Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-21-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now because of the CBA, and limited years on contracts and such. If a player shines you have to investigate that road and see how he does. Worst thing to do is not play the guy when he shows it or shines, and then that player realizes, why re-sign with the Giants? I can go somewhere else and start.

Barden's situation is exactly like that. If I am his agent I hear money sounds. My client showed the league, in a nationally televised game, that he can play. So the Giants better play my client more, because we are not re-signing on a team to waste more years on my clients career's shelf life.

So that's how I see it. Play barden and see because Hixon isn't the long term plan. Barden could be.. Same with J.J. Can we at least see what we have in him?

Because of the new CBA we can't develop players for 21931982 years now. If a player shines, it's our obligation to investigate the potential talent and see if it was a one time thing or have we "hit" on this guy?

Basically it comes down to the issue of don't mismanage potential talent.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Barden will be the guy opposite Nicks, when everyone's healthy and Cruz goes into the slot, but if Cruz goes down Ramses isn't going to replace him in the slot. That's why Hixon still has a role on this team, he can play inside as well as out.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's tough for our guys because of the talent we have though. It's hard for them to even get an opportunity. If it's for only a game then they have to take advantage of it for them to get more time. It's a good problem to have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

know what's really nice now? Over a week to rest and prepare for Philly. Nicks will have had 2 weeks of rest, Rolle and Hosley can heal a bit, everyone who's banged up has a lot of recovery time so we can go in strong against Philly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah! The player interview are going on now and then Coughlin so we should have some injury updates within the hour. Rolle, Hosley, Rivers, Tuck are the big ones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm sure Barden will be the guy opposite Nicks, when everyone's healthy and Cruz goes into the slot, but if Cruz goes down Ramses isn't going to replace him in the slot. That's why Hixon still has a role on this team, he can play inside as well as out.
Then let Hixon fight with JJ for that Slot. Also, RR is there as well. Basically allow our guys to be seen to see can evaluate them. Hixon isn't versatile, however he is not the long term fix. Let's see what our younger guys have before we make a decision.

I think Dallas did that too early with bennett. I think they could have done a better job developing him. But Pope > garrett.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My advice to all of us: Calm down.

Quite frankly, there was very little to take from that game. Carolina didn't show up. That was too easy.

And all the good signs we've seen the past 2 weeks need to be taken with a grain of salt as well. We won't know if we truly improved until we play Philly.

Yes, our rush offense looks much improved. And there's no denying that Andre Brown is hitting the holes, cutting, and dancing less than Bradshaw. It also looks like the run blocking is improving.

But we also went against 2 of the worst run defenses in the league last year. We went against 2 teams that have no DEs who can generate pressure, so our pass pro looked better than it is as well.

So while the OL looks like HOFers the past 2 games, and the run game looked great, keep that in mind. We didn't exactly go against the 85 bears.

Defensively, we look better when getting healthy DBs. Prince looks good, Hosely looks like he's going to be a steal.

But watching Osi try to set the edge is painful to watch. All their positive run plays were simply run at Osi.

And Barden. Freakin Barden. Whoopidy doo. He still sucks. He can't get separation, the Panthers DBs are doo doo, and they left the seams open all night, so he just attacked the seams.

He's slow as ****. Let's calm down about Barden. Let him show it to us this week vs Philly.

And who gives a **** about letting rookies plays. You want them to play? Then tell them to play better. Bottom line. We have great success building depth because of how we coach up young players. The method works, just because we don't get to see it doesn't mean we should change it. Players earn playing time.

These coaches see every practice, every TC rep, every classroom lesson etc. They know who should play. And who earned it.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well who peed in BBD's coffee this morning?

That was rather depressing to read. I don't think any of us are saying that game is how we expect to play every week.

I think there is a lot to take from these games. Carolina made mince meat of New Orleans last week and our defense shut them down.

A lot of good positives. And no one is saying Barden is a HOFer or anything. He had a great game and hopefully it gives Eli some confidence throwing to him with Nicks back.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you knew BBD would do that though haha. saw that coming a mile away
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't see any Saints WR putting up the numbers that Barden did. I said 50 catches for him this year and I'm sticking by it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

HAHAH BBD! LOL.

It's a good start for Barden. It's damned if you fail, and damned if you do well. If you fail, we shall curse you, but if you do well, even against that level of competition, then curse you some more!

Just like in a two back system, if you do well, then it's only because the 1st RB "loosened" up the defense. Jacobs did well, because Tiki loosened up the defense. Bradshaw did well because Jacobs wore the defense down. So always knock the 2nd RB, if he does well. But if the 2nd RB fails, then we trash him anyways.

Same thing here. Barden did well, and let's use this as a positive step in the right direction. Let's allow him and Brown more PT and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was saying the same thing about Barden, he did well, but the panther's DBs are terrible. Barden made plays we should expect him and most other widereceivers to do.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

haha you guys are ridiculous. In the first 2 games no other WR or TE put up those kind of numbers against that D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but it's so obvious the Panthers didn't bring their A game that day. They're not that bad. Yes we played flawlessly, but they also played like dogshit. They're better than that.

And you guys love my rants. All I'm saying is, don't sip the kool aid just yet. We need to see how this team plays vs elite competition.

I saw positives, but we're not on the road to the Super Bowl just yet.

I am thrilled with Andre Brown though. I almost wish we lost Bradshaw for an extended period of time. But now he's gonna take half of Brown's snaps away.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No one is sipping anything. We did what we had to do on the road against an inferior D in 4 days. People stepped up like they are supposed to on this team. Keep it rolling now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=74223

Audio and video of the Coughlin-Schiano exchange
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Dear Perry Fewell,

Blitz Vick up the middle ALL DAY.

Please? Don't be a ****** this week. I seriously hate you so much.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ugh, sunday night game just realized.

NYC team, defending champs = minimal nice 1pm Sunday games.

Big time first world (champs) problem
Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel we have a good chance against the Iggles. I know they usually own us but they honestly are not that good. They were overhyped coming into the year again. Like BBD has said in the past, since his first few weeks of play, Vick really has not bad that good. He has continued to decline and has been turning the ball over at an incredible rate. He's been really bad this year.

They're just overrated. They should probably be 0-3. They almost lost to the Browns...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I feel we have a good chance against the Iggles. I know they usually own us but they honestly are not that good. They were overhyped coming into the year again. Like BBD has said in the past, since his first few weeks of play, Vick really has not bad that good. He has continued to decline and has been turning the ball over at an incredible rate. He's been really bad this year.

They're just overrated. They should probably be 0-3. They almost lost to the Browns...
I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves but honestly the Eagles suck. They should be 0-3 it's shocking how they have squeaked to 2-1. They own us historically the last few years, but right now we should spank them if Fewell doesn't go full ****** and Eli doesn't get bored. Maybe some decent redzone play calling by Gilbride would be nice, but that's not necessary since that doesn't seem to be a part of our super bowl formula.

We better win this weekend. I'll be enraged if we don't.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the Cowboys took a knee yesterday. That pissed me off, after Jones said the play should be disallowed.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garrett and Jones aren't getting along.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Garrett and Jones aren't getting along.
I see. And Schiano was douchey again. Did you see that article on how he used to treat the NFL scouts when they came to Rutgers?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That article was pure BS. A kill piece for no reason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not impressed with the Eagles either, but we all know, they can turn it around instantly. Never count out an Andy Reid team. He always gets them together just when you think they're dead.

We have to blitz Vick all day long. I really hope Fewell doesn't play him conservative. Vick can't handle A gap pressure, we need to hammer the A gap all game. Our Ends can create edge pressure, let them do their thing. But blitz that A gap all night long.

Jam those WRs and blitz the A gap. We have to keep forcing turnovers vs them, bc if they don't turn it over vs us, it could be a tough game. I know we'll turn it over vs them, Eli always does. Philly just frustrates him like no other team. So we have to win that turnover battle. We gotta force sacks and turnovers.

This game is always close, and always ugly. I really hope we can pull it out. We can't lose 2 division games so early in the season. Can't do it.