Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
rsabin@dallasnews.com
4:58 pm on September 25, 2012 | Permalink
Safety Eric Frampton won a job with the Cowboys.

After the Cowboys worked him out with four other veteran defensive backs, Frampton was signed by the team to replenish the depth at the position. Yet Frampton, 28, is expected to help out primarily on special teams, having led Minnesotaís coverage units with 22 tackles last season.

Framptonís experience could be valuable with safety and special teams captain Danny McCray assuming more responsibilities on defense.

And it appears to have helped distinguish him among a field of candidates that included Aaron Rouse, Don Carey, Tyrone Culver and Antwaun Molden.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
rsabin@dallasnews.com
4:58 pm on September 25, 2012 | Permalink
Safety Eric Frampton won a job with the Cowboys.

After the Cowboys worked him out with four other veteran defensive backs, Frampton was signed by the team to replenish the depth at the position. Yet Frampton, 28, is expected to help out primarily on special teams, having led Minnesotaís coverage units with 22 tackles last season.

Framptonís experience could be valuable with safety and special teams captain Danny McCray assuming more responsibilities on defense.

And it appears to have helped distinguish him among a field of candidates that included Aaron Rouse, Don Carey, Tyrone Culver and Antwaun Molden.
It's a good safe signing.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The reason why Wilson is sitting is not because he's a rookie.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I just found out that we're tied for last in points scored in the entire league. G'mon Garrett/Romo!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason why Wilson is sitting is not because he's a rookie.
I know. He is not great in pass protection and he fumbles. Not concerned at all. He'll learn pass protection, and no one is better than Coughlin than fixing fumbling issues.

He'll be a problem in this division for a little while, I'm not concerned about David Wilson.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be awesome if that Sean Lee picture was legit.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, I just found out that we're tied for last in points scored in the entire league. G'mon Garrett/Romo!!!
LOL C'MON D, Garrett/Romo cant do ANYTHING with this line. Cant run. Cant pass protect. 10 penalties a game. Makes scoring kinda tough, dont you think?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
LOL C'MON D, Garrett/Romo cant do ANYTHING with this line. Cant run. Cant pass protect. 10 penalties a game. Makes scoring kinda tough, dont you think?
:/ We can do better than last.

Giants had a terrible OL last year and won the SB. It's more than just the OL. I feel like good playcalling and good QB play can overcome some of the weaknesses of the OL.

Penalties can be fixed with good coaching discipline. Pre-snap snafus are just unacceptable. If Romo is getting too much pressure, run some screens, 3 step drops, try some no huddle, get back to establishing the run. Romo and his WRs aren't even on the same page all the time which is crazy considering how long they've been together in the same scheme. Our offense is too vanilla and maybe that's a result of Garrett not trusting the the team. It's something that I wonder about both he and Romo. They seem to have MAJOR MAJOR TRUST issues.

The only thing that's really not Garrett/Romo's fault is Witten's drops.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know. He is not great in pass protection and he fumbles. Not concerned at all. He'll learn pass protection, and no one is better than Coughlin than fixing fumbling issues.

He'll be a problem in this division for a little while, I'm not concerned about David Wilson.
That's true, but that's not the reason for him not playing either. He's simply not as good of a runner as Bradshaw or Brown. Not to say Wilson isn't gonna be good. But he's just not right now. Coughlin has better options right now. So imo, it was a mistake to use your first rounder on him. I'm sure the thought during the draft was that they were hoping to get a workhorse who could really bring it, even as a rookie. 1st round picks used on RBs should be instant contributors. We all know that.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true, but that's not the reason for him not playing either. He's simply not as good of a runner as Bradshaw or Brown. Not to say Wilson isn't gonna be good. But he's just not right now. Coughlin has better options right now. So imo, it was a mistake to use your first rounder on him. I'm sure the thought during the draft was that they were hoping to get a workhorse who could really bring it, even as a rookie. 1st round picks used on RBs should be instant contributors. We all know that.

I know this is the Cowboys discussion thread lol, but I disagree big time. He is a much better runner then Bradshaw, and the only reason we know Brown is a good runner is because he was given a chance. Were you positive in adding Brown to that comment before the Carolina game? I certainly wasn't, but when guys are given a shot you find out who they are.

I honestly can't even remember the last time the Giants used a 1st rounder on a guy who contributed heavily. I know Nicks contributed big time as a rookie, but he only started a few games that year.

I agree they could have gotten a player to contribute right away, but Wilson seems like he's getting confused as a guy who can't play or has no talent, which is different then just not getting a shot which is only due to Coughlin. I would have rathered they took Martin, who is a solid back but nothing special at all.

Wilson is a game changer, right now in the mold of Felix when he was a rookie, and we all know the big plays he broke off that gave us huge sparks when we needed them. The Giants don't want to use him at all since he's in the dog house, which is perfectly fine with me. But in the grand scheme of things Wilson will be a headache for us in the future, I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That makes me sad :( Well we are 1st in yards per game on the defensive side, so I guess that makes me feel slightly better lol.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I know this is the Cowboys discussion thread lol, but I disagree big time. He is a much better runner then Bradshaw, and the only reason we know Brown is a good runner is because he was given a chance. Were you positive in adding Brown to that comment before the Carolina game? I certainly wasn't, but when guys are given a shot you find out who they are.

I honestly can't even remember the last time the Giants used a 1st rounder on a guy who contributed heavily. I know Nicks contributed big time as a rookie, but he only started a few games that year.

I agree they could have gotten a player to contribute right away, but Wilson seems like he's getting confused as a guy who can't play or has no talent, which is different then just not getting a shot which is only due to Coughlin. I would have rathered they took Martin, who is a solid back but nothing special at all.

Wilson is a game changer, right now in the mold of Felix when he was a rookie, and we all know the big plays he broke off that gave us huge sparks when we needed them. The Giants don't want to use him at all since he's in the dog house, which is perfectly fine with me. But in the grand scheme of things Wilson will be a headache for us in the future, I'm sure of it.
I might sound a little harsh on Wilson, but I don't know why Bradshaw always gets a bad wrap. When healthy, dude gets the job done. He gets a lot of tough yards and does all the little things you need from your RB. He's a shade under special, but still often gets a bad wrap even from Giants fans.

I think Brown got the nod to start over Wilson because Coughlin doesn't f around with status, and will play the guy earning it in practice. Wilson's just not ready. ...and by that I don't mean he sucks... he just isn't the best guy for the job right now. Brown's performance against Carolina just proved it.

Obviously it came as a surprise. If the Giants knew what they had in Brown, I doubt Wilson would've been the pick, but I'm definitely glad they shot themselves in the foot and didn't use the pick elsewhere. lol.

It's understandable that the Giants haven't played their 1st rounders a ton as rookies, but you gotta factor in the positions those players had. IMO, when you take a RB, LB or DL... you gotta put those guys in right away. There's no crazy learning curve or mental adjustment.

I think Brown will be a bigger headache for us in the future than Wilson. ...and I'm definitely in the camp that Doug Martin is better than him. Fun part... We get to see how this plays out! :)

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-26-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as the offense, or lack thereof, is concerned a lot of that hinges on not having a running game. Btb outlined it nicely:

Quote:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...caneers-giants

The Buccaneers and Seahawks are the top-ranked run defenses in the league, the Giants are tenth and Monday night's opponent, the Bears, are ranked sixth.

When I informed my fellow BTB writers about this, I received a snickering reply (as much as an email can "snicker") pointing out that the teams were probably ranked so high because they had played against the Cowboys' "stuttering running game". So I deducted the Cowboys' running game numbers from those teams, and the rankings above changed as follows:

Tampa Bay remains number one (52.0 Y/G), Seattle stays in the number two spot (63.5 Y/G) and the Giants move up to number six (69.5) where they displace the Bears.

Effectively, the Cowboys have played three of the top six run defenses in the league so far this year and will play the seventh-ranked team on Monday night. No surprise then that the Cowboys haven't been able to rip off three 100+ yard rushing games in a row.

Our offense NEEDS a running game to keep teams from putting a ton of pressure on the line, and by extension Romo, otherwise our offense struggles. This is in NO WAY an indictment of Murray whom fights for every yard and has actually impressed with the amount of blocking he gets.

Fact of the matter is our offensive line is putrid and our play calling hasn't been able to cover it with the talented run-defenses we have stood toe-to-toe with. I wouldn't expect the faceoff with the Bears to go any different. Low scoring, defensively dominated, and the more opportunistic defense wins.

That or Murray plays out of his mind, the line blocks reasonably well, and our offense chews up yards at a fair clip. Romo and Garrett have shown they can operate with awful offensive lines it's just a matter winning the battle of wits against the defense which hasn't really happened up until this point.

In other news:

- We signed Brian Moorman (Punter) as Chris Jones has not recovered from the injury suffered against the Bucs on the roughing penalty.

Quote:
Jason Garrett on punter Chris Jones' injury: "We don't think it's going to require surgery but it may take a while."
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moorman was a multiple time probowler for the Bills, anyone know why they released him mid-season?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Moorman was a multiple time probowler for the Bills, anyone know why they released him mid-season?
I don't know what his deal was but he got off to a crappy start, like 32 yard net bad and they had some young kid they liked. He used to be a really good athlete and was the king of the fake punt because he had some wheels on him. Random stats he has 5 career rushing first downs and two passing touchdowns.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

On a much bigger note the real referees have reached a deal! Back this week including tonight's game. It's a shame really for Golden Tate. He won't be able to cheap shot anyone or get massive push-offs.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silva was released to make room for Mooreman. Interesting considering how thin the team is at safety.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Silva was released to make room for Mooreman. Interesting considering how thin the team is at safety.
Yeah it is. I figured they'd go with cutting a guy like Lemon since safety is really low right now. Maybe they figure they'll be able to sign him off the practice squad for however long they need Moorman until Jones can play again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Yeah it is. I figured they'd go with cutting a guy like Lemon since safety is really low right now. Maybe they figure they'll be able to sign him off the practice squad for however long they need Moorman until Jones can play again.
McCray and Frampton made Silva the odd man out. Silva was never a special teams ace and Lemon clearly had the advantage there. Same with Frampton.

Silva was picked up whenever he's been on the field anyhow. Blown coverage TD against Seattle and his 1 target - 1 pass interference hardly instilled confidence against the Bucs.

With Carr moving there on passing plays and McCray being backed up by Frampton there just wasn't another spot for him. Never know though Silva could be back in a couple weeks once we no longer need Moorman.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
McCray and Frampton made Silva the odd man out. Silva was never a special teams ace and Lemon clearly had the advantage there. Same with Frampton.

Silva was picked up whenever he's been on the field anyhow. Blown coverage TD against Seattle and his 1 target - 1 pass interference hardly instilled confidence against the Bucs.

With Carr moving there on passing plays and McCray being backed up by Frampton there just wasn't another spot for him. Never know though Silva could be back in a couple weeks once we no longer need Moorman.
Yeah, Norm said on the ticket that two of the big TD's they've given up were plays where Silva didn't get over fast enough. I haven't gone back to confirm that, but it appears they just aren't happy with his play.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 09-27-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So long Silva. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Frampton being signed. Yep Silva's pretty much gone then unless some more people get hurt.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I hate that we play Monday night. Ugh. Classic toilet bowl game for the two offensive lines. Bears lead the league in sacks. This game just has the recipe of disaster written all over it. If we win it'll be really ugly. Romo & Cutler will be lucky to make it through the game in one piece.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I hate that we play Monday night. Ugh. Classic toilet bowl game for the two offensive lines. Bears lead the league in sacks. This game just has the recipe of disaster written all over it. If we win it'll be really ugly. Romo & Cutler will be lucky to make it through the game in one piece.
On the plus side Tony is still playing ok considering how little the line has helped. Cutler ranks 2nd in INTs thrown and is 2nd to last in total QB rating. Still need to lock down on Marshall though because he makes some crazy catches.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We have the tools to stop Marshall. ...and that's the key to stopping the Bears. Forte is trying to return from injury. I don't see him going off. We have good run stuffers.