Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Is his job in jeapordy? This is his 4th year on the job and the Jaguars look no closer to competing now than they did in 09. And not just picking Gabbert but trading a 1st AND 2nd for him over Ponder, Dalton, Watt, among other players...thats the kind of move that gets you fired if it doesn't work, and it hasn't been. Gabbert had a good game against Minnesota but has really struggled otherwise this year.
What's funny is he was just rewarded with an extensions lol.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Should have gotten rid of both JDR and Gene last season and started a clean sweep. Now you have Gene and his handpicked HC in Mularkey. If you get rid of the GM you should get rid of his HC too but the owner may feel compelled to give his HC another shot, which could set them back even further.

If i'm the owner, i change the GM and HC this offseason.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Should have gotten rid of both JDR and Gene last season and started a clean sweep. Now you have Gene and his handpicked HC in Mularkey. If you get rid of the GM you should get rid of his HC too but the owner may feel compelled to give his HC another shot, which could set them back even further.

If i'm the owner, i change the GM and HC this offseason.
I think that's what's gonna end up happening. Sucks for Mularkey, but such is life.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This. A guy like Josh McDaniels can draw up an offensive game plan that can hang 50 on anybody, but the guy doesn't change anything in game if that game plan isn't working. If anything he just gets more conservative.
Well where is he, coaching at field level or up in the booth? If he is at field level, on the sideline, who is upstairs giving him info? How does he prepare the game plan week in and week out? How many plays are being installed on the call sheet during the week?

All this plays a big part in the art of play calling.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Steve Spagnuolo

Was a god for NY (come back Steve!) and sucks for NO. Why? He didn't forget how to dial up a blitz. It's just that having Strahan, Tuck in his prime, Osi in his prime, and a developing Kiwi is a lot better than Will Smith and a converted MIKE as your pass rushers.
Maybe the Giants won in spite of Spagnuolo? Maybe Spags just isn't a good coach or coordinator?

Something to think about. The 2007 Giants were dominant at times on defense, but highly inconsistent. We know they had lots of talent. With a better coordinator, maybe they would have been #1 or #2 defense the entire season and not just in the playoffs and for spurts during the regular season?

Quote:
-Nmandi Asomugha. Let's call it like it is. He's terribly overrated. The guy had so much buzz in Oakland that wasn't justified. He only played 1 side of the field, he only played press man. Many times teams just motioned their best WR away from him. He was not the 2nd best CB in the league. Never was.

Ever since he came to the NFC East he's been getting beat like a drum. On Sunday night, Dominique freaking Hixon beat him up and down the field. And in press coverage too. This guy isn't a top 10 CB let alone top 2.

And he isn't even young. He was a bad signing. I'm surprised Philly isn't killing him right now.
He does seem slower than he was in the past, but for all the talk of him getting "beat like a drum", the Giants offense still managed only 17 points against Philly, and that seems like a "win" for the Eagles defense.

Usually what happens with Nnamdi, from what I can tell, is that he doesn't give up many receptions because he's good at knocking down WRs at the line of scrimmage and out of their routes, BUT when he does get beat, he gets beat bad. So he's consistently shutting down WRs except for 1-2 times a game when he'll give up a long gain.

Quote:
-You know who IS worth that much? DeMarcus Ware. We have the luxury of seeing one of the best pass rushers in NFL history in his prime. DeMarcus Ware will go down as a top 5 pass rusher in NFL history if he can stay healthy. He's that good. He's a complete player who is suffocating vs the run, great in coverage, and dominant as a pass rusher. He could very well take on Bruce Smith's sack total with how teams are passing nowadays. To me, the best pass rushers of all time were:

1. LT
2. Deacon Jones
3. Reggie White
4. Bruce Smith
5. Gino Marchetti
As awesome as Ware is as an individual player, he seems to be one of these hollow stat guys alot of the time. I can't count how many multiple-sack games I've watched him participate in which the Dallas defense gets gashed despite Ware's gaudy stats. Last year's game at Philadlephia is a perfect example - he had something like 4 sacks but the Eagles demolished the Cowboys defense.

Quote:
-I'm cautious about the Falcons. Yes, they are playing great ball right now, but they have some glaring issues that are hard to overlook. First and foremost, I understand they are on fire right now, but bear in mind, it was September. All the games are either warm, or in a dome. Dome teams are hard to predict in December and January.

Also, they lack pass rushers on the line. Come playoff time, it's very hard to beat your opposition who typically also has a top tier qb if you can't consistently get pressure with 4. You'll bump into a team eventually that will pick your defense apart.
Despite this, they have a top-5 pass defense.

Quote:
And lastly, the run game. The Giants have proven last year that you don't need a run game anymore to win the SB, but it still can't hurt to have one. Those would be key issues I would look at moving forward with this team. They'll make the playoffs. Maybe even grab the 1 seed. But come playoff time, do they have enough to get it done? I don't know yet.
You said it yourself. The running game is unnecessary as long as you have elite WRs and an elite QB to throw to them. Matt Ryan throwing to Julio Jones/Roddy White could easily be the "Eli Manning throwing to Victor Cruz/Hakeem Nicks" of 2012.

Quote:
-Houston looks like the class of the AFC. They have it all. Their season will come down to Schaub. Can Schaub outclass the Bradys, Roethlisbergers, Mannings in the playoffs?
Schaub won't need to outclass those guys because he plays on a team that has the best defense in the AFC, and maybe the entire NFL. Their defense will slow down Brady/Manning/Roethlisberger enough for Schaub to win the game throwing for 280ish yards and 2 TDs.

I'll be shocked if anyone but the Texans emerges from the AFC this year to play in the Super Bowl, unless of course someone important like JJ Watt or Matt Schaub suffers an injury.

Quote:
-Russell Wilson sucks. He's the Tim Tebow of the 2012/13 season. The blueprint to stop him was simple, have your DEs and blitzes burn the edges, and dare Wilson to step up in the pocket. He can't do it. Bc he's a midget.

He was a nice feel good story in the preseason, he has the right attitude and blah blah blah, but he has limitations, and I don't see him overcoming them.
Very true. I still think he could be solid in the future, but the Seahawks are wasting a top-5 defense with this rookie experiment. Put Flynn in the game and see what he can do, and I think they make a playoff run with him.

Quote:
-I think the NFC West has 3 of the top 4 defenses in the NFL (Houston being the other team). SF has a killer front 7, Seattle has the best secondary in the NFL and easily the best safety duo in the league. They also have a unique front 7 that attacks gaps creatively. I love what Carrol does with that front. Arizona has a fast defense that can fly to the ball and a killer front. Acho is very underrated. This division is competitive and will be very good moving forward. They are no longer the doormat division of the NFC.
You forgot the Bears defense?

I'd put the Bears defense ahead of everyone else right now, actually. Especially in the NFC. You can make the argument for the Texans over the Bears, but it's very close.

There's no better front four in the NFL right now than the Bears'.

I'd rank the defenses in the NFL like this:

1. Bears
2. Texans
3. 49ers
4. Seahawks
5. Cardinals
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe the Giants won in spite of Spagnuolo? Maybe Spags just isn't a good coach or coordinator?

Something to think about. The 2007 Giants were dominant at times on defense, but highly inconsistent. We know they had lots of talent. With a better coordinator, maybe they would have been #1 or #2 defense the entire season and not just in the playoffs and for spurts during the regular season?
I been saying it's our DC issue since Coughlin got hired. That's his only weakness as a HC. Hiring coordinators has been a mess!

OC: John Hufangel & Kevin Gilbride

DC: Tim Lewis, Spags, Bill Sheridan, & Perry Fewell.

I am waiting for a good DC to do something. The irony is by the time a good DC comes to us, our guys will be a lot older and degraded in talent.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

spags was great, he turned Webster's career around, won with us starting Reggie Torbor, and guys like Geoffery Pope and rookie Aaron Ross in the secondary. Trust me, the giants did not win "in spite" of Spags in 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
spags was great, he turned Webster's career around, won with us starting Reggie Torbor, and guys like Geoffery Pope and rookie Aaron Ross in the secondary. Trust me, the giants did not win "in spite" of Spags in 07
Yeah Spags did help Webster big time! Tim lewis basically broke him, but he got helped by Spags. Spags helped us and the players loved him. I didn't see that type of player-coach relationship since. Plus, I liked his schemes. Over load A gap, and blitz from the slot.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spot View Post

He does seem slower than he was in the past, but for all the talk of him getting "beat like a drum", the Giants offense still managed only 17 points against Philly, and that seems like a "win" for the Eagles defense.

Usually what happens with Nnamdi, from what I can tell, is that he doesn't give up many receptions because he's good at knocking down WRs at the line of scrimmage and out of their routes, BUT when he does get beat, he gets beat bad. So he's consistently shutting down WRs except for 1-2 times a game when he'll give up a long gain.

As awesome as Ware is as an individual player, he seems to be one of these hollow stat guys alot of the time. I can't count how many multiple-sack games I've watched him participate in which the Dallas defense gets gashed despite Ware's gaudy stats. Last year's game at Philadlephia is a perfect example - he had something like 4 sacks but the Eagles demolished the Cowboys defense.
I just noted these particular areas of your post that are laughable.

Right, Nmandi is shut down except for the few big plays he gives up? Do I really need to explain how this is wrong? Great corners don't give up big plays. They give up little plays here and there. That's what makes them great.

And I don't see why you're just citing the Giants. He's played against other teams has he not? And defense is a team effort, as I'm about to discuss. Just because the Giants didn't score 30 points doesn't mean an individual player can't have a bad game on defense.

As far as Ware having "hollow" stats. You're joking? Right? There's no such thing. Not when it comes to sacks, especially. Every sack has an impact. And that's not to mention his contributions in run stopping and coverage like BBD said.

I don't think you understand the team philosophy. Sure, one player can have a great impact (as Ware does) but if your secondary sucks, your other front seven players suck, then it doesn't matter what you do. Ware can't get 20 sacks in a game.

Even if a receiver has a great day, who's throwing him the ball? If a running back has a great day, who's blocking for him? There are no such things as great individual performances in football, as much as everyone likes to think so. Some players can have bigger impacts, but you can't win by yourself.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
. Ware can't get 20 sacks in a game.
He can't? Well that means he ain't very good. This guy can:

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-You can make a strong argument that AJ Green and Julio Jones are already the 2nd and 3rd best WRs in the league.
Watching AJ Green as a fan of the Bengals is one of the most exciting things that has happened to this franchise. Since I've been following football, Cincinnati has only had 1 other player this talented, Carson Palmer (and we know how that turned out for us).

I only hope the franchise can actually do something with Green and not waste his talent.

(side note: I didn't start following football until after Muņoz retired, so I didn't get to see him play live).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, man. I disagree about Sanchez. Did you see what he did in week one?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess J-Spot is JBCX.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I guess J-Spot is JBCX.
You mean Reggie Torbor, fat AP, Sam Madison, Gibril Wilson, Rookie Aaron Ross, previously terrible Corey Webster and James Butler weren't great talents Spags had to work with in 07/08?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I just noted these particular areas of your post that are laughable.

Right, Nmandi is shut down except for the few big plays he gives up? Do I really need to explain how this is wrong? Great corners don't give up big plays. They give up little plays here and there. That's what makes them great.
Nnamdi is a press man corner that wins "early" by knocking a WR off his route. If he fails to get the jam properly, then he might give up a big gain. This is different from a guy who has excellent ball skills who may not necessarily "win" early in the route, but who can play the ball in the air.

Nnamdi is like a baseball pitcher who is great at striking out hitters with a 102 mph fastball, but occasionally misses with his fastball location right down the middle and gives up an easy home run.

Other CBs might be more like pitchers who nibble on the edges and use curveballs and breaking balls to induce soft grounders. They'll give up more short gains, but you won't see the huge gain. But then again, that huge gain give up by Nnamdi won't come more than say, 1-2 times a game.

There's more to cornerbacks than just judging them as "lockdown" or not.

And again, it's virtually impossible not to get beat in the NFL unless you're Deion Sanders or Darelle Revis. And even these guys were beat at some point in their career.

Look at Corey Webster - he's been burned quite a few times this year. But you'd still take him as your #1 CB, probably.

Quote:
And I don't see why you're just citing the Giants. He's played against other teams has he not? And defense is a team effort, as I'm about to discuss. Just because the Giants didn't score 30 points doesn't mean an individual player can't have a bad game on defense.
If Nnamdi was constantly getting torched, you'd think opposing teams would be far more efficient passing the ball than they have been against the Eagles.

Surely the Giants would have scored more than 17 points if they could just toast Nnamdi constantly?

I remember the 2010 game (the Eagles comeback with Desean Jackson running the punt back for a TD late) in which there was this CB playing for the Eagles named Dimitri Patterson who truly *was* getting toasted by Giatns WRs constantly:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1012190nyg.htm

Eli threw for 4 TDs that day and had a QB rating of 105.6. Eli threw for 169 yards and 3 TDs to the left side which was being manned by Dimitri Patterson. The 4th TD was down the middle for Kevin Boss.

That's the effect that a truly "burnt" CB can have on a game. Asante Samuel completely locked down the right side of the game that day, but Eli kept targeting Dimitri Patterson and kept throwing TDs.

If Nnamdi was as toastable as you say he is, Eli could have easily thrown for more than 2 TDs. And the 2 TDs he did throw on Sunday night were at Bear Pascoe, a FB who was covered by a linebacker, and at Victor Cruz in the slot who abused the rookie Brandon Boykin.

Last edited by J-Spot : 10-02-2012 at 07:57 PM.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have a dislike for Cam Cameron. The offense is working better now that we have 2 actual deep threats and Joe is getting more responsibility, but for years the guy has been too inflexible and refused to adapt at all for the talent we actually had. His in game calls are still lacking and he gets to pass happy in games where we need to run it hard. The no huddle will be a good addition for Flacco, but we shouldn't crazy with it.

Biggest Ravens myth is that Rice needs more touches. He is top 3 in touches for a RB in the last 3 seasons. We need to space out his usage and not wear him down. Pierce really needs to get more involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You mean Reggie Torbor, fat AP, Sam Madison, Gibril Wilson, Rookie Aaron Ross, previously terrible Corey Webster and James Butler weren't great talents Spags had to work with in 07/08?
JPP is overrated and his 10Mr sacks are a farse.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey is better than Antonio Cromartie
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
JPP is overrated and his 10Mr sacks are a farse.
No, JPP is rated fine. This is why we drafted him and he showed his potential last season. He will get better as he gets more experience. He is only 23 years old.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I still have a dislike for Cam Cameron. The offense is working better now that we have 2 actual deep threats and Joe is getting more responsibility, but for years the guy has been too inflexible and refused to adapt at all for the talent we actually had. His in game calls are still lacking and he gets to pass happy in games where we need to run it hard. The no huddle will be a good addition for Flacco, but we shouldn't crazy with it.

Biggest Ravens myth is that Rice needs more touches. He is top 3 in touches for a RB in the last 3 seasons. We need to space out his usage and not wear him down. Pierce really needs to get more involved.
Exactly. This is my biggest problem with Cameron and the running game. Sure he calls enough runs but it seems like it's always in bunches and that's not a great way to balance out the game-plan or keep the defense guessing. Well maybe his plan is to throw it so many times in a row that defense is always thinking that the next play HAS to be a run...

As for the passing game, the concepts have changed a bit and it's for the better. With the addition of the no-huddle sets that they sometimes use Flacco looks pretty good (he still has his moments to remind you he is Flacco though) and that's a pretty big change to what we've seen in the past. The addition of Jones and Smith's progression have helped Cameron's offense but I don't think anybody that follows the Ravens week in and week out is actually happy with him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you pay close enough attention will notice he's an obvious roider,
You would accuse an NFL player of roids? What is the world coming to?

I've been trying to explain this coordinator thing for a long time now. They're there to make sure the HC is, at quickest, the 2nd coach fired when things go down the shitter.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and much props on the Cromartie love. Everything said on him was correct. Great call by the Jets FO, coaching by Ryan's staff, and work on Cromartie's part. By PFF or FO...forget which one...he was grading out better than Revis for the past I'll say...~10 games or so.

Last edited by SenorGato : 10-02-2012 at 09:28 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No, JPP is rated fine. This is why we drafted him and he showed his potential last season. He will get better as he gets more experience. He is only 23 years old.
...sigh...he's making a jbcx allusion. Follow the quote in my link for his amazing explanation of how JPP didn't make an impact last year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
...sigh...he's making a jbcx allusion. Follow the quote in my link for his amazing explanation of how JPP didn't make an impact last year.
Oh, I remember that guy. Where did he go?