Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I had no interest in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But it was actually pretty damn good.
I've had this movie from Netflix sitting on my bar for two weeks and I haven't gotten around to watching it. Now I'm more motivated to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've had this movie from Netflix sitting on my bar for two weeks and I haven't gotten around to watching it. Now I'm more motivated to watch it.
Yeah dude, it's really good. And Freida Pinto is gorgeous. haha. Lots of great scenes, but one imparticular is just so bad ass. You'll know when you see it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Apparently I won some competition and will be sent this shortly
Congrats to you man! That is a sweet set. It even has a empty sleeve for Skyfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 10-01-2012 at 07:34 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I would never pay whatever exorbitant price they are asking, but getting that for free is awesome.
I don't really like James Bond that much, but I'll probably watch most of them eventually.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go and watch it right meow! It was one of my favourite movies of last year.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I would never pay whatever exorbitant price they are asking, but getting that for free is awesome.
$170 for Bluray & $100 for the Dvds. Not the worst price for 22 movies, especially when its a nice set like that.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had no interest in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But it was actually pretty damn good.
So Ive heard. I just...ugh I just have so much trouble getting over it. I'm dumb yes, but it just bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
$170 for Bluray & $100 for the Dvds. Not the worst price for 22 movies, especially when its a nice set like that.
It's just one movie made 22 times.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Planet of the apes is the stupidest ******* concept for a movie. It just bothers me so much that they have that many movies about apes taking over the world. Just too much of a stretch for me to buy into.
The original was awesome and Rise was pretty good, other than that though they all seemed to suck.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Like this isn't true for 95% of movies out there.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now you hate Bond? You've changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hope you die in a fire that also consumes Caddy and Brodeur.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I have to die with Brody? Eh.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen the Avengers three times now in the last few days. <3 I just get this weird feeling seeing Ruffalo in there, though. Just because I know it was supposed to be Norton. Just feels off. Not that he does a bad job at all...just get this weird feeling. Like I envision Norton performing all the same lines, and Ruffalo is his understudy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I've seen the Avengers three times now in the last few days. <3 I just get this weird feeling seeing Ruffalo in there, though. Just because I know it was supposed to be Norton. Just feels off. Not that he does a bad job at all...just get this weird feeling. Like I envision Norton performing all the same lines.
Is it a happy pants feeling?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Is it a happy pants feeling?
I expanded on what I meant. lol.

Like you're watching someones understudy perform instead of the actual lead. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I thought that might be a problem, but Ruffalo does such a good job that I kinda just forgot that it was Norton in the Hulk movie and not him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ruffalo is the better fit. I love Norton's work and think he's a great actor, but I don't trust that he would have been the best person to work along side. RDJr, Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and Norton would have been a little bit off. Ruffalo is a bit softer, whereas Norton is a tad abrasive.(insert American History X clip here) I would have been worried that the comedic timing would have been off between everyone and that Norton would have kinda looked down at the other guys.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Now you hate Bond? You've changed.
I don't particularly hate Bond, I just don't see what justifies 22 ******* movies of it.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All October, I watch horror movies and this year I decided to watch a bunch of the really old movies. I starter way back in 1896 with "The Haunted Castle" watched the 1910 "Frankenstein" both silent. Today I watched "Nosferatu" and "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" also silent. Maybe it's becuase I don't have experience watching silent films but I find it really difficult to follow a silent film for over an hour.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go and watch it right meow! It was one of my favourite movies of last year.
Is this some sort of douche bag way of spelling "favorite"?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
All October, I watch horror movies and this year I decided to watch a bunch of the really old movies. I starter way back in 1896 with "The Haunted Castle" watched the 1910 "Frankenstein" both silent. Today I watched "Nosferatu" and "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" also silent. Maybe it's becuase I don't have experience watching silent films but I find it really difficult to follow a silent film for over an hour.
I tried to watch an old silent film once and I just couldn't do it. I respect the old classics but peoples attention spans and what entertains them has changed way too much. Citizen Kane is an incredibly important film but I can't say I loved watching it or would watch it again. I watched it in a film class and I'd say that 95% of people felt the same way. People now days are just used to a much different standard.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I tried to watch an old silent film once and I just couldn't do it. I respect the old classics but peoples attention spans and what entertains them has changed way too much. Citizen Kane is an incredibly important film but I can't say I loved watching it or would watch it again. I watched it in a film class and I'd say that 95% of people felt the same way. People now days are just used to a much different standard.
I could watch Citizen Kane every day if I had the time for it. Just focus in on a different aspect of the film every time and watch how consistent and obsessively Welles used everything to reinforce his film. The relative heights of the characters, the use of shadows, the soundtrack, whatever. That level of detail focused on a single purpose is inspiring. It's the type of greatness that you just don't experience, like walking around a Frank Lloyd Wright building, you feel that this ingenuity and genius is why our species showed this planet who the boss was and it's why despite everything wrong with the world today, we're still the greatest living creatures this planet has seen yet and the future really is bright, despite our best efforts.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to do my annual watching of Zombieland soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I've never even attempted to watch Citizen Kane. In fact, I haven't seen a bunch of those old school classics. Maybe one day.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: