Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know of Andy Benoit. He's been on the CBS Pick Six Podcast (now Pro Football 360) a few times. He's alright in his presentation compared to other folks I've seen and heard. He's been on NFL Top Ten a little bit too.

All in all it doesn't matter. These "analysts" really can't predict the future good or bad. At least no more than your average joe here on a message board like this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday Thread is up. It's got a heavy dose of sarcasm.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
sonofabitch, WE all need the season to start.
Fixed bud. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty sad when Aaron Rodgers is more of a fan of the 49ers QB than many of the 49ers fans are...

Quote:
I don't think he's a game manager. He's a guy that takes care of the football and makes a lot of plays. To throw that many times and only throw five interceptions, I don't think he gets the respect he deserves.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It's pretty sad when Aaron Rodgers is more of a fan of the 49ers QB than many of the 49ers fans are...
Damn him for being so nice. It's too bad the Niners have to go into his place this weekend, rough him up and beat him after not drafting him.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers are at the top of the rankings heading into week 2!Nice job 49ers!Way to be on top of the league.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, power rankings don't mean squat. It's like a popularity contest. Baltimore looks like the team to beat, for my money. What the did to a very good Cincy defense and offense was eye-opening. It's amazing how good Flaaco looks now that they finally have some legit speed on the outside. That opens up everything....the TEs in the middle of the field, Rice and Boldin underneath. And that tempo...if the O-Line comes around, watch out. They looked scary good last night. __________________
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New gameday thread is up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-watched the Packers game. Bowman already looks in mid-season form. The guy was everywhere literally. Pat seemed a step slow. So did Whitner, who missed alot of tackles. Very uncharacteristic for him. Boone looks like a Pro Bowler if he continues with his play. Was pleasantly surprised by how good he looks in pass-pro already. Big improvement over Synder. We used so many different personnel groupings on offense, I lost count. Just so many different looks Jimbaugh/Roman gives a defense to study. Can't say enough how much I like Rogers, Cully, Brown, and Cox as our top 4 CBs.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offensive line impressed me. Staley seemed like the only guy that struggled at times, but he was going against Matthews. Even then, it was give and take.

And continuity on an already winning team was the best thing that could have happened for the 49ers. I'm going to get nervous about losing assistants like Roman and Fangio though. I think Roman is going to get a job elsewhere if the success continues.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The offensive line impressed me. Staley seemed like the only guy that struggled at times, but he was going against Matthews. Even then, it was give and take.

And continuity on an already winning team was the best thing that could have happened for the 49ers. I'm going to get nervous about losing assistants like Roman and Fangio though. I think Roman is going to get a job elsewhere if the success continues.
I wouldn't even really call it give and take. Matthews had a couple of sacks, one of them being a coverage sack more than anything, but very few pressures and was a non-factor for most of the game. Staley definitely won the match-up, imo.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should extend Roman and Fangio before they leave. Pay them extra and put a clause in their contracts that state they cant even talk to other teams like the Redskins did a long time ago with Gregg Williams.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Fangio is going anywhere. He doesn't seem like he desires a head job. I do think Roman is gone however, and possibly Levitt.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i have to choose between the coordinators i think Roman is the one that if we lose him we can handle it best. I think a lot of the offense also comes out of Jimbaugh and he doesn't look like a man who lets someone handle the whole offense on his own.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

We can't lose coach G-Ro.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This coaching staff is ******* unreal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only real head scratcher for me is that sometimes I think Ro-baugh tries a little to hard to be "different."

At one point, there were 5 wides.... FIVE wides (unheard of.)

Unfortunately, Moss and Manningham were on the sideline with Bruce Miller, Delanie Walker, and Kyle Williams on the field.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is never unfortunate when Bruce Miller is on the field
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
It is never unfortunate when Bruce Miller is on the field
I understand the hyperbolic support but I'll never understand Bruce Miller lined up wide, running a go-route with Randy Moss on the bench.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Whatever. It doesn't matter. As long as the plays being called are mostly effective and don't leave us constantly scratching our heads.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
If i have to choose between the coordinators i think Roman is the one that if we lose him we can handle it best. I think a lot of the offense also comes out of Jimbaugh and he doesn't look like a man who lets someone handle the whole offense on his own.
Roman is definitely bolting. He has HC aspirations and Jimbaugh definitely won't get in his way. But the offense its pretty much Jim's so we won't lose much. The nuts and bolts, of it....the formations, use of personnel....that's all Jimbaugh's so that philosophy isn't going anywhere. My guess, is Chyrst would step into the OC role and we would look for another QB coach.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I understand the hyperbolic support but I'll never understand Bruce Miller lined up wide, running a go-route with Randy Moss on the bench.
Yea, I saw that too. Kinda had to give them the benefit of the doubt but it does reek of those fade routes to Ginn in the red-zone last year. They do tend to get a little 'cute' at times. But I think the concept on that play is not really for Miller to be a receiving threat....I thought it was going be a bubble screen at first, with Miller out wide to actually help block so, idk. But Jimbaugh lost his OC during his entire tenure at Stanford when David Shaw decided to not follow him to the NFL. Didn't much matter. I'm sure Harbaugh already knows who he wants to replace Roman. No worries.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-16-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wouldn't call it hyperbole. Bruce Miller is just that good. He is everything that the 49ers currently stand for
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I wouldn't call it hyperbole. Bruce Miller is just that good. He is everything that the 49ers currently stand for
He has a chance to be very good. That drop pass last night sure didn't help his cause though. He's still learning so I wouldn't anoint him just yet.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Whatever. It doesn't matter. As long as the plays being called are mostly effective and don't leave us constantly scratching our heads.
Besides this coaching staff, I think Norv Turner was the last time I felt like the Niners had a good playcaller.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote