Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not too negatively, i don't think. For the most part, Jason Thompson will still be running with the first team, next to Cousins, and his main job is to defend and mop up the glass. The offense will still run through Cousins at the high post, so that'll keep his offensive involvement as high as possible, which is great. He's the most talented offensive player we have.

As for Robinson, he probably won't get a heavy amount of minutes this year. I'm thinking 20-25mpg where he comes in with the second unit and is the offensive spark in the post. When Cousins comes out, we lose a ton of hustle and rebounding. Robinson will pick that slack right up, as he's shown he can be a great defensive rebounder and can score the ball.

Robinson should get heavier minutes towards the second half of the season, when he's settled himself into his role that the team gives him. He needs to show he can handle the grind of an NBA schedule at his size first.
I appreciate that response. Thanks.

Not to stir anything between you and Brodeur... but honest question to everyone...

Who has a better year... Demarcus Cousins or Greg Monroe?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Not to stir anything between you and Brodeur... but honest question to everyone...

I go with Monroe because he will be playing his natural position more. He is a 4 and going up against 4's is going to help him...unless Drummond is just horrid and they have to keep Monroe at Center.

And I do not say that as a slight to the numbers that I think Cousins are going to put up. I said it on the last page, Cousins is my number 3 center right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Monroe. I think Cousins has more natural skills, but Monroe is a much, much smarter player and having a good defensive center next to him will help significantly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, the look on Pau's face in that picture just screams "i'm just glad i could stay".
Well, he is still the second best player in that picture. Everyone is welcome to take that as they may.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well, he is still the second best player in that picture. Everyone is welcome to take that as they may.
Hes the 3rd best. People are quick to write him off but hes not better than Dwight or Kobe.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes the 3rd best. People are quick to write him off but hes not better than Dwight or Kobe.
Never insisted he's better than Dwight. But he's still the second best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Well I know you're insisting hes better than one of them, but he still isnt better than Kobe.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Yes he is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pau plays like a complete vag half the time, so whatever. Kobe is still a beast.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Monroe. I think Cousins has more natural skills, but Monroe is a much, much smarter player and having a good defensive center next to him will help significantly.
I chose Monroe too. That's 3-0 on the Monroe vs Cousins debate.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Pau plays like a complete vag half the time, so whatever. Kobe is still a beast.
He shoots way too much at this point, he should have been feeding Bynum/Pau way more last year and this year, he needs to realize that Howard is the best player on the team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He shoots way too much at this point, he should have been feeding Bynum/Pau way more last year and this year, he needs to realize that Howard is the best player on the team.
Shooting too much does not make Pau better than him.

Kobe's problem was/is/will continue to be coping with his degenerative wrist and fingers and how that affects his ball handling, especially in traffic. His career high TO numbers is more concerning that his shooting. Interested to see him in more of an off-ball role this year, because that's what he needs to be doing.

"He needs to realize that Howard is the best player on the team" wtf does this even mean?

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-01-2012 at 05:56 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Shooting too much does not make Pau better than him.

Kobe's problem was/is/will continue to be coping with his degenerative wrist and fingers and how that affects his ball handling, especially in traffic. His career high TO numbers is more concerning that his shooting. Interested to see him in more of an off-ball role this year, because that's what he needs to be doing.

"He needs to realize that Howard is the best player on the team" wtf does this even mean?
Defer to Howard, that's exactly what it means. And his passing isn't as sharp as it used to be, neither is his rebounding.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

evil Steve Nash :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defer to Howard, that's exactly what it means. And his passing isn't as sharp as it used to be, neither is his rebounding.
Defer to a guy who didn't care whether or not he got in the ball in crunch time in Orlando? Does Howard even request/require deference? As good as he is, we're still talking about the millionaire man's Dikembe Mutombo. He wants to patrol the paint, block some balls into the stands, flex his muscles, and smile.

And the passing goes into the degenerative wrist/hand issues. Again, needs to play off ball more, and he's never really been allowed to do it.

Last edited by y.f.s. : 10-01-2012 at 06:26 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pffftttt D12 is a clown.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nash needs to have the ball 80% of the time, if he isn't distributing why even bother playing him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Not gonna lie. Losing Dwight sucks a big one. But I am thankful to him for getting Stan and Otis fired on his way out. OMG am I happy about THAT!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts2388 View Post
Waiting for the NBA to suspend Dwight 50 games for steroid use.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Pffftttt D12 is a clown.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. I'm still excited...I wish we had more young talent to throw at the wall, but what are you gonna do? I'll be happy seeing Afflalo have some big games and incorporating what youngins that we do have. Wish Moe was healthy. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They were playing over under on the Magic's website.

Asked Over/Under Afflalo having 16 PPG.

I def. say over, I dont know if he hits 20, though. But it wouldnt surprise me at all. Although, as was said in here before...the guy exerts a lot of energy being a great defender. So 20 may be tough. But he's more than capable on the offensive end, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They were playing over under on the Magic's website.

Asked Over/Under Afflalo having 16 PPG.

I def. say over, I dont know if he hits 20, though. But it wouldnt surprise me at all. Although, as was said in here before...the guy exerts a lot of energy being a great defender. So 20 may be tough. But he's more than capable on the offensive end, imo.
Well, nobody else is going to score....
Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, nobody else is going to score....
Well you know Nelson, Turk, and Al Harrington will be taking a **** ton of shots.

Well maybe not Turk, guy passes up so many opportunities now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS