2012 Mid-Season Forum Mock Discussion
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Join Date: Feb 2007
2012 Mid-Season Forum Mock Discussion
We're a little over a quarter of the way through the 2012 NFL season and there have already been some requests to do a forum mock.
The plan is for me to extrapolate a draft order based on the results so far this season and complete 3 rounds of the 2013 draft.
Sign up is simple. Simply send an email with the following information to me at email@example.com:
2.) Cell Phone #:
3.) Preferred Teams:
Your cell phone number will only be used for me to text you when you are up if you wish. It can be helpful to avoid me picking for you and you can also text me your pick if you are unable to get to a computer.
If you are willing to take any team, please say so. It helps us fill up faster gives me more flexibility when assigning teams. I know some of you frequently take teams that aren't your own, so if you really want your own team this time, let me know and I'll do my best to get you that team.
Please also include if you are willing to work with a Co-GM. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.
There will be a 2 hour time limit for the first round and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. The clock will stop between Midnight and 9am Eastern.
These are the hours I will be awake and most active, so please send big boards if you aren't going to be around during that time.
Speaking of boards, Please for the love of god send them if you aren't going to be around!
This makes things easier and more efficient all around for everyone.
Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Please try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.
To submit a trade, have both parties send me a PM, email or message on IRC if I am there
. I must receive the details from both sides. You can send it via any of those methods, just make sure it gets to me.
Also, all trades must involve at least one draft pick.
No player for player trades here. I reserve the right to veto any trades that I find unrealistic. In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.
Another thing, please sign into IRC
when you can. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/
I'll be on when I can. Channel is #forummock I think. (Someone can correct me.)
Use your username from here when you sign it. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.
I'll take email applications until I can fill up all the teams. I don't plan on taking a team, though if there are leftovers, I'll step in.
The plan is to take applications this week and start up with a time limit on Wednesday Oct. 10.
The reason for this is because I will not be around at all this weekend. I will give everyone a few days to sign up and I will also try to PM the regulars to make sure they are aware of this.
Official Draft Order/Team Assignments:
- Cleveland Browns (0-5, 2-14) - Shane
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, 3-13) - Unbiased
- Tennessee Titans (1-4, 3-13) - PrinceFielder
- Kansas City Chiefs (1-4, 3-13) - T-Rich49
- Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12) - RaiderNation
- Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12) - Caddy
- Carolina Panthers (1-4, 4-12) - ncst8fan
- Indianapolis Colts (2-2, 5-11) - MaxV/Killxswitch
- Miami Dolphins (2-3, 5-11) - Grizzlegom
- Buffalo Bills (2-3, 5-11) - RedBills
- New Orleans Saints (1-4, 5-11) - CJ
- New York Jets (2-3, 6-10) - Derza/Hurricanes
- Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10) - Broth
- Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10) - D-Unit
- St. Louis Rams (3-2, 7-9) - TheBoyWonder22
- Washington Redskins (2-3, 7-9) - BeerBaron
- Seattle Seahawks (3-2, 8-8) - Shane
- New York Giants (3-2, 9-7) - Scottyboy/OSUGiants
- Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2, 9-7) - Hines
- Green Bay Packers (2-3, 10-6) - SuperPacker
- Denver Broncos (2-3, 10-6)* - DraftGuru
- Minnesota Vikings (4-1, 10-6)* - Prock
- Cincinnati Bengals (3-2, 10-6)* - Docta
- Arizona Cardinals (4-1, 10-6)* - Fenikz
- Philadelphia Eagles (3-2, 10-6)** - ToddBertuzzi
- Chicago Bears (4-1, 11-5)** - JRDrylie
- New England Patriots (3-2, 11-5)** - MatthewJones
- San Diego Chargers (3-2, 11-5)** - Marshallb
- Baltimore Ravens (4-1, 12-4)** - Tackle
- San Francisco 49ers (4-1, 12-4)** - PrinceFielder
- Atlanta Falcons (5-0, 13-3)** - Bosanac
- Houston Texans (5-0, 13-3)** - ImBrotherCain
Last edited by BeerBaron : 10-10-2012 at 09:05 AM.
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Draft order I'm thinking about using:
- Cleveland Browns (0-4, 2-14)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3, 3-13)
- Miami Dolphins (1-3, 4-12)
- Tennessee Titans (1-3, 4-12)
- Kansas City Chiefs (1-3, 4-12)
- Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12)
- Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12)
- Indianapolis Colts (1-2, 4-12)
- Carolina Panthers (1-3, 5-11)
- New Orleans Saints (0-4, 5-11)
- New York Jets (2-2, 6-10)
- St. Louis Rams (2-2, 6-10)
- Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10)
- Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10)
- Seattle Seahawks (2-2, 7-9)
- Buffalo Bills (2-2, 7-9)
- Washington Redskins (2-2, 8-8)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2, 8-8)
- New York Giants (2-2, 8-8)
- Minnesota Vikings (3-1, 9-7)
- Denver Broncos (2-2, 10-6)*
- Chicago Bears (3-1, 10-6)*
- Cincinnati Bengals (3-1, 10-6)*
- Arizona Cardinals (4-0, 10-6)*
- Philadelphia Eagles (3-1, 10-6)**
- Green Bay Packers (2-2, 11-5)**
- New England Patriots (2-2, 11-5)**
- San Diego Chargers (3-1, 11-5)**
- Baltimore Ravens (3-1, 12-4)**
- San Francisco 49ers (3-1, 12-4)**
- Atlanta Falcons (4-0, 13-3)**
- Houston Texans (4-0, 13-3)**
The second record listed is a projection based on how I see them finishing. The playoff teams are fleshed out appropriately with each division winner represented (**) and two wildcards from each conference (*). I'll probably write a little blurb for each team about how they came to end up where they did as well.
I'll probably readjust a bit after this weekends games before we start drafting, but that is my starting point.
10-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
I picked the Bills as a wildcard team before the season and, god dammit, you're going to at least get a little closer here than you probably will in real life!
9ers gonna kill us in SF, then ARZ should as well at their place, then who do we have? O yea the fing Pats in New England, 64-28? Maybe a few late TDs for the Bills? Then we give us as there in no fing way we make it at that point.
We suck, Fitz sucks, Wanny won't change the D, won't make adjustments or bring more than 4. The Bills bar is so low not even james cameron can find it.
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
i could co with the giants or something. yeah
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Join Date: Dec 2005
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Yes, I'll make a list.
Also, I didn't forget about this. This is just the first time I've been in front of the computer for an extended period today. I'll have more information available tomorrow.
I have a list of notable underclassmen, maybe that could help. Obviously all of these players declaring would really over-saturate the draft pool and some would really benefit from another year in school but some of them will declare. My personal suggestions are in bold (players I think will or should declare.)
Tyler Bray, Tennessee
Zach Mettenberger, Louisiana St.
Aaron Murray, Georgia
Casey Pachall, Texas Christian
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
Knile Davis, Arkansas
Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma St.
Fitzgerald Toussaint, Michigan
Spencer Ware, Louisiana St.
Keenan Allen, California
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia
Josh Boyce, Texas Christian
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Da’Rick Rodgers, Tennessee Tech
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
Marquess Wilson, Washington St.
Robert Woods, Southern California
Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Zach Ertz, Stanford
C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
Jordan Reed, Florida
Dion Sims, Michigan St.
Levine Toilolo, Stanford
D.J. Fluker, Alabama
Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL)
James Hurst, North Carolina
Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Taylor Lewan, Michigan
Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
Alvin Bailey, Arkansas
Gabe Jackson, Mississippi St.
Cyril Richardson, Baylor
Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
Dominique Easley, Florida
Sharrif Floyd, Florida
Kwame Geathers, Georgia
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.
Bennie Logan, Louisiana St.
Star Lotulelei, Utah
Akeem Spence, Illinois
Michael Buchanan, Illinois
James Gayle, Virginia Tech
William Gholston, Michigan St.
Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Corey Lemonier, Auburn
Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.
Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.
Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
Ronald Powell, Florida
Bjoern Werner, Florida St.
Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
Jonathan Brown, Illinois
Jelani Jenkins, Florida
Jarvis Jones, Georgia
Chris Borland, Wisconsin
Kevin Minter, Louisiana St.
C.J. Mosley, Alabama
David Amerson, North Carolina St.
Carrington Byndom, Texas
Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St.
Tyrann Mathieu, ex-Louisiana St.
Dee Milliner, Alabama
Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
Logan Ryan, Rutgers
C.J. Barnett, Ohio St.
Matt Elam, Florida
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
Eric Reid, Louisiana St.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.