Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 3: 49ers at Vikings

Week 3:
Sunday, September 23, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
At
Minnesota Vikings (1-1)

Time: 10:00 am pst
Line: SF -6.5
Announcers (FOX): Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa

I’ll be honest. I didn’t expect this team to be 2-0. I really didn’t think they’d go into Lambeau and win. And if they somehow pulled that off, that they’d avoid the letdown and beat the Lions and their vaunted offense. Really didn’t see it happening.

It happened.

So what now? I took another look at the schedule, and all of a sudden, it really doesn’t look as difficult as I previously viewed it. I mean, when you walk into Lambeau and dominate a team that went 15-1 last year, that will severely change your thoughts on their capabilities. Not that I was worried about this particular game prior to the season, but going to Minnesota hasn’t always been … fun successful.

I remember the last time the 9ers went into Minnesota.

This happened:

Yeah, that didn’t suck or anything. I’m pretty sure Favre could come out of retirement and still find a way to beat SF. **** that guy.

Then, as I tried to remember the previous time the 9ers went to Minnesota, I thought of the highly anticipated T.O. vs. Randy game in 2003 where this happened:

Player/ Rec/ Yards/ TDs
Owens 5 55 0
Moss 8 172 3

This was the game where T.O. officially became dead to me. He didn’t give a crap that the 9ers got smoked that game. All he cared about was that America just witnessed Randy Moss take a gigantic crap all over the Niners and T.O. did nothing. Randy scored TDs, T.O. threw tantrums. That’s pretty much how I remember it all going down … throughout their careers.

This might be the most boring gameday thread of the year. Sorry. There really isn’t much to discuss. The 9ers are better across the board. There is just nothing I must include. I guess we can go with:

The Vikings best player is still this guy:

And yet, he still has to face this

That will definitely make you scratch your head

I guess I should worry about this guy:

But I just don’t seem too worried because of this

I actually don’t hate Christian Ponder … for his quarterbacking abilities. I hate him because he humps this at night:

Yep, this gameday thread still sucks. There is just nothing interesting to write about. So, here are some .gifs. Enjoy the game.

Standings:

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
1. Arizona Cardinals (2-0)
3. Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
3. St. Louis Rams (1-1)

NFC North
1. Detroit Lions (1-1)
1. Chicago Bears (1-1)
1. Minnesota Vikings (1-1)
1. Green Bay Packers (1-1)

Special Note:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.

Last edited by Borat : 09-20-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... yeah...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-20-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember that game in 2003. It was before the season officially became a disaster. The 49ers and Vikings were going to duke it out in a potential shootout. Instead, the 49ers rolled over and the Vikings take a huge dump on them. I remember from the get-go it was turning out to be a long day. I don't think Culpepper even played in that game. It was Gus Frerotte. I still have the image in my mind of 5'11'' Ahmad Plummer being left on an island to guard Randy Moss on a fade route into the endzone, which of course didn't work out for the 49ers. Man that game sucked ass. After that the 2003 49ers officially went down the tiolet. LOL remember Bill Lafleur kept fumbling the hold on kicks that season? LMAO what a failure of a year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I remember that game in 2003. It was before the season officially became a disaster. The 49ers and Vikings were going to duke it out in a potential shootout. Instead, the 49ers rolled over and the Vikings take a huge dump on them. I remember from the get-go it was turning out to be a long day. I don't think Culpepper even played in that game. It was Gus Frerotte. I still have the image in my mind of 5'11'' Ahmad Plummer being left on an island to guard Randy Moss on a fade route into the endzone, which of course didn't work out for the 49ers. Man that game sucked ass. After that the 2003 49ers officially went down the tiolet. LOL remember Bill Lafleur kept fumbling the hold on kicks that season? LMAO what a failure of a year.
Good old Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue. ******* hate those guys.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that Kacie McDonnell broke up with Ponder?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals (2-0)
2. San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
3. St. Louis Rams (1-1)
4. Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
fixed that for ya :)

Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know it is hanged and not hung, right fenikz?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually looking forward to this game because it could be a trap game and im hoping we come out crushing the Vikings from the start and hope our defense gives up ten points or less because giving up 20.5ppg isnt good and yeah, it should be lower because of missed calls, zone prevent defense but still. I want to see us CRUSH the Vikings. I'm also hoping that Moss is finally unchained. If he has anything left, Harbaugh should let him show it. If he doesnt, then why even have him on the team because eventually, he'll lose interest and thus, become a problem. Hopefully, he has an excellent game that keeps him happy for a few more weeks.

Looking at the schedule, we should hopefully be 5-0 going into the Giants game in SF. I'll be disappointed if we're not. We should definitely get to at least 12 wins, possibly 13 or 14. I dont think that there's any team in the league who can beat us unless we beat ourselves.

As for 2003, I remember that game was horrible and T.O. did nothing but did Garcia play? I know that season was a disaster and back then, I knew the team was going to rebuild after that season and was hoping that we would have finished 4-12 or worse and trade up for Eli Manning. Some may not agree or like it but after starting 1-3, I was hoping the team would just give up and lose as many games as possible. I knew after watching that Browns game when we tried a FB run up the middle on 4th and Goal with Beasley and didnt get it, that we were close to done. Losing that game and the Vikings game just enforced that feeling.

Oh well, that was a LONG time ago and this time, we should crush the Vikings like they did to us nine years ago so it evens out. :)
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
He's a Cardinals fan...did you really expect him to get that right??? LOL.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As for 2003, I remember that game was horrible and T.O. did nothing but did Garcia play? I know that season was a disaster and back then, I knew the team was going to rebuild after that season and was hoping that we would have finished 4-12 or worse and trade up for Eli Manning. Some may not agree or like it but after starting 1-3, I was hoping the team would just give up and lose as many games as possible. I knew after watching that Browns game when we tried a FB run up the middle on 4th and Goal with Beasley and didnt get it, that we were close to done. Losing that game and the Vikings game just enforced that feeling.
Garcia did play. He threw three interceptions. He was then replaced by Rattay.

Oh and football players will never mail it in. Why would they? People are fighting for jobs all the time whether it's for their current team or another. Hoping a team will give up is a false hope all together. It never and will never happen.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
He's a Cardinals fan...did you really expect him to get that right??? LOL.
Dan, let's not be mean, we have a few posters who have the writing skills of a child.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dan, let's not be mean, we have a few posters who have the writing skills of a child.
This is insulting to my children.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Cue Ninernation
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Sportscenter just showed all 3 of those TDs to Moss in the 2003 game. He beat Plummer, Bronson and finally Parrish. All from Gus Frerotte

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
song lyrics, do you really want me to change them for grammar purposes?

Last edited by fenikz : 09-21-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
LOL. Sportscenter just showed all 3 of those TDs to Moss in the 2003 game. He beat Plummer, Bronson and finally Parrish. All from Gus Frerotte
Wow. Really....geez...

And I think Frerotte had four touchdowns or something that day. Three of them to Moss.

To be fair, Moss was unstoppable that season. Still, the 49ers should have at least been competitive in that game. Instead they looked unprepared.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-21-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
No 10101010

Old 09-21-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way the 49ers have lost their last six trips to the Metrodome. The last time they won there was in December of 1990.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wow. Really....geez...

And I think Frerotte had four touchdowns or something that day. Three of them to Moss.

To be fair, Moss was unstoppable that season. Still, the 49ers should have at least been competitive in that game. Instead they looked unprepared.

Frerotte: 16 for 21 for 267 and 4 TDs. Passer rating of 157.2 (nearly perfect). Minnesota scored on 4 of their 5 first half possessions. Garcia: 11-for-23 for 108 yards. This game was a rape.

Also:

Owens: 5 for 55
Streets: 4 for 81, 1 TD

Game Recap

Quote:
Owens, who criticized the play-calling and pass protection in a postgame rant last week, stormed off the field after Kevan Barlow was stuffed for a 1-yard loss on fourth-and-1 at the Minnesota 31 late in the third.

Owens flung his helmet on the sideline and continued to scream. He was still frustrated afterward in the locker room -- lamenting the Vikings' ability to involve their star receiver, Moss, while his team continued to struggle getting him the ball.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Owens was a jackass. If only he had the mindset of Jerry Rice (who he actually worked with) or an Issac Bruce. He had the potential to be the greatest receiver of all time, but he pissed it all away and now look where he's at. Rice would probably get a job before he did if he decided to come out of retirement.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Yes (10 char)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

To hell with what happened almost a decade ago. What's important is NOW and this team should CRUSH the Vikings without any problems whatsoever.

49ers 38
Vikings 10
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Well that was certainly an interesting debate in the week three thread. I wish some of the users had actually read what I posted instead of just responding, it even seemed like many who did that actually agreed with most of what I was saying. Oh well. On to Minnesota. Let Alex keep up his play from the first two weeks and eventually prove that he can be an elite QB.

P.S. I didn't know Shaun Hill was so hated around here. I mean, the guy isn't great and isn't going to win you many games by himself but he isn't going to lose you any as well. There are at least 10 teams who would rather have someone like that over what they have now.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-22-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well that game sucked. 49ers just can't win in Minnesota.

Anyways, some hilarious comments on the main board:

Quote:
team needs:
1.qb
2.left tackle
3.pass rush specialist
4.cornerback
5.pass rush specialist
6. cornerback
7.head coach
Quote:
Alex Smith is a joke. **** him. **** him so hard.

Elite? ELITE?!?! Are you serious?! Finally, he has been exposed
Quote:
ELITE MY A**.. Elite Qb's make plays down field. 5 yard passes all **** day. lmao
Quote:
Well, I had no idea how long it could last... apparently not as long as we wished.
Quote:
Wow. How dare you compare Alex Smith to Steve Young. Alex is not 1/10th the QB that Young was

Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Dammit Ness. This is a .com free zone. Let's keep it that way. :)

Closed Thread