Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Jets: NT Sione Pouha because he's a heck of a run stuffer and is a guy who does not get much credit at all for the Jets D. Mike DeVito is a close 2nd.

Plus he's hilarious

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 09-27-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
I'm not sure there's a real answer for the Eagles. Maybe Kendricks if he plays well and isn't recognized for it..otherwise, maybe Kurt Coleman? Would probably be one of the first starters you'd upgrade but has never really been a liability...Derek Landri has also been very good and actually might be the best answer for Philly..Honorable mention to Philip Hunt who doesn't get much recognition for just making it this far and still occasionally flashing.
I always get the impression that Kurt Coleman holds the Eagles defense back when I watch their games. He's the worst player on the field.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm....probably Cromartie on the Jets.

Any underrated defensive player conversation I wander into forces me to drop the name of Darnell Dockett. Criminally underrated the past few seasons...
Old 09-27-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To Don Vito, Cmarq and Matthew I was definitely thinking about Kyle Love for this thread. His lack of publicity even led my brother who is a Colts fan to say the Pats front seven won't be very good until they upgrade the other DT spot next to Wilfork which is absolutely ridiculous.

The reason I said Wilfork is because, for me, the guy is a hall of famer. However a lot of people still see him as the guy who anchors the middle because he is a fat guy and that just isn't the case. He commands double teams, he can split them and penetrate, be a monster two gapping when asked to, makes plays in the backfield, gets his hands up to knock passes down, can rush the passer, and one thing that doesn't for some reason get talked about much - the Pats defense at the goal line and/or 3rd or 4th and short the last two years has been extraordinary. The main reason for this is Wilfork. He just crushes other team's blocking schemes from the get go.

Plus he is versatile. He allows Belichick to run that hybrid front where Jones will one gap at right end, Wilfork will one gap at under tackle, Love will two gap on the nose and Ninkovich (for some strange reason) or Deaderick can two gap at 5 technique. However this front can change at the last second because Wilfork can do anything he is asked, with the exception of lining up as an outside pass rusher. He really should be mentioned in the same air as other interior guys like Ngata, Smith, Watt etc, however he is still stuck with this notion of being a 2 down run stuffer which could not be further from the truth

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Hmmm....probably Cromartie on the Jets.

Any underrated defensive player conversation I wander into forces me to drop the name of Darnell Dockett. Criminally underrated the past few seasons...
Agree on both counts. Dockett is criminally underrated and so is Cromartie.

Cromartie is one of the best CBs in the league but gets overshadowed by Revis.

It's amazing, that FA class, Nmandi got all the attention, but there were 2 CBs available who were both better and cheaper than him in Cro and Joseph.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Agree on both counts. Dockett is criminally underrated and so is Cromartie.

Cromartie is one of the best CBs in the league but gets overshadowed by Revis.

It's amazing, that FA class, Nmandi got all the attention, but there were 2 CBs available who were both better and cheaper than him in Cro and Joseph.
The big thing I will be looking for from the Jets the rest of the way is whether or not Rex changes his defensive philosophy because of Revis' loss or if he moves Cromarties to that role. Cro is not even close to the cover guy Revis is, however he has better make up speed and better ball skills. If Cro plays in Revis' old role it could lead to a lot of chances for INTs but also a lot of chances for the offense to make big plays.

I would hate to see the Jets go more conservative now with Revis out because Cro can play in that role, however they may be forced to because the next guys up just aren't good enough

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well moving McKnight to CB kind of sounds desperate so who knows what else he is going to do to try and save the situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is D'Qwell Jackson still underrated? Guy had a great year last year and is having an even better year this year but hasn't been to a pro bowl because he plays for the Browns. Ahtyba Rubin is underrated too still for similar reasons.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Not Michael Griffin.
Michael Griffin is a bad football player, and I don't know why or what happened to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Hard call on the Steelers. Lots of players get the attention they deserve, if not more. I'd go with Ryan Clark I guess. He's been a big time player, but Troy of course takes the attention away.
If Polamalu wasn't in the same secondary, Clark would garner Pro Bowl consideration on a yearly basis. He is a great player and completely takes away the deep part of the field. All you have to do is watch that defense when they play in Denver, and then compare that to what they look like the very next week. It's not even close to how much better their secondary is when he's in the game. Great tackler too. Very good in run support, but he does such a great job taking away the deep ball. He's one of the most underrated players in the NFL in my opinion. If he created more turnovers, he'd be among the elite safeties in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
Carlos Dunlap for us. People don't realize what a force he us. He came back for week 3 against the skins and just completely changes the complexion of the defense.
Carlos Dunlap is a heck of a player. He is really ******* good. He can do a lot. The Bengals defense is atrocious (mostly because of their secondary), but, like you said, when he's on the field, they look a lot better. Another guy, Andrew Hawkins... wow, this little bastard is going to be good. I haven't seen a player harder to tackle in the open field this year. He is going to be a great compliment to AJ Green.

Aside from that... a couple guys have gotten mentions that I just want to reiterate.

KJ Wright, Stephen Nicholas and Chad Greenway. Those are three of the best 43 LBs in the NFL right now. None of them get the notoriety they deserve. Greenway has been doing it for a lot longer at a high level, but he hardly gets any recognition.

Nicholas, every time I watch the Falcons, looks like best defensive player on the field. Grimes also emerged as well last year, but Nicholas is just a wrecking machine. He looks like the fastest LB in the NFL, plays the fastest anyway. The whole Falcons defense is kinda underrated. They might have one of the four or five best defenses in the NFL. As long as those safeties (DeCoud and Moore) keep playing well, I think they could easily contend for a Top 5 defense by the end of the season.

The Ravens were mentioned, but not the player that I would mention. Lardarius Webb is turning into the second best player on that defense. Not only do I think he's a notch below Ngata, but he's one of the best CBs in the NFL. He's usually spoken of highly, but he really is turning into an elite player. Obviously he's going to get overshadowed by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. And then Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata.

Another player I want to mention is Champ Bailey. He's a Hall of Famer, everyone knows who he is, but the guy just shows no signs of slowing down. Speed is still there (which has left other players in his age range like Charles Woodson) and his toughness against the run, which I think has always been an underrated part of his game, is still there. He is a physical player and does a great job in run support. But his cover skills... still among the best in the NFL. The Von Miller's of the world are garnering more publicity on that defense, but I still think Champ is the best defensive player on that team.

And last but not least, Golden Tate... dude is a boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-27-2012 at 12:57 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is hard to tell for the Colts, just because the defense is new and some guys are still adjusting while others are new to the team and kind of unknown.

An easy answer in the past has been Antoine Bethea. But the last few seasons he has had a lot of mistakes to try to cover up. Our CBs and SS have been complete dog **** and Bethea does ok trying to do his job and everyone else's. But in the Bob Sanders heydays Bethea was a beast of a FS. I hope he can go back to playing like that this year. He can be special playing deep coverage, but can come up and deliver a big hit at the line too.

A newcomer that has done surprisingly well is former-CFL LB Jerell Freeman. I'll call him underrated because right now no one outside of Indy (and probably not many there either) has him rated at all. He's had a strip sack fumble, a pick 6, and has made a number of good tackles close to the line of scrimmage.

Cory Redding has stepped up to lead the defense, both vocally and with his on-field production, and is probably our best D lineman. I don't really know what his reputation is around the league and amongst fans outside of Baltimore.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson Jackson, no question. He is exactly what they wanted when they drafted him #3. Since he plays a 4 tech, 2 gap, with minimal penetration responsibilities, people think he's a bust. Ask a RT that tries to handle him.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Starks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns fans know how awesome Ahtyba Rubin is, but seemingly no one else does. He is an absolute beast at defensive tackle.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Browns fans know how awesome Ahtyba Rubin is, but seemingly no one else does. He is an absolute beast at defensive tackle.
A couple weeks ago I looked up his contract, hoping he would be a free agent next season so the Colts could take a shot. I was disappointed to see how very locked up he is.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well moving McKnight to CB kind of sounds desperate so who knows what else he is going to do to try and save the situation.
Well he did have three ints in practice, granted it was against Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Randy Starks.
If you wanted to make a case that Randy Starks was the most underrated player in the league, I probably wouldn't argue with you.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Tyson Jackson, no question. He is exactly what they wanted when they drafted him #3. Since he plays a 4 tech, 2 gap, with minimal penetration responsibilities, people think he's a bust. Ask a RT that tries to handle him.

J
I cannot tell if this man is serious.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I cannot tell if this man is serious.
Cannot be much worse than you pumping up Golden Tate in an underrated defensive player thread.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Cannot be much worse than you pumping up Golden Tate in an underrated defensive player thread.
I was being sarcastic.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Chad Greenway. There isn't a linebacker in the league that's played better through the first 3 weeks.
Greenway is widely considered one of the best 4-3 LBs in the NFL, don't see how that's underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Richard Sherman is one of the best CBs in the league.

Kam Chancellor is probably the best SS in the league.

Chris Clemons is an elite pass rusher.

Alan Branch is a very good run stuffer.

But K.J. Wright is probably the most underrated. Just a great all-around football player.
It said name the most underrated player, not list half your defense.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Starks has been in the league for ******* EVER. I remember his rookie year in Madden, he was listed at 20 years old. That's all i know about him.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
Nice to have, but not what you look for third overall. Definitely not what the chiefs hoped to be getting picking him there. At all. Pioli was looking for the next Seymour and he did not get that at all.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I agree on Geno and Dunlap, as has been mentioned by the other Bengals fans already, I'm gonna go with Mike Johnson. A lot of (stupid) Bengals fans rag on him because he doesn't put up big sack totals generally but he's a hell of an all around DE IMO. He's not one of those guys who's gonna get a lot sacks on his own but when there is an actual threat on the other side (ala Dunlap) he can be a force. Had a big game last week against a backup LT, but really his best performance so far was against Joe Thomas two weeks ago. Forget if he got a sack or not but he was giving JT fits all game long.

He's a solid 'breakout' candidate for this year and the potential to be great is still there going forward.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If you wanted to make a case that Randy Starks was the most underrated player in the league, I probably wouldn't argue with you.
Every year one of these threads pops up and every year me or DG posts Randy Starks. You'd think more people would catch on by now...haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I feel like the terms best and elite are being ver loosely used here. Clemons has 5 sacks on the year, 4 came in one quarter. While its impressive, he seems to get sacks in bunches and stays quiet for a while after. Thats not elite to me.

For the Packers, Im going Jeron McMillan. He's a rookie but he's played very, very well. Or Sam Shields/Ryan Pickett.
While I don't think Clemons gets the recognition he deserves as a pass rusher (thhe pressure he creates is greater than his sack numbers indicate.) The main reason i say he is underrated is that most people think he can't defend the run. Clemons is actually very disciplined in run defense, he's really the only guy on our DL that stays on the field on almost every situation.

However KJ Wright completely slipped my mind, and I would have to agree that he is the most underrated.