Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.
Default Brian Winters, OT, Kent State

Currently playing LT for KSU. He's 6-5, weighs 310. Expect him to go early in the second round, and scouts say there's a chance he'll go in the first round. Scouts also have said he's he most athletic tackle in the class. Letting you guys know that he's a player worth watching.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MAC has quite a solid group of OL this year. I honestly haven't seen very much MAC football this year (seen a couple Ball St. games, and maybe Western Michigan or something). But I like what I have read/heard about Eric Fisher more than Winters. Khalil Mack apparently had a nice game vs. Winters last week. But I have heard scouts think he'll go on the 2nd day.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might go really high, given that none of the elite tackles at premiere colleges are [NFL] LTs. (or are marginal ones)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wojo Currently playing LT for KSU. He's 6-5, weighs 310. Expect him to go early in the second round, and scouts say there's a chance he'll go in the first round. Scouts also have said he's he most athletic tackle in the class. Letting you guys know that he's a player worth watching.
Give me Dann O'Neill 6-8 305 OT on Western Michigan over this guy as a project tackle.

True Winters is worth watching some more of however. Oday Aboushi of Virginia has some impressive athletic ability as well, and blocks well in space on the move.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

O'Neill may be taken before Winters simply because of size but I'm still confident Winters will be drafted on day one.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Give me Dann O'Neill 6-8 305 OT on Western Michigan over this guy as a project tackle.

True Winters is worth watching some more of however. Oday Aboushi of Virginia has some impressive athletic ability as well, and blocks well in space on the move.
Saw O'Neill against UConn and didn't overly impress. Good size, but didn't look naturally flexible. Late round feet as well.

Aboushi I've seen twice already this season and some last year. Looks overrated a bit to me. Right tackle feet - heavy footed, some chicken wings with his hands/arms when setting up. Has some power and some nasty granted, but I think more day two.

I believe the Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher is also rated highly (first round by Kiper?) - haven't seen him or Winters yet, but will do so.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching Winters last night (vs Miami (Ohio)) and came away very, very impressed.

Solid build, big but not soft, just thick. A real mauler in the run game. Was just throwing people around. Naturally gets low and he has a ton of initial pop. Kent only threw 16 times, but he was still able to show a really nice first step in pass protection. Showed he can sit in his stance and mirror very comfortably. Clearly need to see him against better opposition, but he was really fun to watch.

I've seen Fisher from Central Michigan twice and I think I would put Winters ahead of him on this evidence.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

Yes, Winters is a monster
Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the Dri Archer cutup vs. Towson, Buffalo and Towson and watched Winters. He's good. Awesome run blocker. Best run blocking OT in this draft other than maybe Fluker. His strength really stands out. Natural bender, moves well and moves fluidly. Just overall, you can tell he's a pretty natural athlete. He's not particularly long and his arms look shortish (hard to tell but still) but he doesn't overextend and he's patient so it's less of a problem. I'm certainly intrigued. Now I'm kind of hoping Kent State gets a BCS bid so I can watch him vs. some big time competition.

Not a slight on his athleticism at all but if he's just barely 6'4, I'm wondering if he might have a higher upside inside at guard. His skillset and his ability to move people off the ball would be well suited inside.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

winters has been selected to play in the 2013 senior bowl and was also named first-team for the mid-american conference.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._continue.html

ksu will be playing northern illinois at 7 pm on friday and it will be broadcast on espn2 for all who are interested in watching winters and the lightning fast archer (named first team rb and kr along with mac special teams poy). if kent wins and ucla and texas lose they likely will be playing in a bcs bowl so a lot is on the line for the golden flashes.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

Winters injured himself at the Combine on Friday during the bench press after completing eight reps. He wasn't able to participate in any of Saturday's drills. He said he will be able to complete the drills at Kent State's pro day on March 6.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strained pec.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Id take him in the 4th or so for my Giants

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

Winters fared pretty well at his Pro Day workout. I clocked him at 5.2 then 5.1 for his 40. He didn't bench but I was told by a strength coach that he has performed 50 reps before. He jumped 8-11 for his broad jump and 31.5 inches for his vertical. His short shuttle time was 4.7 seconds. Scouts from 24 teams were present along with 4 offensive line coaches from the NFL.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the Cornell Pro Day and I overheard a few scouts bring him. They were talking about J.C. Tretter and how he is a good athlete and one of the guys specifically brought up Winters and said he was a "quick twitch athlete."

I can't see him escaping the 2nd round.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

not my video but still a great cut-up of winters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSSxqnJXbk

Last edited by wojo : 04-02-2013 at 09:31 PM.
wojo is offline   Reply With Quote