Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 5: Bills at 49ers

Week 5:
Sunday, October 7, 2012

FYI: this is the best “matchup” banner I could find. People on the interwebz need to design these things faster … for me to then steal them.

Buffalo Bills (2-2)
At
San Francisco 49ers (3-1)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: SF -10
Announcers (FOX): Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots

Well, I don’t know about you, but 34-0 feels a lot better than 13-24. Reminds me of my high school coach who said, “Winning. It’s better than losing.” 3-1 record was my preseason best case scenario so I’m cool with everything now that the loss has been erased from my short-term memory. Should be 4-0 dammit. Ugh, not completely erased.

So, my first inclination is to look at this:

And then think about this:

Along with this:

And then I felt like this:

The left side of the Bills line better bring it

I know there are so many of us that wanted the Niners to throw deep to Moss, but this isn’t quite what I had in mind:

Triple coverage? Just give me a damn fade to the corner of the endzone.

Speaking of Kaepernick, I absolutely loved getting him some reps. He’s quite a weapon. I hope they keep using him.

So, I was planning on making a Super Mario reference. As in, look, the Bills signed Super Mario. Scarrrrrrrry. And then I remembered the Niners signed Super Mario also. It was at that point that I discovered that any player named Mario is pretty much obligated to be called Super Mario. Those are the rules.

And then I saw this:

**** yeah.

The Niners dropped 245 rushing yards on the Jets. 245. So sexy. Won’t be so easy this week. Bills defensive front consists of this:

And this:

Sigh. And this:

Really? And this?:

You gotta love that front. Could be a great defense in the making. It will be real interesting to see how the Niners’ line handles them. On that note …

Have these guys:

Been better than these guys:

I think I’d say yes. Actually, that’s been a helluva nice surprise

The Bills have 2 pretty darn good backs:

And, as usual, it doesn’t matter. Niners run D is filthy.

So, I kinda, sorta, wanted the Niners to sign this guy:

I know that wasn’t popular, but he was my plan B if the Niners couldn’t land Marques Colston. I wasn’t even worried about this:

Or this:

Or this:

I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I may or may not be Terry Donahue.

Hey, remember the Niners signed this guy:

Looks like we’re gonna get our first look at him in real action. I’d love to see him and Kaepernick in the same backfield on a short yardage play. Would be hard for the defense to commit too much up the middle. Maybe they can exploit that for a big play.

And finally, I figured I’d get this guy into the gameday thread, because, well, because this might be the only time I can ever get this guy into the gameday thread:

RJF. Played a great game against Mangold. Totally unexpected. Twas awesome. Sopoaga is still nursing an injury so we may see more of RJF.

Standings
NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals (4-0)
2. San Francisco 49ers (3-1)
3. Seattle Seahawks (2-2)
3. St. Louis Rams (2-2)

AFC East
1. New England Patriots (2-2)
1. Buffalo Bills (2-2)
1. New York Jets (2-2)
4. Miami Dolphins (1-3)

Special Note:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.