Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Fact is, we need Shaun Hill. He can hit deep throws late in games. Get rid of Alex.

/realistic? perspective :)
I heard some people say that Alex Smith cost the 49ers the game with two fourth quarter turnovers. I was like . Made me wish that Gerhart had just held onto the ball so Alex could have kept his no turnover streak alive.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
So you don't understand that coverage dictates where the ball is going in most instances? Like the Vikes are going to allow us to beat them deep because all of a sudden we need two scores? That makes no sense what so ever. Just like we made up our minds that Megatron wasn't going to beat us deep, teams have not allowed Moss to beat them. Or maybe you didn't see the Lions CB's giving Moss damn near a 15 yard cushion. Moss plays a role....for now. Not going deep is not why we lost Sunday. It has no bearing really of the outcome of any game. And when has Moss become disgruntled? Because he doesn't want to answer media questions about his role? Newsflash, why do you think he didn't speak to media not once during the entire off-season? Because Moss knows the media will be hanging on his every word, waiting to find something to say to use against.him. The only reason he's even speaking to the media now is because he's obligated by the league to do so each week and after every game. I don't believe Moss is unhappy because I think Harbaalke told him from jump, exactly what his role will be and excatly what to expect in terms of snaps and playing time. He doesn't want to answer any questions he thinks is geared towards him coming across as unhappy. Nothing wrong with that. And Moss has been used to stretch the field repeatedly. Alex threw ball into triple coverage.....yes TRIPLE coverage during the Packers game I believe to a streaking Moss. Moss went deep another time, which opened up a huge cushion underneath his route for VD to come open in the Lions game also for a big gain. Just because passes aren't being completed to Moss in these instances doesn't mean he isnt impacting the game in our favor. So yes, we are using him. If we sent him deep and the opposing team shifts their coverage to account for Moss, and in turn, Alex goes to a wide open look elsewhere on the field, how is that not using him?
It's not just being down two scores. It was the entire game. Not one pass deep. You have Randy Moss on your team. That alone means you are obligated to stretch the field and at least once per game throw him a jump ball. Moss has been double covered for years deep. Didn't stop quarterbacks from going his way. Sorry my friend, but that is a terrible excuse. By that logic you should never throw to him deep, because chances are that he'll always be covered. Moss only had seven snaps in the second half for some reason as well. Why? Especially when the 49ers got behind?

As for Moss not being happy, it had nothing to do with him being ginger with the media. More so of the reports of him sitting alone from the rest of the entire offense on the far side of the bench area when the 49ers were losing. A sulking Moss isn't a good omen to have.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It's not just being down two scores. It was the entire game. Not one pass deep. You have Randy Moss on your team. That alone means you are obligated to stretch the field and at least once per game throw him a jump ball. Moss has been double covered for years deep. Didn't stop quarterbacks from going his way. Sorry my friend, but that is a terrible excuse. By that logic you should never throw to him deep, because chances are that he'll always be covered. Moss only had seven snaps in the second half for some reason as well. Why? Especially when the 49ers got behind?

As for Moss not being happy, it had nothing to do with him being ginger with the media. More so of the reports of him sitting alone from the rest of the entire offense on the far side of the bench area when the 49ers were losing. A sulking Moss isn't a good omen to have.

I think Kawakami sums it up better than I can...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...im+Kawakami%29
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have signed Colston!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss 8/88, TD, 11.0 avg
Colston 10/160, 16.0 avg

Colston obviously has the edge but not by much. Both are sucking. Of course, Saints in general have been sucking. I do love one thing though. If Saints have a bad record when the season ends, it would have all started with their NFC Divisional playoff loss to the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS. And since the Saints used to be in our division, that puts a smile on my face. :) :) :)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Moss 8/88, TD, 11.0 avg
Colston 10/160, 16.0 avg

Colston obviously has the edge but not by much. Both are sucking. Of course, Saints in general have been sucking.
Haha. I know Dan. It was a joke at myself since I was the one banging the table to sign Colston.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You wanted Colston. I wanted Wallace. Good luck to the both of us. LOL.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

early doucet for a 3rd :)

Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
early doucet for a 3rd :)
He's still on the team?! I live in AZ and don't even hear his name mentioned. Doucet is made of glass and is about as useless as Captain Hook at a gynecologist convention.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The loss sucked and there's no real reason for it other than it was a trap game on the road that they obviously overlooked after a 2-0 start. Harbaugh will be in the ear of the entire team all week in Youngstown. I see them having a nice, angry bounce back vs the Jets. This team is legit. Period.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread