Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No cameras. I had a spare key in my wallet. The key had the car's logo on it and was parked in front. At least they didn't steal it.

I talked to the sheriff and apparently, I'm the 3rd apartment in this complex that's been broken into and they have been breaking into cars all week. Nobody notified me or posted any warnings. We're kinda fenced in, but no security or swipe cards so anybody can get into my complex. It pisses me off because it's 800+ a month for a single bedroom and is a really quiet and peaceful. It's been my favorite apartment so far.

They had to have been pros. I didn't hear ****. I had just got off work and was asleep at 11:00. I woke up at 5am because I was freezing my balls off, and then realized my stuff was gone. They had climbed up my balcony, turned my air conditioner up, grabbed the closest stuff they could find, and then climbed back down.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Jamaica, Queens.....not the island. Damn good Caribbean food though
So Queens is a borough, and Jamaica is apparently a part of queens (this is news to me). That means Jamaica is what, a neighborhood?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So Queens is a borough, and Jamaica is apparently a part of queens (this is news to me). That means Jamaica is what, a neighborhood?
Correct. You're learning! Just like in Manhattan there is the UWS, UES, SoHo, NoLITA, Chinatown, Little Italy, and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was the point of them messing with your A/C?
Old 08-31-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
What was the point of them messing with your A/C?
I assume the higher/lower you set it, the harder it has to work, the louder it gets. And since its a familiar noise, itll drown out any suspicious sounds. Just my guess.

My car got keyed, no idea when it happened. Its a little squiggle on the passenger door. Im still on my first car (going on 5 years) so it could be anyone from HS to now. Its about as low as it gets. Thinking it was a girl because I hope a guy would o about a problem differently.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I assume the higher/lower you set it, the harder it has to work, the louder it gets. And since its a familiar noise, itll drown out any suspicious sounds. Just my guess.
Exactly. Just random ambient noise to cover their footsteps. My bedroom is down another hallway with a fan in my bedroom too. 2 walls away.

And hopefully the person who keyed your car gets hit by a bus.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can understand some of y'all.

In the past 3 or so months I've had my car vandalized like 3 or 4 times. Stolen front bumper turn signals, stolen passenger side mirror, bent windshield wiper, and other little **** here and there.

******* Honda for making all these **** so easy to steal.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No cameras. I had a spare key in my wallet. The key had the car's logo on it and was parked in front. At least they didn't steal it.

I talked to the sheriff and apparently, I'm the 3rd apartment in this complex that's been broken into and they have been breaking into cars all week. Nobody notified me or posted any warnings. We're kinda fenced in, but no security or swipe cards so anybody can get into my complex. It pisses me off because it's 800+ a month for a single bedroom and is a really quiet and peaceful. It's been my favorite apartment so far.

They had to have been pros. I didn't hear ****. I had just got off work and was asleep at 11:00. I woke up at 5am because I was freezing my balls off, and then realized my stuff was gone. They had climbed up my balcony, turned my air conditioner up, grabbed the closest stuff they could find, and then climbed back down.
You don't have renter's insurance by chance? I've never used it but I've heard people say it only costs 10-15 bucks a month and it covers everything in your apartment if it gets stolen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I can understand some of y'all.

In the past 3 or so months I've had my car vandalized like 3 or 4 times. Stolen front bumper turn signals, stolen passenger side mirror, bent windshield wiper, and other little **** here and there.

******* Honda for making all these **** so easy to steal.
R4L mentioning his car grinds my gears.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That just shows you care.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
You don't have renter's insurance by chance? I've never used it but I've heard people say it only costs 10-15 bucks a month and it covers everything in your apartment if it gets stolen.
I don't. A buddy of mine had it and had a similar situation happen to him. He had his ps3, couple computers, and tv stolen. His insurance company refused to pay him anything.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-31-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
car breaks down constantly, gets vandalized constantly... it might be time to reconsider whether or not car ownership is for you.
It doesn't break down on its own. I fried a few things when I tried upgrading the ignition system. And also South Central LA doesn't help on the vandalized part =/

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
move north?
I would like to live in San Fran but I'm a no job, no money, broke 21yr old haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Oh...yea that I can probably do. Just need to find another job. Place I was working at went out of business.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When people do non-coffee related things in front of the coffee maker at work. I went in to fill up and two people were standing right in front of it conversing while one prepared some oatmeal. Then they give you this ****** look when you ask them to move.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
When people do non-coffee related things in front of the coffee maker at work. I went in to fill up and two people were standing right in front of it conversing while one prepared some oatmeal. Then they give you this ****** look when you ask them to move.
I'm with you on that one. Don't stand between me and my coffee.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm with you on that one. Don't stand between me and my coffee.
It's all that keeps me going until at least lunchtime. It also grinds my gears that the best we get is this nasty Colombian stuff...gross. It's free, so I can't complain that much, but seriously, it's awful.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All coffee is awful because it's coffee.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
All coffee is awful because it's coffee.
This.

I have never understood the coffee obsession.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't make it through an 8-10 hour day at work without coffee. If I'm not at work, I don't need coffee.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It hooks you. I drank it only sparingly through college, like if I needed something to help keep me up a few hours longer or something.

But right after I got out of college, I started working 8am-4pm and I am NOT a morning person. Never have been. And I was just braindead every morning I went in...I was living with my uncle at the time and he made coffee every morning, so I just started out with one cup before work. Eventually, I bought a travel mug and took some with me. Then I started topping it off with the work coffee....

And here I am two years later, unable to function in the morning unless I have coffee, and lots of it. I've learned the differences between good coffee and bad coffee....like, Dunkin Donuts and Sheetz have some awesome coffee while the work coffee is caffeinated piss.

Also, yeah, I rarely drink it if I'm not at work. Like on weekends, I rarely drink it unless I'm out for breakfast or something.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Coffee drinkers are just socially accepted drug addicts.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't drink coffee. Everyone else in my office thinks I'm crazy and they always ask me how I manage to get through the day. As a matter of fact, that's one of those things that really annoys me so its fitting for this thread haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote