Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I disagree D. He puts you in a position to win more often than not. It's not him not taking advantage.
As a Giants fan, Romo has given you plenty of reasons to like him. lol. Putting us in position to win isn't the same thing as winning. He's had plenty of great moments and plenty of head shaking moments. I recognize the good and already admit there are plenty worse QBs in the league and I do think he can win multiple SBs, but like I also said... we need a great team around him and some real luck. He's a gunslinger like his idol, Favre. You learn to take the bad with the good. It don't taste good, but it is what it is.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
As a Giants fan, Romo has given you plenty of reasons to like him. lol. Putting us in position to win isn't the same thing as winning. He's had plenty of great moments and plenty of head shaking moments. I recognize the good and already admit there are plenty worse QBs in the league and I do think he can win multiple SBs, but like I also said... we need a great team around him and some real luck. He's a gunslinger like his idol, Favre. You learn to take the bad with the good. It don't taste good, but it is what it is.
The funny thing you hear is how people hates Romo. He actually seems like a really cool dude. I remember Eli and Romo talking pre game, and the microphones were there. Eli said something like there was a big sign saying Romo is hot or something to that effect. And Romo replied, that's probably my mom! LOL. I thought that was funny. He seems like a cool dude.

I don't mind Mr. Stats I call him. He gets his numbers, but I don't see him winning a SB. I do think he is a cool guy, but I hope you guys lock him up, long term.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For the record...Cowboy fans from NJ are pretty much the scum of the earth. The stupidest human beings on the planet, the lowest iq, the most ignorant, dumb, pos human beings you could ever meet.

So I'm not surprised that you have bad encounters with them. Anyone would. They're morons.
hey I'm a Cowboys fan from NJ
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
hey I'm a Cowboys fan from NJ
There are a lot of cowboys fans in NJ actually. After the super bowl this past year, I wore the SB hat at Hoolihans or some place to eat and the waiter comes up and says go cowboys! LOL. Only in NJ, after the team won a SB, would I ever hear such a thing.

That's the thing about living in the tristate area near a very big city like NYC. You have fans from nearly all fan bases in the state. If I went to Texas, I highly doubt I'd find that many Giants fans. Even if I went to another state, I probably would see a lot of football fans of that fan base from the state. Here though we have a lot of fans from various franchises.

We share the state with Jets and Eagles fans. Then it's a whole mix of different fan bases. We have a lot of Cowboy fans in this state as you know from being from NJ.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
There are a lot of cowboys fans in NJ actually. After the super bowl this past year, I wore the SB hat at Hoolihans or some place to eat and the waiter comes up and says go cowboys! LOL. Only in NJ, after the team won a SB, would I ever hear such a thing.

That's the thing about living in the tristate area near a very big city like NYC. You have fans from nearly all fan bases in the state. If I went to Texas, I highly doubt I'd find that many Giants fans. Even if I went to another state, I probably would see a lot of football fans of that fan base from the state. Here though we have a lot of fans from various franchises.

We share the state with Jets and Eagles fans. Then it's a whole mix of different fan bases. We have a lot of Cowboy fans in this state as you know from being from NJ.
Ya NJ is certainly a melting pot, I live south of Trenton so there is a lot of Eagles fans that heckle me. I went to a game once and almost was jumped for wearing a Jersey. I have a group of friends that like the Jets and a couple who are G-men fans then the rest are random. I have a buddy that likes SF a cousin that loves Miami and another who likes Chicago so its all over the place.

I was just hurt that I was stereotyped as the scum of the earth who spews verbal diarrhea lol.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're in the 1%.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda random, but you'd be surprised at how many Cowboys haters you will find here in Texas. You get a lot of the douchey contrarian kinda people that love to hate for the sake of hating. I was at BWW to watch the Bears/Packers game this Thursday, and one of my friends started talking about how Tim Tebow would have developed into a better quarterback than Tony Romo. >.<
Old 09-15-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ya NJ is certainly a melting pot, I live south of Trenton so there is a lot of Eagles fans that heckle me. I went to a game once and almost was jumped for wearing a Jersey. I have a group of friends that like the Jets and a couple who are G-men fans then the rest are random. I have a buddy that likes SF a cousin that loves Miami and another who likes Chicago so its all over the place.

I was just hurt that I was stereotyped as the scum of the earth who spews verbal diarrhea lol.
I am sure it def. does suck. But think of it from our perspective. We live in the in the state where the Giants play, yet we feel like we are the minority. We have a melting pot of fans, lots of cowboys fans, Eagles fans, and Jets fans. I am from Toms River, so it's either Giants fans or Eagles, with some Jets. South of TR, it's all Eagles fans, and west of TR it's Eagles fans.

If I went to Texas, it's mainly Dallas fans. I don't have to worry about anything. If I go back to Boston where I went to school, I'd find Giants fans but mostly Pats fans. Same with any of the NE states actually.

Here in the tri-state area, I love 45 minutes from Metlife Stadium, and yet I feel like I am in a state different from where the Giants play. I remember telling a guy I was a giants fan, and he looked at surprised. I was thinking in my mind, why are you surprised that I am a Giants fan when they play in the state and you're a cowboys fan.

So I like to think are always angry because the tri-state area is a mish mosh of fans from all 32 teams, with more being Jets, Eagles, and Cowboys.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what the heck you're talking about NYG. Yes their are fans of other teams but 95% is Giants/Jets. I never feel like I'm in the minority.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kinda random, but you'd be surprised at how many Cowboys haters you will find here in Texas. You get a lot of the douchey contrarian kinda people that love to hate for the sake of hating. I was at BWW to watch the Bears/Packers game this Thursday, and one of my friends started talking about how Tim Tebow would have developed into a better quarterback than Tony Romo. >.<
That's understandable. If a team is over exposed and talked about again and again all year round, then yeah people are going to hate. Here in NJ, and it's basically Yankees dominated. WFAN in NY is ALWAYS talking about baseball. Yankees talk dominates most of the year. Yeah they talk about football, but first they talk about baseball before football.

So you get people who hate the yankees just because. So from what I noticed is that teams who are over exposed and constantly talked about no matter what will get people who hate them. I hate baseball, so I don't mind hating on the Yanks and the Mets.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't know what the heck you're talking about NYG. Yes their are fans of other teams but 95% is Giants/Jets. I never feel like I'm in the minority.
Where do you live?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Where do you live?
Central Jersey. Old Bridge.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am sure it def. does suck. But think of it from our perspective. We live in the in the state where the Giants play, yet we feel like we are the minority. We have a melting pot of fans, lots of cowboys fans, Eagles fans, and Jets fans. I am from Toms River, so it's either Giants fans or Eagles, with some Jets. South of TR, it's all Eagles fans, and west of TR it's Eagles fans.

If I went to Texas, it's mainly Dallas fans. I don't have to worry about anything. If I go back to Boston where I went to school, I'd find Giants fans but mostly Pats fans. Same with any of the NE states actually.

Here in the tri-state area, I love 45 minutes from Metlife Stadium, and yet I feel like I am in a state different from where the Giants play. I remember telling a guy I was a giants fan, and he looked at surprised. I was thinking in my mind, why are you surprised that I am a Giants fan when they play in the state and you're a cowboys fan.

So I like to think are always angry because the tri-state area is a mish mosh of fans from all 32 teams, with more being Jets, Eagles, and Cowboys.
Huh? Giant fans are NOT the minority here. Not even close.

90% of the ppl here are either Giants or Jets fans. You have a lot of Eagle fans in South Jersey. And 10% is other fans.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lol, obviously I'm not talking about any fan that posts here. 99% of us here are knowledgeable fans. We're not average fans here, that's why we're here.

But you know what I'm talking about.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This isn't really relevant, but here's how I'm feeling about QB rankings at this point, loosely grouped into tiers.

At least they're not in the final tier

26. Carson Palmer
27. Christian Ponder
28. Russell Wilson
LOL at Carson Palmer in this tier. It's not like he had a QBR in the top 12 last season and starting this season. This just smacks of someone who only sees the ESPN highlights and Jamie Dukes' "analysis" on NFLN.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
LOL at Carson Palmer in this tier. It's not like he had a QBR in the top 12 last season and starting this season. This just smacks of someone who only sees the ESPN highlights and Jamie Dukes' "analysis" on NFLN.
He doesn't have a top 12 rating starting this season. Although his rating is above Rodgers.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote