Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.
Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.
Yes exactly. I'm one who believes that injuries are pretty random. If you re-injure something specific then it's not but the examples are too far and wide to be able to point to a specific thing and blame it for why injuries are occurring.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.
Eh, that's not proven. Every time they show video of giants camp, and from the games I used to go, they all go out as a team and do their group stretch. I think that's not the area.

If I were to guess based on my experience around teams, I'd say it's the training program created by the strength and conditioning guy, and the program implemented by them.

We get the same types of injuries. ACL, hamstring, while stuff like achilles and broken bones seem to be the least in our case. Some teams can do well year after year when it comes to injuries as a whole.

I'd love to see how their strength and conditioning guys create and implement their program vs our guys. What do they do in terms of food? Are we as strict when it comes to diet? That plays a part too.

That's the side of football not that many fans know. I remember sitting with the coaches, when a strength and conditioning guy came in to visit another coach. They were talking about all this, while I sat quietly and listened. I thought it was a very interesting part of the game, even I didn't know or have heard about.

I remember the S&C guy saying how he heard of friend or another guy got fired because the players kept getting hurt and same types of injuries so they decided to make a change. Since then I always wondered how our S&C guy does things vs other teams guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I mean. This is a sample S&C guide by a S&C coach who does this for a college program. This is what it given to the players.

http://www.bluefield.edu/mediafiles/...r-strength.pdf

So my point is that perhaps a S&C coach focuses on one thing more than another and that is the reason why injuries of a specific part of the body vary from team to team. While injuries will occur by the very nature of the sport, the degree and part of the body effected may be attributed to the very way a team works out or conditions themselves.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh
In his knee? That doesn't sound too good. Damn injury plague! Maybe we need to shut him down completely for a couple of weeks just to let him get back to full speed.

A shame about the others as well. Especially Hosley. We are thin enough as it is at CB.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's his left knee while he had the surgery on his right foot. Maybe it really wouldn't be the worst idea to designate IR him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nicks being doubtful and hosley out makes me wanna cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
nicks being doubtful and hosley out makes me wanna cry
I loved Hosley as a draft prospect, but we really can't be too surprised about him being injured again. He had injuries in college that he had to deal with and that was on his scouting report. The dude is fast and quick, but frail. That's why I loved Brandon Boykin so much more... makes me sick that the Eagles got him so late and he's doing so good for them.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Hi Shane. Glad to see you here!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nicks officially ruled out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel good about this game. Too many bodies not suiting up.

We can get away with injuries vs the Panthers, but not the Eagles. This is not good.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They might win but it's not because of injuries. We still have plenty of talent on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My concern is having Coe/Tryon out there. Teams have routinely isolated them and picked on them whenever they get the chance. The Eagles are explosive and can really make us pay for that.

Those 2 to 3 plays in a game where they get that matchup, they can really make it hurt with their speed.

I'm also concerned about not having Rolle. He's a great tackler, actually one of our leading tacklers, and Hill is still green.

Offensively, my concern is our OL vs their DL, and with no Nicks out there they can key in on Cruz. Barden doesn't have the speed to make them get out of any Cover 3 shells that would key in on Cruz.

And Hixon is just doesn't have it anymore.

We need Unicorn to really have a big game. 6 7" vs midget LBs and mediocre safeties. He's gonna have to be the guy who changes their coverage shells.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think rolle's gonna play though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rolle is playng. I think Coe and Tryon will be fine against the Eagles WR. We have trouble with the taller muscular WR's and the Eagles don't really have that. We can double Maclin and Webster will lock down Jackson. We can pressure Vick easy. Their OL is worse than ours and we have a better DL. It's going to be close and I really can see with either team winning. Division games are the best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why Coe or Tryon would be on either Maclin or Jackson...we have Prince and Webster out there. The thing I'd be worried about is our offense versus their defense. Like BBD said and I said previous, Barden just isn't very good and despite having production, he doesn't look like he's doing anything special.

Edit:

This is why I want to see what Randle can do, and yes JJ. I still see JJ as a guy who can own in the slot.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I don't see why Coe or Tryon would be on either Maclin or Jackson...we have Prince and Webster out there. The thing I'd be worried about is our offense versus their defense. Like BBD said and I said previous, Barden just isn't very good and despite having production, he doesn't look like he's doing anything special.

Edit:

This is why I want to see what Randle can do, and yes JJ. I still see JJ as a guy who can own in the slot.
If one of them are in the slot then Coe or Tryon will be on them. We don't really man guys up that often.

You guys are f'ing ridiculous already about Barden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If one of them are in the slot then Coe or Tryon will be on them. We don't really man guys up that often.

You guys are f'ing ridiculous already about Barden.
Possibly, the more likely is DeSean, but his route tree is so limited that we'd be able to bracket him.

lol, GF I may be biased but almost all of those catches he made he should have easily and it was pretty apparent that the Carolina DB's were god awful.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He still did his job then! Like I've said a few times how come no other WR has put numbers up like that against them if they are so bad? I agree 100% that 4 or 5 of the catches we could have made but with the others he played well. He is not explosive at all now but his height gives us a big advantage. He is a very good run blocker also which went unnoticed in the Carolina game because he did so well as a receiver.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
He still did his job then! Like I've said a few times how come no other WR has put numbers up like that against them if they are so bad? I agree 100% that 4 or 5 of the catches we could have made but with the others he played well. He is not explosive at all now but his height gives us a big advantage. He is a very good run blocker also which went unnoticed in the Carolina game because he did so well as a receiver.
I agree, but don't you feel at all that Randle could have done the same and even better? I am very happy that Barden got the giant gorilla off his back but am not ready to depend on him.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I guess the coaches don't think so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Randle is a rookie. Barden hasto be the guy. Im not his biggest fan, but I'll root for him.

Hes on a short leash though, and has NO explosion.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Explosion is overrated if you're big and strong enough to overpower defenders.