Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awwww ****, Fox switched my game to the Panthers-Falcons.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Awwww ****, Fox switched my game to the Panthers-Falcons.
We blocked a punt. Twas awesome.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Jimbaugh pulled the startes yet? Don't want another Josh Morgan-freak injury repeat to another valuable starter.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Jets just thought they didn't need to block so Grant had an wide open lane and blocked it with his chest.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has Jimbaugh pulled the startes yet? Don't want another Josh Morgan-freak injury repeat to another valuable starter.
Yeah, he just did.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And the Hawks lost to the Rams....is that karma or just a nice upset by Fisher's boys? Be nice if the 'fins could pull off a upset as well.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Seahawks should be 1-3.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Passing offense still needs work. Thought we were on track after the Lions game but they've seemed to have regressed these last two weeks. 3rd down offense is still a problem. Seems like we get too cute on 3rd downs. Just run plays that give Alex plenty of options and a outlet short. And if its a run, enough with the jumbo package on every short yardage play. I'd like to see some play-action in those instances. Use our success running the ball against defenses in some of those instances. I like the little run to Hunter on 3rd and 4. Considering the one-high safety, that was a perfect check to by Alex. Too many times it seems like we're calling plays that are designed to get just enough to for a first instead of just running our normal offense. So if three is one little hiccup on the play, it usually falls short. Alex with only a 143 yards passing.....Jimbaugh and Roman HAVE to wake-up this passing offense.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I don't want even look at the third down statistics of this game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really worried about the passing game. Alex had that one bad overthrow of Crabtree but was otherwise fairly on-target, had three drops today. He was 9/13 for like 110 yards at halftime and then just didn't have to throw
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we're all on board the "Alex doesn't get any credit for the win as per usual" train...right? o.O

Honestly Borat I couldn't tell if you were being facetious in the other thread.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give him much credit for today's win, honestly. Like I said in the week four thread, I could have played QB and won that game
Old 09-30-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We'll see. Hopefully Harbaugh isn't remembered as another Martyball kind of guy.
Harbaugh proudly endorses Bo Schembechler as his football mentor, outside of his father. Look at Schembechler's philosophy.
Ness
Legend

Right but, as per usual?

Quote:
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So we're all on board the "Alex doesn't get any credit for the win as per usual" train...right? o.O

Honestly Borat I couldn't tell if you were being facetious in the other thread.
Honestly, I just can't put up with Brodeur's antics anymore, so I just tried to appease him.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Harbaugh proudly endorses Bo Schembechler as his football mentor, outside of his father. Look at Schembechler's philosophy.
Whatever. Just get another ring for this franchise.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Honestly, I just can't put up with Brodeur's antics anymore, so I just tried to appease him.
Brodeur talks about Smith?

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Brodeur talks about Smith?
He hates me, so he just comes at me with the opposite of whatever I say. It used to be amusing, but now it's just an irritant.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Rice is 35 I'm throwing deep and giving him a chance finally tried it and Randy Moss almost had the catch he just flat out dropped it.
Wow! I don't even.

Kaeperscuses, I guess.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Not really worried about the passing game. Alex had that one bad overthrow of Crabtree but was otherwise fairly on-target, had three drops today. He was 9/13 for like 110 yards at halftime and then just didn't have to throw
He missed 3 deep balls...two to Crabs and one to MM where they totally beat Kyle Wilson. He HAS to make those throws for this offense to take the next step. He also missed Moss on a seam route that looked like a sure TD on that pass to Walker around the 10 yard line. His deep touch to anyone other than VD still looks shaky. He has to hit at least one of those. To miss all three is not good when your trying to convince defenses that your QB is capable of making you pay. He has to step it up. He wasn't bad but those are a plays you have to make if you have SB aspirations. And it wasn't like there was great coverage so he had to be pinpoint. Those guys had the defender clearly beat.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-30-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
He missed 3 deep balls...two to Crabs and one to MM where they totally beat Kyle Wilson. He HAS to make those throws for this offense to take the next step. He also missed on a seam route that looked like a sure TD on that pass to Walker around the 10 yard line. His deep touch to anyone other than VD still looks shaky. He has to hit at least one of those. To miss all three is not good when your trying to convince defenses that your QB is capable of making you pay. He has to step it up. He wasn't bad but those are a plays you have to make if you have SB aspirations. And it wasn't like there was great coverage so he had to be pinpoint. Those guys had the defender clearly beat.
One was a PI, one was overthrown, one was a shaky stab by Manningham. Agree that THE TEAM needs those plays, but they're not all on Alex.

Alex needs better timing on the deeps. Perhaps if they threw them more? But lets not forget Crabs had pass off his hands, two off his chest, and DWalk had one off his facemask.

Inconsistency in the passing game has spreadable blame.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Yep. They probably haven't been looking deep prior to today because Alex has always struggled with his deep accuracy.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Yep. They probably haven't been looking deep prior to today because Alex has always struggled with his deep accuracy.
Andrew Luck is an all-time accurate QB and Harbaugh rarely had him throw deep.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Do you disagree about Alex's deep accuracy?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He missed 3 deep balls...two to Crabs and one to MM where they totally beat Kyle Wilson. He HAS to make those throws for this offense to take the next step. He also missed Moss on a seam route that looked like a sure TD on that pass to Walker around the 10 yard line. His deep touch to anyone other than VD still looks shaky. He has to hit at least one of those. To miss all three is not good when your trying to convince defenses that your QB is capable of making you pay. He has to step it up. He wasn't bad but those are a plays you have to make if you have SB aspirations. And it wasn't like there was great coverage so he had to be pinpoint. Those guys had the defender clearly beat.
What phylsac said, he only really missed one of those.

I don't think his deep accuracy is all that bad. It isn't great but it is at least average. The 49ers offense just doesn't go deep.
Closed Thread