Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i loved my x until i dropped in the street in the winter for 4 hours.

either way, i like bigger screens. the phone still fits in my pocket. it's still ergonomic. *shrug*
Haha, yeah. I understand that. My Droid X has just had a bunch of issues since day one but I mostly attribute that to Motorola being crappy and not supporting many OS updates for it.

I mean, I have big hands but I feel really dumb carrying around and talking on this big huge phone.

I can live with it though if it's an awesome phone. I want to see the specifics of this new Nexus phone though. I haven't heard much about it.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, yeah. I understand that. My Droid X has just had a bunch of issues since day one but I mostly attribute that to Motorola being crappy and not supporting many OS updates for it.

I mean, I have big hands but I feel really dumb carrying around and talking on this big huge phone.

I can live with it though if it's an awesome phone. I want to see the specifics of this new Nexus phone though. I haven't heard much about it.
The Galaxy Nexus Forenci has a nice big screen but it doesn't look like a mammoth of a phone ala the Thunderbolt, Galaxy Note so on and so forth.

The S3 looks like one of those big guys but the specs are there to match.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The Galaxy Nexus Forenci has a nice big screen but it doesn't look like a mammoth of a phone ala the Thunderbolt, Galaxy Note so on and so forth.

The S3 looks like one of those big guys but the specs are there to match.
Intriguing. Does anyone have some specs of the Galaxy Nexus? I'm curious how it compares to the iPhone and S3.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Intriguing. Does anyone have some specs of the Galaxy Nexus? I'm curious how it compares to the iPhone and S3.
A lot of us have it and it is comparable to the S3 maybe a little slower.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...us-CDMA_id6135
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't have the specs, but it compares favorably to the iphone5, but is a small step behind the s3. i'd honestly wait a month and see if the next batch come out. i'd guess that they'll be a full step beyond the nexus.
Oh yeah, I will be. I'm not getting a new phone until December most likely. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I will be. I'm not getting a new phone until December most likely. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
Get the iphone. You won't regret it.

Then we can make a thread on the iphone and talk about how cool we are.

USER WAS SLAPPED AROUND WITH A 2x4 FOR THIS POST
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I used to like you.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I used to like you too.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with new Nexus phones coming out, is there any chance Google just stops selling the current Nexus? That would suck.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

haha! who did this? <3 you njx <333

But seriously, the hate btw the iphonies and the droiders is getting out of control. You don't have to hate one to like the other.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

I used to like you too.
You still do. I'm the type you check up on facebook to see if I upgraded.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So with new Nexus phones coming out, is there any chance Google just stops selling the current Nexus? That would suck.
I highly doubt that'll be the case. Even if they did, there's still plenty of venues to get it from (mainly online though)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me a big ass phone. I have a droid 4 because I love keyboards, but if I didn't I'd totally get the new Note 2. The thing is just on the brink of phone size and I love it. I'd honestly take a phone that its an inch thick if it gave me great battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Note, for me, is too big but I am a fan of the original EVO's size.
I think it was 4.6" or something close to that. I think that's the biggest I'd go.
I've been with a couple 4" screen'd phones since the EVO and I do miss the bigger size.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had an iPhone 4 before my S3 and when I was playing with it yesterday it just felt like a toy and even the new iPhone is just longer and still smaller. I like the extra screen size because I have nfl sunday ticket that I can watch on my phone when I'm on the go.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2ish years ago...
Quote:
I'm dead serious when I say my Droid X changed my life. I can't imagine life without this thing.

If you're a city guy, I highly recommend downloading the Yelp app and the open table app. Both of those apps are so awesome if you go to restaurants with your girl or whatever. Open table lets you make reservations on the spot it's soooo good to have especially in NYC.

Another must have for New Yorkers is the Subway/Train app that gives you the locations of every terminal.

Vlingo is awesome for the car when you need to use your phone but can't type.

The movie app is great for buying movie tickets too. And all these apps sync in with Google Navigation which is also great.

If you like having a lot of apps on your homepage, download multicon, it lets you have smaller icons.

If you're into stocks, bloomberg and etrade are great apps. Zillow is great for real estate. I even have my Walgreens app for my prescriptions. And amazon app for buying stuff, ditto for best buy, and cnet scan for reviews on electronics. Just scan the barcode and it will give you a review of the product.

I work full time and go to school part time, and I downloaded a tape recorder that allows me to record lectures, then I just sink my phone to my auxillary line in my car and listen to the lectures on my way to work and back home, so I basically hear every lecture 3 times, so I don't even have to study that much bc I just remember everything. Pandora makes my ipod useless, and the mp3 player on my phone does as well.

I don't even need a calculator, I just downloaded a scientific calculator app.

I can do so much with this phone I don't even feel like I need a computer anymore. I use my phone for almost everything now. All my social networks, everything.

three days ago...
Quote:

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Google has sold 3 phones and 2 different things have happened each time.

However, if you are in the market for one (or know someone that is), I wouldn't wait.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

http://gizmodo.com/5949363/report-th...ter-this-month

Quote:
LG is about to get into the Google Nexus game with a new phone to be released later this month, according to CNET. The as-yet-unnamed phone will bear some similarities to LG's recent Optimus G, but will also pick up some tweaks in order to earn the Nexus name.

According to Modaco, the rumored specs include Qualcomm's Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, a 1280 by 768 IPS display, an 8-megapixel camera, and a non-removable battery. It won't be outfitted with a micro SD port, and instead will come in 8GB and 16GB flavors.

The Nexus S and Galaxy S are Samsung products, while the Nexus 7 tablet is an ASUS joint, and the original Nexus One was from HTC; this is LG's first shot at a piece of the Nexus pie. Hopefully they'll make it count.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That phone sounds stupid. I also don't trust LG.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
2ish years ago...

three days ago...

I can still do all of those things with my iphone.

Only now I'm COOLER when I do it.

*puts on shades*
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
"a non-removable battery. It won't be outfitted with a micro SD port"

didn't bother reading past that, no further interest in that phone.
my sentiments exactly.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

So that is the new Nexus phone people were discussing? LG is craptastic so I will likely rule that phone out if so.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I have the LG Optimus S and its a p.o.s

plus what njx pointed out completely turned me off. LG is going to crap all over that phone.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell wouldn't you put a micro sd slot? I'm sad my phone doesn't have a removable battery but at least it has a sd slot. I just bought a 64gb micro sd

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I really miss being able to buy an extra battery or 2 and just carry that with me. I never had to worry about charging. Is there a reason that phones are being built like that anymore?

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy