Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 2: Lions at 49ers

Week 2:
Sunday, September 16, 2012

Detroit Lions (1-0)
At
San Francisco 49ers (1-0)

Time: 5:20 pm pst
Line: SF -7
Announcers (NBC): Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya

Hmmmm, I feel like there is a big storyline about this game. Itís weird. It feels like the media will be making a huge deal about something, I just canít quite place my finger on it. I might need a hand with this.

Is it this matchup?

Nah, maybe itís about this guy Ö

Facing his doppelganger

Still doesnít feel right. I just canít shake this feeling

What about this storyline:

Nah, that canít be it. That story has been done to death.

And then I remembered this:

Dammit Aldon. You like, totally ruined that for me.

Oh, maybe it has to do with this:

Do you think thatís worthy of a big media shitstorm coach?

I tend to agree with you.

I think Iíve figured it out. I have once again scoured the interwebz and have discovered that this happened:

Which eventually led to this:

and this:

and finally this:

And then I remembered why I couldnít remember this incident. From last yearís gameday thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So I got a story to tell ya. Keep in mind I've been getting wasted in multiple airport bars today.

I get off my flight in Denver. It's middle of the third. Niners just went up 15-13. I go to bar, get food, liquor, and watch some Niners. Later my plane is boarding and SF is about to start the game-winning drive. I'm now following it on gamecenter while sitting on plane. The flight attendant is barking a bunch of nonsense over the speaker. I'm not listening. Just updating each play. Niners score is under review. The freakin plane is rolling down the runway. The TD stands. I'm cheering on the plane with other SF fans (we're headed to SF). The attendant is like "put your electronic devices away." I'm like, "Lady, it's third down. We need this play stopped." She's barking at me "FAA regulations blah, blah, blah." Boom. Incompletion. Now she's demanding my phone. I'm like "Lady, it's 4th freakin down here." So I pretend to turn the phone off. Boom incompletion. Niners ball. I'm like "Oh hell yeaaaaaa." the other niner fans are screaming. I toss her my phone, she turns it off and tosses it back to me. I asked if she could bring me another shot of jack. She said she's a Raider fan and I'm like, "Oh. That sucks. Can I still have that shot." she said no lol and that was that.

Great win. I'm still trashed. Awaiting my last flight home. Typed this MFer on my phone and it's blurry as ****.
Ninerrrrrrrrrrrrs!
And of course, the media saw something controversial and just haaaaaaaad to drop a Ėgate on the end of it. It became ďHandshake GateĒ. Really ******* original. Huge pet peeve of mine. Hey Harbaugh, how do you feel about the media calling everything _________________Gate?

I know exactly what you mean

Enough of the past shenanigans. Letís preview this game.

As always, gotta worry about this guy:

Imagine his speed if he didnít have all that body armor

And of course, this guy made the jump last year from Padowan into Sith Lord

Yes. Yes. Let your coachís anger flow through you, young apprentice.

We will need moar of this:

And I really want to see this guy playing almost exclusively in the slot:

Too bad we wonít get to see this guy:

Iím looking for another big game from these guys:

And finally, I think this guy is about to become a pro bowl OLB:

Badass.

Standings:
NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (1-0)
1. Arizona Cardinals (1-0)
3. Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
3. St. Louis Rams (0-1)

NFC North
1. Detroit Lions (1-0)
1. Chicago Bears (1-0)
1. Minnesota Vikings (1-0)
4. Green Bay Packers (0-1)

Special Note: Iíll be at this game. **** yeaaaaah. Boratís all-time record sits at 12-3. Many beers will be shotgunned

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job this week.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

epic..ten char
Old 09-13-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is amazing. It's 3:40 am and I'm up with a fussy baby, but I'm cracking up because of this gameday thread. Thanks, Borat! Come on Sunday!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be your best one. I busted out laughing at the Matt Stafford part.

Anyways, I expect to us to dominate Detroit. I just have a good feeling about this game. Of course not good enough that I won't leave my house to see it. But there should be a lot of energy in the air at Candlestick. I'm looking forward to it. It would be nice to be 2-0 going into Minnesota. Hopefully Alex Smith has another big game. And when is Ahmad Brooks going to get his due? He truly is one of the more underrated players in the NFL. Good against the run and a good pass rusher in his own regard.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Culliver is going to go one-on-one with Megatron again

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I wonder if Culliver is going to go one-on-one with Megatron again
Cully wasn't one-on-on with Megatron last year, per say. He had help over the top for a majority of the game. And that goes for any CB who happened to be matched up on him. Our CBs don't shadow receivers all over the field. They all play a role. Brown is the left CB and plays exclusive on that side. Cully was the right CB last year when we went nickel and played exclusively on that side. Only guys you might see switch sides are the guys over the slot...Rogers and Cox but that's about it. I don't think there's any DC who would leave just one CB, no matter how good he is, on Megatron for the entire game. The guy is just too good. I suspect the Lions want to spread us out, with Megatron in slot on the left side mostly. That would leaving Cox, our 4th best CB on him.....a match-up they probably like. But we'll give Cox, or Rogers if it's him, a ton of help and dare Stafford to throw the ball elsewhere in one-on-one coverage. The thing is the Lions passing attack isn't like GB. They pretty much have one weapon and force feed him the ball. It's a different animal than with GB, where your pretty much in fear of every WR on the field. And Stafford will give us some balls to make plays on. He's shown a knack for throwing into coverage and being antsy in the pocket. And nobody disguises coverages better than we do at the moment. We will try our best to confuse Stafford all night.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-13-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Borat you are the man the end.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pregame drinking has begun. Getting hanmered in a bar in Marin right now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs and Ginn still out. I hope these guys return to action quick.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The pregame drinking has begun. Getting hanmered in a bar in Marin right now.
Just in time to pass out, wake up, and start again!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Just in time to pass out, wake up, and start again!
Done, done, and DONE!

Old 09-16-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Done, done, and DONE!
Hey, remember when you and I had that huge draft crush on CJ Spiller in 2010? I am currently cheering him on as he is my only fantasy football player not sucking ass (LOOKING AT YOU, AARON RODGERS).

Old 09-16-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Downtown is packed with 49ers fans. All heading out to Candlestick. Should be a loud night for Detroit.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If I didn't have work tomorrow, I would be hammered as **** right now. Great game.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

The partying is only beginning.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sloppy game offensively. Too many ****** drops that just killed drives. And Alex was money tonight with the accuracy. The one to MM really irked me because that's a great throw, in traffic, that he was brought here to make. Guys have to catch the ****** ball. Hard for me to enjoy the win because I feel like we left so many points on the field. And the D played great as usual but letting them convert that ******** screen on 3rd and 17 left a bad taste in my mouth. That led to a TD pass and Stafford looking like he had a respectable night stat wise, when really he shouldn't have even had over 200 yards passing. Maybe I'm nit-picking to some but I just know we can and need to do better. Good win though. No injuries so that's always good. Aldon had two sacks. Alex looked ****** great with his throws but he's still takin sacks when he could be throwing the ball away. Kinda surprised they were semi-effective with the run there for a minute, but a mismatch like Megatron will have that effect upfront, especially being in nickel so much and having to scheme coverage with the 'backers. I really can't wait too see what Ginn and Jacobs add to the offense when they're healthy. Yea, I actually said Ginn lol. His speed with Moss on the same side of field together is something I'm interested in seeing how teams defend against it.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Yes it was a weird win. I felt like the doors could have been blown off in the second quarter instead of letting the Lions hang around. The drops were God-awful. I can't remember the last time the 49ers dropped so many passes in one game.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Watching NFL Game Day highlights right now...what is up with Deion Sanders randomly saying "Dallas" when they show Michael Crabtree's highlights?

Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Watching NFL Game Day highlights right now...what is up with Deion Sanders randomly saying "Dallas" when they show Michael Crabtree's highlights?
Crabs is from here (Dallas), where Deion resides.

Also, thought this was funny:
Quote:
When told that it sounds as if Staley believes the Lions' defensive line -- consisting of Ndamukong Suh, Cliff Avril, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Corey Williams -- is overrated, Staley offered confirmation.

"Extremely," he said. "I've never been impressed by the Detroit Lions' defensive line."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...13&feedID=5936

Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith has 17 incomplete passes this year; nine are on-target drops, three are throwaways, two hit the receiver's hands and one was when Gore failed to turn around and the ball hit him. The man is a legitimate MVP candidate right now
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Why not just let sleeping dogs lie? I know there is a lil rivalry with their D-Line but why give then bulletin board material when there's a good chance we could see them again in the playoffs? Guys need to stay humble and focused on the task at hand. Let them do the talking.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Alex Smith has 17 incomplete passes this year; nine are on-target drops, three are throwaways, two hit the receiver's hands and one was when Gore failed to turn around and the ball hit him. The man is a legitimate MVP candidate right now
Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning have yet to play tonight.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I don't how anybody can be a legit MVP candidate after two games. Still alot of football to be played. I don't think Alex will have nearly the numbers most look for when considering a QB for MVP. And with the way we play on offense, he will always be looked at as a 'manager' type of QB because our offense doesn't revolve around him putting up huge numbers and those numbers winning games for us. In other words, don't hold your breath.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Just saying that, if you had to rank the candidates for MVP after two games, Smith would definitely be up there.
Closed Thread