Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I give the Browns a chance based on last year. The Ravens beat a very good Houston team by two touchdowns. A week later, they play a greatly outmatched Jacksonville team, look terrible, and lose 12-7.
That was also on the road where the Ravens were frequently terrible last year. (I think they were 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road with some downright terrible performances.)

They have a very young Browns team on a short week coming into Baltimore and the Ravens outclass them when it comes to talent across the entire board.

I see this turning into a slaughter.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I see the Ravens winning by about 20. 9 in the box, just screaming "throw it on Webb and Reed grandpa, we ******* dare you"

and Raymell Rice doing his sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they'll need 9 in the box. That line is so pathetic Ngata by himself could probably stop the run. Will be entertaining non the less.

Are the replacement refs still gonna be in this one? If so.....I hipe they go out with a bang.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too see it as a slaughter. But I do see a slim possibility that the Browns could maybe make it a game possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Quote:
Referee Gene Steratore -- 10 years of NFL experience

Umpire Bill Schuster -- 13 years

Head linesman Wayne Mackie -- 6 years

Line judge Jeff Seeman -- 11 years

Field judge Bob Waggoner -- 16 years

Side judge Jimmy DeBell -- 4 years

Back judge Greg Steed -- 10 years

The replay official is Larry Nemmers and the replay assistant Ken Dollar.

Count it up. That's 70 years of league officiating experience flooding M&T Bank Stadium.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big story, but it caught my eye:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tudy-producer/

ESPN is trying to gather information about Jonathan Vilma for a "character study" and Vilma found out so he tweeted the phone number and email of the story's producer. Vilma is a fighter, good for him.

I'm pretty tired of ESPN analyzing character like they are fit to judge anyone. I really started hating it when I watched ESPN's 30 for 30 Run Ricky Run. It's amazing what the media can do to a player's reputation without the full story.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to get absolutely ******* curb stomped. If we can pull within two scores, that would be nice.

The sad pathetic expectations we've grown to have for this team...

Richardson's in for another "15 carries for 32 yards" kind of day. Sorry ktrain.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the points. The Ravens are coming off of short rest, coming from an emotional and difficult Sunday night game to Thursday night vs an opponent that's easy to overlook. It's a division game too.

When I see that, short rest vs a division opponent and the spread is spotting me 2 touchdowns, I'm taking the points.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ice-for-lions/

Stafford is back to practice. Now they can't start top 20 QB Shaun Hill....sad day...
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Anyone give the Browns a chance tonight? Anyone at all? Barring a complete meltdown by the Ravens in all phases of the game, I don't see it happening.

The Browns are a veryyy young team, on a short week, on the road, against a team that outclasses them at every single position.
I give them a chance. The Ravens lost to a mediocre Eagles team on the road. Would probably take the points if i was betting.

I don't get the NFL network and wander down to my local watering hole when there is something decent on. It'll be Stanford vs Washington for me tonight, old refs or not.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stafford is back to practice. Now they can't start top 20 QB Shaun Hill....sad day...
My fantasy team rejoices. Maybe now that he is back to his normal hurt self and the real refs are back he will go back to throwing 5 TD games.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
My fantasy team rejoices. Maybe now that he is back to his normal hurt self and the real refs are back he will go back to throwing 5 TD games.
On a serious note, I bet there is going to be a metric **** ton of DPI and illegal contact calls this weekend as the players readjust to flag-happy regular refs from the replacements who barely called that ****.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
every play will now be deep pass to Megatron = automatic pass interference.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a serious note, I bet there is going to be a metric **** ton of DPI and illegal contact calls this weekend as the players readjust to flag-happy regular refs from the replacements who barely called that ****.
Agreed. Hopefully teams get out in front of that one and work on not bumping too much in practice, but it may not make a difference.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I give them a chance. The Ravens lost to a mediocre Eagles team on the road. Would probably take the points if i was betting.

I don't get the NFL network and wander down to my local watering hole when there is something decent on. It'll be Stanford vs Washington for me tonight, old refs or not.
Would this be the dame Eagles team that so many were touting as the next Great Team?

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Not a big story, but it caught my eye:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tudy-producer/

ESPN is trying to gather information about Jonathan Vilma for a "character study" and Vilma found out so he tweeted the phone number and email of the story's producer. Vilma is a fighter, good for him.

I'm pretty tired of ESPN analyzing character like they are fit to judge anyone. I really started hating it when I watched ESPN's 30 for 30 Run Ricky Run. It's amazing what the media can do to a player's reputation without the full story.
Good for Vilma? He's a FIGHTER?

Vilma is a whiny little *****. I get why ESPN would want to do a character study, but for him to do what he did shows them he has no character to begin with.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe this Cam Newton opinion/editorial is being so heavily discussed on ESPN first take.

Have you guys seen it? And if so, do YOU see any racial motive behind it? Personally, I don't see it. I didn't think it was thread worthy so I just thought I'd bring it up here.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dang. Now Hill can't come in a continue to prove my point
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I can't believe this Cam Newton opinion/editorial is being so heavily discussed on ESPN first take.

Have you guys seen it? And if so, do YOU see any racial motive behind it? Personally, I don't see it. I didn't think it was thread worthy so I just thought I'd bring it up here.
I have no idea what you're referring to.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have no idea what you're referring to.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8431403

Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's one of the least racist things I've ever seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
What ******** garbage. Until he mentioned race in it, it never even crossed my mind. I thought it was going to be something about expectations being too high on Newton or something. I didn't even notice the "discolor."

Again, what stupid ******** garbage. It's not even ******* in color.

******* ESPN.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that a joke? What has a scouting report from 2 years ago got anything to do with that picture?

That is embarrassing.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Dang. Now Hill can't come in a continue to prove my point
What that he can complete a pass to the leagues best WR... or that he can throw the ball in the endzone and come out on the good side of a tip drill.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that Stephen A. Smith brings up the article and reads it with quotes like Newton having a me first makeup, always knows where the camera is and plays to them, and a huge ego. A lot of his actions this year have backed that up. Like when he scores a touchdown but his team is still down two TDs, he still finds the camera and does his Superman celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote