Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great scheme fits for the Hawks.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on how the board falls, I think any of the 5 guys that you have coming off the board after the Titans pick would fit in with what we need. Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot of the players outside of SEC players, so I'm not sure on just how highly rated some of them are.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be happy with that Bengals draft.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to pass up Barkley who would fit the offensive scheme and likely get a year behind Palmer to learn it. Defensive is where we have the least talent though and passing up a player like Jarvis Jones would be a tough decision since we really lack a premier talent on that side of the ball.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good first round Vikings pick, but DE isn't a premium pick-need for the Vikings, really just for depth/developmental guy. Robison has been very good opposite Allen and Everson Griffen has really stepped up as a situational pass rusher and even had played quite a bit in the base the past couple weeks after Allen strained his neck and then cramped up late this week. A DB, DT, MLB, or RT(Loadholt is a FA after this season and can be upgraded) are all bigger needs.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to switch it up and maybe go Lester and Warmack, but I have no problem with that draft. I think Boykin is good enough to stay in the nickel so CB is iffy but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Bray in the 1st but it's hard to see any QB doing much better than Kolb with how bad our O-line is. One day we will address it hopefully it's this year(would love to see Grimm fired too)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o to Pittsburgh is a match made in heaven, and I can dig Ball. I'd love Bell though, I think he's the type of RB that we'd be interested in. Between Redman, Dwyer, John Clay, the guy from Illinois we brought in this offseason, we've brought in a large amount of power backs, none of which have really panned out. If the investments made into the oline pay off, a good power RB could be pretty good for us. Gonna be interesting to see if we keep Mendenhall, seeing how the running game was nonexistent without him these past couple of weeks.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Jets - I personally think they blow things up after this season, particularly if Sanchez keeps playing the way he has. Lots of weaknesses all over the place, and from there it makes sense to go into rebuilding mode so I could certainly see a QB in the first.

That said, the way you have the draft playing out would be nice. I like Wilson quite a bit, injuries are an issue obviously but getting him in the second is a really nice roll of the dice. Tend to be hesitant on guys like Woods but the offense could use an explosive element. He's a short and long-term fit I think as you pointed out, more polished than Hill so he can play right away but if Holmes gets bounced he's a good long-term complement to Hill provided he develops. I personally would go with a QB or Justin Hunter there over Woods, but it's too early to nitpick on player value. If they end up picking earlier than that and don't go QB I could see a pass rusher as well, Jarvis Jones would be awesome.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait til Rex's press conference after they draft a QB in the first. "marks...still...our...guy"

Either that or they start Sanchez til he is 40

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YOUR MOCK DISGUSTS ME! Just kidding JBond, I love you.

I'm not really familiar with Fluker but OT is a big need. Can he play left tackle? Depending how Beatty does, left tackle may be more of a need than RT, and it sounds like Fluker is only a RT.

DT could be a need, but honestly, I feel like we have a lot bigger priorities at this point. CB may be a huge need or us if Webster is finally starting to regress. Hosley and Prince could be a great tandem, but they are both injury prone to this point in their careers and having a good nickel CB is always a plus.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The potential of us drafting Star Lotulelei is a bright spot amongst a season of darkness thus far.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell in the second round is a waste of a pick. Can't keep drafting RBs so high. Major needs in other places. DE is going be a huge need soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I'm honestly starting to not be so high on the Barkley pick anymore. Barkley will be a good player and I'm sure of it but He's probably not the best fit for the Raiders. I'd rather take someone with tons of upside like Tyler Wilson over Barkley who is a lot more polished but it seems like he'll need the right situation to really thrive.

I'm starting to kind of agree with RN in that if we don't go with Wilson, defense has to be looked at. Jarvis Jones would be awesome.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate the Gholston pick.
Ive watched a lot of MSU this year for some reason, and he is pretty much a non-factor most of the time I watch.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I can't wait til Rex's press conference after they draft a QB in the first. "marks...still...our...guy"

Yeah, it's really sad as a Jets fan to watch. I think if your read between the lines this is an indication that they don't really have a whole lot of faith in Tebow either. Sanchez will probably last until they can pretty much no longer start him. Wouldn't be shocked if we see some McElroy either.

If the season continues down the path it looks like it's going to though, there's really not much of a choice but to blow up the team. They overpaid for guys trying to stay competitive and tried to Band-Aid other spots, and it led to a team with a crap cap situation, no speed at linebacker, no pass rush, no long-term answer at safety, an offensive line that's all over the place (good not great LT, medicore LG, awesome C, good but declining RG, mediocre RT) but would probably look better with a better QB and RB behind them, the bad QB and RB I just mentioned, and one starting caliber WR who's hurt along with a young super raw guy with great upside but issues with drops too.

At least there are a couple of good offensive linemen, the corners are good, and the DL should be okay moving forward...but the team's not going to be competitive just by upgrading at a couple of spots. May as well just blow the whole thing up IMO before it gets even worse.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah, it's really sad as a Jets fan to watch. I think if your read between the lines this is an indication that they don't really have a whole lot of faith in Tebow either. Sanchez will probably last until they can pretty much no longer start him. Wouldn't be shocked if we see some McElroy either.

If the season continues down the path it looks like it's going to though, there's really not much of a choice but to blow up the team. They overpaid for guys trying to stay competitive and tried to Band-Aid other spots, and it led to a team with a crap cap situation, no speed at linebacker, no pass rush, no long-term answer at safety, an offensive line that's all over the place (good not great LT, medicore LG, awesome C, good but declining RG, mediocre RT) but would probably look better with a better QB and RB behind them, the bad QB and RB I just mentioned, and one starting caliber WR who's hurt along with a young super raw guy with great upside but issues with drops too.

At least there are a couple of good offensive linemen, the corners are good, and the DL should be okay moving forward...but the team's not going to be competitive just by upgrading at a couple of spots. May as well just blow the whole thing up IMO before it gets even worse.
The problem I have though is that if we draft a qb in the first, he's just going to get abused because of our lack of weapons. Non-existant running game, a weak receiving core, a hurt TE etc.

QB is obviously a problem but it's not the only problem and I don't think we can justify drafting a qb unless it's a top 10 pick.

EDIT: btw, I want Teo
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The problem I have though is that if we draft a qb in the first, he's just going to get abused because of our lack of weapons. Non-existant running game, a weak receiving core, a hurt TE etc.

QB is obviously a problem but it's not the only problem and I don't think we can justify drafting a qb unless it's a top 10 pick.

EDIT: btw, I want Teo
I don't know how much I buy this whole concept. The Jets surrounded Sanchez with a good run game, a young pass catching TE, and some good WR's early on in his career and it hasn't done much for his development. Maybe for some guys it makes a difference, but I think largely in terms of being an NFL QB some guys have it and some don't. It takes some more time than others maybe, but I don't think you need to give a QB some off the charts supporting cast from the beginning of his career for him to have success, and watching the Jets early in the season I don't think the supporting cast is that bad. It's a combination of Sanchez and Greene that's really killing the offense in my eyes.

The line frankly isn't that bad in pass pro, hopefully Hill improves next year, Holmes is alright despite being a pain in the ass, Kerley is a pretty good slot guy, and Powell would be fine for a one year stopgap at RB. Not that Sanchez is the only problem, far from it, but put a more capable QB in there who gets rid of the ball on time and accurately and the whole offense looks a lot better. Not that the Jets would get Luck or RGIII with a high draft pick, but the Colts and Redskins were in worse shape than the Jets are now IMO, plugged those two in, and some draft picks and they look like they'll be two really good offenses long-term. Plug up a couple holes (add a guard or RT, another receiver or a TE depending on what the QB is comfortable with) and it's good enough for a year not to get a guy killed.

No real interest in Te'o either, the Jets' linebackers aren't great but I don't want a defense built around ILB's again. Probably would be the lowest priority for me. Upgrade the pass rush first.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be more than ok with that Giants draft, maybe draft Okafor in the 2nd, but DT isn't bad by any means. Nice job Shane

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the finger pointing has gone too far with the Jets. It has been Schotty, the line, the receivers, the running game, the defense...

Young QB's are having more and more success today and Sanchez has arguably had as good of a situation entering the league as any of them. His defense was a top unit in the league his first two seasons and has been very good since then. His OL has been well above average. They have tried to bring weapons in.

The blame has to fall on the FO and Sanchez. I rip on Sanchez but the Jets FO really just throws money around for wow factor and hoping to band aid problems. Santonio was a good pickup but other than that I haven't really liked any of the moves, but Sanchez still could have made lemonade. Were Plax and LT going to be the same players they were in 2005? No, but they still were decent pieces to work with. I wouldn't have brought them in for a variety of reasons, but they still could play. Keller? He's a good receiving TE when healthy. Better than what most teams have to work with. Shonn Greene runs hard but their "ground and pound" approach clearly isn't what they thought it would be. Throw in some bad draft picks and the things look pretty bleak.

Still, Sanchez has had plenty to work with and has not made the steps people have hoped he would. Some of it isn't his fault, his fat ******* idiot coach certainly doesn't help him. The FO has made some bad moves but Sanchez still has had a lot of talent in front of him and around him. I don't think they will give up on him but something has to change.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I can't argue with much of that. The whole Schotty/receivers thing made sense to me at the time, because you've got receivers who are getting no separation from DB's consistently - even if Sanchez made an accurate throw the DB was right there to make the tackle immediately most of the time. But this year, new scheme and same thing. The first game against the Bills was promising because people were just running wide open downfield, but nothing since.

Frankly I could make excuses again this year - Hill hasn't caught anything since the first game, Holmes is still lazy out on the field half the time, run game is terrible, no Keller all season, last game Holmes was out for most of it...but there reaches a point where enough is enough. The common denominator is Sanchez, and I think it's time for a shake up. Young QB's have had success in far worse situations, and if the guy really needs to be surrounded with good WR's and a good run game and have as much time as he wants to sit back in the pocket what's the point really? Tons of QB's would succeed in that situation.

I also completely agree with what you had to say about the FO, although I do worry that it's more the owner than the FO. Lots of overpaying guys and band aid solutions at other spots though, I've said that in a few other posts on here. Definitely think they've done poorly, but Sanchez has had more than enough to succeed with.

The ground and pound approach also kind of bugs me for two reasons. Part of one, and the only part of that post I disagree with, is the part about Greene running hard. He's been kind of a two to three yards and a cloud of dust back for awhile now, plus he offers nothing in the passing game. Doesn't really break any tackles, if anything gets less than he's blocked. No other back is that good either. And the offensive line, while serviceable, isn't great. There are a few ways to run the ball in the NFL IMO. The best way is to have an elite line, which the Jets used to have. The other two big ones are to run off the threat of passing (which the Jets obviously don't have and don't want to do anyway as a "ground and pound" team) or to have an elite back (which doesn't always work anyway). The Jets want to be a run team, but they've got nothing to actually be successful running the ball. And what's worse, this is in a league where you don't really need to be able to run the ball all that well to be successful, and in fact a short passing game can kind of substitute for a run game in some areas. I don't get it. Poorly run franchise the last few years with a ton of holes. It's going to get worse before it gets better, I hope they see that, because more band aid solutions are just going to cause even more problems.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're my boy Shane BUT me no likey the Cowboys draft.

Maybe I am just not seeing it with Corey Lemonier yet but I don't see him standing up and covering anyone as a 3-4 OLB. Again, I need to see more.

I actually like Shawne Williams but to me, he's a strong safety type and the Cowboys need a cover guy, desperately. We need a pure Free Safety.

I like the positions of need though. Dead on.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the first pick. No comments on that.

While I do like Montee, I like Amerson, Shawn Williams, and Eddie Lacy more.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For San Diego ....

I can certainly see where you pick CB for us in the 1st. AJ Smith doesn't have a stellar record drafting DB's, but it is a need. RB in the 2nd puzzles me - our needs on OL are far too great to pick a RB here. Maybe later, but it's high time that the Chargers invest in the OL. Not saying it WILL happen, but it certainly SHOULD.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The potential of us drafting Star Lotulelei is a bright spot amongst a season of darkness thus far.
Him and Hicks in the middle would be nasty
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote