Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I've said this before, and don't get me wrong, I think Tyron Smith is going to be a great LT in this league, but thank goodness you guys didn't get JJ Watt. Watt looks like a future HOFer if he stays healthy. I know it's early to say that, but with some players, you just see it right away.

Can you imagine Ware and Watt on the same team? Ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So here's my humble take-aways from yesterday's game.
  • Sloppy Win? But last time I remembered, a win is a win and there's no category for sloppy!
  • Demarco Murray- this man is earning every single yard he gains.
  • OL- our OL better start to gel soon or it will be a long season for Romo and Murray.
  • Defense- nice rebound from last week. While the Bucs RB's are no Marshawn Lynch, they are very solid.
  • Our CB's are as good as advertised. To shut down a playmaker like Jackson the way they did is impressive.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know I've said this before, and don't get me wrong, I think Tyron Smith is going to be a great LT in this league, but thank goodness you guys didn't get JJ Watt. Watt looks like a future HOFer if he stays healthy. I know it's early to say that, but with some players, you just see it right away.

Is Watt from the SEC? LOL.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Can you imagine how much worse our offensive line would be if we had Watt instead of Smith? -_- Bennett made Doug Free look like the worst RT in the league last game and without Smith he would be our starting LT.

Rafa was even pondering whether we should give Jeremy Parnell some snaps at RT until Free figures it out again.

Ick. Watt is definitely a special player but any thought of making our offensive line any worse than it already is makes me feel ill.

With Sensy back you have to like the look of our nickel/dime sets though.

LCB: Claiborne
Slot CB: Scandrick
Dime CB: Lewis (or Butler if we resign him)
RBC: Jenkins
S: Sensabaugh
S: Carr

Hopefully the coaching staff seeing how important safeties are this year will finally force them to use some money/high draft choices towards fixing the "forever" problem.

Ending with a fun fact:

Quote:
For the first time ever, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger lost on same day.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watt is for sure a beast. I think in the pre-season I hear Wade say he'll be a HOF'er and I thought to myself, hold on buddy. He's earning his paycheck and then some.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Can you imagine how much worse our offensive line would be if we had Watt instead of Smith? -_- Bennett made Doug Free look like the worst RT in the league last game and without Smith he would be our starting LT.

Lol I tell BBD this all the time. Watt is amazing, but he could be twice as good and I'd still take Tyron. They showed a stat saying Tyron was the youngest player ever(20 years old) to start 16 games in a season before and one of the youngest picks ever. Combine the fact that it's a position so important, how bad our line is, and how well he played and it's a no brainer.

Tyron is going to be an All Pro LT for a long time, he's got this year, and next to fine tune his game and he'll still be the same age as most rookie lineman. I would take Tyron over Watt in that situation 100 times over 100.

If anyone disagrees they liked seeing Tony Romo get destroyed yesterday. Plus, defense, or DE for that fact is hardly our weakness. Swap out Tyron for Watt and Romo won't make it through one full game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
So those of you that wished we had traded Jenkins away, are you still feeling that way now?
Thank you. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was screaming to turn down a 2nd rounder but give me the depth and hopefully a compensation pick all day over moving him for a late rounder. He's way too good of a player at press man coverage and extremely athletic, when we get a pass rush he'll stick with his man.

And maybe I'm less excited then others but I don't like Carr at Safety. I know we have to put somebody back there, but that's not why we paid him and he's our best overall cover corner. He's stronger then all the other DB's and he can re-route He needs to be lining up at CB primarily, I'd rather tinkle with the idea of putting Scandrick back at Safety, but maybe the issue is he is the only guy who can cover the slot.

While Freeman didn't push the ball downfield much, if you watch the tape nobody created any seperation on our CB's, we don't give up anymore of that 8 yard cushion crap(I know you guys remember those days) for free completions and we run man what looks like 90% of the time, with the Safeties helping over the top. We don't need to confuse people, I'd run this 100% of the time.

Excited to see what Brandon Marshall does against us now. Cutler is going to challenge the secondary and look for big plays that may or may not be there. Should be a good test.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thank you. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was screaming to turn down a 2nd rounder but give me the depth and hopefully a compensation pick all day over moving him for a late rounder. He's way too good of a player at press man coverage and extremely athletic, when we get a pass rush he'll stick with his man.

And maybe I'm less excited then others but I don't like Carr at Safety. I know we have to put somebody back there, but that's not why we paid him and he's our best overall cover corner. He's stronger then all the other DB's and he can re-route He needs to be lining up at CB primarily, I'd rather tinkle with the idea of putting Scandrick back at Safety, but maybe the issue is he is the only guy who can cover the slot.

While Freeman didn't push the ball downfield much, if you watch the tape nobody created any seperation on our CB's, we don't give up anymore of that 8 yard cushion crap(I know you guys remember those days) for free completions and we run man what looks like 90% of the time, with the Safeties helping over the top. We don't need to confuse people, I'd run this 100% of the time.

Excited to see what Brandon Marshall does against us now. Cutler is going to challenge the secondary and look for big plays that may or may not be there. Should be a good test.
We will be going up against 2 big physical WR's that have solid speed. I'm curious to see how this plays out. And you cannot forget about Hester and his speed.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Does anyone else feel that were not running enough screen plays and lead draws? With 2 back like Murray and Jones, we should be exploiting defenses more. Especially yesterday when the pass rush was getting to Romo so quickly, we should've been slowing them down with screens more. I'm just a little baffled by the lack of of these plays by JG. Does anyone else share these thoughts as well?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone else feel that were not running enough screen plays and lead draws? With 2 back like Murray and Jones, we should be exploiting defenses more. Especially yesterday when the pass rush was getting to Romo so quickly, we should've been slowing them down with screens more. I'm just a little baffled by the lack of of these plays by JG. Does anyone else share these thoughts as well?
Absolutely we are not running enough "protect your QB" type plays. Teams have been bringing the heat and we have not been gashing them with screens and draws per the norm. We ran the draw for no gain that I remember so I won't count that negatively because we had zero control of the line of scrimmage. We definitely should be calling for screens though with our mobile lineman.

Love this nugget of info from BtB:

Quote:
"It was a little bit of a challenge for us because Vincent Jackson is such a good football player. He is a big guy, and Brandon matches up with him well," Garrett said. "At the same time, Mike Jenkins is healthy. ... We said, letís get our four and five best DBs out there as much as we can, and the guy we felt was most suited to play safety was Brandon Carr. He told me he hadnít done it since 11th grade. He was a quarterback and safety in 11th grade."

"He looked real comfortable when we started doing it in practice early in the week. Jenks played really well. It was good to see him playing the way he is capable of playing, and Brandonís versatility allows him to do that."

Contingency on top of contingency plans. Next man up strategy is certainly paying dividends compared to what we have seen with prior coaching staffs. JG also spoke a good bit on eliminating pre-snap penalties.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, Watt is lights out for sure. I've been pleased with Lissemore and I'm excited to see what Crawford does in the future. Honestly, though this is not one of those situations where we have to say "What If" because Tyron has been a God Send for us and we needed OT help way more than DE. Heck, the way Free has been playing combined with his contract that will balloon next year, we might have to look at RT in Round 1 again.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our offense is so vanilla it ain't funny.

Yes, we need to do more of that and then some.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Let's face it, this all falls on the offensive line and the way they can protect. Tony is Tony and playing well and making plays. DM is running hard as hell and making do with what he has in front of him. Miles is doing well, Ogs has been solid and Dez is slowly starting to play well. I won't address Witten, still fuming with his drops.

I'm not writing them off yet and realize they need to gel. But my question for the group is this, is this a gelling issue or are these guys plain out just getting beat one on one? When I look at Free, it seems like at least in pass blocking schemes he's getting beat one on one. The one sack was given up by Witten, but for some reason he seemed to be paying attention to the inside more than helping out the TE. Why would he think that Witten could handle a DE that had been abusing our starting RT all day???

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It kind of sucks that our hand was forced to take Tyron, but after ignoring the OL for years we had no other option. Would have loved Watt though, I was pushing that bandwagon pretty hard even though I knew we'd end up drafting Tyron.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me throw this out there.

I'm not trying to alibi because they were not good. BUT, let's not forget that the last two DL's might just be 2 of the best in the league, especially against the run. That front 7 for TB is downright nasty. McCoy is a beast. We might have played 3 of the top 5 or 6 front 7's in the league for our first 3 games.

Let's look at the DL they will be facing coming up:

Bears - pretty good against the pass but not as powerful against the run.

Ravens - Not as good so far as their reputation would suggest, but still good.

Car - below avg.

Giants - Good, but we actually ran the ball against them.

Falcons - very average

Philly - good

Clev - poor

Skins - very depleted. not dominate at all.

Philly - good

Bengals - good DL but not dominate

Steelers - not as good as reputation would suggest, but very solid

Saints - poor

Skins - depleted and possibly out of it by week 17 (Cowboys too for that matter)

I think you could make an argument that We have faced the best front 7 we will face all year in the last two games.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I downloaded yesterday's game since i didn't get to watch it. 3 minutes left in the 1stq.

Thoughts so far; god damn our offensive line sucks ****. god damn our defensive line is pretty good against the run.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7:22 left in the 2ndq. bruce Carter making plays <33. That makes me very happy to see.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah bud, Bruce Carter absolutely killed it all game. He was fantastic, impressive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I haven't seen everyone jump off the bridge all at once like this in a while, Fire DeCamillis, Get Gruden, put Witten in a retirement home. Yes it was ugly, yes things need to be cleaned up but at the end of the day we are sitting a top of the NFC East at 2-1. We have a divisional win over NY, the defense looks stout,we are going into a Monday Night game against a QB who has already thrown 6 ints and stands behind a line that plays more swiss cheese technique then ours.

That being said the offense needs to get their heads screwed on straight. Everyone knows this isn't a very good o-line but Garrett and Romo aren't making adjustments to the play calling to help them out either. Seattle and TB both put extra guys in the box presnap to confuse the blocking assignments. The extra bodies didn't always come blitzing but were able to read/react to the run and out number they guys blocking them. To counter that they could have moved the pocket, PA bootlegged or simply called for quick hits to the WR's. Yet there was an abundance of plays where he chose to call a run into the 7/8 man front or max protect and hope to get something down field. Problem was the o-line didn't always block well and the extra bodies at the LOS bailed in zone coverage forcing Tony to dump the ball early.

Something is still off with Wit, can't tell if it still hurts him to extend or if he is focused on getting hit but he definitely doesn't have his full concentration on looking the ball in. I think he will use the bye week to square himself away and we will see the return of the real Jason Witten.

Josh Brent, Spencer, and Carter will all question marks coming into the season but after three games they have shown their worth as impact guys. A special shout out goes to Spears who has been balling when he gets into the game. He has been lights out against the run, getting some penetration and making plays behind the LOS. I think the team can afford to let Ratliff rehab another two weeks and have him healthy out of the bye hopefully. Jenkins looked really good in his first game with serious play time. Church with the ACL is a real bummer, not only losing a starter but a guy who was a really good coverage linebacker in sub packages. For anyone who doubted the team was worried about playing Silva and McCray together got their answer. Not many teams take their #1 corner and shift them to a safety position in 3 WR sets. I thought it was a creative way to fill the void, it will be interesting to see if they opt to pull him away from Marshall Monday night.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 09-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weve been saying for years our line stinks. Other than Tyron would any of these other guys start for another team? Whoever recommended Bernadeau and Livings to be upgrades over last year need to be fired immediately! How do you go into a season with Romo, DeMarco, Dez, Miles, Witten and have a JV line block for them? Its a joke! We have a 12 win team with a 4 win line. Makes NO sense...End rant

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Weve been saying for years our line stinks. Other than Tyron would any of these other guys start for another team? Whoever recommended Bernadeau and Livings to be upgrades over last year need to be fired immediately! How do you go into a season with Romo, DeMarco, Dez, Miles, Witten and have a JV line block for them? Its a joke! We have a 12 win team with a 4 win line. Makes NO sense...End rant
I honestly don't think Livings has been that bad.. Bernadeau has been disappointing and really struggles with speed. Henry Melton is a physical freak and I expect Big Mac to really struggle. The fall of Free has been almost laughable, he gets pushed into the backfield on almost every play, Peppers is going to eat him up.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Absolutely we are not running enough "protect your QB" type plays. Teams have been bringing the heat and we have not been gashing them with screens and draws per the norm. We ran the draw for no gain that I remember so I won't count that negatively because we had zero control of the line of scrimmage. We definitely should be calling for screens though with our mobile lineman.

Love this nugget of info from BtB:

Contingency on top of contingency plans. Next man up strategy is certainly paying dividends compared to what we have seen with prior coaching staffs. JG also spoke a good bit on eliminating pre-snap penalties.

That's a great find on their thoughts on the DB's. Love it. Jenks is playing for a pay day from some team and I expect pro bowl form from him all year. We should all remember, it was the competition that really drove out the best in Mike all along, and he may just be one of those players. None the less I think he's out to prove he's the best CB on this roster and when he plays with confidence I still believe in him.

Someone will get a really good, young CB in FA next off-season, so hopefully we get the compensation pick for him. He'd go right back to being a pro bowler if he went somewhere like San Fran or Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Doug Free to be cut sometime before the draft, dude has just fallen off a cliff and is getting Romo killed. RT has skyrocketed up the list of draft needs.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah bud, Bruce Carter absolutely killed it all game. He was fantastic, impressive.
He had been showing spurts of this kind of play since the season opener. I'll tell you what, if he can keep playing this way for the rest of the season, those 9ers ILB'ers are gonna have an argument from me on who the best set in the league is. Both these guys are complete studs in the run game and have the athletic ability to help out in pass coverage. Lee's int, and like e-man (i believe it was him) pointed out, that tackle on third and short that Carter made in the flat was IMPRESSIVE. That closing speed, perfect tackling form and strength to bring him down immediately, that's some hot **** right there. It's definitely a confident booster for our scouting department, who had both of those guys rated as first rounders and snatched them up in the second when they fell.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
He had been showing spurts of this kind of play since the season opener. I'll tell you what, if he can keep playing this way for the rest of the season, those 9ers ILB'ers are gonna have an argument from me on who the best set in the league is. Both these guys are complete studs in the run game and have the athletic ability to help out in pass coverage. Lee's int, and like e-man (i believe it was him) pointed out, that tackle on third and short that Carter made in the flat was IMPRESSIVE. That closing speed, perfect tackling form and strength to bring him down immediately, that's some hot **** right there. It's definitely a confident booster for our scouting department, who had both of those guys rated as first rounders and snatched them up in the second when they fell.
If Lee keeps playing at this level, he'll be getting a nice big fat extension in the off-season and it will be well deserved.