Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-21-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Casey Pachall - QB - TCU

Casey Pachall
6'5

Pachall has a unique personality that resembles that of a grouchy, gritty Philip Rivers. He has the natural skill set of a Big Ben. But who is Casey Pachall? How does his game translate?

I think he will be a first rounder next year after having a monstrous rs. Jr Year. He has a very good arm, smooth effortless arm action even though its not 100% over the top. He has the mobility to use in run action fakes but the past part is to slam the edges on those 15-25 yard throws to the sidelines. He has a very good arm and shows solid anticipatory skills.

I like his game a lot. It is hard for me to compare his natural abilities. I have him rated as my third overall available QB next year and could end up number 2 behind Tyler Wilson.

Please watch his bowl game tonight and take notes of this kid, BEAST.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice scouting report, +rep. Pachall was impressive against Baylor this year; definitely one to keep an eye on tonight.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bored of education....if you're the leader of the Casey Pachall bandwagon, I call being second in command. :D

This guy is the real deal. Very solid athlete, good size, an NFL arm and has been a very accurate and efficient passer this year. His attitude may turn some people off but I like it. He definitely looks to have the makings of a future first round pick. As for a comparison, physically, maybe a taller Tony Romo? Hmmm I'll have to think about it.

Right now, I'm really loving the potential of the 2013 QB class.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-22-2011 at 12:21 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's big, mobile, has a good arm, and is pretty accurate. Haven't seen enough of him to say anything else, but it those things certainly count for a lot. I'm excited to get a look at him tonight too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He throws so well inside and outside of the pocket. You rarely see someone that can do both very well. I want to see how he anticipates his receivers, does he throw them open or does he wait until he sees them open after they make their breaks/moves.

Amped for tonights game!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll get a better feel for him after this game but his skillset and movement remind me of a more athletic Matty Ice.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice third down throw... bad drop. Ouch.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I agree solid throw, nice zip, good timing. VERY BAD DROP!
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colby Camerson is making some nice throws tonight, too. Sleeper for next year? Eh?

Just got the starting job midway through this season and has had a couple huge games against the likes of Fresno State and Nevada.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Pachall's receivers are not helping him out very much tonight. Man. That's frustrating.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Yes, I agree. Ughh. Still in this game and the whole TCU team minus the punter and Pachall are still on the bus/plane
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

That last touchdown throw was really nice. He had several throws tonight go off his receiver's hands tonight. Had nice touch on his deep ball and looked good throwing it when he didn't have much time to do so. Liked how he quickly got out to his left and got the ball off on the aforementioned throw; hard to do for a right-handed QB, and he did it with the rush coming fast. I think it was probably his best play of the night. Definitely some ability there. I liked what I saw tonight, despite it not being a very impressive showing overall by the TCU offense.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight didn't really tell me much either way. Obviously, his receivers didn't really help him out very much with the early drops. The entire TCU team looked like they were just going through the motions, actually(took them way too long to realize they were bigger, faster, and stronger than Louisiana Tech)...but some of it was on him for sure. His throws down the field weren't really all that impressive. He showed good touch on some of them, but he didn't put the ball where it needed to be every time and seemed to be half a step late getting the ball out on a few.

There's still a lot to like about him, obviously. Just a bit disappointed by his performance. We've seen him play better in bigger moments already through.

The one real thing I'm concerned about so far is his arm. He's not the type of guy who really rips it every attempt, but the velocity on some of these throws(especially down the field) doesn't seem to be as good as advertised.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-22-2011 at 01:01 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Yeah, he really didn't blow me away, but didn't really hurt himself either. If we're talking about him as a potential first or second-rounder next year, watching him tonight just makes me think, "Eh, maybe. Show me some more."
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be real. He wasn't on target with all those dropped passes. Several were a couple feet off. Don't just blame the WRs and give him a pass. He has A LOT to improve upon before crownage.

LaTech is not that good either btw. Even Hawaii smashed them.

That said... I would've been happier with him if he covered the spread. LOL.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-22-2011 at 11:08 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Casey Pachall was 9-9, 3 TDs, 201 yards in a game vs. the juggernaut that is Grambling St.

If Casey blows up this year and follows up last years amazing campaign can Casey Pachall be a 1st round pic?

Even with his off the field issues where he admitted to using substances deemed illegal by most forms of government. Can his candor be applauded or will it be lauded?

I still think he can become a 1st round pick.
Quote:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

If it wasn't for the 2 red zone fumbles I would then say Casey Pachall had an A+ game. He threw with accuracy and velocity. His o line didnt play well but through well under pressure. Good ball placement and location. I really think this guy could end up in the last first-mid 2nd around 30-45 range.

The last 5 games of the season is where Pachall will earn his draft grade:
@ Okie St
@ W. Va
vs. K State
@ Texas
vs. OU
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big fan of Pachall, but I think he should and will stay in college for his senior year. And if he does stay, I think he can legitimately compete with Bray, Murray, Thomas (if they don't leave this year) and Mettenberger for the top QB for the 2014 draft.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he snorted coke, I don't see he going to skip senior campaign.

Is that a good reason?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I think he may be forced to declare. Then will be drafted in 2nd-3rd round. Sit a year or two in a situation similar to that of Foles last year. Pachall is a much better Qb than Foles and projects better.

Today he was getting hit a lot, the oline let up too many pressures. He throw some strikes to the opposite sideline, had some very good catches by his wideouts.
Quote:
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw on twitter that the only big 12 qbs to ever have a higher passer rating through 3 games were Bradford and rg3.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DWI last night for Casey

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Goddamnit Casey. On the field, he might be as high as my #3 QB in this class but he just makes such ****** decisions off that field that you just can't trust him.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey gotta chill out.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has talent but he puts himself in some really tough spots. What the hell is goin on at TCU?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote