Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Sean Payton maybe?
Payton isn't going anywhere, I'm not even sure Garrett is the issue. Someone needs to convince Jerry to hire Bill Polian as a GM or some sort of consultant.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Payton isn't going anywhere, I'm not even sure Garrett is the issue. Someone needs to convince Jerry to hire Bill Polian as a GM or some sort of consultant.
Payton is more realistic than Jerry hiring a GM or consultant. When your OC has Romo, Dez, Austin, DeMarco, Witten and is dead last in the NFC in scoring, I'd say he has issues. When you add to it that the OC is also the HC then I'd think he's on a very short leash. With all the injuries Ryan has had to deal with, the D has done its part and then some. The O is ridiculous! With our schedule its not going to get any easier either.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Payton is more realistic than Jerry hiring a GM or consultant. When your OC has Romo, Dez, Austin, DeMarco, Witten and is dead last in the NFC in scoring, I'd say he has issues. When you add to it that the OC is also the HC then I'd think he's on a very short leash. With all the injuries Ryan has had to deal with, the D has done its part and then some. The O is ridiculous! With our schedule its not going to get any easier either.
I agree with you on one point, Jerry is too pig headed to hire a football mind in the front office. Saints aren't going to let Payton walk so I think the argument is pretty much a wash.

I'm not thrilled about the play calling either, I think the head coach should be the head coach and the Offensive Coordinator should be the play caller. I really hope that Callahan eventually takes over that duty but I doubt that happens. Some of the blame has to go to the players themselves, I have to look but I'm almost certain the offense is close to leading the league in dropped passes.

The offense being last in the NFC in scoring has a lot to do with the inept play of the offensive line. If the issues along the line were addressed in the off season we might be looking at a different offense. It is a real issue that Jerry continuously bargain shops for lineman both in that draft and free agency. Other then Leonard Davis there really hasn't been any major effort to put assets into improving the line.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

^^^^ my point was a little muddy, I was checking on my son and broke my train of thought. About being unhappy about the play calling, It is tough to call plays when your interior line can't establish the run and can't maintain a clean pocket when working plays down field.

There needs to be a certain amount of creativity in the play calling to try to mask these issues and it is a tough task when you are both the head coach and play caller.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 10-04-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To D: Yes, Bob's posts deter people from coming in here to discuss the team. It's annoying to have to read through the same garbage commentary made on a daily basis from him. It causes others to respond, and it's just flaming in it's purest sense.

As for the team.. i'm glad we have a bye. I need two weeks to get that shitshow we put on off my mind. Our offensive line is pathetic, they made the Bears line look like all pros.

I'm not worried one bit about the defense (outside of needing Spencer back. i think that game showed us his real value to the team), they were fatigued because they were out there the whole damn game. Josh Brent and Marcus Spears have been beasts in the run game this season, holy ****. I'm glad to see that. The upside is that our defense looked good, despite the score. Our offense on the other hand...
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
To D: Yes, Bob's posts deter people from coming in here to discuss the team. It's annoying to have to read through the same garbage commentary made on a daily basis from him. It causes others to respond, and it's just flaming in it's purest sense.

As for the team.. i'm glad we have a bye. I need two weeks to get that shitshow we put on off my mind. Our offensive line is pathetic, they made the Bears line look like all pros.

I'm not worried one bit about the defense (outside of needing Spencer back. i think that game showed us his real value to the team), they were fatigued because they were out there the whole damn game. Josh Brent and Marcus Spears have been beasts in the run game this season, holy ****. I'm glad to see that. The upside is that our defense looked good, despite the score. Our offense on the other hand...
I agree with you on the defense. I believe once Ratliff and Spencer are back we'll see a difference.

The offense IMO all boils down to the OL. Yes, Dez has made some mental errors and yes Romo has been pressing. Romo has been pressing due to us not being able to run the ball and a lot of pressure in his face. If we can figure the OL out, I feel we'll be fine.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is it that Dez has been playing 2 seasons and 4 weeks and his career high single game yards is only 105? Is that a misprint in the NFL.com article? I would have figured it because 105 yards is a joke for an X WR.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
How is it that Dez has been playing 2 seasons and 4 weeks and his career high single game yards is only 105? Is that a misprint in the NFL.com article? I would have figured it because 105 yards is a joke for an X WR.
Its accurate. Only 100 yard game of his career. Weve tried to defend him and thought this was going to be his breakout year. Now, not so sure. Teetering on being a major disappointment

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its accurate. Only 100 yard game of his career. Weve tried to defend him and thought this was going to be his breakout year. Now, not so sure. Teetering on being a major disappointment
Wait, that's his 1st 100 plus yard game?! Why?! It's not like you guys are the 2004 Steelers run first offense. How in the world does a talent like Dez in 2 seasons and 4 weeks into his 3rd only has now, 1 100 plus game?

That's pretty bad.

Nicks had his first 100 plus yard game, week 4 in his rookie year. 114 yard game and 1 TD.

When I think of Dez I think of a player in the "If" category. Same as Cutler. High Potential players, but in order to get that potential. You need to add IFs to everything.

If they mature. If he has a # 1 WR. If he has a OL blocking, THEN he can be a very good QB if not elite.

If Dez matures, IF Dez takes time to learn and study hard, IF he stays clean off the field, THEN he can be one of the best Wrs in the league.

Eventually, those IFs have to come true or be reality, otherwise it's a waste. But originally I was wondering if that was a misprint because career high seemed odd. 105 yard game, and that being career high. Wow.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has two 100 yard games now. Monday night was his second. The other was against the Giants I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think I'm gonna ban Bob because I think he single handedly killed the activity in this thread. Am I right or wrong about that?
You're right. It's getting really annoying because he keeps on coming back.
He is not a fan of the Cowboys, he doesn't care if we win or not. He just wants some players/coaches/people to fail in order to say "I told you so". That's not my approach to sports. I'm a Cowboys fan and when a player is part of the team I'm rooting for him to turn into a great player.
I couldn't bear other 12 weeks of "this guy sucks". It's a long season and we should support the team. I'm not in the right mood after loss, coming into this forum and reading the same old stuff is really irritating.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Wait, that's his 1st 100 plus yard game?! Why?! It's not like you guys are the 2004 Steelers run first offense. How in the world does a talent like Dez in 2 seasons and 4 weeks into his 3rd only has now, 1 100 plus game?

That's pretty bad.

Nicks had his first 100 plus yard game, week 4 in his rookie year. 114 yard game and 1 TD.

When I think of Dez I think of a player in the "If" category. Same as Cutler. High Potential players, but in order to get that potential. You need to add IFs to everything.

If they mature. If he has a # 1 WR. If he has a OL blocking, THEN he can be a very good QB if not elite.

If Dez matures, IF Dez takes time to learn and study hard, IF he stays clean off the field, THEN he can be one of the best Wrs in the league.

Eventually, those IFs have to come true or be reality, otherwise it's a waste. But originally I was wondering if that was a misprint because career high seemed odd. 105 yard game, and that being career high. Wow.
I like how you put it, hadn't really heard it like that before. He's definitely an "if" player so far. We can only assess what we've seen, and he definitely needs a few things to fall into place to have sustained success. His mental lapses are just far too common, and to this day he doesn't seem to have a complete grasp of the offensive playbook.

When you add the fact that he's a nagging injury waiting to happen, and he's really dumb (saw limited pt his rookie and sophomore seasons due to his lack of understanding of the pb, and injuries), it isn't a surprise that he hasn't put up 100yd games regularly. He has every bit the talent to do it, he flashes it every game.. he makes two or three pro-bowl kinda grabs, then lets one bounce off his facemask. Starting to resemble Brandon Lloyd a bit. -.-
Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dez had a QB like Eli we wouldn't be having this discussion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Dez had a QB like Eli we wouldn't be having this discussion.
LOL Does Eli throw a softer ball or something? A drop is a drop no matter whos throwing it. Same with running the wrong route. 1st round talent with a 7th round brain.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL Does Eli throw a softer ball or something? A drop is a drop no matter whos throwing it. Same with running the wrong route. 1st round talent with a 7th round brain.
Eli knows how to get on the same page with his WRs, just like his brother Peyton knows. Extra, Extra, EXTRA work is made between them and their WRs. That's why there is trust between them, that's why there is no confusion on audibles, and that's why Eli makes throws that Romo would never attempt... and when Romo does attempt them, it's an entire toss up whether the WR will catch the ball or run the right route or get the right timing down. It's a disjointed relationship. Romo doesn't have a special relationship with any of his WRs. Never has. He's got it with Witten because they put in the time and work... but he hasn't ever done the same with any WR since he's been here.

To him it's simply a business relationship.... nothing more. Call it lack of leadership, lack of care/interest/awareness, or just call it coming to work and doing the bare minimum. Whatevs.. I dunno... The lack of trust between Romo and his WRs stink. He doesn't trust throwing the ball to his WRs in tight coverage. That's why he holds on to the ball so long. That's why he's Captain Checkdown. That's why our #3 WRs are targeted so often. That's why our #1 and #2 WRs are underused.

Eli will throw it up to Nicks or Cruz when they appear covered. Romo hates doing that.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so onto the Ravens this week. Ravens are very beatable and their defense is vulnerable this year. My biggest fear is Baltimore is a tough place to play.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is your line? I have Murray in fantasy and i believe he is talented, but your line is pretty bad. Are you going to be getting guys back from injury?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
How is your line? I have Murray in fantasy and i believe he is talented, but your line is pretty bad. Are you going to be getting guys back from injury?
Trade him. That's my advice.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Hey Debbie Downer D-Unit. Perk up and have some optimism!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha Cowboys fans are the most jaded I've ever seen after a loss...FIRE everyone..trade EVERYONE...

You'd think after 15 years of mediocrity we'd be used to it. But no...not winning SB's....fire them allllll!

FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Murray would be a 1500+ yard gainer with some good pass numbers in there too if the line wasn't terrible. You can even see it on a lot of those 2 yard gains. He has to fight so much to get 2 yard that you just know that if he had a decent line those gains would be 8-12 yarders.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
1 Wed, Sep 5 @New York L - I thought we were gonna lose against the Giants at home coming off their SB win.

2 Sun, Sep 16 @Seattle W - Not sweating it against Russell Wilson.

3 Sun, Sep 23 vsTampa Bay W - First home game of the season, I like us to come out and dominate.

4 Mon, Oct 1 vsChicago W - 2nd week in a row at home, our guys get to sleep in their comfy beds. Close game, but we have a great chance to win this. I'm thinking by Week 4, that our Week 1 kinks will be ironed out.

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 14 @Baltimore W - This game will be tough on the road, but 2 weeks to prepare, and that increases my hopes that we can win.

7 Sun, Oct 21 @Carolina W - You shut down Steve Smith (which we can with our CBs) and you shut down Carolina. Their running game is atrocious.

8 Sun, Oct 28 vsNew York - We got the Eli stoppers in Carr/Claiborne. ;)

So ATL I think gives us a run for our money.
Seems like just the other day...

Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think im gunna trade Murray, I believe that the line can do it. If the giants line can do it, the Dallas line can too.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli knows how to get on the same page with his WRs, just like his brother Peyton knows. Extra, Extra, EXTRA work is made between them and their WRs. That's why there is trust between them, that's why there is no confusion on audibles, and that's why Eli makes throws that Romo would never attempt... and when Romo does attempt them, it's an entire toss up whether the WR will catch the ball or run the right route or get the right timing down. It's a disjointed relationship. Romo doesn't have a special relationship with any of his WRs. Never has. He's got it with Witten because they put in the time and work... but he hasn't ever done the same with any WR since he's been here.

To him it's simply a business relationship.... nothing more. Call it lack of leadership, lack of care/interest/awareness, or just call it coming to work and doing the bare minimum. Whatevs.. I dunno... The lack of trust between Romo and his WRs stink. He doesn't trust throwing the ball to his WRs in tight coverage. That's why he holds on to the ball so long. That's why he's Captain Checkdown. That's why our #3 WRs are targeted so often. That's why our #1 and #2 WRs are underused.

Eli will throw it up to Nicks or Cruz when they appear covered. Romo hates doing that.
That's exactly what I think... That's why Robinson had so many TDs last year... Of course your number 1 WR is gonna get extra attention... every number 1 in this league gets double covered... still they get numbers... Romo doesn't do that, he doesn't throw to his WRs when they're well covered...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
That's exactly what I think... That's why Robinson had so many TDs last year... Of course your number 1 WR is gonna get extra attention... every number 1 in this league gets double covered... still they get numbers... Romo doesn't do that, he doesn't throw to his WRs when they're well covered...

LOL I cant believe Romo is getting bashed for maklng the PROPER reads and throwing to the OPEN receiver. I mean the guy deserves his fair share of criticism, but c'mon! Dez doesnt catch the ball when hes wide open, much less when doubled LOL.

And D, your assuming he doesnt spend extra time with the WRs, but you really dont know that. To call Romo "captain checkdown" is a JOKE! Hes FAR from being captain checkdowown, if anything he goes deep when he would be better off checking it down. SMH...