Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
lyrical genius
He certainly is.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
http://modernchemistry.bandcamp.com/

everyone give these guys a listen. they're my dudes. and not like "i went to high school with the one dudes girlfriend" like these are the guys i got drunk with last night and they put on a private show. i mean, we were all drunk but it ruled. Do me a favor and check them out. they're actually good. not lying about that
Pfft. When has good music ever come out of New Brunswick?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Pfft. When has good music ever come out of New Brunswick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy Jeff's band just released this, today. I'm hoping for big things for him once the album is released...

Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Change of plans, Im going to the Bon Iver show. Cant wait.

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I love this cover, it's so great. I saw Bon Iver in Ottawa two weeks ago, it was ******* amazing. You are in for a treat, good sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for those who love rock:

amazing

Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
These guys are incredibly talented musicians. It says something about a musician that can play multiple instruments, but they way these guys do it and the arrangement of their songs are incredible. If more people knew about instrumental music like this, there would be no reason for dubstep to exist
Quote:

I saw your thing on Twitter, glad you were able to go. I'm sure you were blown away. Bon Iver is one of those shows that you remember all your life...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally saw an entire Ben Howard set live on Friday Night, after missing some of his set during Bonnaroo, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and probably my personal favorite. He played every song I wanted to hear, Old Pine, The Fear, The Wolves, and played songs that give me an entirely new appreciation for them. The live version of Black Flies is something that is absolutely unreal to watch. Depth over distance was what they opened with and what a way to open it. They didn't play The Fear until the encore and it was one of the highlights of my music going experience this summer. I actually just got goosebumps again thinking about it. Ben Howard played one of their newer songs by himself, Ezmerelda, and it might be the single most incredible thing I've ever seen a guitarist do. The crowd was so into the show, I've never seen a more vocal/enthusiastic crowd at such a small venue. And the people around us were great. There were four women who came up next to us who drove from DC to the show in Philly and were great to talk to between sets/songs, they were probably the only group of people that knew them as well as me and my friend who I went with. After the show we were hanging out and I found out the one girl knows Johnathan and Tyler from The Head and the Heart, which was just crazy to think about how small of a world we live in.

We were about the fourth row from the stage and got to see everything perfect, I was almost directly in front of where Ben was playing, with a great view of India and the drummer, Chris. They also have a backup guitarist, who is actually Chris's brother. Adds a whole new dynamic because he can hold a rhythm while Ben goes and and does some crazy fingerpicking that no one has ever heard of before, or he can solo while Ben does a absolutely crazy rhythmic fingerpicking on his guitar. Usually while India is singing like an angel and playing a funky ass bassline. Chris, who is usually the drummer also plays bass, and there are a few songs where he is playing bass and drumset at the same time. And I hate to say it because of my obsession with India, but his basslines are even better than hers, both more difficult rhythmically and for exploratory in the melody of it. Even when its just the three of them, they produce such a full, complete sound that it is as if an entire orchestra is on stage. It really is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I actually just got chills again thinking about it.

Seeing a show like that is what its all about for me. I left that single show with a similar feeling when I left Bonnaroo, disappointed it was over, but fulfilled. Seeing a group of musicians working so closely together and having so much fun, not only with themselves, but with the crowd. There was one guy in the crowd who had some great responses to what Ben was saying in between songs. Ben said "I'm gonna play a little bit of a sad song now" and this guy blurts out "Ben your sad songs make me happy" and it got a chuckle out of Ben and India, and Ben follows it up with "at least the hecklers here are friendly". That's Philadelphia for you Ben. Another guy asked India to a date and Ben has the perfect response, looks over at India and says" You hear that? You were officially asked out by the guy in the green shirt with the monstrous guns" And then picks up his scrawny surfer arms like a body builder. Perfect crowd interaction.

The one girl in that group that we would talk to turned around after The Fear was over and said to me that my life has been changed. She was probably joking because of the conversations we had throughout the show, but she was right. That show put even more of a light under my ass to become a better bass player and a better musician, I can't even really define it but there is something more to it than there was before. This was one of those rare moments where I was able to enjoy one of the best possible live performances and take away more than just the performance. That type of atmosphere, that type of feeling that I had at that show, and since, I can't say I've ever had that before, and it is one of the best possible gifts I could get. That type of entertainment and inspiration, even the mind set the show put me into, was priceless, and it only cost me $20. That is what music is about.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Ben Howard show Friday night, I spent most of the day listening to Babel. I know I said it before, but its a masterpiece. I'm not going to go into specifics about any songs until its released because I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I already bought the album for myself, and I suggest anyone else who likes Mumford buy Babel as well, the money is well spent and, like what I said in the end of my other (obviously too long) post, the return you get from it is well worth the price of the album. The music I heard this weekend was really perfect. I found myself in a great head space and thought this out after it all...

Any music can make you dance, good music can make you think, and great music can make you come to realizations.

On Mumford's album especially, listening to the lyrics, and feeling the emotion of the songs, its easy to just find yourself upon what I would call a "truth", some sort of standard that I will live by, or realizing the importance of people and things in your life without even really truly thinking about it. You have the thought and you know its right. Listening to Babel is an emotional thing for me. Mumford is so good at making the listener feel specific and broad emotions with their music and their lyrics. I've probably listened to Babel a handful of times through this weekend and each time through I've gotten goosebumps, tears, or moments where I find the only thing I am able to do is laugh like an idiot. Those pure emotions that you get out of music are what its all about, and Mumford is incredible at helping you reach those moments.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah a Bon Iver show is a must see for any music fan. It was a great time. I'm going to see Two Gallants in Brooklyn tomorrow. Theyre in nyc tonight, but I unfortunately cannot go. Theyre my all time favorite.

*edit: I may have already posted these songs, but I'm all giddy and excited for tomorrow.

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eatw's show descriptions make me smile
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
eatw's show descriptions make me smile
Thanks McGee, just trying to share a little bit of what I got. I figure not everyone is going to read most of those anyway, but those that do I at least hope they get something out of it.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Who wants to hear the title track off of Babel!?!?!

They start the album with this song. Keep that in mind. God damn do they ever make a statement.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't stop listening to this song.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I just can't stop listening to this song.

I really dig Iron & Wine. His music is really captivating to me, his unique singing really pulls me in. I really like this song, almost all of Sam Beam's music is awesome, but this song, and most of his album Woman King are probably my favorites of his.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bon Iver "winding down"

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/bon-i...e-winding-down
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I get the feeling from the quotes in that article, and the overall tone of the article towards the end that this is a normal, we're-resting-after-touring-for-two-straight-years type of deal. He says not for sure about the future out of respect for his bandmates, he realizes that if they wish to go off and do their own thing, some of them probably could, and if more would leave and not come back, then that'd be the "end" of Bon Iver, or he'd have to find some new bandmates.

Hopefully it's not the end, doesn't seem that way. I understand taking time to rest, but I'll bet it's not long before he's off working with other musicians, writing new stuff, and getting the band back together for the next album. He's to talented of a musician with too much love for what he does to step away for too long. Of course, it gives me a sad that I will have to wait longer than I expected for some more Bon Iver. Either way, I'm glad I saw them at Roo this year.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's the end. I hate Bon Iver. Please take Radiohead with you.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I hope it's the end. I hate Bon Iver. Please take Radiohead with you.

I'm rather meh on Radiohead, but damn you, Rob, damn you to hell! Take back what you said about Bon Iver!!!

I can see how some people aren't fans. It's very unique music, and if your tastes don't match up with it... well, you have that comment above, lol. I know a lot of people are HUGE fans of the Killers, but outside of Queen, I'm not a big fan of that type of stadium rock. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Also, I feel like an old man for saying that.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Radiohead is godlike you scoundrels.

Maybe the best concert I've ever been to and the list of artists I've seen is rather astounding for someone my age.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote