Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, good luck Reds fans.

Let's just agree that no matter what happens or no matter what is said, we go back to being cool with each other after the series. Fair?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god, Brandon Inge is going to knock the Tigers out of the playoffs.

Edit - never mind, he's on the 60 day DL.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 10-04-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Also, good luck Reds fans.

Let's just agree that no matter what happens or no matter what is said, we go back to being cool with each other after the series. Fair?
No way bro I hate you forever!!! Goooo Redlegs!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
2010 rematch baby.
only if the clench on the road again, so I can attend.

or an '89 revenge WS win would be nice.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Miggy got the Triple Crown also. I'm pissed Trout couldn't get the 50th though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish the Pirates were able to experience this.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a goddamn career for Vizquel.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
What a goddamn career for Vizquel.
Not a hall of famer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sox fire Valentine

well that just came out of left field
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See ya Bobby V..never was going to work here

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Sox fire Valentine

I am really not surprised after what he said recently about the other coaches betrayed him.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I am really not surprised after what he said recently about the other coaches betrayed him.
I don't think BloodBrother is surprised either. I don't think Bobby V is surprised. I do know there are a lot of people from the 2011 team that are laughing their asses off.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sox fire Valentine

Must be a very shallow left field.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Bobby V stopped caring about a damn thing at the end of the year. Just standing around in the dugout as his team was blowing games and leaving RP in too long without a care in the world

add in all of his comments where he basically says his players suck, the coaches suck, etc. He knew he was done and you can tell the that the whole environment there was completely miserable

what I don't get is why they even hired him in the first place. Dude was a crappy retread hire by Boston. The only positive about it was that it removed him from commentary on ESPN sunday night baseball, so thank you for that Boston
Old 10-04-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what I don't get is why they even hired him in the first place. Dude was a crappy retread hire by Boston. The only positive about it was that it removed him from commentary on ESPN sunday night baseball, so thank you for that Boston
Red Sox was the veteran team when Bobby Valentine was hired. Red Sox basically tried to turn around the veteran team around. It did not work out. That's all.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been loving every minute of this Red Sox debacle as my brother is a huge fan.

Wish one of those play-in games was on tonight.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams vs Cards Thursday and then the Play-in game on Friday. **** this is going to kill me. Good thing my heart has practice from last postseason.

Should be a good game, I respect the Atlanta organization and I'm a huge fan of Chipper Jones. Good luck Braves Nation. Hopefully the Cards come out on top!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Buster Onley was on ESPN this morning and mentioned the idea of the Rays entertaining offers for David Price? What the ****? Why? Just trade Shields if you're gonna trade a pitcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The regular season is over and Yanks are the AL East Champ. Yah!

Anyways, there is my opinion for important award winners.

AL Manager: Buck Showalter, Orioles AND Bob Melvin, Athletics.

Buck Showalter had been my first solo choice until A's took over the AL West title at the last minute by sweeping the series against the Rangers. A's were 13 GB after June 30 game. Orioles were 10 GB after July 18 game.

I have to give Orioles some benefit for being on 1st place for 54 games. A's have the most walkoff victories while Orioles are 16-2 in extra innings.

Thank to strong pitching staffs, A's own a good run differential (+99). Orioles had been owning the negative run differential but finished the season with barely 7 plus, barring the wild card game.

NL Manager: Davey Johnson, Nationals.

I think it is easy call. Johnson helped the young team to become the NL number one team. Gio Gonzalez leads the team with 199.1 innings pitched. Adam LaRoche and Ryan Zimmerman are only hitters with 25 home runs and 90 RBIs. That is not much of domination for number one team. Tips cap to Johnson.

AL Closer: Fernando Rodney, Rays.

No matter what will happen to the wild card game, Rodney has dominated in almost every categories as well as Rodney is only 3 or 4 shorter from Jim Johnson in saves. Not to mention, Johnson is already one more in blown saves than Rodney.

NL Closer: Craig Kimbrel, Braves.

It is the similar situation as AL closer. Cards-Braves will not be a key factor for Jason Motte and Kimbrel. Motte blew saves 7 times that is 4 more than Kimbrel. While Motte pitched 10 more innings and 5 games than Kimbrel, Kimbrel leads in ERA and K by a mile.

AL MVP: Jose "Miggy" Cabrera, Detriot.

It is close call. Cabrera is bad at 3B defensively but he moved back to 3b for Fielder. It is difficult to discount him for Mike Trout's superior outfield defense. Triple Crown winner since 1967 is the most compelling story in my book.

NL MVP: Ryan Braun, Brewers.

I could not award anyone other than Braun as a fake MVP winner. Braun is too much to match or close to. I am sure his drugs test will be in on time. I can't think of anyone else is worth capturing this award to be honest.

AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander, Tigers.

Verlanader won 17 out of 33 game started. Price won 20 out of 31 game started. Verlander sits outside top 6 while Price leads in XFIP. Price sits outside top 6 in K where Verlander is MLB king. Verlander's run support is almost one run less than Price. Verlander leads MLB in complete games. Rest of statistics have both inside AL top 5, give or take. Verlander slightly edges Price.

NL Cy Young: Robert "R.A" Dickey, Mets.

It is tough call. I go with top 5 numbers. Dickey has 8 categories (W, IP, K, ERA, XFIP, WHIP, CG, SHO) Gonzalez has (W, K, k/9, FIP, WAR). Cueto has (W, IP, ERA, WAR). Also, Dickey almost threw back to back no hit games and apporached to Orel Herisher for longest innings streak of no run allowed. Was that last year? lol.

AL Rookie: Mike Trout, Angels.

This should be unanimously voted. No discussion.

NL Rookie: Wade Miley, Diamondbacks.

He pitched almost 200 innings and registered a good number of victories (16) with reasonably solid ERA (3.33). Bryce Harper almost reached 20 home runs/ 20 stolen bases with solid defense. I went with Miley because he was on the roster to start the season. Harper joined Nationala at end of April.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 10-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post

AL MVP: Jose Cabrera, Detriot.

It is close call. Cabrera is bad at 3B defensively but he moved back to 3b for Fielder. It is difficult to discount him for Mike Trout's superior outfield defense. Triple Crown winner since 1967 is the most compelling story in my book.

Ummm who is Jose Cabrera?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

His name is Jose Miguel Cabrera Torres
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
His name is Jose Miguel Cabrera Torres
Yeah, MLB recognizes him as Jose Miguel Cabrera for formal name. I go with Jose Cabrera.

Robert Allen Dickey is known as R.A. Dickey. For future reference, just in case.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Well, now I look like an asshole.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Ummm who is Jose Cabrera?
I was going to say something but thank god I googled it before I said anything.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well, now I look like an asshole.
NOW? Now you do?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote