Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-23-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think whatever weight he is now (looks at LEAST 320, probably 330ish really) is fine considering how well he moved in yesterday's game, making plays on the QB running to the sidelines - and he played almost every defensive snap the entire game without getting gassed. His stamina was impressive. People see his size and assume he'll be a 1 tech or a 0 tech, but he plays 3 tech and (sometimes even 5 tech) at Ohio State and he can do so in the pros too (play the 3 that is).
Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzy, the fact that you seem to be watching the ND defense and continue to not mention Stephon Tuitt astounds me.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Ozzy, the fact that you seem to be watching the ND defense and continue to not mention Stephon Tuitt astounds me.
Louis Nix has really impressed me as well. Looks like he has great athleticism especially for a guy his size. He seems like a pretty underrated prospect.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This past weekend, Da'Rick Rogers had 18 catches, 303 yards and 2 TD's for Tennessee Tech in a loss.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mqtirishfan Ozzy, the fact that you seem to be watching the ND defense and continue to not mention Stephon Tuitt astounds me.
Boys I am fully aware of Tuitt and Nix, just had them listed in the past. I usually save a standout listing to players I have newly seen and put on my radar or players that really played well and stood out. Clearly both Tuitt and Nix have great size and just think if Lynch did not transfer, that defensive line would be ridiculous.

Quote:
TACKLE This past weekend, Da'Rick Rogers had 18 catches, 303 yards and 2 TD's for Tennessee Tech in a loss.
Yeah that is no surprise, he is easily a top five receiver in the up coming draft if he comes out early.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This past weekend, Da'Rick Rogers had 18 catches, 303 yards and 2 TD's for Tennessee Tech in a loss.
Before he was kicked out of UT, lots of people were saying he was the best WR on the team this whole offseason.

:(
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Bray doesn't have Rogers and a healthy Turner to throw to this year. I was looking forward to that. 300 yards receiving at any level no matter how good you are is ridiculous....how does a team let that happen? You'd think after a guy gets 200+ yards on you that you'd figure out a way to stack the defense so they don't throw it to him anymore.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dropped my jaw.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland: Freshman receiver is probably already Maryland's best player. Dangerous both as a receiver and a kick returner.
Yeah, he looked really good. The young WRs in the country (FR and SO) are better than I've ever seen as a group.

Quote:
Casey Pachal, QB, TCU: I'm surprised at the progress he's made in the last year. Looks like a legitimate 2nd round prospect atm.
Love the guy. I was a huge Andy Dalton fan but he runs circles around Dalton from a pure talent standpoint. If he learns some of Dalton's feel for the QB position, he's a star. As I said in another thread, if he comes back I think he's a legit threat for the #1 overall pick in 2014.

Quote:
Kaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers: Very underrated propsect. Could see him going early on day 2.

Manti Te’o, LB, ND: Absolute stud, top 15 pick.
Agree on both. I think Greene's going to run extremely well at the combine and see a huge boost in his draft status ala Mychal Kendricks last year. He's shown it all this year vs. the run, pass, blitzing. May be the #1 true 4-3 OLB in the draft.

As for Te'o....I will admit I am always skeptical of ND players. As a person who lived most of his life in South Bend, I've seen about 95% of their games since probably 1986. I know Te'o has been widely regarded as a stud since HS, but I was waiting for him to have one of those games that shows me, "ok this guy is a star". This was the game. He spied on Denard most of the game and did a very good job of it, not letting him take over the game with his legs like in past years. He was simply amazing vs. Michigan.

Quote:
Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU: Shut down Watkins/Hopkins more than adequately. Got beat on the first Ford TD but it looked like his teammate left him hanging.

Bjoern Werner/Tank Carradine, DE, FSU: Mentioned them last week but I have to again. They're the best pass rush combo in the country and they were the difference against Clemson. Consistently got pressure and disrupted the Clemson attack in the backfield. Werner has an outstanding motor and is a legitimate top 10 pick imo.
It's a 3-man race for the #1 CB off the board, IMO. Rhodes, Banks, or Milliner. If Rhodes can run anywhere in the neighborhood of 4.5, he's #1 for me. He's so physical and technically sound. Really impressed that he didn't get overwhelmed by Clemson's speed.

Werner's definitely a 1st round pick. Probably not top 10, in a class with Jones and Mingo (possibly Montgomery and Lemonier) going ahead of him. But he's a solid top 20 pick, and going to be a solid NFL player. "Safer" pick than a couple of those guys ahead/with him. But to me, Carradine always jumps out on tape. Very active. Very stout at the POA. Not an elite first step guy, but kind of reminds me of an Israel Idonije type. May not be a 1st round pick, but no way does he get out of the 2nd.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Too bad Bray doesn't have Rogers and a healthy Turner to throw to this year. I was looking forward to that. 300 yards receiving at any level no matter how good you are is ridiculous....how does a team let that happen? You'd think after a guy gets 200+ yards on you that you'd figure out a way to stack the defense so they don't throw it to him anymore.
They did. He only had like 6 catches for 70 yards in the second half.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dropped my jaw.

The ridiculous attempt to strip the ball and not tackle him was as bad as the return was good. If the tackle is made, like any decent high schooler could do. It's a good return. Not a highlight reel one. Number one from Missouri should be running laps for the rest of the week. Or, whatever they're allowed to do to punish kids these days.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khas Greene is going to time very well but it all depends on his weight. He was a bit undersized last year because he just making the transition from S to LB. He added about 15-20 pounds of muscle in the offseason and hasn't seemed to lose any speed which is a great sign. I'd like to say right now he probably has a 3rd or 4th round grade but if all goes well maybe he ends up in the late 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And just to follow up on Greene, Kiper now has him as his #1 Sr OLB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giantsfan1080 And just to follow up on Greene, Kiper now has him as his #1 Sr OLB.
I do not buy that exactly, Jarvis Jones is a redshirt junior so technically he is a senior...but some do not count him as such.

Much less you also have guys like Shayne Skov, Michael Mauti, Uona Kaveinga that would compete with him as senior outside linebackers. However one could mark Skov or Mauti as inside 3/4 linebackers also but that could be said for most linebackers in general with good ability. Jonathan Willard, Jamie Collins, Bruce Taylor and Jake Knott are a few more as well that could compete with Greene at that spot.

So #1 overall, that will not happen one because of the underclassmen that will come out, and two because he does have some decent competition that are equal to his same talent level.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's just Kipers patented "I'll put this player's name high up my rankings because nobody else has him there yet and I want to be known as the guy who talked about him first" move.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I'm with both of you guys on that. The Kedricks comparison seems really spot on. I liked that a lot. He needs to work on his coverage skills a little more also but this is only his 2nd year at LB so of course you expect some issues.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
They did. He only had like 6 catches for 70 yards in the second half.
only six catches, is that all? haha. Well I guess compared to 200+ in the first half it's not much.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 4:
*Phillip Dorsett SOPH WR Miami FL: Big time deep threat, wonderful speed, great hand eye coordination, makes very difficult catches. Is a big time prospect that is really playing outstanding football, one of the best receiver prospects they have had in awhile.

*Reid Fragel SR OT Ohio State: Outstanding game, former tight end, really looks good. Thick strong kid, moves well, had some great blocks on a very talented defensive line for Michigan State. Could sky rocket up the draft charts if he keeps playing this well.

*Daniel McCullers JR NT Tennessee: Mountain of a man, just a huge guy, 6-8 listed by some. Big thick tackle, cannot be pushed around and has decent athletic ability. He could be a very high pick whenever he decides to come out, like 1st round potential NT if his conditioning improves.

*Arik Armstead FR DE/DT Oregon: What a freak physically, big thick kid and is worth his high ranking coming out of high school.

*Lawrence Thomas FR DE/FB Michigan State: Played FB for Michigan State but is a giant defensive end and will probably go back there next season, not there now because of depth I assume. But still so impressed a kid like him would switch and play offense and do whatever the team needs at the time.

*Mark Weisman SOPH RB Iowa: Hard to not talk about him, big back, has good open field speed and is really saving the Iowa football season really with his running. Will be interesting if he can keep this up, seems like Iowa always has one and done backs that have a breakout year then leave the team or get kicked off...aka Adam Robinson, Marcus Coker etc.

*Earl Wolff SR S NC State: The team got really beat passing, but Wolff was a constant back there. Made solid tackles, has good motion on the field, reacts well, good technique and decent speed. Is a great late round prospect at safety in my book.

*DeVonte Holloman SR OLB South Carolina: Liking his development, been around for awhile but put on a lot of weight and could be a legit OLB prospect with outstanding coverage skills being a former safety/rover.

*Rajion Neal JR RB Tennessee: Very impressed wit his toughness, thick kid, runs hard, catches the ball out of the backfield. Real solid player and impressed with what he did against a really talented Georgia defense.

*Deon Bush FR S Miami FL: Skinny kid but runs really well, smooth on the field, reacts quick. Could be a star safety and is one to watch develop that is for sure, reacts very well.

*Cody Prewitt SOPH S Ole Miss: Had some major hits against Alabama, fine tackling safety, really good tackles he put on. Must watch in the future, could be one hell of a prospect if he can tackle like that consistently much less cover in the open field.

*Mike James SR RB Miami FL: Sleeper prospect, forget about him but his ability to play full back or running back, and be a tough physical runner. He will be picked up. Teams like the Giants or Steelers love running backs like him.

*Darrius Caldwell FR DE Illinois: So what about Buchanan, Illinois has this guy. Just as big as he is and just as quick. One heck of a player and will follow in that line of speed rushers on Illinois. Should develop into a star.

*Xavier Cooper FR DE/DT Washington State: Impressed with his size and quickness. Gets into the backfield easily and effortlessly. For such a young player he could become a star defensive tackle or defensive end. So odd to be seeing a player like that was Washington State.

*Victor Hampton SOPH CB South Carolina: Love his toughness, good stout kid, thick for a corner. Playing really well for them as a lock down corner and should get only better with age.

*Alec Ogletree JR ILB Georgia: What a freak show, such long arms, great athlete, he could play himself being a possible top 20 pick I think. What a talent with game changing ability in a 3/4 or a 4/3.

*Joel Stave FR QB Wisconsin: Nice looking kid, big and tall, nice arm, can take a hit. They will have a quarterback for quite some time in him, very impressed with him so far as a freshman.

*Mike Glennon SR QB NC State: Gun slinger, playing great to me. Throws the ball so effortlessly, always had that big time arm. Has great height, if his intangibles were better, leadership, toughness, confidence etc, he would be a higher draft pick. That is really only thing holding him back.

*Kasen Williams SOPH WR Washington: Big thick kid, impressed last year and is still on track. Makes people miss, is power and has nice hands, good game against a tough Stanford D.

*Stephen Morris JR QB Miami FL: Was a non prospect in my eyes till this season, what an improvement. Has some damn good receivers to throw too however, but still could argue he is the most improved player in the country off of what he did last year.

*Jay Rome FR TE Georgia: Massive tight end, decent pass catcher, if he proves to be a good blocker he could be a monster tight end in the future, really like his upside.

*Vance McDonald SR TE Rice: Big time tight end talent, real sleeper. Physically he is elite as a pass catcher, could develop into a great tight end target. Is a must watch and have to keep and eye on him come draft time.

*Chris Borland JR ILB/DE Wisconsin: Playing great football, all over the place. Hard to block, stays low to the ground, reacts well. A little undersized but in terms of effort and game changing plays he is doing great things.

*Kenarious Gates JR OT Georgia: One of the stars on a very improved Georgia OL. Big time talent, good athlete and gets low and moves people when he blocks.

Disappointed:
David Amerson JR CB NC State: Has been said already and before, is playing poorly. Clearly was great last year with 13 INT's, but now everyone knows about him and he is not getting the easy INT because people think he cannot play. Hard to preform when everyone is watching and expecting, and that tells a lot that he is playing poorly. Should clearly come back and no go out for the draft if this keeps up.

Travis Frederick JR OG/C Wisconsin: Missing the middle guys more than one thinks, clearly not playing dominating football at center by any means. And should really be moved back to guard.

Rob Havenstein RS SOPH OT Wisconsin: Overrated, was a beast potentially as a freshman, but when he has to perform he is not dominating like he should. For a guy as large as he is, he should be pushing people around more than he is.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Joel Stave FR QB Wisconsin: Nice looking kid, big and tall, nice arm, can take a hit. They will have a quarterback for quite some time in him, very impressed with him so far as a freshman.

I was impressed with Stave as well. This is coming with the biggest self-confessed Danny O'Brien fan boy (his poor play has disappointed me greatly). Stave made some really impressive throws last night and his arm strength really jumped out at me. Wisconsin needs to just keep this kid in as their QB and suffer through a 9-3 or 8-4 season this year as he develops.

*Mike Glennon SR QB NC State: Gun slinger, playing great to me. Throws the ball so effortlessly, always had that big time arm. Has great height, if his intangibles were better, leadership, toughness, confidence etc, he would be a higher draft pick. That is really only thing holding him back.

I was also high on Glennon at the beginning of the season. It always seems NC State gets down early in games and tries to make feverish comebacks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I would say Glennon is poor man's Mallet. Glennon's consistency is what is most maddening as he has great arm talent. I would put a 4th round grade on him right now as more of a developmental guy with all the tools.

*Chris Borland JR ILB/DE Wisconsin: Playing great football, all over the place. Hard to block, stays low to the ground, reacts well. A little undersized but in terms of effort and game changing plays he is doing great things.

Borland was impressive last night making plays all over the place. A really under the radar prospect. He reminds me of London Fletcher.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall remind me a little of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. May end up being even better.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
SolidGold

I was impressed with Stave as well. This is coming with the biggest self-confessed Danny O'Brien fan boy (his poor play has disappointed me greatly). Stave made some really impressive throws last night and his arm strength really jumped out at me. Wisconsin needs to just keep this kid in as their QB and suffer through a 9-3 or 8-4 season this year as he develops.

I was also high on Glennon at the beginning of the season. It always seems NC State gets down early in games and tries to make feverish comebacks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I would say Glennon is poor man's Mallet. Glennon's consistency is what is most maddening as he has great arm talent. I would put a 4th round grade on him right now as more of a developmental guy with all the tools.

Borland was impressive last night making plays all over the place. A really under the radar prospect. He reminds me of London Fletcher.
Yeah O'Brien has disappointed, clearly not the leader Russell Wilson was and there was a reason Maryland stopped playing him. Has a good arm but not much else. And with Stave, he will be the starter unless he gets injured.

Yeah Glennon has an awful pedigree, his brother Sean Glennon was disappointing as a player as well on Virginia Tech. Not sure he has the on the field leadership for the NFL. But he clearly has an arm and has far more talent than his brother did.

Borland is undersized, that is true, not sure if he will be a 3/4 ILB or a rush outside linebacker type, one to hustle and get under the pad level of the offensive tackles.

Quote:
Halsey Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall remind me a little of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. May end up being even better.
I would say at this point they are better than those two were. But clearly have got off to a very fast start. Crazy disappointed in that defense though, with all that talent they should not give up the yards they give up.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm disappointed in all college defenses this year. I can't be too mad at UGA when everyone but Alabama is playing swiss cheese defense.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Week 4:

*Reid Fragel SR OT Ohio State: Outstanding game, former tight end, really looks good. Thick strong kid, moves well, had some great blocks on a very talented defensive line for Michigan State. Could sky rocket up the draft charts if he keeps playing this well.
I didn't expect him to play that well against Gholston - hard to believe he was almost beat out by true freshmen Taylor Decker during the summer.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
Nick Florence, QB, Baylor
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
Kenarious Gates, OT, Georgia
Alec Ogeltree, OLB, Georgia
Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia
Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Joseph Randle, RB, Ok St.
Cooper Bassett, DL, Ok St.
Blake Jackson, WR, Ok St.

Gurley reminds me a little of Trent Richardson.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As Ozzy mentioned Arik Armstead of Oregon is going to be a good one. The Ducks used to sort of fool people with gimmicks now they're bringing in top talent.

Another Duck who is going to be really special at the next level is soph athlete Colt Lyerla. He really doesn't have a set position and i don't know where he projects best to at the next level but to me he's a Brain Urlacher type athlete. He already looks like the best TE blocker in the country.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote