Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That certainly wouldn't make sense.

I don't appreciate this statement because it sound like Jets will lose the game to Dolphins. Shame on you.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're relying on Greene to win the game for us, that would probably be a losing formula.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
I don't appreciate this statement because it sound like Jets will lose the game to Dolphins. Shame on you.
What I said had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, I was just ripping on Greene. The purpose of me bolding "So, maybe Shonn Greene will look good." after TTGS's statement that in a rivalry game things that don't make sense happen, would indicate that was what I was referencing when I said that wouldn't make sense.

I think it will be a close game regardless that could go either way. I also think the Jets should win and obviously hope they do, but I'm also of the opinion that the Dolphins aren't as bad as people expected they'd be heading into the season. So I certainly don't think this game will be easy by any stretch of the imagination. But in no way did I say that I thought the Jets would lose to the Dolphins, my statement was completely unrelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
If we're relying on Greene to win the game for us, that would probably be a losing formula.
I absolutely agree, given the Dolphins' run defense is quite good - let alone the fact that Greene has proven to be mediocre at best.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I dont mean literality issue.

Greene's best games against Dolphins were 21c/74y in win game and 15c/55y in lost game. Both were last year and no TDs. Anything improves than those this year does make sense. This making sense should award Jets a victory.

Dolphins run defense actually is as good as Shonn Greene' rushing. Raiders suffer their failing rushing offense big time. Also, Raiders were trailing so they threw a lot.

Lets wager on it?

I call

Greene runs for at least 90 rushing yards OR 2 touchdowns.

Any one to dare to disagree this statement? Mark yourself here.

If Greene fails to reach either 90 rushing yards or 2 TDs, I have to research 25 RB prospects with links backing up said prospect.

If Greene reaches either 90 rushing yards or 2 TDs, you make an early Jets mock here by this Friday. Since I think I am only one Jet poster in forum-wide who made draft mock, it really sucks.

I hope you don't see this post till the Jets/Dolphins game is underway.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are stupidly attainable even for Greene. Im not saying he will, but its very possible, given the Dolphins looking wildly inconsistent already. I hope no one takes that stupid wager. Greene can put up decent numbers and look terrible just by falling forward when the oline opens up holes. Greene is big and can physically run ( I dont mean run physically, I mean physically run as in, has the capability to run, ambulatory plus a little bit more). He can have big games if the O-line opens up holes, but he never cuts,jukes, changes direction, spins, hesitates, etc. He knows how to run ahead, that is all. For any rutgers fans, it is my same beef with savon huggins. He just looks at his feet and goes. Greene at least kinda looks forward a little.

Greene should not be a starter in the nfl. I imagine there are at least a handful or runningbacks unsigned or on practice squads that are better than Greene and im a little surprised the jets haven't tried to find one over the last few years. Powell showed more imaginative running in 3 carries than Greene has in his entire career. I'm not sure if that is a huge insult to Greene or a bit of a compliment to Powell.

Last edited by josh07039 : 09-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Those are stupidly attainable even for Greene. Im not saying he will, but its very possible, given the Dolphins looking wildly inconsistent already. I hope no one takes that stupid wager. Greene can put up decent numbers and look terrible just by falling forward when the oline opens up holes. Greene is big and can physically run ( I dont mean run physically, I mean physically run as in, has the capability to run, ambulatory plus a little bit more). He can have big games if the O-line opens up holes, but he never cuts,jukes, changes direction, spins, hesitates, etc. He knows how to run ahead, that is all. For any rutgers fans, it is my same beef with savon huggins. He just looks at his feet and goes. Greene at least kinda looks forward a little.

Greene should not be a starter in the nfl. I imagine there are at least a handful or runningbacks unsigned or on practice squads that are better than Greene and im a little surprised the jets haven't tried to find one over the last few years. Powell showed more imaginative running in 3 carries than Greene has in his entire career. I'm not sure if that is a huge insult to Greene or a bit of a compliment to Powell.

Joe McKnight? Leon Washington? Danny Woodhead? Remember them.

It is on Rex Ryan. He likes run offense that you vehemently hate.

Greene runs 90 rushing yards and you guys play Frasier Crane on him.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Bryan Thomas is gone for CB Fletcher. Either Lankster is not healthy enough to play tomorrow or Jets keep Donnie Fletcher from being claimed by another team. I think it is former.

What is nickname for McIntyre because I could not consistently spell his freaking name.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe McKnight? Leon Washington? Danny Woodhead? Remember them.

It is on Rex Ryan. He likes run offense that you vehemently hate.

Greene runs 90 rushing yards and you guys play Frasier Crane on him.
First of all, calling anyone Frasier Crane is not an insult in my book. Great show, great man.

Naming those runningbacks does not make Shonn Greene any better.

Can you please name all the starting runningbacks in the league that Greene is better than?

As for Mcintyre you could just go with Mac or as i call him, big white linebacker.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
First of all, calling anyone Frasier Crane is not an insult in my book. Great show, great man.

Naming those runningbacks does not make Shonn Greene any better.

Can you please name all the starting runningbacks in the league that Greene is better than?

As for Mcintyre you could just go with Mac or as i call him, big white linebacker.

I did not make an insult. Just identified role.

About RB situation, it was coaching and ranking that did not give any RB with potential weaving skill set a chance to split duty with Greene. Ryan had fixed on Greene no matter what. McKnight was the mid rounder so UFDA RBs were not automatically better than Greene.

Mac for McIntyre will do. thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not huge on the wager because who knows if the Jets go early and give him the rock 30 times or he gets a couple goal line carries. Purely from watching Greene though you can tell he's an average back at best, not nearly the guy he looked like at the end of his rookie season. Josh is right about Powell looking better on the couple of carries that he had against the Steelers.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I did not make an insult. Just identified role.

About RB situation, it was coaching and ranking that did not give any RB with potential weaving skill set a chance to split duty with Greene. Ryan had fixed on Greene no matter what. McKnight was the mid rounder so UFDA RBs were not automatically better than Greene.

Mac for McIntyre will do. thanks.
You meant it in a negative way to suggest we were over analyzing or whatever, but the point is it doesnt take any analysis or much thinking to believe what your eyes tell you about him.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Still waiting on that list of starting runningbacks worse than Greene.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Powell's starting to cut into Greene's time, and certainly deserves to play more. I hope he takes his job sooner rather than later.

Even more than that, hope Revis's injury isn't as bad as feared. Would be a crippling injury for the team.

Tough win today against a Dolphins team I think is better than they're given credit for. Certainly better than losing. Next week will obviously be tough, particularly with the 49ers coming off a loss.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our run D is awful. But the Dolphins also just appear to be very good at run blocking. Anytime a player has a non-contact injury and they're grimacing in pain on the ground, I think they're done for the season.

Greene still looks awful, and I love the energy Powell's running brings. For a time they kept running Powell on consecutive plays, and I was hoping he was going to be spelled by Tebow instead of Greene. His pass-catching is also certainly a plus.

Sanchez is going to get a lot of hate from the national media, but honestly the supporting cast is just awful. He made a lot of plays and people really weren't helping him out. Howard, not really surprisingly, was getting run around all day. Our receivers really were never able to get separation (most of their big plays came off of picking apart zones and throws into tight windows, at least from my perspective), and Miami's corners are nothing to write home about. The rushing attack... is a work in progress. I don't really believe in the Wildcat as they're running it. If Sanchez is to actually come off the field, I feel like it should only be for short yardage situations. Otherwise, I think both players should be out there.

The game against the 49ers will be a tough one. I heard Willis got hurt, but as great as he is, even if he doesn't play, it's not really that crippling of a loss. Since our biggest struggles right now seem to be stopping the run and, as it's been for a while, covering TEs, this match-up is going to be a awfully difficult. We'll have to have the ball bounce our way more often than not.

But here's to the win!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Still waiting on that list of starting runningbacks worse than Greene.
With that OL and no FB assignment, Anyone is as good as Greene.

Revis is done for year... Blimey!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Powell's starting to cut into Greene's time, and certainly deserves to play more. I hope he takes his job sooner rather than later.

Even more than that, hope Revis's injury isn't as bad as feared. Would be a crippling injury for the team.

Tough win today against a Dolphins team I think is better than they're given credit for. Certainly better than losing. Next week will obviously be tough, particularly with the 49ers coming off a loss.
I hope.. Greene for a power back is too often injured too me, for a fairly young RB (carries, etc.). Besides his lack of passing game skills.

Also losing Revis for the year, ******* sucks.

And I would've liked it if the 49ers beat the Vikings. They'll probably be all pissed off, hungrier for a bounce back win.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
I hope.. Greene for a power back is too often injured too me, for a fairly young RB (carries, etc.). Besides his lack of passing game skills.

Also losing Revis for the year, ******* sucks.

And I would've liked it if the 49ers beat the Vikings. They'll probably be all pissed off, hungrier for a bounce back win.
I think Powell is our new starter already. It will be interesting to see him play against a stud defense team back to back games.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 09-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Maybe it's just me, but I think Santonio Holmes has been hurting the team a bit. He's obviously had some nice stats but runs lazy routes and just hasn't been particularly productive if you taken into account how many targets he's received. Now he hasn't gotten much help and Keller being out hurts obviously, but I just see Holmes as a complementary guy more than a featured player. Maybe if Hill develops things work out but not a great situation right now.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think Santonio Holmes has been hurting the team a bit. He's obviously had some nice stats but runs lazy routes and just hasn't been particularly productive if you taken into account how many targets he's received. Now he hasn't gotten much help and Keller being out hurts obviously, but I just see Holmes as a complementary guy more than a featured player. Maybe if Hill develops things work out but not a great situation right now.

I feel the similarity. If offense plan does not include him enough, he plays soft.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

McKnight a cornerback? I think I prefer WR role for him.

Any good on PS pick up RB Grimes?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Supposedly McKnight had a pick against every QB in practice today. I remember him getting a sack last year. I wish he was more open to the idea, because he's probably a better defensive player than he is offensive.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Supposedly McKnight had a pick against every QB in practice today. I remember him getting a sack last year. I wish he was more open to the idea, because he's probably a better defensive player than he is offensive.
Apparently consensus was that if McKnight went to USC as a corner he would have ended up being a very high draft pick. He's got all the tools. Not the first case of a guy who's better on the defensive side wanting to play offense though, and won't be the last.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

They're going to put Tebow in as starter, as well as Powell, and then we're going to the Super Bowl!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, the 49ers are very good but this is a team that is really lacking talent especially losing Revis and now Holmes. The way the team was built defensively the linebackers are slow, the defensive line is big and relatively talented but somewhat raw, and the secondary is weak in the middle but was very good at corner with Revis. Now after his injury everybody moves up a spot and I think they're average at best at corner. A team that was weak defensively up the middle with slow linebackers and okay safeties is now weak up the middle and on the outside, and frankly the run defense isn't that great either.

Offensively you're looking at a team with nothing really at quarterback, no running backs to speak of, a lack of depth at receiver, nothing at tight end without Keller. The offensive line is okay but not great, and after those two injuries the team is just really, really weak.

My question is if the season continues to spiral out of control and the team ends up in the top 10, what do they draft? Obviously a pass rushing outside linebacker is a need they could address, but a quarterback could certainly make sense as well. Maybe a receiver, don't think they'll take an offensive lineman. Maybe the season turns around, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Additionally, I wonder if Sanchez starts the rest of the year. I'd like to see him continue to start if just to get clarity on him and close the book one way or another, although on the other hand if he gets benched I think that closes the book. I certainly wouldn't want to see Tebow as the starting QB heading into next season though either.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the need for a pass rushing OLB, or some defensive help in the draft next year. But I think the Jets need a complete overhaul on offense. I would be thrilled for a top ten pick next year with the direction this team is headed (possible top 5???). I wouldn't complain if we went QB, RB, WR, RT, TE with all our picks. Use free agency to fill some spots on D. There seems to be NO WEAPONS at all on the offense.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote