Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

panthers at home with the giants without nicks and bradshaw could get ugly
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Cool gif of Justin Smith causing havoc.

Explain to me again why the Bengals let this guy go.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Explain to me again why the Bengals let this guy go.
I guess because they're the Bengals. I hope Lawson, Clements, and Mays are working out for them.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Bengals defense, Smith never looked as good with them as he has with us. And I think Lawson and Clements are solid starters for them.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was playing 43 DE at Cincy, no? 34 is a much better fit for him.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
He was playing 43 DE at Cincy, no? 34 is a much better fit for him.
Yeah, he was never a big pass-rusher as a end. He was always more stout versus the run. What's crazy is I remember reading a article that LeBeau loved Cowboy coming out of college and wanted to bulk him up and turn him into a 5-Tech. That's why we put the full court press on him when he became a free agent. Nolan heard LeBeau and the Steelers might have interest in him too. So he was the first person we called at midnight once free agency began that year and flew him in that same morning and didn't let him leave without a contract done.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Big 'ol list of tryouts from this week in case you're interested:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-chad-or-t-o/

For the lazy:
Pretty shocked to see the Niners weren't one of those teams looking for pass-rushers. With Haggans being suspended, we basically have two OLBs on our roster. We're a injury away from being royally ******. We need some bodies there.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Pretty shocked to see the Niners weren't one of those teams looking for pass-rushers. With Haggans being suspended, we basically have two OLBs on our roster. We're a injury away from being royally ******. We need some bodies there.
We could always line Bruce Miller up at OLB
Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Any advice for whom to take for a survivor league? I already took Chicago and Cincinnati. I'm pretty confident Green Bay will beat Seattle but I don't like taking road teams.
I think GB will beat Seattle too but I'm only about 75% sure. Seattle is a really, really good home team. That week 1 loss to Arizona doesn't look so bad anymore either...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Any advice for whom to take for a survivor league? I already took Chicago and Cincinnati. I'm pretty confident Green Bay will beat Seattle but I don't like taking road teams.
Don't ever go against @Seattle. Seattle has one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. Also (not relevant here) don't take east coast teams going west (and playing late) or west coast teams going east (and playing early) .

I think Buffalo (@Cleveland) is a safe play.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cleveland beats Buffalo actually.

If it were me I'd take the Saints at home against KC. Desperation game at home against what has been the worst team in the league so far.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be flat out shocked if KC won against the Saints. The Chiefs haven't won in NO since Montana was our QB, so..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to see if the Rams can continue playing solid football. It's two games in a row now, I'm not used to this. I'm used to the Rams playing one good game.....followed by 75 bad ones.

Michael Bush scares me, we NEED Michael Brockers back.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith was here during the Bresnahan years. Where a DE was a DE and a DT was a DT. No kicking inside on passing downs.

He just wasn't worth the money as a 4-3 rush end then. Under Zimmer where our DE's kick in on passing downs, I would love to have him back. But when he was here, wasn't worth it for less than 10 sacks from your DE.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills are actually pretty terrible on the road. Lost 8 straight away from home. The last 6 have been by an average of 24 points. Eep.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fire rises...

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Don't ever go against @Seattle. Seattle has one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. Also (not relevant here) don't take east coast teams going west (and playing late) or west coast teams going east (and playing early) .

I think Buffalo (@Cleveland) is a safe play.
Eh, they went 4-4 last year at home and lost to Rex Grossman in Seattle. If you're not confident about your other alternatives don't be scared about picking against Seattle just because they are at home.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs should start Stanzi from here on out.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm interested to see if the Rams can continue playing solid football. It's two games in a row now, I'm not used to this. I'm used to the Rams playing one good game.....followed by 75 bad ones.

Michael Bush scares me, we NEED Michael Brockers back.
How has brockers looked in general? I liked him coming out
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Chiefs should start Stanzi from here on out.
That would make an already bad situation worse. Chiefs are just going to have to ride it out with Cassel. There is no other option.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone think they can find a gif of Patrick Peterson pushing the RT back into the RB for a 5 yard loss vs NE

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JSmith was good here he just kinda put his foot in his mouth after he got drafted by saying he would have 18 sacks his rookie year. He was a stud against the run and did get some solid pressure but it didn't result in high sack totals. Most Bengals fans disliked him though because sacks=winzzzzz apparently.

78 is right though he would have been better utilized nowadays in Zim's defense, but I do wish we would've held onto him. Glad to see him and another hated Bengal in Ahmad Brooks are dominating out there though. We were too stupid to just let Brooksy go play and rush the QB instead of trying to force him to learn a whole new position on the fly. Another guy that didn't really "fit" into our defense supposedly.

Clements has been the only CB on this team aside from Leon that's worth a damn this season. I really don't like Lawson all that much but since Howard went down he's easily our best LBer at the moment. Wish they would blitz him more as we're getting max protected/quick tossed on nearly every passing play. He's very effective getting after the QB from deep.

In better news it looks like we're gonna get one of our best defensive players back in Carlos Dunlap this week. He's the only guy that will be able to keep RGIII from running all over us so I hope it really happens.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yeah, he was never a big pass-rusher as a end. He was always more stout versus the run. What's crazy is I remember reading a article that LeBeau loved Cowboy coming out of college and wanted to bulk him up and turn him into a 5-Tech. That's why we put the full court press on him when he became a free agent. Nolan heard LeBeau and the Steelers might have interest in him too. So he was the first person we called at midnight once free agency began that year and flew him in that same morning and didn't let him leave without a contract done.
oh i remember this....he would have been an incredible replacement for aaron smith.

no worries tho, we have evander ******* hood
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
JSmith was good here he just kinda put his foot in his mouth after he got drafted by saying he would have 18 sacks his rookie year. He was a stud against the run and did get some solid pressure but it didn't result in high sack totals. Most Bengals fans disliked him though because sacks=winzzzzz apparently.

78 is right though he would have been better utilized nowadays in Zim's defense, but I do wish we would've held onto him. Glad to see him and another hated Bengal in Ahmad Brooks are dominating out there though. We were too stupid to just let Brooksy go play and rush the QB instead of trying to force him to learn a whole new position on the fly. Another guy that didn't really "fit" into our defense supposedly.

Clements has been the only CB on this team aside from Leon that's worth a damn this season. I really don't like Lawson all that much but since Howard went down he's easily our best LBer at the moment. Wish they would blitz him more as we're getting max protected/quick tossed on nearly every passing play. He's very effective getting after the QB from deep.

In better news it looks like we're gonna get one of our best defensive players back in Carlos Dunlap this week. He's the only guy that will be able to keep RGIII from running all over us so I hope it really happens.
Don't be surprised if Lawson does nothing when rushing the passer. At least here he was terrible. But fans in San Francisco, some anyways, were quick to try and say he was better than reality suggested and brought up how many times he "hurried" the passer and how well he was in coverage. Still hard to believe some folks were cool with the fact that we drafted a coverage outside linebacker that couldn't rush the passer with the 22nd overall selection

He could do everything but sack the quarterback, which he was drafted to do. I still remember Manny Lawson wanting a fat new contract from the 49ers when he hadn't done anything significant.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Alex Smith will be fined $15,000 if he keeps wearing San Francisco Giants hats during interviews,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...orting-giants/

Quote:
The league considers non-NFL items non-sponsored gear, and players can’t appear wearing it 90 minutes before or after games.
So either NFL gear or naked