Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucfan12's Top QBs broken down by tiers:

Ranking all 32 Starting QBs and potential young guns in this league broken down by categories/tiers. Criticisim is highly expected and accepted :D

Top Shelf QBs:
- Aaron Rodgers GB
- Tom Brady NE

The ELITE:
-Drew Brees NO
-Eli Manning NYG
-Ben Roethlisbuerger PIT
-Peyton Manning DEN (In the Decline Stage)
-Tony Romo DAL
-Phillip Rivers SD

- Peyton Manning seems like the only one that's heading for a decline and is no longer top shelf. Eli Manning could take that next step to TOP SHELF QBs at the end of this year. Pushing that next level. I'll probably get some flack for having Romo hear, but the guy is ELITE. Just look at what he's done in BIG D. Remember, Peyton Manning, it took him 10 years to win a Super Bowl.

Knocking at the Door to the ELITE Level:
-Matt Ryan ATL
-Joe Flacco BAL

-Matthew Stafford DET

This is where I see it now, but more than likely, a 99% chance both Ryan and Flacco move into that Elite Category. Stafford can go either way to ELITE or drop into 2nd Tier.

2nd Tier:

-Jay Cutler CHI
-Matt Shaub HOU

Cutler seems to always be stuck in this category. Shaub needs to stay healthy. He could have made the jump if he performed in the playoffs last year.

Middle of the Pack:
-Alex Smith SF
-Michael Vick PHI
-Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF

Alex Smith seems like the best of the Bunch. Fitzpatrick is erratic but I put him in this category because he's average/above average QB. Vick might find himself in a new category after the season.

Jekyll and Hyde: Biggest Mysteries:
-Mark Sanchez NYJ
-Josh Freeman TB
-Sam Bradford STL
-Kevin Kolb ARZ

These guys are ones that get your hopes high than crush them with inconsistant performances. Bradford is in his 3rd year so I no longer consider him a young gun. Freeman is in a make or break season, same with Sanchez. Kolb is off to a good start, but history of inconsistancy is on his side. Basically, 3 of these guys could be in the next category. Bradford probably gets a 4th year.

The Replaceables:
-Carson Palmer OAK
-Matt Cassel KC

These QBs teams seem like they're heading in a different direction at the QB position moving forward.

The Young Guns:
-Andrew Luck IND
-Andy Dalton CIN
-Christian Pondner MIN
-Robert Griffin III WAS
-Cam Newton CAR
-Jake Locker TEN
-Blaine Gabbert JAC
-Russel Wilson SEA
-Brandon Weeden CLE
-Ryan Tanehill MIA

These guys, I really cannot rank them just yet, outside of this category. 1 year or less is not a good judgement (see Josh Freeman for example in 2010 LOLS). A lot of these guys have potential to hit ELITE, 2nd Tier, and Middle of the pack. In my opinion, Andrew Luck seems like the guy with the TOP SHELF potential.
Also, note that this category has nothing to do with them being better or worse than the others. It's just no enough film to place them.

Back ups with high potential:
-Ryan Mallett NE
-Matt Flynn SEA

Anxious to see how Mallett performs when he gets on the field. I had him as my #1 QB prospect in 2011. Flynn should get a shot elsewhere in 2013.

Have at it folks.

Last edited by bucfan12 : 09-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote