Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default #1 Pick

Do you guys truly believe Barkley will be the number one overall selection?

I've seen this story too many times before with Leinart, Brohm, Clausen, etc.. I just can't see him, with his limitations, being selected over Logan Thomas/Tyler Bray if they so choose to enter the draft.

Obviously, I'm biased towards Virginia Tech. but if I were a betting man I would say Thomas has better odds of going number one than Barkley.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I still think he'll probably go top 5, but I have a hard time believing that after the draft process he'll be the best QB available. Really just depends a lot on what the underclassmen want to do.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on who is drafting 1st overall I would throw Jarvis Jones into the mix. The guy is just a dominant player and more than just a stand up pass rusher. If a 34 team with a young QB, ie Indy pick first I could definitely see him being the guy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be nice to have a competition going, but no OT is worth a #1 overall selection, same can be clearly said with CB and S. Receivers could get a look at it but I doubt that, and Le'Veon Bell should be considered but not in today's NFL. It is clearly all about the QB, which is sad but true.

Quote:
BamaFalcon59
Obviously, I'm biased towards Virginia Tech.
That is a little understatement ;o)

Doubt many would take Thomas over Barkley to be honest, why because Thomas is bigger? It is not like Barkley is 5-11 or something, and Barkley has a far better arm and is much more accurate.

Quote:
AntoinCD Depending on who is drafting 1st overall I would throw Jarvis Jones into the mix. The guy is just a dominant player and more than just a stand up pass rusher. If a 34 team with a young QB, ie Indy pick first I could definitely see him being the guy
Totally agree, Jarvis Jones is really the only competition for Barkley, kid is just elite and is one of two worth the spot at this point in the season in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Depending on who is drafting 1st overall I would throw Jarvis Jones into the mix. The guy is just a dominant player and more than just a stand up pass rusher. If a 34 team with a young QB, ie Indy pick first I could definitely see him being the guy
A QB is going #1. No matter who has the 1st pick, they will trade out of it if they don't want a QB. Probably will be that way for every year for the foreseeable future. QBs have gone #1 for 10 of the last 12 years and despite Jake Long being a great player, the Dolphins would be a better team if they'd drafted Matt Ryan. I think now that top draft picks are more attainable, teams will always either draft QB #1 overall or find someone who will.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we see a QB go #1 then Barkley would be the guy at this point simply because there's no one out there currently who is challenging that spot. Tyler Wilson's injury will hurt his stock since he's not on the field, Logan Thomas has been less than stellar this season, Aaron Murray just seems to be unable to take that next step with his game, and Tyler Bray needs to prove that he can be a more accurate passer on a consistent basis before a team spends a high pick on him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Thomas definitely looking like a first overall pick.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Thomas at this point is NOT a 1/1 pick. In fact the way he looks now I believe he should return for his senior year for the Hokies.

You need more than potential and tools to go 1/1 as a QB.
Gabbert was considered a possible 1/1 selection before the 2011 draft until scouts started to break down his game film.

You need to demonstrate that you were dominant at the college level as a QB in order for a team to take one with the first overall.

Nowadays with the rookie salary cap, I think most picks in the first round will be based on need more than value. No team anymore is locked into paying a player $60+ mil guaranteed only because a player was drafted 1/1.

If Bradford plays well enough and the Rams end up with the top pick, I think they go OT, but will listen to trade offers to move down.

I'm glad my team doesn't need a QB because none of these guys look like future, can't miss stud signal callers in the NFL.

Tyler Bray has great talent and upside, but he's got holes in his game too.

A mediocre QB class at the top.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
justdoit12
Rookie

justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.justdoit12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Thomas doesn't look like a first round pick at this time. Definitely needs to come back for his senior year.
justdoit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas is a slower EJ Manuel. They both are not good at anything other than being tall and falling forward

Barkley shouldnt be the #1 pick but he's better than Bray and Thomas, by far
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley going #1 depends heavily on whether or not the team that ends up picking #1 overall thinks they need a QB. If it's a team that has spent a high pick on a QB recently (Browns, Jags, Rams, say) it would be easy to pass on Barkley.

Barkley is basically the rich man's Andy Dalton. Physically limited, neither a great arm nor great wheels, but does most of the little stuff well and he can be great if you surround him with talent.

But I do not want to be a team picking high who finds themselves in need of a QB this year.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad day to hype logan thomas IMHO.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of the teams that might land the #1 I only see Arizona as a team that would go QB. If Oakland crash and burns I would think they would be more apt to look at Bray over Barkley if they went that route. I don't think that Jacksonville is ready to give up on Gabbert and everyone else drafted a QB last year. Buffalo needs a QB but their 200 million dollar defense should keep them out of trade range to get up to the top.

With the new rookie wage scale it's up in the air, I agree that Jarvis is the most talented player overall at this point but I wouldn't rule out someone like Justin Hunter or Star Lotuleilei.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Bad day to hype logan thomas IMHO.
Bad day to hype any of them. Wilson sitting there with a concussion, Thomas and Bray looking ordinary to me and Barkely looking pretty weak when under pressure.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think yesterday's game was a lot more damning for Robert Woods than it was for Barkley. Woods had all sorts of trouble with the press coverage and jams that Stanford used. Even on a bad ankle, questions will have to rise about him being a #1 receiver.
USC had no answer for the Cardinal blitzes, I don't know if it's the coaches, but Barkley could have called more audibles and try the no-huddle since Stanford was often changing their personnel. It's hard for anyone to look good when you're getting swarmed in the pocket and no one could get open.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are the top QBs in the class. With all the concussion worrying going on in football there was no chance Wilson would've played this week (plus vs. Bama) and Smith has a ton of talent and production. There will be questions about being a system QB, but most college signal callers these days have those questions.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs early favorites to land the #1 pick?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Out of the teams that might land the #1 I only see Arizona as a team that would go QB. If Oakland crash and burns I would think they would be more apt to look at Bray over Barkley if they went that route. I don't think that Jacksonville is ready to give up on Gabbert and everyone else drafted a QB last year. Buffalo needs a QB but their 200 million dollar defense should keep them out of trade range to get up to the top.

With the new rookie wage scale it's up in the air, I agree that Jarvis is the most talented player overall at this point but I wouldn't rule out someone like Justin Hunter or Star Lotuleilei.
Al's not running the show anymore. All those Raiders stereotypes don't apply anymore. Just because he's 6'6" and has an arm doesn't automatically mean he's going to be a Raider.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me put it this way, BAD YEAR FOR QBs.

-Barkely: 1st round guy, but in any other draft, I wouldn't trade the farm to move up to get him. He's a solid 1st round guy, but not top 5, maybe not even top 10 IMO.

- Wilson: Like him the best, but still has a ton of questions surrounding him. Wish he didn't get hurt. Would have loved to watch him against Alabama's defense, which is the closest thing to NFL ready you can get.

- Bray: This kid looks the part a few plays, then absolutely has those bad lapses. I question his leadership abilities and he's very innaccurate at times. From watching yesterday, there are times he makes very difficult throws and does it perfectly. Then there are times he doesn't see an open WR or misses an open WR by 5-10 yards. He shouldn't declare if he's smart. Definately needs another year. He's you're typical Boom/Bust pick. Plus, he hasn't played much in big games and yesterday was one and didn't prove anything in a positive way to me.

- Logan Thomas: It's a joke he's being talked about has a #1 overall pick. Geno Smith is 10x better than this guy. His play speaks for itself. Just because he's got a strong arm, doesn't mean he's a top pick. Good luck to the moron who drafts him in round 1.

- Geno Smith: Probably the most underrated guy here, but what makes it more difficult is the offense he comes from and competition played. He's very athletic and accurate and has the accuracy and a solid arm. I just need to watch more of him in bigger games.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's still a long way to go in the process, but if Geno Smith keeps playing like this he has to be in the discussion. All of the top QB prospects have some flaws but Smith hasn't had a bad game in a long time unlike the rest of these guys, and the biggest knock on Smith is the scheme he plays in not an actual aspect of his game.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets remember with the rookie wage scale in place, it give a little more room to err. So a team can gamble on a DE, DT, T, WR like they used to. Also trading out is much easier. I would say RB but their value has greatly diminished.

This a good draft for some underclassmen to get Hot and come out. I have a hard time believing Barkley will go 1, but we've seen things happen.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
All of the top QB prospects have some flaws but Smith hasn't had a bad game in a long time unlike the rest of these guys, and the biggest knock on Smith is the scheme he plays in not an actual aspect of his game.

Zero ***** given about the scheme. Last year, Geno waited too long for his targets to get open. Had to see them get open instead of throwing them open. When the competition improves, it will be interesting to see if he progressed.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Lets remember with the rookie wage scale in place, it give a little more room to err. So a team can gamble on a DE, DT, T, WR like they used to. Also trading out is much easier. I would say RB but their value has greatly diminished.

This a good draft for some underclassmen to get Hot and come out. I have a hard time believing Barkley will go 1, but we've seen things happen.
There;s more room for error, yes. But normally, if you take a QB early in round 1, you usually wait it out 4 years. Qbs take the longest to develop, same with dlineman. Although if you miss on a dlineman, it's easier to give them time than a QB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One side-effect of the QB dominant league and the new wage scale is we'll start seeing guys who can put the QB on his back get taken high. Von Miller came close to number 1 and he has paid dividends for the Broncos already. We're seeing Jarvis Jones get some hype and his play the last year plus has been more than deserving. If I'm the Rams or Colts or a similar team, I'm already scheming how to get Jarvis in the backfield.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heck if we are hyping up guys as #1 overall pick I'm going with Landry Jones baby.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote