Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Mid-Season Forum Mock Discussion

We're a little over a quarter of the way through the 2012 NFL season and there have already been some requests to do a forum mock.

The plan is for me to extrapolate a draft order based on the results so far this season and complete 3 rounds of the 2013 draft.

Sign up is simple. Simply send an email with the following information to me at forummockbb@gmail.com:

1.) Username:
2.) Cell Phone #:
3.) Preferred Teams:

Your cell phone number will only be used for me to text you when you are up if you wish. It can be helpful to avoid me picking for you and you can also text me your pick if you are unable to get to a computer.

If you are willing to take any team, please say so. It helps us fill up faster gives me more flexibility when assigning teams. I know some of you frequently take teams that aren't your own, so if you really want your own team this time, let me know and I'll do my best to get you that team.

Please also include if you are willing to work with a Co-GM. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.

There will be a 2 hour time limit for the first round and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. The clock will stop between Midnight and 9am Eastern. These are the hours I will be awake and most active, so please send big boards if you aren't going to be around during that time.

Speaking of boards, Please for the love of god send them if you aren't going to be around! This makes things easier and more efficient all around for everyone.

Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Please try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.

To submit a trade, have both parties send me a PM, email or message on IRC if I am there. I must receive the details from both sides. You can send it via any of those methods, just make sure it gets to me.

Also, all trades must involve at least one draft pick. No player for player trades here. I reserve the right to veto any trades that I find unrealistic. In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.

Another thing, please sign into IRC when you can. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/ I'll be on when I can. Channel is #forummock I think. (Someone can correct me.)

Use your username from here when you sign it. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.

I'll take email applications until I can fill up all the teams. I don't plan on taking a team, though if there are leftovers, I'll step in.

The plan is to take applications this week and start up with a time limit on Wednesday Oct. 10. The reason for this is because I will not be around at all this weekend. I will give everyone a few days to sign up and I will also try to PM the regulars to make sure they are aware of this.

Official Draft Order/Team Assignments:
  1. Cleveland Browns (0-5, 2-14) - Shane
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, 3-13) - Unbiased
  3. Tennessee Titans (1-4, 3-13) - PrinceFielder
  4. Kansas City Chiefs (1-4, 3-13) - T-Rich49
  5. Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12) - RaiderNation
  6. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12) - Caddy
  7. Carolina Panthers (1-4, 4-12) - ncst8fan
  8. Indianapolis Colts (2-2, 5-11) - MaxV/Killxswitch
  9. Miami Dolphins (2-3, 5-11) - Grizzlegom
  10. Buffalo Bills (2-3, 5-11) - RedBills
  11. New Orleans Saints (1-4, 5-11) - CJ
  12. New York Jets (2-3, 6-10) - Derza/Hurricanes
  13. Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10) - Broth
  14. Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10) - D-Unit
  15. St. Louis Rams (3-2, 7-9) - TheBoyWonder22
  16. Washington Redskins (2-3, 7-9) - BeerBaron
  17. Seattle Seahawks (3-2, 8-8) - Shane
  18. New York Giants (3-2, 9-7) - Scottyboy/OSUGiants
  19. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2, 9-7) - Hines
  20. Green Bay Packers (2-3, 10-6) - SuperPacker
  21. Denver Broncos (2-3, 10-6)* - DraftGuru
  22. Minnesota Vikings (4-1, 10-6)* - Prock
  23. Cincinnati Bengals (3-2, 10-6)* - Docta
  24. Arizona Cardinals (4-1, 10-6)* - Fenikz
  25. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2, 10-6)** - ToddBertuzzi
  26. Chicago Bears (4-1, 11-5)** - JRDrylie
  27. New England Patriots (3-2, 11-5)** - MatthewJones
  28. San Diego Chargers (3-2, 11-5)** - Marshallb
  29. Baltimore Ravens (4-1, 12-4)** - Tackle
  30. San Francisco 49ers (4-1, 12-4)** - PrinceFielder
  31. Atlanta Falcons (5-0, 13-3)** - Bosanac
  32. Houston Texans (5-0, 13-3)** - ImBrotherCain

Last edited by BeerBaron : 10-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If nobody takes the Bucs, I'll take them. If someone wants them, they can have them.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't let Chucky... I mean Caddy in. Hes just going to troll.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 sign ups so far. Keep them coming.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Draft order I'm thinking about using:
  1. Cleveland Browns (0-4, 2-14)
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3, 3-13)
  3. Miami Dolphins (1-3, 4-12)
  4. Tennessee Titans (1-3, 4-12)
  5. Kansas City Chiefs (1-3, 4-12)
  6. Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12)
  7. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12)
  8. Indianapolis Colts (1-2, 4-12)
  9. Carolina Panthers (1-3, 5-11)
  10. New Orleans Saints (0-4, 5-11)
  11. New York Jets (2-2, 6-10)
  12. St. Louis Rams (2-2, 6-10)
  13. Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10)
  14. Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10)
  15. Seattle Seahawks (2-2, 7-9)
  16. Buffalo Bills (2-2, 7-9)
  17. Washington Redskins (2-2, 8-8)
  18. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2, 8-8)
  19. New York Giants (2-2, 8-8)
  20. Minnesota Vikings (3-1, 9-7)
  21. Denver Broncos (2-2, 10-6)*
  22. Chicago Bears (3-1, 10-6)*
  23. Cincinnati Bengals (3-1, 10-6)*
  24. Arizona Cardinals (4-0, 10-6)*
  25. Philadelphia Eagles (3-1, 10-6)**
  26. Green Bay Packers (2-2, 11-5)**
  27. New England Patriots (2-2, 11-5)**
  28. San Diego Chargers (3-1, 11-5)**
  29. Baltimore Ravens (3-1, 12-4)**
  30. San Francisco 49ers (3-1, 12-4)**
  31. Atlanta Falcons (4-0, 13-3)**
  32. Houston Texans (4-0, 13-3)**

The second record listed is a projection based on how I see them finishing. The playoff teams are fleshed out appropriately with each division winner represented (**) and two wildcards from each conference (*). I'll probably write a little blurb for each team about how they came to end up where they did as well.

I'll probably readjust a bit after this weekends games before we start drafting, but that is my starting point.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

App sent. Excited to start this.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just sent, but should probably advertise more no clue how i saw this thread

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just sent, but should probably advertise more no clue how i saw this thread
I will once we get closer.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

App sent (10 char)
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

We've got 17 applications so far, but a couple of those are guys requesting to co-GM the same team. So we're about halfway filled up with with a few days to go. There are a few regulars whose applications I haven't gotten yet, so I'll PM them soon.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
We've got 17 applications so far, but a couple of those are guys requesting to co-GM the same team. So we're about halfway filled up with with a few days to go. There are a few regulars whose applications I haven't gotten yet, so I'll PM them soon.
Like I said in the email I don't have a problem GMing any team. I would prefer the ones I listed and if you need/ want to put me with someone to co-gm that is cool with me.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll send an application some time today

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills suck they might win like 3 more games. Glenn and Urbik hurt now and they were playing good. Plus Fitz sucks. Mario okay yea way to play vs the Jets and Pats buddy, steal that 90 mill..
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Bills suck they might win like 3 more games. Glenn and Urbik hurt now and they were playing good. Plus Fitz sucks. Mario okay yea way to play vs the Jets and Pats buddy, steal that 90 mill..
I picked the Bills as a wildcard team before the season and, god dammit, you're going to at least get a little closer here than you probably will in real life!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sign up later tonight.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I picked the Bills as a wildcard team before the season and, god dammit, you're going to at least get a little closer here than you probably will in real life!
9ers gonna kill us in SF, then ARZ should as well at their place, then who do we have? O yea the fing Pats in New England, 64-28? Maybe a few late TDs for the Bills? Then we give us as there in no fing way we make it at that point.
We suck, Fitz sucks, Wanny won't change the D, won't make adjustments or bring more than 4. The Bills bar is so low not even james cameron can find it.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could co with the giants or something. yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might be a good idea to use modified power rankings for a draft order to avoid an argument. Copy the week five power rankings of ESPN, NFL.com, or whoever in reverse, and then edit it so that the six highest ranked teams from each conference according to the site make the playoffs.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It might be a good idea to use modified power rankings for a draft order to avoid an argument. Copy the week five power rankings of ESPN, NFL.com, or whoever in reverse, and then edit it so that the six highest ranked teams from each conference according to the site make the playoffs.
Meh, I like mine better. Takes into account a prediction for the rest of the season. I'll adjust it again before we start up to reflect this weekends games.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, what are we going to do for underclassmen? Is there going to be a list posted?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

App sent. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
By the way, what are we going to do for underclassmen? Is there going to be a list posted?
Yes, I'll make a list.

Also, I didn't forget about this. This is just the first time I've been in front of the computer for an extended period today. I'll have more information available tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes, I'll make a list.

Also, I didn't forget about this. This is just the first time I've been in front of the computer for an extended period today. I'll have more information available tomorrow.
I have a list of notable underclassmen, maybe that could help. Obviously all of these players declaring would really over-saturate the draft pool and some would really benefit from another year in school but some of them will declare. My personal suggestions are in bold (players I think will or should declare.)

Quarteback

Tyler Bray, Tennessee
Zach Mettenberger, Louisiana St.
Aaron Murray, Georgia
Casey Pachall, Texas Christian
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

Running Back

Knile Davis, Arkansas
Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma St.
Fitzgerald Toussaint, Michigan
Spencer Ware, Louisiana St.

Wide Receiver

Keenan Allen, California
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia

Josh Boyce, Texas Christian
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Da’Rick Rodgers, Tennessee Tech
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
Marquess Wilson, Washington St.
Robert Woods, Southern California

Tight End

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Zach Ertz, Stanford

C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
Jordan Reed, Florida
Dion Sims, Michigan St.

Levine Toilolo, Stanford

Offensive Tackle

D.J. Fluker, Alabama
Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL)
James Hurst, North Carolina
Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Taylor Lewan, Michigan

Jake Matthews, Texas A&M

Offensive Guard

Alvin Bailey, Arkansas
Gabe Jackson, Mississippi St.
Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Center

Travis Frederick, Wisconsin

Defensive Tackle

Dominique Easley, Florida
Sharrif Floyd, Florida
Kwame Geathers, Georgia
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.
Bennie Logan, Louisiana St.
Star Lotulelei, Utah

Akeem Spence, Illinois

Defensive End

Michael Buchanan, Illinois
James Gayle, Virginia Tech
William Gholston, Michigan St.
Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Corey Lemonier, Auburn
Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.
Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.

Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
Ronald Powell, Florida
Bjoern Werner, Florida St.

Outside Linebacker

Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
Jonathan Brown, Illinois
Jelani Jenkins, Florida
Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Inside Linebacker

Chris Borland, Wisconsin
Kevin Minter, Louisiana St.
C.J. Mosley, Alabama

Cornerback

David Amerson, North Carolina St.
Carrington Byndom, Texas
Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St.

Tyrann Mathieu, ex-Louisiana St.
Dee Milliner, Alabama
Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.

Logan Ryan, Rutgers

Safety

C.J. Barnett, Ohio St.
Matt Elam, Florida
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
Eric Reid, Louisiana St.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, I wouldn't include ALL of those guys, but I'd probably add a couple of more than just the bolded ones. I'm usually pretty liberal for in-season mocks with underclassmen since there will always be a few surprises of guys who come out and guys who stay.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't include ALL of those guys, but I'd probably add a couple of more than just the bolded ones. I'm usually pretty liberal for in-season mocks with underclassmen since there will always be a few surprises of guys who come out and guys who stay.
Right, that makes sense. I wouldn't mind a few surprises (especially if you're going to write a little article of the declarations!) but for someone like Logan Thomas who is struggling through a disappointing season, it wouldn't really make sense to enter a loaded QB class, even if he would be a relatively high pick.