Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am excited to give Marshall a rough night. Am I the only one who got sick of him abusing Newman? I still remember that one catch when the Broncos had on those ugly throwback uni's, and Marshall caught a long pass on Newman then it seemed like Newman along with the rest of the secondary was afraid to tackle him.

He's the only WR who should give us trouble though, hopefully we watched the Packers film on how to shut them down. You put Carr on Marshall and press him at the LOS, with safety help over the top every play, and you can man up with every other WR there.

Jeffrey is a rookie and isn't out running anybody, Hester just runs fly routes. Locking Marshall down will be key to the game, Cutler is going to make some mistakes(well so is Romo, but we at least match up better on that side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Ware makes J'Marcus Webb cry.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hope Ware makes J'Marcus Webb cry.
Cutler is gonna have a nose filled with those little black turf balls.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer is questionable Monday night with a pectoral problem.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game Day Biat$%(#!!!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte is still dinged up but plans to play tonight.

Same with Spencer who plans to play with a harness. If Spencer is a scratch game time Butler will start strong side and the team will be really thin only having Wilbur to spell both starters.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Forte is still dinged up but plans to play tonight.

Same with Spencer who plans to play with a harness. If Spencer is a scratch game time Butler will start strong side and the team will be really thin only having Wilbur to spell both starters.
I'm ready to see what Wilber can do! I'm sure it won't be perfect but I'm anxious. Hope he gets to see the field, not just in Special Teams.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer officially out. Welp. Fingers crossed Forte can't go. Losing Spencer still makes me worry more than usual about our run defense. If we let the Bears play a balanced offense it will make it much more difficult.

Interested to see what types of personnel packages we throw out though.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm actually stoked that Spencer is out. We should get to see more of this guy!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree D, that is how you get a chance to evaluate guys. Ratliff being out has given me a new found appreciation of Josh Brent as more then just a good rotational guy, he's a starter in this league.

As for the game, I'm really nervous. Not sure how we play. we have won these big games then put up a stinker vs a team like the Browns shortly after, and we have also gotten embarrassed before in these big games.

I don't see them doing much on offense other then Michael Bush pounding the ball though, which I thinks gives us the edge. But Felix is still returning kickoffs and touching the ball so who knows...We were supposed to beat Seattle too but when we get down really fast we play horribly.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited. This is the type of game where Ware doesnt seem to be nearly as effective as he should be. It's weird, but piss poor lineman typically have decent games against Ware. Hopefully he'll just beast, tho. Both defenses match up great against the O's, imo. Should be interesting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

If Ware doesn't get 2 sacks vs this line I might go nuts. That is Jamarcus Webb after all. I expect Cutler & Romo both to limp off the field tonight.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree D, that is how you get a chance to evaluate guys. Ratliff being out has given me a new found appreciation of Josh Brent as more then just a good rotational guy, he's a starter in this league.

As for the game, I'm really nervous. Not sure how we play. we have won these big games then put up a stinker vs a team like the Browns shortly after, and we have also gotten embarrassed before in these big games.

I don't see them doing much on offense other then Michael Bush pounding the ball though, which I thinks gives us the edge. But Felix is still returning kickoffs and touching the ball so who knows...We were supposed to beat Seattle too but when we get down really fast we play horribly.
Yeah, Josh Brent is a prime example!

If this game were in Chicago, I'd be less optimistic about a win, but I've got a good feeling about this one.

I remember the last time we played Chicago... we ate Cutler for lunch during the first half, then Martz made halftime adjustments and ran more 3 step drop plays and screens that got them the momentum back. I think they won that game once Cutler started dissecting our weak secondary.

Funny that they haven't found a way to fix their OL since...and they seem like the same team + Marshall. Whereas we fixed our secondary, ILBs and drafted a first round LT.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm really excited. This is the type of game where Ware doesnt seem to be nearly as effective as he should be. It's weird, but piss poor lineman typically have decent games against Ware. Hopefully he'll just beast, tho. Both defenses match up great against the O's, imo. Should be interesting.
Typically in these games Ware is doubled all game to prevent him from taking over though. We actually have some pressure guys on the line although this is a situation where we really do miss Ratliff. I love Brent and I've been a fan of his throughout but his pass-rush arsenal doesn't even come close to Ratliff.

Definitely need the rest of the front seven to punish the Bears for keeping a RB/TE/G doubled on Ware throughout. Can't imagine there will be more than a handful of plays that call for Webb to 1v1 Ware.

Matt Forte is ACTIVE for tonights game. I wasn't as worried about Spencer's absent if Bush was in the game due to his tendency to pretty be a straight ahead runner but Forte is a different story. We need whoever mans his spot to maintain gap discipline or we could be giving up big runs on cutbacks.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh...the double teams do happen for sure. But it's always been a thing i noticed with Ware, whenever you really expect him to go off against a **** lineman, they seem to have their best game against him. Even one on one.

I hate it but, our pass rush frequently under peforms against bad lines all the time. It's just been a bit of a theme over the years. Tis a new look defense, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

If the Bears double Ware, nobody else on that line is good enough to hold their own and we should exploit that. Their easiest defense would normally be the quick 3 step drops but with us playing all of our CB's at the line and pressing + man coverage it takes those throws away. I think we will be super aggressive until they show they can beat it.

I have no clue who covers who though. I do know Carr & Claiborne have their "sides" more so then players, but Jenkins got a bunch of VJ last week too as did Carr, then week 1 Claiborne got Nicks all game.

I hope Jeffery isn't a threat tonight, as you still have him in your sig MOTH so that'd be ironic I'd have to be pissed at him for scoring and then look at your sig lol.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Yeah man, Im in need of an upgrade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good opportunity to see life without Spencer tonight.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Victor Butler is going to show to be a major liability holding the edge.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Forte to start.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Forte to start.
For his sake, he better be 100% or he's risking getting hurt even worse.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For his sake, he better be 100% or he's risking getting hurt even worse.
Yeah...his name is Bruce Carter. BOOM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah...his name is Bruce Carter. BOOM.
Honestly hoping for a clean game tonight where nobody gets hurt.

I think we're as evenly matched up as 2 teams can be. Shoddy OL, mistake prone QBs, Murray and Forte could practically be twins, physical WRs on both sides, defenses that have been good this season and both sitting at 2-1.

I'm excited for tonight!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We run on like every first down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Guess it's gonna be 1 of these type of games. Just keep playing strong D, and field position. Can't start playing hero ball.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Damn Victor Butler needs to make that play if he wants playing time. He had Cutler and let him slip with a weak arm tackle.