Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You need to stop. lol.

JK.
Come to Hawaii Moth! The girls are much more chill over here. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So in one game, I saw both sides of Martellus Bennett. I first saw the Dallas version: He let 2 touchdown passes bounce off of his face, and 1 almost got picked, along with a couple other drops. The touchdown drops literally bounced off of his face. It was so frustrating.

But then I also saw the other side of him, the potential side: When he caught that bomb pass touchdown and made some other great catches on the day.

It seems like Eli wants to trust him, and wants to go to him more often, but there's some work to be done there. Eli is always coaching him up on the sidelines, talking to him, getting him into the game and being supportive so I think with time it will get better (hopefully), but right now he's inconsistent and I don't trust him.

I'm just waiting for him to make a crippling mistake that costs us a game.
It is interesting to see him play paired with a QB that trusts his receivers in one on one coverage and a starting job where he's not fighting for minutes.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Serious question: what was ya'lls impression of the Seahawks?

I caught the game sometime in the 3rd when it was domination. Don't really understand what happened...
Seattle is legit and they will beat a lot of teams this year.

That secondary is SICK SICK SICK! ...and the front 7 is no joke either.

When I was watching the game with crisco, he made a great point that really opened my eyes. That Eli trusts his receivers in one on one coverage whereas Romo doesn't. I was like, that's so true! Then everything made sense to me so clearly.

It's no wonder why our #3 WR is so effective in this offense. It's no wonder why Tony holds onto the ball so long. It's no wonder why Dez's career hasn't taken off the way it should have by now. etc etc etc.

So what we saw yesterday was when Romo had to face a secondary that could cover and hit as well as Seattle did... and Romo couldn't find open receivers, our offense was stagnant all game long. The lack of trust in our WRs to beat 1 on 1 coverage lost us the game.

Eli's trust is completely different. He'll throw it up there and trust that his receivers will win the battle and that's why I think the Giants are as good as they are.

Honestly, I think all the years of Romo criticism has lead to this distrust. He has told himself that he no longer wants to be the guy to get the blame for throwing to the ball into tight coverage. He doesn't want to throw picks. So he makes all his check down reads until he finds the open guy...usually the #3 WR, TE or RB... Or he holds onto the ball longer than he should because he knows he can buy time making his patented pirouette moves... or we get what happened yesterday when EVERYONE is covered.... a messy disfunctional offense.

Until Romo trusts Austin and Dez to beat more single or even double coverage against good secondaries, or we play more bad to mediocre secondaries, then the Cowboys will continue to struggle passing the ball.

The sad thing is that Austin and Dez are two very physical receivers who CAN beat their man. OH ROMO.... smh.

TRUST. WE NEED SOME.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins lose Carriker and Orakpo for the year. Ouch.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It is interesting to see him play paired with a QB that trusts his receivers in one on one coverage and a starting job where he's not fighting for minutes.
He should be trusted 1 on 1. He's 6 7" 290 lbs and runs like a stallion. All you gotta do is throw it up there and he should come down with it.

My concern is route running, and his hands. I think his route running will improve over time as he builds chemistry with Eli. But his hands...I don't know if you can teach hands. And he's the type of guy that will spiral out of control once he loses confidence. That's also something that I don't look forward to.

I just don't trust him yet. I think he'll wind up a better player for us than he was for Dallas, but I don't know if I trust him.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He should be trusted 1 on 1. He's 6 7" 290 lbs and runs like a stallion. All you gotta do is throw it up there and he should come down with it.

My concern is route running, and his hands. I think his route running will improve over time as he builds chemistry with Eli. But his hands...I don't know if you can teach hands. And he's the type of guy that will spiral out of control once he loses confidence. That's also something that I don't look forward to.

I just don't trust him yet. I think he'll wind up a better player for us than he was for Dallas, but I don't know if I trust him.
I think what you will get with Tellus is what you saw this weekend. He will make plays that take your breath away and he will make plays that make you want to cut him immediately.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some of the problems with the offense revolve around the health of Witten. It looked like it was uncomfortable to catch balls that were away from his body especially the high tosses. The design of the offense is a lot of vertical routes that open up seems in the middle of the field where he normally operates.
Normally he is automatic between the hashes but between the injury and the additional restriction from the flack jacket he looked sluggish.

Garrett tried to counter by having Dez occupy the middle of the field where he had some drops and was smacked around by some tough hits by the safetys.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I am going to OKC and then Honolulu on a business trip, any chance we hook up for drinks?
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

It's all mental for him. He can be good when he wants to be.

As for Witten yesterday, I don't know what's going on with him. He came up with a couple big catches, but I'm not used to these easy drops.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezsucks (Bob) View Post
I think I am going to OKC and then Honolulu on a business trip, any chance we hook up for drinks?
You gonna be here over a weekend? I'd go back to the place I went yesterday to watch the game with ya. They had pretty good food and cool atmosphere.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for Witten yesterday, I don't know what's going on with him. He came up with a couple big catches, but I'm not used to these easy drops.
I thought it was the spleen honestly, he's the type who will be hurt far worse then we know. He played a week before he should have as it was, then this game he took some serious shots to that area. Who knows honestly, but it seems like that'd be a good guess. I've never, ever seen him mentally checked out of a game like he was, not even close. I hope he's physically ok to play, last thing I want is him to rupture his speen.

Chris Simms had to be rushed to the hospital immediately after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

BTW, I think that Seattle field is cursed for us. I NEVER want to play there again. It wasn't just the drops... we were cursed from the very start from the Felix fumble... and had everything from a botched snap... blocked punt... passed batted at the LOS... easy drops that 99% of the time are caught... and our guys were getting blindsided with big hits... on Dez in the middle... on Lee "OMG! How did he survive?"... just a lot of confusion on both sides of the ball...

I'm starting to think Romo's muffed extra point hold all those years back weren't because of him.

THAT FIELD IS HAUNTED!

On a more serious note... the OL did a helluva job improving on their penalties! Woo hoo!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lmao. I would love to buddy. Maybe one day. We'll watch a Magic game, see how that works.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lmao. I would love to buddy. Maybe one day. We'll watch a Magic game, see how that works.
OK, but we're not watching the lottery together! haha.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I know some of you don't like the thought...

But I'm stoked about this move:

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Mike Jenkins will get some looks at FS due to some injuries to Sensabaugh and Church.

It's something I've always wanted to see. He played some in college and he's showed flashes of being a ballhawk when he's facing the QB. I think we've seen more of his picks that way versus with his back to the QB.

Could be a blessing in disguise!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mike Jenkins will get some looks at FS due to some injuries to Sensabaugh and Church.

It's something I've always wanted to see. He played some in college and he's showed flashes of being a ballhawk when he's facing the QB. I think we've seen more of his picks that way versus with his back to the QB.

It was great to meet you D. The restaurant we went to was fantastic and what a great atmosphere! What a rough game to watch together. I appreciate you taking my father and I out for the game. Moth- he is right about the girls here!

I would love to see Jenkins get looks at free safety. He is of more use to us at FS than he would be on the bench. Jenkins has been one of our best secondary players over the last few years and it will be nice to see him back on the field. Like you said, it could be a blessing in disguise.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Skins lose Carriker and Orakpo for the year. Ouch.
Yikes. Huge blow to them with those two.

Quote:

I love it. Jenkins played well when healthy last year. Even though Claiborne is coming along well I still want a guy with Jenkins' talent out there. Since they want to keep Scandrick strictly in the slot this makes a lot of sense. Mike Jenkins is too good to play only in dime packages. He should be getting about 30 snaps at least when he's fully healthy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
It was great to meet you D. The restaurant we went to was fantastic and what a great atmosphere! What a rough game to watch together. I appreciate you taking my father and I out for the game. Moth- he is right about the girls here!

I would love to see Jenkins get looks at free safety. He is of more use to us at FS than he would be on the bench. Jenkins has been one of our best secondary players over the last few years and it will be nice to see him back on the field. Like you said, it could be a blessing in disguise.
Yeah, our waitress was a cutie wasn't she? Married men have no fun. haha jk.

Yup man, good to meet up with ya. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Hawaii. Wish I could've been a better host while you were here, but that weekend was real busy for me.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am surprised that more people are not complaining about our OL. After I was screaming at the TV for so long, my wife asked me why I was mad. I showed three plays in order, and broke down the pass protection for her. She doesn't know anything about football. But after I broke down the plays for her, she said "Geez, I don't know anything about football and I can see they don't block very well."

I think Romo is one of the best QB's in the league, but his blocking is horrendous. I can't believe there are so many people that don't recognize it.

A few notes...
Witten-OMG. I can say this is the first time i have ever said this about him. He was bad. Real bad. I guess everyone deserves to have one bad game, though.

I am done defending Felix. I was a huge fan of his coming our of Arkansas. And thought he did not get enough credit for what he did. But he has turned into nothing special. He was below average, and that is not good enough.

I thought the defense looked ok. I was wrong about Bruce. He looks pretty good to me.

But that OL. This is not good. I don't think they are NFL caliber.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about giving Bruce Carter his props. Man he could have really changed things if he made that pick because he had enough open space and speed to take it all the way to the end zone. Still it was a good play regardless, and he's quietly put together two pretty good games. They definitely have something there with him and Sean Lee together. This could mean very big things. The d-line was playing well, but they seemed to fade in the second half. If they can keep consistency the defense could really improve. This is where Rob disappointed me on Sunday. He wasn't aggressive at all. Against a rookie QB you should really throw a ton at him to get him confused. Losing Church could have had a big part in that, but it still reminds me of when he called a soft game against a quarterback who is notorious for being bad against blitzes in Vick.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have nightmares about Silva and McCray on the field together for an extended period of time. I'd love to see Jenkins have some success in some sort of role and get resigned but I think that ship has set sail. It will be interesting to see how much he is actually used, I think it will be under 10 snaps for sure.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I have nightmares about Silva and McCray on the field together for an extended period of time. I'd love to see Jenkins have some success in some sort of role and get resigned but I think that ship has set sail. It will be interesting to see how much he is actually used, I think it will be under 10 snaps for sure.
I don't know what you're basing that opinion on considering they haven't even had much of a chance yet. There's no repeated history of them getting abused yet.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what you're basing that opinion on considering they haven't even had much of a chance yet. There's no repeated history of them getting abused yet.
Two undrafted college free agents with a combined goose egg for starts and both made the team as major special teams contributors. Not to mention they have had limited reps working with Carr and Mo with the first team D and someone has to be in charge of adjustments in the secondary.

I'm gleaming with confidence.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but I don't expect smooth sailing, there is going to be some bumps in the road if our starters don't get healthy.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Two undrafted college free agents with a combined goose egg for starts and both made the team as major special teams contributors. Not to mention they have had limited reps working with Carr and Mo with the first team D and someone has to be in charge of adjustments in the secondary.

I'm gleaming with confidence.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but I don't expect smooth sailing, there is going to be some bumps in the road if our starters don't get healthy.
Nah, it's fair to be pessimistic. I'm a little bias since Silva is a Hawaii guy. ...but I wouldn't be in his corner if he was crappy at Hawaii. Dude had 8 picks in his senior year and 14 in his last 2 years. He has a knack for finding the ball. I'd be willing to give him a fair shot at making the adjustment to the NFL.

If you listened to Garrett's press conference, he said every man on the 53 man roster made the team for a reason and he has no reservations to limiting people to small roles based off inexperience.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

What I'm also worried about with McCray and Silva is that they're special teamers who can contribute big in that department. Church and Sensy really need to be healthy so that two aspects of the game isn't lacking. Good thing Jenkins could play some safety. I'm really looking forward to that. He may be a good find there. He's certainly got the talent, and with this being his contract year he'll probably have the motivation to showcase some versatility.