Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know his play isn't very sexy and he's not a favorite of mine or most people here, but Spencer is playing very solid this year so far. He plays the run well and I've been watching him in coverage and he's been redirecting the slot receiver and TE pretty well. I've been a fan of his play so far. Granted only one sack, but a few pressures and knockdowns on top of it.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well after 3 weeks we are #1 in total defense giving up 250 yards a game. Giving up 29% on 3rd downs and 18 PPG which should be much lower if not for all of our turnovers. Impressive! Hope we can keep it up.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most impressive was that at the 4th qtr two minute warning this past game, we had only given up 95 yards of total offense to a team that nearly out gunned the Giants last week. While our offense is in near shambles right now, we can at least be happy our off-season plan to concentrate on retooling our defense has worked so far.

I'm there with you on Spencer, leroy. It seems like he doesn't exactly have the quickness to get to the Qb regularly, but he puts a lot of pressure on his man and has looked excellent in run defense. Looking a lot like a Shaun Ellis type of DE.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the talk of tyron smith vs jj watt and the demise of doug free, no one has brought up that we could've had michael oher in the 1st round if jj didnt trade it for roy williams. Imagine tyron smith and michael oher or we couldve had jj watt....... Ahhhh only if
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could have had Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchinson if we didn't trade for Joey Galloway!

Past is the past, man. Let it go.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, our defense has been just downright awesome. The great thing about it is, a good defense is normally more reliable than a good offense.

I think Rob is implementing more and more of his scheme too. I'm pretty sure on Sean Lee's INT play, that the defense was running that amoeba D.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel so bad about losing to Seattle. Lol
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't feel so bad about losing to Seattle. Lol
^^^^^^^^ I don't feel so bad about our offensive line lol Eight sacks four from Clemons alone.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a handful of articles concerning the FS issue and it looks like the team is going to continue giving Carr looks at safety for the rest of the year. I know the chances are -.000000001 but what does the team do if he has really good success roaming center field and Jenkins continues to lock down on the outside? Do you try to resign Jenkins and have Carr make the transition permanent, do you let Jenkins skate away and try to address the safety position in the off season or do you have Church return as the starter next year?

I'm going to say that they address safety in the draft and create a package where he can float, much like the Packers do with Woodson. Jenkins won't take a discount to stay in Dallas and probably still scorned about the team drafting Claiborne. He will earn his way to a big paycheck somewhere else in the off season. Hopefully Church can get healthy and return to the position I like him most as a sub safety/linebacker hybrid.

Regardless you have to continue to love signing Carr. A lot of guys get their payday and only do as much as they have to get by, not Carr. He genuinely wants to help this team any way he can and will be a great core player for the defense.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously, our defense has been just downright awesome. The great thing about it is, a good defense is normally more reliable than a good offense.

I think Rob is implementing more and more of his scheme too. I'm pretty sure on Sean Lee's INT play, that the defense was running that amoeba D.
Dallas's defense is a complete 180 from last year. It's amazing what a couple of CBs can do for a team.

I think the improved speed in the LB core has helped a ton too.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm there with you on Spencer, leroy. It seems like he doesn't exactly have the quickness to get to the Qb regularly, but he puts a lot of pressure on his man and has looked excellent in run defense. Looking a lot like a Shaun Ellis type of DE.
This is why I've been on record as to say if we let him walk a 4-3 team or hybrid defense would be really happy with Spencer. We won't see the 12 sacks from him, but he does everything else really solid. Not enough to re-sign IMO, but enough to notice what he brings to the table. He'd probably make a hell of a LE in a 4-3 defense. Look at what Seattle runs. I think Red Bryant is one of the DE's, I can't remember the last sack he's had but you can't move him or run on him.

I think somebody may have a point when talking about the D-lines we've faced. Tough start. Granted, Michael Bennett isn't a pro bowler but McCoy & Clayborn open things up for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any FA RT's we could take a stab at that might light a fire under Free's ass?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Are there any FA RT's we could take a stab at that might light a fire under Free's ass?
Looks like Det has Chrerilus and Fox coming up. I doubt they sing both and both would be an upgrade over Free.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Could to coax Marcus McNeill out of retirement and hope to pull some miracle Marc Colombo rehab or McKenzie is still on the street.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Could to coax Marcus McNeill out of retirement and hope to pull some miracle Marc Colombo rehab or McKenzie is still on the street.
Now there's an idea! I like where everyone's brains are going this morning. :)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I read a handful of articles concerning the FS issue and it looks like the team is going to continue giving Carr looks at safety for the rest of the year. I know the chances are -.000000001 but what does the team do if he has really good success roaming center field and Jenkins continues to lock down on the outside? Do you try to resign Jenkins and have Carr make the transition permanent, do you let Jenkins skate away and try to address the safety position in the off season or do you have Church return as the starter next year?

I'm going to say that they address safety in the draft and create a package where he can float, much like the Packers do with Woodson. Jenkins won't take a discount to stay in Dallas and probably still scorned about the team drafting Claiborne. He will earn his way to a big paycheck somewhere else in the off season. Hopefully Church can get healthy and return to the position I like him most as a sub safety/linebacker hybrid.

Regardless you have to continue to love signing Carr. A lot of guys get their payday and only do as much as they have to get by, not Carr. He genuinely wants to help this team any way he can and will be a great core player for the defense.
Sadly, I think that Jenkins is mentally set himself up to play out this season without causing a distraction, while focusing on playing his best ball ever in order to land a new starting gig with another team giving him a big payday.

I really don't think there is a desire for him to stay and the only way he would is if we franchised him, which I don't see happening.

It's really unfortunate, but we played our cards wrong in giving Scandrick the payday that Jenkins wanted. He might've wanted more, but the fact that he didn't get extended last year and then we paid up for Scandrick, Carr and got Claiborne gave him legit reasons to check out mentally as far as wanting to be a Cowboy for the rest of his career.

He's gonna look for greener pastures and he's gonna get it.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dallas's defense is a complete 180 from last year. It's amazing what a couple of CBs can do for a team.

I think the improved speed in the LB core has helped a ton too.
Been wanting to upgrade ILB since the Dinosaur ages. I was NEVER a fan of Bradie James. Sorry Bradie. Brooking was fun under Wade, but that was nothing but a stop gap solution gone bad. Great guys... just slow as molasses.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Really looking forward to this weekend's match up with the Bears. I think we're both very similar teams right now. Both good defensively. Both have shoddy Offensive Lines. Both have a gunslinging QB prone to making mistakes. Normally, I'd say we both have good RBs, but with Forte being an unsure play, we might have an edge there. I've been banking on Homefield advantage for my preseason prediction of us winning this. I think we can pull this puppy off!

Last week, I definitely thought homefield paid off for us. Especially with the way replacement refs have been favoring home teams so badly. That Romo fumble should've been a TD. Phew.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been wanting to upgrade ILB since the Dinosaur ages. I was NEVER a fan of Bradie James. Sorry Bradie. Brooking was fun under Wade, but that was nothing but a stop gap solution gone bad. Great guys... just slow as molasses.
Just imagine if you had Watt!

Sorry, I had to. You know I love me some defense.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just imagine if you had Watt!

Sorry, I had to. You know I love me some defense.
Yeah our offense would be even MORE inept!

You guys still thrilled about drafting David Wilson?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Really looking forward to this weekend's match up with the Bears. I think we're both very similar teams right now. Both good defensively. Both have shoddy Offensive Lines. Both have a gunslinging QB prone to making mistakes. Normally, I'd say we both have good RBs, but with Forte being an unsure play, we might have an edge there. I've been banking on Homefield advantage for my preseason prediction of us winning this. I think we can pull this puppy off!

Last week, I definitely thought homefield paid off for us. Especially with the way replacement refs have been favoring home teams so badly. That Romo fumble should've been a TD. Phew.
The teams are pretty similar in a lot of area's right now. I think our defense is a bit better though all around.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah our offense would be even MORE inept!

You guys still thrilled about drafting David Wilson?
He wasn't my first choice but I was ok with the pick. I had him rated pretty high, he was my 2nd rated RB in the draft. Typical Giants pick, he'll sit for a year and see minimal impact as a rookie. Coughlin never hands the keys to a rookie. He'll get his chance next year.

I'm not a fan of drafting RBs high, but I can see why the pick was made. If he can become what we hope, it opens up our offense a lot more.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He wasn't my first choice but I was ok with the pick. I had him rated pretty high, he was my 2nd rated RB in the draft. Typical Giants pick, he'll sit for a year and see minimal impact as a rookie. Coughlin never hands the keys to a rookie. He'll get his chance next year.

I'm not a fan of drafting RBs high, but I can see why the pick was made. If he can become what we hope, it opens up our offense a lot more.
The reason why Wilson is sitting is not because he's a rookie.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

I wonder if Montre Holland is still on the teams radar, I know they were impressed with his workout before the season but didn't want to give him a guaranteed contract. The combination of Free and Big Mac just isn't working on the right side, as both are struggling to block anyone. Another option to bolster the depth on the line is Trai Essex who was just released by the Colts.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wonder if Montre Holland is still on the teams radar, I know they were impressed with his workout before the season but didn't want to give him a guaranteed contract. The combination of Free and Big Mac just isn't working on the right side, as both are struggling to block anyone. Another option to bolster the depth on the line is Trai Essex who was just released by the Colts.
Good thinking. Holland was our best performer along the OL last season... at least according to PFF, lol.