Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Manuel's going to end up having a Heisman campaign IMO, and he has all the protoype measurables of a top QB prospect.
he is going to have a heisman campaign based on his schedule and his defense, him being considered has nothing to do with his own skills, hell, he isnt even the best qb on his own team

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
he is going to have a heisman campaign based on his schedule and his defense, him being considered has nothing to do with his own skills, hell, he isnt even the best qb on his own team

He is 6'5, 240 lbs, has a good arm, and is currently the ACC's all time leader in career completion percentage. On top of that he's run a pro style offense under a coach who has produced multiple NFL draft picks. On top of this, he is tough as demonstrated by playing the second half of a bowl game with a broken leg.

Clint Trickett has a stronger arm, but that is about it. Down the road Jameis Winston will probably be a better NFL prospect, but it's impossible to say for sure as a true freshman.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Only USC fans would believe this. With the talent he had he was below average as an OC at USC, then completely ruined Jamarcus Russell in the NFL, now we see Matt Barkley regress as a Senior.
You have no clue as to what the **** you are talking about right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only USC fans would believe this. With the talent he had he was below average as an OC at USC, then completely ruined Jamarcus Russell in the NFL, now we see Matt Barkley regress as a Senior.
What does Russel being a lazy fat lard have anything to do with Kiffin?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love guys like MassNole...they always offer good lulz

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
So player motivation has nothing to do with being an NFL HC? He never had those issues under the combination of Saban, Fisher, and Miles at LSU and put up tremendous numbers in a defense first conference.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
So player motivation has nothing to do with being an NFL HC? He never had those issues under the combination of Saban, Fisher, and Miles at LSU and put up tremendous numbers in a defense first conference.
Because he was just flat out better than anyone else. The guy was still a fat, lazy **** in college.

Oh I forgot Jimbo was one of his coaches, thats why he was so good at LSU. **** me right?

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility when you said the bold part.
I laughed when I read that, too. Quite the leap to say any one person "ruined" a young player who couldn't quit getting busted, didn't really like football and had a higher BMI than some of his offensive linemen. There are certainly QBs whose situations put them at a huge disadvantage and make you wonder what their careers would've looked like had they landed in better spots (David Carr?), but JaMarcus is the quintessential example of a player simply not being suited to play in the NFL. Just a frickin' monstrous dude with a monstrous arm. Wasn't much more to Russell than that. If you want, you could ding Kiffin a little for not putting more support around Russell, or the Raiders organization as a whole for being dysfunctional and fostering an environment better suited for cultivating players' egos than their skills, but he certainly didn't ruin JaMarcus Russell.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But to tie that back into the thread - you can't say "Kiffin didn't motivate NFL Russell." Just doesn't work. Whatever kind of coach Kiffin is, Russell's problems started with himself. Russell couldn't be motivated to try to make a successful NFL career; after he got paid, it was essentially a shrug of the shoulders for him. "I got paid. I'm done."

Barkley has all the motivation in the world right now. He knows full well he's playing to be the number one pick, and you don't hear things about how Barkley doesn't have his head in it. He does - he's just not putting up the same kind of numbers that he did last year. So it's a question of whether he can make that step everyone expects him to take, the step you expect from someone you'd draft to lead an NFL offense, and he hasn't taken it. He's put up stats, but he doesn't look like he's getting better. Having a great season at USC doesn't transfer to the NFL. That's just how it goes. It's exactly the reason Jevon Snead never had a career, despite being the number 1 overall pick in I-don't-know-how-many preseason mocks after his sophomore season. Producing as an underclassman catches the eye of scouts, but if a player is going to be drafted high, he better be showing you a little more every time you see him. He should always be reinforcing the idea that he can lead an NFL team. Even if he struggles, the scout should be saying, "But he's got that accuracy, he's got that anticipation, the defense fooled him bad that time, but now he's making better reads, etc." You don't just look at his stats and say, "Well, he was really good last year, and he must be regressing this year because his coach is ruining him just like he ruined JaMarcus Russell years ago."

...Huh?

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-28-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The dude's life coach quit on him.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The dude's life coach quit on him.
Ah! See? It wasn't Kiffin's fault at all. There real question here is...

...What in the world has happened to Matt Barkley's life coach?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
But to tie that back into the thread - you can't say "Kiffin didn't motivate NFL Russell." Just doesn't work. Whatever kind of coach Kiffin is, Russell's problems started with himself. Russell couldn't be motivated to try to make a successful NFL career; after he got paid, it was essentially a shrug of the shoulders for him. "I got paid. I'm done."

Barkley has all the motivation in the world right now. He knows full well he's playing to be the number one pick, and you don't hear things about how Barkley doesn't have his head in it. He does - he's just not putting up the same kind of numbers that he did last year. So it's a question of whether he can make that step everyone expects him to take, the step you expect from someone you'd draft to lead an NFL offense, and he hasn't taken it. He's put up stats, but he doesn't look like he's getting better. Having a great season at USC doesn't transfer to the NFL. That's just how it goes. It's exactly the reason Jevon Snead never had a career, despite being the number 1 overall pick in I-don't-know-how-many preseason mocks after his sophomore season. Producing as an underclassman catches the eye of scouts, but if a player is going to be drafted high, he better be showing you a little more every time you see him. He should always be reinforcing the idea that he can lead an NFL team. Even if he struggles, the scout should be saying, "But he's got that accuracy, he's got that anticipation, the defense fooled him bad that time, but now he's making better reads, etc." You don't just look at his stats and say, "Well, he was really good last year, and he must be regressing this year because his coach is ruining him just like he ruined JaMarcus Russell years ago."

...Huh?
When a player regresses his senior season as a 4th year starter and at least in theory the skill players around him have only improved, then the first issue to look at is the coaching the player is receiving as the reason for the drop off, especially once the level of competition he faces increases. The last 2 weeks he is 42/74, 446 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT, for a QB rating of 104.1. Not exactly the makings of a Top 10 pick.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
When a player regresses his senior season as a 4th year starter and at least in theory the skill players around him have only improved, then the first issue to look at is the coaching the player is receiving as the reason for the drop off, especially once the level of competition he faces increases. The last 2 weeks he is 42/74, 446 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT, for a QB rating of 104.1. Not exactly the makings of a Top 10 pick.
You are something else man.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you blaming Barkley's coaching??? These are mostly the same coaches that helped him to steadily progress in his development since his freshman year.
As a senior should be when a QB who's started for 4 years actually needs LESS coaching, not more.

The season is still early. I expect Barkley to get back on his grind very soon.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Ah! See? It wasn't Kiffin's fault at all. There real question here is...

...What in the world has happened to Matt Barkley's life coach?
The sad thing is, USC QBs are too busy being blown by ultra hot women to need life coaches.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
EJ Manuel plays in a dick conference and has played no team this season with anything resembling a quality defense. Barkley is a much better prospect than Manuel will ever be. Manuel's all the sudden being hyped due to one game - he does not play at a consistently high level.

I'm not worried about Barkley. He isn't regressing - he lost Kalil - his blindside protector and that offensive line has had trouble protecting him the past few weeks. Stanford was hitting him every chance they got and Cal has a pretty solid defense as well.

Someone mentioned Keith Price's struggles vs. Stanford were due to the offensive line not being able to protect him in the Keith Price thread yet no one seems to want to recognize that same issue might be why Barkley has struggled some.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
The sad thing is, USC QBs are too busy being blown by ultra hot women to need life coaches.
Barkley is very Tebow-esque, lol. Hes been dating a girl for like 7 years now, and I doubt they have even ******.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the fact that he's lost 3 key guys in his line had nothing to do with it? Interesting.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Barkley is very Tebow-esque, lol. Hes been dating a girl for like 7 years now, and I doubt they have even ******.
If that is at all true he's doing it so, so, so wrong.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
If that is at all true he's doing it so, so, so wrong.
Yeah she goes to Seattle U, they both rock promise rings. My buddy at USC says that he constantly sees Barkley racing off from parties on his bike while a crowd of like 10 dimes chase him. (Doesnt drive a care anywhere)

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah she goes to Seattle U, they both rock promise rings. My buddy at USC says that he constantly sees Barkley racing off from parties on his bike while a crowd of like 10 dimes chase him. (Doesnt drive a care anywhere)
A bike bike or motorcycle bike

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Like a mountain bike lol.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
He's got a promise ring on with a gf going to Seattle U...

It's probably a scooter.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley

HS
Freshman: 57.3% for 1685 yards 10 TDs/ 9 INTs
Sophomore: 57.1% for 1349 yards 11 TDs/ 5 INTs
Junior: 62.6% for 3560 yards 35 TDs / 9 INTs
Senior: 54.7% for 2877 yards 23 TDs/ 18 INTs

College
Freshman: 59.9% for 2735 yards 15 TDs/ 14 INTs
Sophomore: 62.6% for 2791 yards 26 TDs/ 12 INTs
Junior: 69.1% for 3528 yards 39 TDs/ 7 INTs
Senior: 61.5 % for 1005 yards 12 TDs/ 5 INTs

Eerily similar.