Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
lol the Nets. They're still terrible.

You were saying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Joe Johnson can save a franchise.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wouldn't be too upset that being a douche doesn't come naturally to you.
Are you gonna have fun this season updating us on all those tweets from rubio and love? Bc theres nothing else for you to look forward to. Your team sucks.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Are you gonna have fun this season updating us on all those tweets from rubio and love? Bc theres nothing else for you to look forward to. Your team sucks.
woah meow, don't be hating on team white boy
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will never understand how you think the Knicks are a decent franchise.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I will never understand how you think the Knicks are a decent franchise.
We have size, a top 3 Center in the league, Camby on the bench, we have a great defense (#1 in the league when Woodson took over), we have a top scorer in the league, and good complimentary pieces and an old but good bench.

This team is talented. Age is obviously a concern, but none of those guys are starters, they're bench players. And the Celtics have proven that talented aging vets can still be very effective in this league.

The only team that is head and shoulders above the Knicks in the East is Miami. That's it.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

the Knicks backcourt without Shumpert is putrid. A fat guy and a chucker.
then off the bench comes an old guy and...I kinda like Ronnie Brewer, but still.

Wait, and Tyson can't score and Amar'e was poop last year. I just...never mind. I'll stop
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
then off the bench comes an old guy and...I kinda like Ronnie Brewer, but still.

Wait, and Tyson can't score and Amar'e was poop last year. I just...never mind. I'll stop
And Melo.....you forgot Melo. He's still their #1.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

Tyson is a top 3 center in the league. When he comes to the bench, we have Camby to sub in for him. So we'll have that defensive presence the entire game on the court. We can even go 2 big and completely take away layups.

Shump is a lockdown defender. Melo is actually a pretty good defender when he cares (aka the playoffs), the only weak spots is we need a sharp shooter in the backcourt, and our PG situation is iffy bc of the age of Kidd and Felton is kind of fat.

But Felton thrived in NY, and Kidd isn't playing 40 minutes.

We're a very good team. The Nets might have changed jerseys, cities, and colors, but they're still the Nets. You can shine up a turd as much as you want, it's still a turd.

The Knicks will be in the ECF. Book it.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i like the suns this year. I mean, not to be awesome, but solid and make it as the 6 seed or so. I like the makeup of their team.
Not a chance in hell.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyson is a top 3 center in the league. When he comes to the bench, we have Camby to sub in for him. So we'll have that defensive presence the entire game on the court. We can even go 2 big and completely take away layups.

Shump is a lockdown defender. Melo is actually a pretty good defender when he cares (aka the playoffs), the only weak spots is we need a sharp shooter in the backcourt, and our PG situation is iffy bc of the age of Kidd and Felton is kind of fat.

We're a very good team. The Nets might have changed jerseys, cities, and colors, but they're still the Nets. You can shine up a turd as much as you want, it's still a turd.

Only because Rose is hurt. Otherwise the it'd be Bulls and Heat.

You're nothing more than a shinier version of the Hawks.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not a chance in hell.
Let people think Michael Beasley is good for another month or two.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Only because Rose is hurt. Otherwise the it'd be Bulls and Heat.

You're nothing more than a shinier version of the Hawks.
The Bulls suck. I actually wish Rose didn't get hurt so we could smear our **** on their chest.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:

Felton thrived in NYC...that was 20 pounds ago and under a coach who makes any PG look good. And you can have your 2 bigs, that just means I won't have to worry about Brook getting abused in the paint because there will be 0 offense coming from those 2. You're not worried that Tyson struggled against literally everyone in the Olympics?

And that's cute, attacks on the Nets and no mention of blowing up the entire team. I guess that means we're getting back to being relevant, hooray! So much talented than the Knicks it hurts. Hopefully we mesh quickly and can mask our huge hole of interior D, but we'll see what happens. I'm so excited for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not a chance in hell.
Did I say 6? I meant 8. Eh, maybe not. Damn the West is good. I just like a fair amount of guys on that team. They won't be really good, but not terrible like people are making them out to be.
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Felton thrived in NYC...that was 20 pounds ago and under a coach who makes any PG look good. And you can have your 2 bigs, that just means I won't have to worry about Brook getting abused in the paint because there will be 0 offense coming from those 2. You're not worried that Tyson struggled against literally everyone in the Olympics?

And that's cute, attacks on the Nets and no mention of blowing up the entire team. I guess that means we're getting back to being relevant, hooray! So much talented than the Knicks it hurts. Hopefully we mesh quickly and can mask our huge hole of interior D, but we'll see what happens. I'm so excited for it.

Did I say 6? I meant 8. Eh, maybe not. Damn the West is good. I just like a fair amount of guys on that team. They won't be really good, but not terrible like people are making them out to be.
The Nets are a 4 seed at best. They're not a great team. The Knicks are better in almost every way.

We have enough scorers, I'm not concerned about offense at all. Melo and Stat are gonna do plenty.

And we're versatile, when we put Melo at the 4, the only team in the league who can match up with that is Miami, maybe Oklahoma too.

The Knicks are going to be the only real threat to Miami in the East this year.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Who's that girl? lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
The Nets are a 4 seed at best. They're not a great team. The Knicks are better in almost every way.

We have enough scorers, I'm not concerned about offense at all. Melo and Stat are gonna do plenty.

And we're versatile, when we put Melo at the 4, the only team in the league who can match up with that is Miami, maybe Oklahoma too.

The Knicks are going to be the only real threat to Miami in the East this year.
I can't believe I'm diving into this, but:

Deron and CJ Watson >>>>>>>>>>> Felton and Kidd and it's not even close.

Joe Johnson and MarShon also blow JR Smith and Brewer away.

SF, Melo's a stud scorer, but Gerald Wallace, even in his old age, can at least contain him a bit. I fully trust Wallace to be able to keep melo somewhat in check

STAT sucks now. I used to love him, but he's garbage. Him and Hump would be like a cripple fight.

Tyson and Camby would shut down Brook, but since they have no offense, they wouldn't take advantage of Brook's inability to defend.

But hey, when this season comes and the Knicks come out, guns a blazin' with mediocrity, we'll see what your excuses are then.

The Nets bench with Childress, Mizra, Blatche, and Toko is the most boom or bust thing ever. Could be fun to watch, or disasterous
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have size, a top 3 Center in the league,
1. D12
2. Bynum
3. Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins at 3??

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is BBD always like this?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

I also like BBD aiming high. ECF, ECF, ECF!!. Miami, OKC, and LAL fans are all thinking Championship. Bottom line is NYK isn't winning anything for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Is BBD always like this?
I take it you don't visit the NBA thread too often.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it that crazy of a thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Cousins at 3? Give me a ******* break.