Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be epic... I think WWE is getting really good at doing these and this one should be awesome.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wa...n-into-acting/

Quote:
A clip from the upcoming CM Punk: Best in the World DVD has surfaced online, and features Paul Heyman, The Miz, and clips of CM Punk inOVW. The clip is embedded below:
Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man I hope Kane & Daniel Bryan NEVER lose the tag belts.these guys are gold right now
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/be...x-leaving-wwe/

Quote:
We’re still working on the details but as of this writing Beth Phoenix intends to leave WWE when her contract expires next month.

As always, nothing is 100% until it actually happens but word coming out this week is she has given her notice she won’t be seeking a new contract.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if they'll go Cody/Sandow full time in the tag division. They need a strong heel team/could continue the stupid mask angle.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Big Show has been working as a Babyface at WWE house shows feuding with Punk... *Sigh*
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Big Show has been working as a Babyface at WWE house shows feuding with Punk... *Sigh*
Nope, nope, nope nuh uh nope nope.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
****. They better not ruin HIAC.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#WhyNotMick?

Seriously. Big Show, a 7 foot 500 pound giant vs. a 5'11 200 technician. Who would be the logical guy to root for?

Hell, Taker could be in shape. GET PUNK SOME HEAT, don't just roll out a nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
#WhyNotMick?

Seriously. Big Show, a 7 foot 500 pound giant vs. a 5'11 200 technician. Who would be the logical guy to root for?

Hell, Taker could be in shape. GET PUNK SOME HEAT, don't just roll out a nobody.
Big Show already beat the entire Straight Edge Society then squashed Punk in Chicago in a short span. And Taker/Punk have zero chemistry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-22-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Big Show already beat the entire Straight Edge Society then squashed Punk in Chicago in a short span. And Taker/Punk have zero chemistry.
Yeah that was messed up. I just don't like the Big Show and don't think this does anyone any favors. Especially a Hell in a Cell match.

Forgot that Taker/Punk didn't work all that great before.

There has to be a better fit than the Big Show, though.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

On "The Ryback"

This feud with the Miz is absolutely perfect and, if they do it right, could propel him to the upper mid-card with the IC title, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

How I'd book it:

Build to HIAC: The Miz does MizTV again and he tries to ambush The Ryback, only to have it not work. The Miz flees. The next show, have a fatal 4 way to decide the IC challenger at Hell in a Cell, with the Miz on commentary. The Ryback wins and stares down the Miz, who is trying to act tough. Until HIAC, cue the Miz trying to enlist help from people who lose to The Ryback on how to beat him/trying to get out of the match, but both of those lead him nowhere. The story is The Ryback must have a weakness and the Miz just can't find it.

Hell in a Cell: The Miz tries to do the typical Miz things but nothing does the trick and The Ryback looks dominant in the win.

Between HIAC and SS: The Miz has his title rematch but is waiting to use it until he knows how to beat him. To do that, he finally enlists the help of the PrimeTime Playas, Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow/Tensai/Wade Barrett/Jinder Mahal (worst case scenario)(if they aren't busy somewhere else) and a returning Mark Henry, who says he has the code to beat him, against The Ryback, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley or someone like that, and then Christian or someone who has a little more of the name. The turn around is only 3 episodes of each between HIAC and Survivor Series, so this needs to be done quick to set up the Miz and his stacked roster vs. The Ryback, with the Miz announcing his impending use of his rematch clause the following Raw.

Survivor Series: Quick work is done of everyone except Kidd, Gabriel, and The Ryback on the face team. Gabriel takes down Darren Young and then Titus beats Gabriel. Kidd beats Titus and gets eliminated by the Rhodes/Sandow level guy. The Ryback is now facing 3 heels and he takes down Rhodes (who should be feuding with Rey or someone) and then it's him vs. The Miz and Mark Henry. Henry lands a WSS and then the Miz hits a Skullcrushing finale, and The Ryback is finally pinned by the Miz.

From HIAC to TLC: The Miz tries to get Henry to join him in his corner but Mark says why should I help you, etc. The Ryback and the Miz go back and forth at Raw, the Miz hits a skullcrushing finale and The Ryback kicks out, and eventually wins. Mark Henry comes out, lays him out and says he deserves the shot. Build towards a triple threat match at TLC between the 3.

TLC: Mark Henry either pins the Miz or The Ryback pins the Miz. Either way, it sets up those 2 having a rivalry. Leaning towards The Ryback pinning the Miz with Henry laying him out after.

From TLC to Mania would depend on how things went with all of this.

Quote:

Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Get Heath Slater in there. One Man Band, Baby!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Show has to have set the WWE record for heel/face turns by now
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
man I hope Kane & Daniel Bryan NEVER lose the tag belts.these guys are gold right now
Until WWE puts them in every segment ever and the fans get tired of it in a month. Kinda like AJ.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Kane And bryan keeping the belts long as in the past odd tag teams never do but its fun while it last. Because you know they r gonna fund again after they lose the belts.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Until WWE puts them in every segment ever and the fans get tired of it in a month. Kinda like AJ.
I will never be sick of AJ.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shes been a horrible, horrible, horrible GM. Awful decision.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Shes been a horrible, horrible, horrible GM. Awful decision.
Music hits
Skips around the ring
Gets in the ring
Makes a match/announces the Raw Active poll of the week
Makes weird faces/smiles/quirky head movements
Gets out of ring
Skips to the back
Old 09-23-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't know why people always ***** about who the GM is like they do anything special?

I mean no matter who it is all they do is come out and announce a couple matches for later on that night.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I don't know why people always ***** about who the GM is like they do anything special?

I mean no matter who it is all they do is come out and announce a couple matches for later on that night.
Insert who ever you want in this video and that is what a GM does.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

Because the idea of a GM is stupid and making AJ, who had momentum, a GM was stupid. You said it yourself, all they do is come out and announce a couple matches for later. Why use AJ for that? Why not either A) Just get rid of it or B) Use Bob Saget. I think Mr. Belding likes wrestling.

Quote:

Old 09-23-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, this is how it's booked. L-A-Z-Y.

Quote:

Old 09-23-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I miss "YOU KNOW IT'S THE MACK MILITANT" and then a tag team match being announced.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I was enjoying her run (even if she was probably a bit overexposed for about a month), and then they moved her to the GM role where not only is her character a horrible fit (the mix of being 'crazy' while also trying to exert authority does NOT work for her), it completely stripped her of everything that made her enjoyable before the move.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Ryback vs. CM Punk in the Cell sounds awesome.

Quote: