that are better then he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-15-2012 at 11:25 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote