Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vince Young Is Broke

Quote:
Six years ago, quarterback Vince Young became the third overall pick in the draft, signing a contract with the Titans that paid him $26 million.

Now, Young is out of the NFL — and out of money.

“I would just say that Vince needs a job ,” attorney Trey Dolezal told the Associated Press regarding Young’s financial situation.

Young has sued his former agent, Major Adams, and a financial planner, Ronnie Peoples. Young claims that they misappropriated $5.5 million, via forged signatures and impersonated phone calls and emails. Young also alleges that a $1.7 million lockout loan in 2011 was obtained in his name by Adams and Peoples.

“They conspired to take Vince’s money,” Dolezal said. “It’s that simple.”

Regardless of where the money went, the money is gone. And Dolezal thinks Young was dumped by the Bills because of the financial issues. “I wasn’t in the room when [the Bills] made a decision, but what would you think? It certainly wouldn’t help me if I’m the owner or the head coach knowing all this is going on with Vince and then he goes out and plays poorly,” Dolezal said.

The Bills declined comment on the reasons for cutting him. Regardless of the reason(s), the Bills didn’t want him — and no one else does, either.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oung-is-broke/

This has to be the first time in NFL history that the Rookie Of The Year ended up as a bust. It really stinks, too because I wanted him to suceed so badly. I had faith in this guy, his drive against the Cardinals in 2009 is maybe my favorite Titans moment since the Super Bowl run. There was actually a stretch of games between 2009 and 2010 where he looked like he was finally turning the corner.

But then the fallout with Fisher happened and it just continues to get worse and worse. The moral of the story is that you don't draft immature quarterbacks with intelligence issues. What are your thoughts on Vince Young and his downward spiral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Matt Leinart was a better pick. lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I knew Matt Leinart was a better pick. lol
It's amazing that no one involved in that Rose Bowl ever lived up to their potential in the NFL. Reggie Bush is finally putting it together but for the past five or six seasons, they were all colossal disappointments.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been less surprised about anything in my entire life.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I've never been less surprised about anything in my entire life.
Vince Young being broke or the Rose Bowl players all sucking?

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
It's amazing that no one involved in that Rose Bowl ever lived up to their potential in the NFL. Reggie Bush is finally putting it together but for the past five or six seasons, they were all colossal disappointments.
Well while he wasn't a high pick, Tarell Brown has become a pretty decent #2 corner for us here in San Francisco. He played in that game against USC.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vince Young being broke or the Rose Bowl players all sucking?
All of the above?

The percentage of Pro athletes that file for bankruptcy is insane.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best player out of that rose bowl???? ryan kalil?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The percentage of Pro athletes that file for bankruptcy is insane.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...64/1/index.htm

Quote:
• By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

• Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always said Cutler would be the best QB

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I always said Cutler would be the best QB
me too, but i didnt expect the other two to flop so hard either
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And that's what happens when you give a ton of money to an uneducated, immature athlete. I feel for him, because the people around him took advantage of his good nature, but it's also partly his fault for not surrounding himself with the right people. If you just tell someone "here, manage my finances", eventually they're gonna take a little free reign. A lot of it, usually. I hope he lands on his feet, he's a good guy, but he never really matured enough to be completely independent.
My quote from the week 2 discussion thread.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well while he wasn't a high pick, Tarell Brown has become a pretty decent #2 corner for us here in San Francisco. He played in that game against USC.
Considering he FINALLY looked decent just last year, I'd say a big no to that also.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jamaal Charles played. Michael Griffin had a huge INT that game, and he has been pretty darn good. Aaron Ross muffed a punt and can't stay injury free, so **** him. That Texas secondary was elite, and a handful of those guys are all still in the NFL as starters. Huff, Griffin, Thomas, Ross (he'd get PT if he wasn't hurt all the time).
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still under the belief that Leinart and Young's careers were handled extremely poorly.

Look how many chances/starts Alex Smith got and he's still the SF starter.

Reggie Bush just went to the wrong team.

Lendale White & Dwayne Jarrett flopped.

Last edited by soybean : 09-19-2012 at 03:52 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't Huff been pretty underwhelming?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He didn't turn into the elite safety people thought he would be, but he's a very solid guy. Enough that they didn't let him go after his contract was up.

And i agree, both Young's and Leinart's careers were both mismanaged from the beginning. Tennessee's coaching staff had to put up with Young without actually wanting him initially, and Leinart screwed the pooch with his coaching staff by holding out. Then Whisenhunt came in and hated him.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also starting to think that Reggie Bush really just went to the wrong team.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

houston then is nothing like houston now but kubiak really implemented that zone blocking scheme to perfection over the years (a lot of disappointing ones) but damn could imagine reggie behind that line now in that offense. Mario was the better pick to build a franchise around, just something to think about
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think the Saints were just trying too hard to make him a gadget guy instead of using him as a RB. And i don't know how good their offensive line was back then in the running game.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jamaal Charles played. Michael Griffin had a huge INT that game, and he has been pretty darn good. Aaron Ross muffed a punt and can't stay injury free, so **** him. That Texas secondary was elite, and a handful of those guys are all still in the NFL as starters. Huff, Griffin, Thomas, Ross (he'd get PT if he wasn't hurt all the time).
Another guy who has become a great player is Henry Melton although back then he was a RB lol. But he is a damn good DT.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
houston then is nothing like houston now but kubiak really implemented that zone blocking scheme to perfection over the years (a lot of disappointing ones) but damn could imagine reggie behind that line now in that offense. Mario was the better pick to build a franchise around, just something to think about
I'm not Reggie Bush is that kind of runner, though. Arian Foster works perfectly in that offense because he's a cut and go kinda guy. Not the shifty jukey kinda runner. Demarco Murray would do wonders in that offensive scheme.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
Another guy who has become a great player is Henry Melton although back then he was a RB lol. But he is a damn good DT.
Yup, big Henry was our goal line back, and he did a hell of a good job at it. Scored 10 touchdowns his Freshman year before he was moved to DT as a Jr, when there was no chance he was gonna be getting any more carries.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY was always one of my favorite players so its a shame to hear about what has happened. He probably should have sat a few years behind a good veteran aka not Kerry Collins. Also if he had a coach that actually wanted him that might have helped and maybe he could have become a good player.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm also starting to think that Reggie Bush really just went to the wrong team.
I don't necessarily think it was the wrong team but he had to evolved into the runner that he is now. It's not like the Saints didn't give him chances to be the guy but he physically and mentally, he wasn't ready to be a guy who ran between the tackles with regularity. And when he did start to evolve his game, the Saints had already pegged him in that pass-catcher/3rd down role and didn't really have use for him other than that. Moving on to Miami, who really didn't have anything at RB other than Bush(sorry Daniel Thomas), allowed him to flourish without prejudice of his past role with the Saints.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-19-2012 at 04:39 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote