Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...staffords-mri/

Matt Stafford got an MRI on his injured leg, but there is no word on what the injury is or how long he might be out.
As a Bear's fan, I hope this injury doesn't keep him out too long. I don't want to face Shaun Hill twice this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Austin Collie out for the season with a ruptured patella tendon. Jesus Christ, that guy can't catch a break.
The guy needs to call it quits. I know it is pretty much every guy's dream to play in the NFL, but he has to think about his future. He is already running the risk of having serious brain issues later in life. No need to add in the possibility of not being able to walk when you're 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN SC NFL - Buccaneers DE Adrian Clayborn (1st-round pick in 2011) out for rest of season with right knee injury
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
You know what they say. Money changes people.
Money doesn't change people, it makes you a "bigger" version of what you already were.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-for-return/

Beanie Wells to IR with the designation to return. He'll have to sit out at least 8 weeks though.

Not good for a Cardinals team with an amazing defense, but will who will need more out of their offense to make any kind of real run this year.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-for-return/

Beanie Wells to IR with the designation to return. He'll have to sit out at least 8 weeks though.

Not good for a Cardinals team with an amazing defense, but will who will need more out of their offense to make any kind of real run this year.
Beanie Wells doesn't make any kind of real run anyway.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Ryan Williams on my bench. Cardinal fans, is he worth starting? Or does he suck?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...8-c59c14537e0b

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the club has placed center Rodney Hudson on injured reserve.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Wiegmann probably isn't up to too much these days....just saying....
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-broken-ankle/

JD Walton out for the season with a broken ankle.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unfortunate when ANY player is seriously hurt. My hopes for Dedrick Epps to have a full and speedy recovery.

Alot of sentiment that it was a dirty hit. I'm obviously biased but I feel that his helmet and shoulder pads both are above his knee and on his thigh pads. Goldson hit a receiver in the chest last game and was flagged 15. It was terrible luck that his cleat got stuck in the field turf. I'm sure others may disagree. This is the play, full-speed, and a still-shot I took...

Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Santonio Holmes is done for the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sounds like Santonio Holmes is done for the year.
You never like to see anyone get hurt and miss time but sometimes you have to bite your tongue .......
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It's unfortunate when ANY player is seriously hurt. My hopes for Dedrick Epps to have a full and speedy recovery.

Alot of sentiment that it was a dirty hit. I'm obviously biased but I feel that his helmet and shoulder pads both are above his knee and on his thigh pads. Goldson hit a receiver in the chest last game and was flagged 15. It was terrible luck that his cleat got stuck in the field turf. I'm sure others may disagree. This is the play, full-speed, and a still-shot I took...

I like Goldson a lot and I think he's the best safety in football, so maybe I'm biased, but that is exactly the kind of hit the NFL wants these days. We are seeing more and more of them. James Harrison's hit on Eric Decker was the last one I can remember off the top of my head that resulted in serious injury, but this is what the NFL wants. When players can no longer hit a receiver around the shoulders, then they are going to aim low... which will result in brutal leg injuries.

DBs can't always hit a receiver in the middle of the torso because sometimes when they do they are left taking the full brunt of the hit. This happened to Charles Woodson against NO when he tried to form tackle Coltson as he jumped in the air for a catch. He nearly separated his shoulder on the play, but, most importantly, he didn't break up the pass (and it was a converted 3rd and 17 for NO). Woodson only went out for one play, but the new rules (or old rules) are putting DBs in this situation. It's going to happen more and more often. Goldson had three options, just like Woodson did.

Goldson could have hit him high and broke up the play, but it would have been a 15 yard penalty. It would have been called a dirty hit and he would have been fined (because there would have been some form of helmet contact). Epps would have finished that game and wouldn't have a knee injury to deal with for the rest of the season.

Or Goldson could have aimed in the middle and risked injuring himself (like what happened to Woodson). This type of tackle would make it less likely for the pass play to be broken up since the force of the blow wouldn't be the same... risk injuring yourself and risk not breaking up the play... with Goldson, not going to happen.

Or Goldson could have done what he did, not get penalized, not get fined, did his job by breaking up the play. But he still gets called dirty for going low.

All three situations have some form of negative consequences. It's the NFL. You can't remove hard hits from the game. When you just limit a player's options, you just make the potential for injury worse. I think that type of hit is much worse than a player going to shoulder to shoulder with a defenseless receiver.

I'd rather see Goldson go high and break that play up like DBs used to do / are supposed to do. It's not nearly as likely that Epps gets hurt, but Goldson does his job by breaking up the pass and we're back to playing football.

I watched this play live and thought it looked worse than it was, but it turned out that Epps just didn't show much of a pain reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Boss is out the year with a concussion, his third, so it might be career ending.. and Rodney Hudson is out for the year with a broken leg.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kevin Boss is out the year with a concussion, his third, so it might be career ending.. and Rodney Hudson is out for the year with a broken leg.
What did the Chiefs do to the football gods to get hit with the INJURIEZZ bug two years in a row?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I think Boss has more than 3 concussions at this point. Anyway he needs to hang them up. He got his ring and a few million. No need to ruin your life.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What did the Chiefs do to the football gods to get hit with the INJURIEZZ bug two years in a row?
I really don't know, but I'm getting sick of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Boss has more than 3 concussions at this point. Anyway he needs to hang them up. He got his ring and a few million. No need to ruin your life.
Yeah I agree. He should retire. He had a solid career, got a ring, and made a lot of money. No need to kill yourself over it.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

After losing Rodney Hudson and Kevin Boss:

Several Kansas City players did not practice Wednesday, including running back Peyton Hillis (ankle), receiver Devon Wylie (hamstring), defensive ends Glenn Dorsey (calf) and Ropati Pitoitua (elbow), linebacker Derrick Johnson (groin), cornerback Brandon Flowers (heel) and receiver Jon Baldwin (hamstring).

fml.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Just put all of them on IR and tank this year to draft a QB. It's not like the Chiefs were doing much with everyone healthy...
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

INJURIESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you!!!!!!!!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Dola disabled
Danny Amendola is out for 6 to 7 weeks. He apparently did not break his clavicle but has a separation of some sort.

Looks like Brads is going to have to build a relationship with some of our other receivers or something like that....and the sooner the better.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-broken-hand/

Alshon Jefferey has a broken hand. Won't require surgery and we've got our bye week up next, so hopefully he won't miss too many games.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Matt Slauson should be suspended for multiple games for this gutless move. Wasn't even a part of the play and he hit him from behind.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Matt Slauson should be suspended for multiple games for this gutless move. Wasn't even a part of the play and he hit him from behind.
The angle on that doesn't show it clear and I didn't watch for more replays but god I hope Slauson was pushed into that because that was a disgusting cheap hit.

It wasn't to the head so the moronic NFL probably don't care but that was just a dog act for mine. *assuming he wasn't in fact pushed.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-eight-weeks/

Cedric Benson is going to miss at least 8 weeks with a listfranc injury.